[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Many players were like Farmboy Luke trying to figure out whom to farm for the Commander Luke event :D

giphy.gif

Hey! That's me!
  • Options
    I have to ask why we have this version of Luke? What did he do?
    It was CLS who had been almost eaten by Wampa, who had almost frozen to death and who had lost his hand in a duel with Vader. But in the game, he is one of most OP characters. I think the ROTJ/post-ROTJ (not TFA) version would be more appropriate.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    JJay wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    Khayman wrote: »
    I feel you, I chose to at least start old ben last month need about 160 shards to 7, its possible but i also need luke to 7 im 140 short on him. I maybe buying a pack if one gets put up at a reasonable price

You should get him in about 7 days if you do 3 refreshes a day (~20 shards a day). The 2800 crystal pack will have you covered if you're short.

I've gotten 44 Old Ben shards on 6 refreshes and natural cantina energy since they sent out the announcement that Old Ben was needed. 128 shards to go.

You got 44 shards from 700 energy ? I find that really hard to believe.

I got 30 today from about 400 (natural refresh, 3 X 100)

Well I must be super unlucky

• Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

is it gonna be double-drops ? pack ? a gift for us being so impatient in the forums ? also, when, and when the event start ? give us a meme that implies on that things if you cant tell XD
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    I have to ask why we have this version of Luke? What did he do?
    It was CLS who had been almost eaten by Wampa, who had almost frozen to death and who had lost his hand in a duel with Vader. But in the game, he is one of most OP characters. I think the ROTJ/post-ROTJ (not TFA) version would be more appropriate.

Yes because the game has always made sense when it comes to character abilities and their relation to source material........anyways, hes iconic. ESB is considered by a lot to be the best movie so it makes sense that an ESB Luke is good. Plus were still going to get ROTJ Luke.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This CLS release is AWESOME! And I'm saying that eventhough I'm nowhere near able to unlock him.

7* STH
    6* Farm Boy
    5* R2 (hoping to get him to 6 later today, and working hard to get 7* before the even ends although that may prove futile).
    2* Leia
    0* Old Ben (1/80)
    Gear sucks on all but STH :)

Reading through comments it seems he is the perfect reward for long time players who really have put in the effort. Kudos to EA and CG for that! And I like the fact that everybody has to put in similar levels of grind to eventually unlock him in the future (save the whales).

As a character I'm sure he is going to add a lot of new stuff to the game - and a lot of new ways to build teams to counter him.

I hope I'll be able to get him the second time he comes around, eventhough I'll probably not be able to do it before his third appearance...

Anyway ... back to grinding gear and levelling Empire toons, to hopefully get my R2 to 7* before the event ends.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Im F2P.
    I chose to skip Thrawn so I could focus on toons people were speculating Luke would require: farmer Luke, SThan, Leia and old Ben. Did manage to get the first 3 to 7 stars, and Old Ben to 6 stars.
    Guess my choice paid off. Yay

Same here. I've been gearing these guys for last few weeks. All in g9-11 range.

But how did you know?!?! Judging by the myriad of people complaining about it, it was just "sprung" on everyone at the last second!!!?!?! ZOMG!! Are you PSYCHIC?

[/sarcasm]

They have been hinting at it for weeks. I had R2, Leia, STH, & Luke 7* already. Ben is one I've had to work on. These characters just made sense when you think about Luke's journey.
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    Options
    yeah, I'll have to wait just like with Thrawn, R2D2... At least I think most people in my arena won't get him as well
  • Options
    This is incredibly frustrating. It's impossible for so many of us to even have a chance. Way to screw over what seems like the majority of your players.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    The devs did kinda **** guys with telling you to gear up Luke, and then announce there will be 4 other characters. This C. Luke seems he was brought here for players like me that's been here from the beginning, and already had Old Ben at 7* just sitting on the shelf

How is that screwing over players? Telling everyone Luke is needed means they should be 1 character closer. They also hinted that we would need his friends. If anyone wanted to be sure they were prepared they could have started farming these characters a month ago. They are all very easy to get.

• Options
    3 refreshes + daily energy = 8 shards
    At this rate i'm going to need 2 months to get OB and Luke to 7 stars. :/
  • Options
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the requirements for CLS. I was very upset when Phoenix was released, and only a few months later Thrawn was released and you needed a FULL 7* Phoenix squad to get to 7*.

