Commander Luke Skywalker appearance possibilities

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Ok let me put it simply

The Jedi order is done - they no longer stick to terms such as padawan in the OT.

Kanan was a padawan in the clone wars (he was never a jedi knight). His master was killed. He still follows the path of a jedi and he has a jedi tag in this game.

Luke was apprentice to Old Ben. Old Ben died - Luke still followed the path of the jedi up to and beyond his meeting with yoda.

- Do you see where I'm going with this?

Also it is very likely that we are getting Bespin Luke - so that would end your argument in a hurry right there.

Luke becomes a part of the Jedi once he decides to leave Tatooine with Old Ben. He becomes a Jedi Knight only when he defeats Vader at the end of ROTJ.

He leaves tattoine to rescue Leia and only because his Aunt & Uncle died.

No he says: "I want to come with you to Alderaan, there's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the force and become a Jedi like my father"

Old Ben becomes his master and he an apprentice (or master & padawan if you speak PT)

Please watch the movies again - no one knows star wars better than me - no one.

Since you claim that the jedi order is no more and they don't use Padawan tags in the OT, then by your own statement Luke is not a Jedi until ROTJ.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Ok let me put it simply

The Jedi order is done - they no longer stick to terms such as padawan in the OT.

Kanan was a padawan in the clone wars (he was never a jedi knight). His master was killed. He still follows the path of a jedi and he has a jedi tag in this game.

Luke was apprentice to Old Ben. Old Ben died - Luke still followed the path of the jedi up to and beyond his meeting with yoda.

- Do you see where I'm going with this?

Also it is very likely that we are getting Bespin Luke - so that would end your argument in a hurry right there.

Luke becomes a part of the Jedi once he decides to leave Tatooine with Old Ben. He becomes a Jedi Knight only when he defeats Vader at the end of ROTJ.

He leaves tattoine to rescue Leia and only because his Aunt & Uncle died.

No he says: "I want to come with you to Alderaan, there's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the force and become a Jedi like my father"

Old Ben becomes his master and he an apprentice (or master & padawan if you speak PT)

Please watch the movies again - no one knows star wars better than me - no one.

Since you claim that the jedi order is no more and they don't use Padawan tags in the OT, then by your own statement Luke is not a Jedi until ROTJ.

No - I said he is not a Jedi Knight. He is still a follower of the jedi code and path - just as Kanan is when he decides to teach ezra. He is a jedi student, padawan, apprentice whatever you want to call it.
  • Options
    Think his appearance was leaked already.

https://i.redd.it/xc7dx68p7k9z.png

Stuff of nightmares

Lol - that's a fake!, nice try though.

Look at GK's attacks and abilities - they are exactly the same and you can see the Hoth Luke mesh over top of GK graphics, lol

Oh definitely. It's not mine so somebody else created that. It is amusing.
  • Options
    Ok let me put it simply

You said it right here. If they don't stick to those terms, according to you, then he's not a Jedi until ROTJ.
  • Options
    Ok let me put it simply

You said it right here. If they don't stick to those terms, according to you, then he's not a Jedi until ROTJ.

I agree, at no point in the OT is he or anyone else referred to as a padawan. I guess we will have to wait and see what the devs decide though!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ok let me put it simply

I said they do not stick to terms such as Padawan - he is a student, apprentice of Old Ben and then goes on to be a student of Yoda - whatever you want to call it he is a student of the Jedi

By your logic he is not a Jedi at all in any way shape of form, not even a student, until he defeats Vader and is suddenly at a rank of Jedi Knight - this makes 0 sense.

I will say again:

Kanan - Padawan
    Ahsoka - Padawan
    Bariss - Padawan

Ezra - Jedi student (I do not believe he is referred to as a padawan either - I may be wrong there though)
    Luke - Jedi student

So why is Luke out of all of those students not a Jedi??????????????????
  • Options
    OMG guys, why the firk are you guys against giving him a Jedi tag? Jeez
    The precedent is on the game win Kanen and Ezra, he might not be a full fledged Jedi knight by then, but he surely and certainly is on the path to becoming a Jedi, and that's what counts as far as this game is concerned.
    I mean, you might not like the Jedi faction in game or story wise, but don't try to firk everyone who does over a technicality - the only interaction of Luke not being a Jedi is Farmer Luke (and possibly Old Man Luke). For everything else in between he should have a Jedi tag.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    OMG guys, why the firk are you guys against giving him a Jedi tag? Jeez
    The precedent is on the game win Kanen and Ezra, he might not be a full fledged Jedi knight by then, but he surely and certainly is on the path to becoming a Jedi, and that's what counts as far as this game is concerned.
    I mean, you might not like the Jedi faction in game or story wise, but don't try to firk everyone who does over a technicality - the only interaction of Luke not being a Jedi is Farmer Luke (and possibly Old Man Luke). For everything else in between he should have a Jedi tag.

