Commander Luke Skywalker: Chewy says Hi?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    With any luck maybe chewy will be an event unit.

I can dream
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    The original point of this post was not to get bogged down in where the game is at in relation to the movies nor is it intended to prompt the Devs into defending their perspective of where chewy is at now or their future plans.

Huh? Then why after typing this did you lay out a reason the game rules should be changed because of the movie rules? You're doing the very thing you said wasn't the point here.

Look, if you're going to suggest something like this you have to defend it. I gave reasons why Clone Wars Chewbacca doesn't work and why Chewbacca in general doesn't replace Han, Leia, R2 or Old Ben. Devs have said this would not be like past events, so picking 5 characters from a lot of 6 or 7 or however many isn't part of this structure, either. It's an unprecedented event for an unprecedented character. That's three reasons backed up with specificity. All I'm getting from the pro-Chewbacca crowd is: make it easier for me.

Either play by the game's parameters or don't.
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have all the ANH at 7* and have done for months. Also have chewy @ 7*. Mind you I have 96x 7* so there aren't many Pokemon left to catch.

I'm really not fussed either way personally but not having Chewy as part of the crew seems a bit of a miss.

In terms of farming chewy and OB are about the same but chewy starts with a few more shards for new players. Old Ben will be much more useful in the battle itself both pre and post rework.

The game and the movie are of course different but very closely related and the game would be nothing without the movie. it's also a missed opportunity in terms of ingame narrative and user immersion and overall marketability to not have Chewy available and included.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Options
    I guess it would appease some if the event read "choose from this pool of characters", but that wouldn't make the event exclusive enough.

R2, old ben, leia, sthan and farmboy luke are who they elected to be necessary for this event, hoping for anything else is just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    With any luck maybe chewy will be an event unit.

I can dream

1+ I hope they might do this to make it exact to the movie
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to appropriate sub-forum: Feedback: Events
  • Options
    The characters used are spot on. Actually pretty perfect to go from farm boy to commander. Lando, Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Commander Luke and another may be involved in his next progression. Farm them to stop all this moaning, people need to be fed everything in this game unless they cry. Getting pretty boring that people feel they need to be told everything, wrecking the forum