This is NOT that bad people. These are all characters who have been out since release of the game, and some new players wont have them. I'm about 95% sure they'll release packs in which you can buy Old Ben. STH, Leia, both of them are in the squad arena shards.

There is no reason to be upset over this one. None. Quit crying and start farming.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Tijack wrote: »
    Im really unhappy with the whole "surprise! you need R2!".
    I feel less bad about this, in my opinion. R2 happeneda couple months ago so we all knew what we needed (if you're a newer plauer than that, you're probably too new to get Luke anyway) and have had time to farm up Empire teams to finish R2 off. So it coming early doesn't really feel that bad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Cridiron wrote: »
    This is incredibly frustrating. It's impossible for so many of us to even have a chance. Way to screw over what seems like the majority of your players.
    But did you die?
  • Options
    I think what I find frustrating is the entitlement of everyone who thinks the whole game should have CLS. We have all been spoiled with the marquee events and are now used to being able to easily get everyone in the game. Now all of the sudden the best toon in the game comes out and people are upset that there are requirements for him. I sympathize with everyone who doesn't meet them but at the same time I think we'd be upset if everyone had him. He's a reward for hard work not hardly working
  • Options
    Dear developers,

We've been waiting patiently and at times impatiently for a viable Luke Skywalker. As a gift to your community please let us know what gear he will require so we can farm appropriately.

Thank you,

Roolz
  • Options
    500+ Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array
    400+ Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs
    300+ Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector
    4 - Mk 5 A/KT Stun Guns

To get to gear 10. If we're lucky.
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    Options
    the only thing that really makes me 'sad' about this is the fact that in short term arena will be filled with luke+rebels only. I was kind enjoying the dark and light side variety of the arena these days
  • Options
    Rebels? You mean, CLS, Wiggs, Lando, Jyn?
    giphy.gif
    WOOOOOO!
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Whew! I just read 30 pages of vitriol.

I, for one, am ready with the starring of all involved. Gear? Not as much. Why though? Because when "A Hero's Journey" first hit some months ago, they gave us Luke. I thought, "hmmm. I should probably bring Luke up to 7 for the rest of the event." That, happily, went really quickly. I'd had him 2 away from unlock before their gift 100% because of GW rewards, bronzium, etc. No actual farming the farmer had been done.

Once that was done, I thought, "gee, they required jawas for the last one. I bet we'll need Luke's pals next." The only one I didn't have was Oldy Wan. So I focus farmed him from his 12 energy shard, and bought him from Shard Shop like twice. Took a little over 2 weeks, but he's done. Needs some gear and levels, but he's done.

I was 1st in my guild to get R2. Took 20-30 minutes after the event rolled out the 1st time because Empire is good basically everywhere, so why wouldn't anyone not have worked those toons?

StHan for p3 Chirpatine, Leia for "Princess Zody" or Wiggsdo p4 squads. If you don't have them? You've been slacking.

Newish players: You'll get him, just not yet. Same goes for the rest of the people you compete with, so don't worry about it. Now you know what to work on, so get to working on it.

Tl;Dr. The writing has been on the wall, and giant billboards in neon lights. If you don't have these toons in time, I've got NO sympathy. If you're new to the game, so is the rest of your arena. To paraphrase Ackbar "Your arena can't handle firepower of this magnitude!"
  • Options
    I didn't realize old Ben was a sticking point for people. he was my first 6* and I've had him unlocked since my first week playing thanks to the ally credits.

STHan will be my problem... all others are pretty much gtg. didn't expect the full team at 7 for the unlock...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    a411guy wrote: »
    I didn't realize old Ben was a sticking point for people. he was my first 6* and I've had him unlocked since my first week playing thanks to the ally credits.

STHan will be my problem... all others are pretty much gtg. didn't expect the full team at 7 for the unlock...
    There was a hot minute where Old Ben was great, but Count Dooku did the same thing (dodge on leadership) and had a little more offensive oomph to him, while Ben's AoE debuff was on a long cooldown. So while a lot of folks who were playing at that time went for Ben, a lot went for Dooku instead.

