Anyone else not care about Jedi Luke?

Prev13
Getting Jedi Luke is not going to make a difference to me in terms of game satisfaction. There are too many other issues I like to see addressed before releasing any other characters. How about you?

Replies

• Options
    I think you might be alone on this one, friend. If Jedi Luke doesn't make an impact on this game, it's doomed. He's Luke Freaking Skywalker. He's THE hero. Yes, there are bugs that need to be fixed and game dynamics that should change, but they've had more than 2 years to think about what they want to do with Jedi Luke. He'd better be AWESOME.
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    He will be the most op character ever released, and put jedi/rebels at permanent dominance (rotj luke, not this commander luke)
  • Options
    I get that. I grew up in the 70's and Star Wars/Luke Skywalker had a huge impact on me. I'm just not enthusiastic about it because so many parts of this game need to be worked on first. And I'm fine being in the minority. The developers are on a mad dash to constantly release new content while ignoring the issues that have been brought up thousands of times on this forum from players. This game is an atm for the developers. Hype the latest and greatest thing and they make money. Make players feel they have to chase this toon or that toon. They don't have to fix anything because they are making money. So big deal. Jedi luke is coming. I think i will survive without him. Just curious about how others felt considering I don't see a lot of Jedi teams in arena on my shard.
  • Options
    You mean the whiny snot from the original trilogy that the whiny snot from the prequels was based on? I wasn't much impressed by Luke once we got to see real Jedi in action. He seems like a poser in comparison. That's why you have to watch the original trilogy before seeing the prequels, because the other way around will leave you underwhelmed.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    I get that. I grew up in the 70's and Star Wars/Luke Skywalker had a huge impact on me. I'm just not enthusiastic about it because so many parts of this game need to be worked on first. And I'm fine being in the minority. The developers are on a mad dash to constantly release new content while ignoring the issues that have been brought up thousands of times on this forum from players. This game is an atm for the developers. Hype the latest and greatest thing and they make money. Make players feel they have to chase this toon or that toon. They don't have to fix anything because they are making money. So big deal. Jedi luke is coming. I think i will survive without him. Just curious about how others felt considering I don't see a lot of Jedi teams in arena on my shard.
    `

I think it funny that people really believe that "they are making money so why would they care". You think there is an EA/CG **** behind the Devs that order them to "steal" money from us? You think the Devs get more money if we spend more? They have a limited staff to work on everything, to create new stuff and to fix what is "broken". It is all a matter of priorities.

Right now the game needs new content above anything else (IMHO) and lets be honest, there isnt a lot of things right now that is making the game "bad". Sure there will always be stuff that gets on our nerves but right now the game is solid and the staff is probably working a lot in this new content they announced a few weeks ago.

"Is it only me that doesnt care about Jedi Luke?" LOL get lost
  • Options
    Always appreciate a developers response.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    LOL they dont allow us to write the name of that german dude with the weird mustache during WW2
  • Options
    I don't care for Luke at all, but I will be disappointed if his release doesn't make a big impact on the game. I completely understand why people are upset that he hasn't been added yet. He's long overdue.
  • Options
    Karek77 wrote: »
    `

I think it funny that people really believe that "they are making money so why would they care". You think there is an EA/CG **** behind the Devs that order them to "steal" money from us? You think the Devs get more money if we spend more? They have a limited staff to work on everything, to create new stuff and to fix what is "broken". It is all a matter of priorities.

Right now the game needs new content above anything else (IMHO) and lets be honest, there isnt a lot of things right now that is making the game "bad". Sure there will always be stuff that gets on our nerves but right now the game is solid and the staff is probably working a lot in this new content they announced a few weeks ago.

So the priority is to constantly release new content ahead of fixing long standing issues with the game? How does that work?
  • Options
    I think the idea of going through different events or battles or whatever they are going to call it to see Luke evolve is a cool idea. It's like a timeline in the movie. I like that idea.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    `

So the priority is to constantly release new content ahead of fixing long standing issues with the game? How does that work?

What are the long standing issues with the game right now?
  • Options
    nope just you, I hope commander luke breaks the everlasting rex meta
  • Options
    I'm not going to repeat the long standing issues that are ignored. Read the forum.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    nope just you, I hope commander luke breaks the everlasting rex meta

rex should have never been a meta, his leader ability was created before mods and not being reworked after them was a big big mistake
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not going to repeat the long standing issues that are ignored. Read the forum.

hahaha sure you dont even know of any issues, that is just classic of a hater
  • Options
    @CerealKiller Tell Karek77 your issues. He thinks the game is fine as it is.
  • Options

hahaha sure you dont even know of any issues, that is just classic of a hater

I forgot children also play this game.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    @CerealKiller Tell Karek77 your issues. He thinks the game is fine as it is.

