For those of you that want the new Luke but don't have Old Ben!

Replies

• Options
    DeMirek wrote: »
    everybody are so excited about stars, but what are the gear requirements ?

This.

I'll have OGB and FBL done for sure, 58/85 for Ben and 53/100 for Luke, but gear could be the issue.

My STH and Ben are only g9, and Luke is g8. However, my Leia is g11, and R2 is g11 double zeta. I hope the latter 2 can carry my through whatever this event brings.

You have to figure that with him unlocking at 7 stars, this event will be hella tough
  • Options
    The math works out to around 20 days. Add another 5 for bad RNG. I'm lucky to finish top 5 in arena usually, so doing 3 cantina refreshes is possible. Those outside the top 50 or so, it's gonna be rough. I've even bought 4 shards from shard shop.
  • Options
    When the farm boy Luke event came around the first time I suspected we would need toons that helped him along the new hope journey. So I farmed Luke and OldBen cause I already had Han, Leia and R2. I even farmed Chewy just in case. Glad I did. Just gotta add a few levels of gear and I should be ok.

I know it's hard but farm everything...that's my motto. Farm now!!! Gear later!!!
  • Options
    Dont worry there will likely be a double drop for FBL and OB so be prepared to throw crystals at it.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I can't remember how, because I never farmed him, but he was already unlocked, also had an extra 44 shards, they must of been dropping from galactic war without me noticing.

So I managed to 5* him today, I'm hoping I'll have him done in time without having to spend anything, any of you have an idea how long we have ?

Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    With farmboy Luke being toon of the month, I would find it hard to believe his event starts any sooner than the 31st. Pure speculation on my part tho. No facts/hearsay to back it up.
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I have 5* r2d2 Rip in advance ;D
  • Options
    149/330 for old ben.

• JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    With farmboy Luke being toon of the month, I would find it hard to believe his event starts any sooner than the 31st. Pure speculation on my part tho. No facts/hearsay to back it up.

That's a good point, I hope you're right.
  • Devian
    676 posts Member
    Options
    with my luck I need doubledrop for Ben :'(
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I had 14/80 when they announced him as a requirement, got 18 shards on 22 sims within that 24 hour period. This morning, got 4 =P Everything averages out in the end!

I'm going for it, but I can only afford one refresh a day. If I hit 7, great, if not I'll be annoyed but get over it. Hopefully there's a double drop day or they put him in the shard shop or something.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Devian
    676 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Hopefully there's a double drop day or they put him in the shard shop or something.
    Putting him at the shard shop would be nice as well. Mb even better coz I'd have more then 2 shards for every 120 cantina energy with doubledrops)))

• Zagrey
    54 posts Member
    Options
    He actually can be found in shard shop - managed to buy 2 shards yesterday and 2 shards today
  • Options
    As much as I have a lot of enthusiasm in the game, it's not just Old Ben I'm worried about to get to 7*.

•Luke Skywalker = 145/330
    •Old Ben = 22/330
    •Princess Leia = 21/330
    •Stormtrooper Han = 234/330
    •R2D2 = 145/330 (which requires any 5 Empire to be 7* as well, I got 3 that are 6*,with only 1 close to 7*)

So yeah...
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    BigFish58 wrote: »
    I have 16 old ben shards. Ya 16. But I'm getting the Luke! Ya know why cuz I'm gonna grind, grind,grind! This is a challenge! And you all can do it! Start now. Quit crying! Asking for handouts and help smdh! This toon is epic. Thank the devs for the opportunity to get this guy! And do it! Mtfbwy!

Lame.
    I had 0 when I started farming.
    I calculated I could get him in 22 days
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    Options
    What about the gear ? What level is needed ? Or just to have them all unlocked ?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed OP. At 3 refreshes, you can get 20 shards a day. Meaning, you only need 17 days to go from 0~330. And that's without the promised assistance. So if you started from the announcement, you'd be done in less than 2 weeks.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    As much as I have a lot of enthusiasm in the game, it's not just Old Ben I'm worried about to get to 7*.

•Old Ben = 22/330
    •Princess Leia = 21/330
    •R2D2 = 145/330 (which requires any 5 Empire to be 7* as well, I got 3 that are 6*,with only 1 close to 7*)

So yeah...

Next time for you! Or next next time depending on what you end up doing
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Zagrey wrote: »
    He actually can be found in shard shop - managed to buy 2 shards yesterday and 2 shards today
    I meant put him in as a 10/20/30 purchase for 1000/2000/3000 currency. Or whatever the cost conversion is, I don't know things =P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

•Old Ben = 22/330
    •Princess Leia = 21/330

So yeah...

Yep. A large portion of Luke's shards were from that awesome boost from the last hoopla that introduced his Jawa Flash Event. He was part of my Arena team when I first started. Obviously he was one of the first ones dropped.

Loads and loads of suggestions early on to get StHan, so I did. No one suggested Old Ben or Leia till the last 1.5 months.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Hahaha, I had 8 shards now up to 32! 2F is getting hammered! Some double drops would be lovely devs.... pretty please, blink... blink blink... blink
  • Options
    I had him up to 5* thinking id be okay with just an unlock assuming it worked that way. Went back to grinding chirpa now im behind when i could have been almost to 7*.
    Oh well i should be okay. Just hope that thrawn event doesn't return or ill be fd
  • Options
    Moved to Strategy.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

•Old Ben = 22/330
    •Princess Leia = 21/330

So yeah...

Yep. A large portion of Luke's shards were from that awesome boost from the last hoopla that introduced his Jawa Flash Event. He was part of my Arena team when I first started. Obviously he was one of the first ones dropped.

Loads and loads of suggestions early on to get StHan, so I did. No one suggested Old Ben or Leia till the last 1.5 months.

I didn't have much for Luke at all, but once they made a big deal of him with flash events AND a bunch of free shards, I took the hint.

I got lucky with STHan. I just happened to finish him a few weeks ago, a sideline P3 HAAT toon since I had no other toons I wanted to buy from Arena.

Leia, farmed her when I first started thinking about HAAT. Rebel squad, P2/4.

R2, well, I wanted R2 for ships, just got him to 7*.

OB, dragged my feet on him until their announcement. But dang he looks good now.
  • Options
    i was at 2/80 now i am at 37/80 the problem for me is i gotta do old ben and farmboy luke
  • SadSpartans
    208 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    At 42/80 the shards aren't falling :'(
    Would be real nice if they had double drops or add them to shard shop during the week of the event.
  • Options
    I'm all set...

•Luke Skywalker = 330/330, GXI
    •Old Ben = 330/330, GXI
    •Princess Leia = 330/330, GXI
    •Stormtrooper Han = 330/330, GXI
    •R2D2 = 330/330, GXI

Good luck all!
  • Torin_Woodle
    464 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My old Ben (been calling him old Fart lately) is at 44/80. When the notice first came around, I started to farm him ASAP because then he was only 12/80. What I'm really worried about is my STHan (he's at 29/30:-() because I am only in the top 100 in my shard. The others I'm good with (Luke Skywalker (gear IX), Leia (gear X) and R2 (gear VI) are all at 7*). If push comes to shove, I'll get one Old Ben pack(if any). I know others have better and worse than me and that's ok. Good luck to everyone on the same boat as me and Cudos to everyone who meets these difficult requirements.
    Post edited by Torin_Woodle on
  • Options
    This is one of the best posts on this forum, just a bunch of people manning/womaning up. Not crying or complaining; I'm pulling for all of you!