Then the meta shifted away from Old Ben and folks stopped farming him because he didn't really do anything outside of give you dodge. He isn't in any shipments, there's never been an event that gave him as rewards, he doesn't help in raids, there are better jedi for events, has no ship, and he doesn't even drop in bronzium packs. There are two Cantina nodes for him that folks get pretty early on so you get two shards just from advancing the board, and occasionally you'll get a shard of him from Galactic War node 12, but that's really about it... If you didn't farm him during that brief dodge meta, you had no incentive to do so on purpose after, and no means to do so reluctantly (ie: "Well, I already have all the other Arena characters, might as well buy SOMEONE with these tokens..." which is, I'm sure, the reason anyone has Greedo unlocked :P ).

As I said, I've been playing 18 months now and only had 14 shards until they announced he was needed for something.

EDIT: I'm more surprised that so many people don't have Han or Leia, to be honest. They're evergreen characters, definitely amongst the first to be farmed out of Arena, I thought.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

There was a hot minute where Old Ben was great, but Count Dooku did the same thing (dodge on leadership) and had a little more offensive oomph to him, while Ben's AoE debuff was on a long cooldown. So while a lot of folks who were playing at that time went for Ben, a lot went for Dooku instead.

Then the meta shifted away from Old Ben and folks stopped farming him because he didn't really do anything outside of give you dodge. He isn't in any shipments, there's never been an event that gave him as rewards, he doesn't help in raids, there are better jedi for events, has no ship, and he doesn't even drop in bronzium packs. There are two Cantina nodes for him that folks get pretty early on so you get two shards just from advancing the board, and occasionally you'll get a shard of him from Galactic War node 12, but that's really about it... If you didn't farm him during that brief dodge meta, you had no incentive to do so on purpose after, and no means to do so reluctantly (ie: "Well, I already have all the other Arena characters, might as well buy SOMEONE with these tokens..." which is, I'm sure, the reason anyone has Greedo unlocked :P ).

As I said, I've been playing 18 months now and only had 14 shards until they announced he was needed for something.

EDIT: I'm more surprised that so many people don't have Han or Leia, to be honest. They're evergreen characters, definitely amongst the first to be farmed out of Arena, I thought.

Exactly. As soon as Leia was announced I stocked arena tokens since she was arena viable. If you're a veteran player, you probably have STH already since he was essential for arena at one point in time (at least on ours). ODB I understand, but I read between the lines about Luke's friends and farmed him from 6 / 80. Now I'm 80 / 100. Luke I can somewhat understand, but after all the announcements, there should be no reason to not have him starred.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Exactly. As soon as Leia was announced I stocked arena tokens since she was arena viable. If you're a veteran player, you probably have STH already since he was essential for arena at one point in time (at least on ours). ODB I understand, but I read between the lines about Luke's friends and farmed him from 6 / 80. Now I'm 80 / 100. Luke I can somewhat understand, but after all the announcements, there should be no reason to not have him starred.

ALL of this 1000%. It's exactly where I am. Had STHan and Leia. Run R2 on my arena team so he's maxed too. Was behind on Old Ben, but started working on him when the storyline aspect of Luke started and am at 6* and need a couple more days, but he'll hit 7* no problem. Luke I was also behind on, but back on May 23rd when the Hero's Journey mentioned "gearing up Luke", I got on him and he's at 7*, G8 (have the gear to get him to G9 if needed) and leveled.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yep, that's exactly my situation. I have all required toons at 7*, but old ben i just unlocked.

Hope for a double drop to help us all reach 7*. :'(

• Options
    Thanks for announcing the requirements for the event and giving us a preview of this awesome new Luke character!

I'm excited for the event and hoping that it drops this month since a release date wasn't announced.

From reading the posts, you obviously can't make everyone happy. With over 120 characters now, I think it's pretty naive to think one can always be ready for the first event of a new character.
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cridiron wrote: »
    This is incredibly frustrating. It's impossible for so many of us to even have a chance. Way to screw over what seems like the minority of your players.

Fixed.
  • Options
    please, don't do this! don't make him so insanly powerful! why he should be great against everyone?! you have just reworked empire , added great empire charactters, like Thrawn! it's logic that Luke should be great against new empire...not agaist all the teams! this makes disbalance! i think he will be too overpowered, and next characters you gonna add to game must be greater, and so and so on, and what will the game become?! it's not a race! make Luke weaker! #NotMyLuke #GalaxyOfRebels
  • Options
    Finally less people could get him