As I said before I dont think the game is perfect but again no game is or ever will be. But it is solid right now and things are good, just missing some new things cuz Im bored tbh
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    I actually am excited to see with what toon am I gonna smash Luke, Vader? Palpa? Sid? Even b2????
  • Options
    Not excited about jedi luke your not alone up there. This isnt a one player action/adventure game so lukes role as "the" hero doesnt matter to ones overall game priorities, they are going to fully load his kit and he will resurge the flooded jedi/rebel ranks, while the devs cash in on a known, popular, famous face to push those kits in the store, in terms of characters theres groups that dont even have 5 members why not fill those in and create some real diversity instead of all riding this nihilus train with d maul lead or rex lead. Luke is already in the game and its plenty of rebels and jedi, so really after that thrawn phoenix event being so profitable luke is the next best move to generate some cash.
  • Options

All I ever come across on these forums is someone posts complaining about something, some people show up to cheer them on, others show up to shoot them down. The arguement starts and usually derails into a flame war, argueing totally irrelevant points and beating dead horses.
    If you can show me an issue where with a unanimous vote there is something wrong I may consider it an issue.
    Game breaking issues like the barris zeta bug are handled, lesser issues like han shoots first are backburnered, for example.
    Most complaints usually originate from frusteration of the time consuming grind or paywall where people believe they are entitled to some kind of hand out.
    Or its fan fight, I like this faction better than that faction, why do they get the attention when such and such needs it? Oh yeah? Yeah! ding ding ding
  • Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    You mean the whiny snot from the original trilogy that the whiny snot from the prequels was based on? I wasn't much impressed by Luke once we got to see real Jedi in action. He seems like a poser in comparison. That's why you have to watch the original trilogy before seeing the prequels, because the other way around will leave you underwhelmed.

I have no words
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I like Luke character. He is the main character, always show up in game loading screen, sometimes i feel Luke = Star Wars.

But it take too long from such huge company to release something that so iconic, too many broken promises, false words, and deception. So, i don't care anymore.
  • Options
    I don't care about Jedi Luke. Just seems like a way to get me to level and gear up a boat load of characters that aren't high up on my priority list otherwise. I'd rather just be able to focus on my arena team, pilots so I can start farming zetas, and raid teams so I just don't plan on getting him the first time he comes around lol.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It all depends on his impact in arena. If he's meta I'll throw all my resources at him otherwise I'll just add him to the que of my other projects.
  • cevans7
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Luke is the "Must Have" character for me. I enjoy having the classic toons in my arsenal, and even if this next Luke is mediocre I'll still max him and run him in arena. To me this is a collection game, and I enjoy unlocking and leveling up my toons... just because.
  • Options

All I ever come across on these forums is someone posts complaining about something, some people show up to cheer them on, others show up to shoot them down. The arguement starts and usually derails into a flame war, argueing totally irrelevant points and beating dead horses.
    If you can show me an issue where with a unanimous vote there is something wrong I may consider it an issue.
    Game breaking issues like the barris zeta bug are handled, lesser issues like han shoots first are backburnered, for example.
    Most complaints usually originate from frusteration of the time consuming grind or paywall where people believe they are entitled to some kind of hand out.
    Or its fan fight, I like this faction better than that faction, why do they get the attention when such and such needs it? Oh yeah? Yeah! ding ding ding

So thE very fact that they had to create feedback sections in this forum because of numerous complaints about gameplay means everything is going well to you?
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    I don't care about Luke. If I have the right characters then it's fine. For me it isn't a must have... and I'm sure a lot of others Luke versions will come in the game...that is boring because there are so many other interesting characters in Star Wars.
  • Options
    Luke is the poster boy of Star Wars, but don't forget how every other character released is. He'll likely be incredibly OP and a must have for his faction, which happens to be rebels don't forget that. Then after a couple of months he'll get a direct counter to him and he'll fade away into irrelevance for a while. that's assuming CG makes him good enough of a character, he will have to be pretty good to replace any toon in top tier arena.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Options
    Like it or not Jedi Luke is overdue. He is THE main character in star wars. He is also one of the characters used to advertise this game. How upsetting it is to get into SWGOH and find out he is not even available as a playable character.
This discussion has been closed.