Thank you
  • Options
    Ok let me put it simply

I said they do not stick to terms such as Padawan - he is a student, apprentice of Old Ben and then goes on to be a student of Yoda - whatever you want to call it he is a student of the Jedi

By your logic he is not a Jedi at all in any way shape of form, not even a student, until he defeats Vader and is suddenly at a rank of Jedi Knight - this makes 0 sense.

I will say again:

Kanan - Padawan
    Ahsoka - Padawan
    Bariss - Padawan

Ezra - Jedi student (I do not believe he is referred to as a padawan either - I may be wrong there though)
    Luke - Jedi student

So why is Luke out of all of those students not a Jedi??????????????????

:D
  • Options
    The tag doesn't bother me either way, the only thing that will bother me is the outfit they pick. If he's in the hoth uniform I'm going to be very reluctant to farm him - much cooler looks available
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    The tag doesn't bother me either way, the only thing that will bother me is the outfit they pick. If he's in the hoth uniform I'm going to be very reluctant to farm him - much cooler looks available

I agree on that one - he has to be Bespin Luke.

Did you ever play Super Empire Strikes Back on the snes?

It annoyed my how Luke was in his x-wing pilot gear throughout the hole darn game - even the Vader fight at the end - it was so wrong!!!

They wised up in Super Return of the Jedi - as Leia got 3 costume skins in that game.
  • Options

Opinions are like butt holes
  • Options
    Ok let me put it simply

I agree, at no point in the OT is he or anyone else referred to as a padawan. I guess we will have to wait and see what the devs decide though!

True, the devs make the call, not us. I mean our arguments to pass the time about when a character joined a specific faction is moot when you look at a character like Han (Rebel tag) and the time frame of his toons. Then you have R2 with tags from his entire lifespan, but we're stuck with CWChewy.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Ok let me put it simply

True, the devs make the call, not us. I mean our arguments to pass the time about when a character joined a specific faction is moot when you look at a character like Han (Rebel tag) and the time frame of his toons. Then you have R2 with tags from his entire lifespan, but we're stuck with CWChewy.

True - there are several tags that aren't right in the game currently. Hopefully they get fixed with certain faction passes.
  • Options
    Ok let me put it simply

The CW Chewie one is particularly interesting as it's in the name. I mean, what are they going to do for the rebel one, make him slightly more grey?
  • Options
    Ok let me put it simply

True - there are several tags that aren't right in the game currently. Hopefully they get fixed with certain faction passes.

Agree.
  • Options
    Ok let me put it simply

The CW Chewie one is particularly interesting as it's in the name. I mean, what are they going to do for the rebel one, make him slightly more grey?

Yeah, they can easily do a rework on him dropping the CW in his name and adding Rebel and resistance tags and then reworking his kit. Much like R2 he pretty much has the same look in all the movies, unlike say Sidious and EP.
  • Options

I say nay @MadMalgusReturns. One cannot fist an opinion.
  • Options

I say nay @MadMalgusReturns. One cannot fist an opinion.

Yes you can. It's called a fist in the mouth or a knuckle sandwhich :D
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Ok let me put it simply

Yeah, they can easily do a rework on him dropping the CW in his name and adding Rebel and resistance tags and then reworking his kit. Much like R2 he pretty much has the same look in all the movies, unlike say Sidious and EP.

Absolutely - 100% agree there
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Waez wrote: »
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

This.
    He will probably have both a blaster and a lightsaber, which he will use as his weapons.

Correct. Devs just deciding if he should have Jedi tag (he should not)

This.
    He will probably have both a blaster and a lightsaber, which he will use as his weapons.

This.

He should have a Jedi tag - just as Ezra does, he is still an apprentice Jedi, so he deserves a Jedi tag, just because he is not yet a Jedi Knight, does not mean he is not a Jedi.

This.

