[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Options
    Many players were like Farmboy Luke trying to figure out whom to farm for the Commander Luke event :D

giphy.gif
    The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe
    -Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nihilus and SA will reduce health on first turn making Luke's use the force super viable . But any AOE will have a full rebel counter attack. So Chaze and Wiggs might not be all that powerful if Luke is leading the other squad.
    Wait and see all the reworks.
  • Options
    But I didn't. I should have listen to the rumors, I should've believed the hype, I should've seen the writing on the wall...but I didn't. Now my destiny hangs in the balance and I do not know if I will be able to unlock Commander Luke.

I have played this game nearly daily since January of 2016 and during the time I have spent a little over $200 (call me a whale if you will but spaced out over the course 19 months it's not so crazy). Throughout this entire time I was perplexed that Luke was so puny and holding a rifle and not a lightsaber. And then it happened! They announced a new and improved Luke, the Luke we've all been waiting for is coming to fruition. But alas, I have not even unlocked Old Ben. I have every other required character at seven stars and gear 10+ (except farm boy Luke he's only gear 8...not worth it).

Back in my day we had the original dodge meta (no not Zaul) at which point Old Ben was relevant and did very well. However, I chose the sinister Count Dooku as my dodge leader and once the dodge meta passed there was no point to farm Old Ben. It would have been completely frivolous, he was washed up, old news! But now I'm stuck without one of the integral characters to accompany Luke on his journey.

So here I stand, a broken man. Am I a little salty? Obviously. Will I spend every last crystal I have on cantina energy refreshes frantically farming Old Ben? Of course I will. Will I buy the inevitable Old Ben booster pack if it comes to that? I probably will even though I've never bought one of these before (The money I've spent in the game has almost only been on the 21 day crystal packs). So there you have it CG/EA...you've broken my spirit and left me worried that my dream character is ever so slightly out of my reach. I realize now that you have truly made an amazing game to make me feel this way and for that I applaud you.

P.S. Wish me luck and for those of you in a similar position...happy farming!

TL;DR: Super loyal Jan. 2016 hasn't even touched Old Ben and is worried he won't be able to farm him to 7 stars in time for Commander Luke.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Good luck. I started in June of 2016 and have a 7* Old Ben that I didn't pay for. It's possible.
  • Options
    Am i the only one more annoyed by the fact that you need R2? Ben can be farmed fairly easily with refreshes, but good luck getting 5 7* empire toons if you didnt have them already in just 1 week. Im really unhappy with the whole "surprise! you need R2!".
  • Options
    If you don't get him this time, you'll get him next time.
  • Options
    tumblr_nnpq4prVx81u0keiao2_500.gif
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Good Luck, you're gonna need it. If Ben is all you need you should be ok. They'll do double drops at some point.

And a word to all that mocked the few of us telling you to farm old Ben, st Han, Leia, get your R2 . Don't mock others.

(Mic drop, walking out like a boss)
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    You know what needs to be done.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    I'm calling it, September will be full of nerf Luke/chaze threads!
    Exactly, but for a good reason.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Oooops, dp
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    You know what needs to be done.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

:p:p:p:p:D:D
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    ;)
  • Options
    I feel you, I chose to at least start old ben last month need about 160 shards to 7, its possible but i also need luke to 7 im 140 short on him. I maybe buying a pack if one gets put up at a reasonable price
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Many players were like Farmboy Luke trying to figure out whom to farm for the Commander Luke event :D

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PERFECT. Flawless Victory.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Exciting stuff, i sence the light side rising, thank you CG team!!!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Good luck! And ignore all the gloating told-you-so posts when so much of what's stated on this forum is speculation from cryptic dev posts.

Edit: Replied to DrLovesToThrust above, as Mega-merge obfuscated this post.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    I feel you, I chose to at least start old ben last month need about 160 shards to 7, its possible but i also need luke to 7 im 140 short on him. I maybe buying a pack if one gets put up at a reasonable price

You should get him in about 7 days if you do 3 refreshes a day (~20 shards a day). The 2800 crystal pack will have you covered if you're short.

I've gotten 44 Old Ben shards on 6 refreshes and natural cantina energy since they sent out the announcement that Old Ben was needed. 128 shards to go.
  • Options
    Another reason why I'm not going to jump through a ton of hoops for that. Another reason why I stopped putting money into this game about a year ago.
  • Options
    I wonder how many of us don't have unlocked old ben!
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Tijack wrote: »
    Am i the only one more annoyed by the fact that you need R2? Ben can be farmed fairly easily with refreshes, but good luck getting 5 7* empire toons if you didnt have them already in just 1 week. Im really unhappy with the whole "surprise! you need R2!".

That's one. I can get old Ben up to 7 and if I'm lucky leia. But I have a snowballs chance with R2 unless they have double drops and guarantee drops at the same time and I get extremely lucky. :#
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Options
    Will this be a recurring event like yoda because I don't have most of the characters required and the ones I do have are nowhere near 7 stars plus I'm poor so I can't buy my way in overall I'm screwed put of the event for now
  • Options
    Please consider double drops for the required toons that are farmable from battle and cantina nodes. I, for instance have all the other toons required at 7*, except for Old Ben (I'm going to start calling him Uncle Ben), who at this point for me isn't even unlocked yet. Would be nice to have a boost in trying to catch up.
  • Options
    Why did my post end up here? It makes no sense without the title...super weak move.
  • Options
    for sth
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    But I didn't. I should have listen to the rumors, I should've believed the hype, I should've seen the writing on the wall...but I didn't. Now my destiny hangs in the balance and I do not know if I will be able to unlock Commander Luke.

I have played this game nearly daily since January of 2016 and during the time I have spent a little over $200 (call me a whale if you will but spaced out over the course 19 months it's not so crazy). Throughout this entire time I was perplexed that Luke was so puny and holding a rifle and not a lightsaber. And then it happened! They announced a new and improved Luke, the Luke we've all been waiting for is coming to fruition. But alas, I have not even unlocked Old Ben. I have every other required character at seven stars and gear 10+ (except farm boy Luke he's only gear 8...not worth it).

Back in my day we had the original dodge meta (no not Zaul) at which point Old Ben was relevant and did very well. However, I chose the sinister Count Dooku as my dodge leader and once the dodge meta passed there was no point to farm Old Ben. It would have been completely frivolous, he was washed up, old news! But now I'm stuck without one of the integral characters to accompany Luke on his journey.

So here I stand, a broken man. Am I a little salty? Obviously. Will I spend every last crystal I have on cantina energy refreshes frantically farming Old Ben? Of course I will. Will I buy the inevitable Old Ben booster pack if it comes to that? I probably will even though I've never bought one of these before (The money I've spent in the game has almost only been on the 21 day crystal packs). So there you have it CG/EA...you've broken my spirit and left me worried that my dream character is ever so slightly out of my reach. I realize now that you have truly made an amazing game to make me feel this way and for that I applaud you.

P.S. Wish me luck and for those of you in a similar position...happy farming!

TL;DR: Super loyal Jan. 2016 hasn't even touched Old Ben and is worried he won't be able to farm him to 7 stars in time for Commander Luke.

That $200 doesn't even make you a guppy. :)

I'm with you. I already decided months ago that I'd spend up to $300 to get Luke to 7* whenever he came out. I wasn't there with Thrawn, though I loved him in the books and the tv show. But Luke... C'mon, why are we playing this game if not for Luke?!?!
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options

You should get him in about 7 days if you do 3 refreshes a day (~20 shards a day). The 2800 crystal pack will have you covered if you're short.

I've gotten 44 Old Ben shards on 6 refreshes and natural cantina energy since they sent out the announcement that Old Ben was needed. 128 shards to go.

You got 44 shards from 700 energy ? I find that really hard to believe.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    JJay wrote: »

You got 44 shards from 700 energy ? I find that really hard to believe.

I got 30 today from about 400 (natural refresh, 3 X 100)
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    [redacted]

• Options
    I feel like this applies

giphy.gif