He should have a Jedi tag - just as Ezra does, he is still an apprentice Jedi, so he deserves a Jedi tag, just because he is not yet a Jedi Knight, does not mean he is not a Jedi.
    Obviously.
    If undergoing Jedi training is the requirement, Luke will have a Jedi tag, Just like Ezra does.
    Come to think about it, Kanen didn't finish his jedi training, and yet he is also a Jedi.
    FAT didn't get a Jedi tag simply because she does use the words: "I'm no Jedi".
    If Luke Skywalker doesn't have a Jedi tag I might as well quit this game, Luke IS the Jedi from my childhood.

Absolutely

Kanan got a Jedi tag because he never left the order, he continued to train in the way of the jedi and Ezra is his apprentice/padawan.

Ezra, Bariss, and Ahsoka are all Jedi Padawans/Apprentices in this game and all have a jedi tag, so should luke.

ATF doesn't get a tag, because she left the Jedi order and clearly states that she is no jedi.

Luke had better get a Jedi tag - just as Ventress should get a Sith tag in the separatist update/faction pass.
  • Options
    Bespin luke with blue lightsaber as main weapon or im rioting.

Personally for the game i very much hope he is a jedi, so people dont just use him with rebels, and so there are more team options for jedi. However you could also argue that if we have this luke and then a rotj luke and they were both jedi it would get silly, all nerds will just end up fielding multi-lukes they will be so OP. Anyway, this is a game at the end of the day and while it is fun to discuss if he should get the tag, its just a tag, just an opinion, and the devs have their job to do to make a good game, you cant hold them to one side based on a very arguable argument, they have a game to make well, and the tag here will be important for the game. but yes i really hope he is jedi for the game's sake.

As for technically jedi or not, the thing about him not being a jedi in the game, is that it doesnt make sense according to what they laid out in terms of what a jedi is in the game. yoda says he is not a jedi yet, so what he hasnt achieved enough/isntcapable enough to be a jedi? like he has not done enough jedi stuff to gain the title of jedi, but all the other characters in the game didnt blow up a death star, that was more jedi than anything many of the other in game jedi did. he is luke, in terms of achievements and power he was more achieved, and definitely able and powerful enough to be a much better jedi than many who have the tag (luminara, barriss, eeth koth, JKG etc.)

Or if yoda is saying he is not committed/light side enough to be a jedi? well ezra is a jedi in game, and him and kanan, like luke and yoda, were the only jedi left at the time, and what just because kanan said ezra is jedi and yoda said luke is not, we are to go off kanan's word? luke was more accomplished than ezra and didnt stare into a dark holocron and have little dark side rage fits and toy around with darth maul and stuff, his character was much more pure jedi than that. if ezra was in lukes situation and yoda was really serious that luke was not a jedi yet, then he would have said ezra was further from being a jedi.

And while yoda says he is not a jedi yet, he confronts vader like a day later so while that was his test, he passed his test (and that was no normal test, its not only a test of if youre a jedi, it was a test of if youre like the best jedi ever), so given he passed his test, it is clear that he was a jedi the day before he just wasnt faced with the test yet. The man that was built over his years and was told he was not a jedi yet by yoda, was still a jedi at that time, just a day prior to defeating the empire. He didnt wake up a jedi the next morning. Also not everyone has to confront vader to be a jedi, thats pretty unreasonable and poor marketing, yoda could just cut him some slack (this was the original films though) or I thought he was just giving him some motivation, beat vader with super light side love power and you will be a jedi, just making sure he does the right thing.

at the end of the day all the 'jedi' characters were part of the jedi/considered themselves part of general jediness/fight for jediness so they get the tag. sith trooper has a sith tag... not every sith trooper was one of two sith in the galaxy. the tag can just be your general alliance
  • Options
    Op you should be thrilled with his appearance since he isn't in hoth gear and has no jedi tag.
  • Options
    Op you should be thrilled with his appearance since he isn't in hoth gear and has no jedi tag.

His tags haven't been released.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Yes they have, look at his abilities break down, hes a rebel attacker
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Those aren't tags.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Those aren't tags.

They are. Its not a description. Its rebel coma attacker
  • Options

Like I said before the tag wasn't a concern I really had. Definitely thrilled with the skin/kit though!
  • Options
    I thought we closed all the "speculation" posts yesterday. Unless of course we are picking and choosing which posts get to stay based on individual/guild affiliation. Im sure we aren't though. I know how that turns out...
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