Stop freaking out about CLS

Prev134
Neo2551
1824 posts Member
As a long time small dolphin, I will advise you to focus on one thing only: mods. This is the dimension of the game, where time is a real advantage: The dimension space for the variability is so high and the region of useful mods is so small that you would need a substantial amount of crystal to overcome the time disadvantage.

More precisely: the hardest dimension to optimize your mods is the intersection of mod primary and secondaries stats: you usually want a combination of speed, offense (flat) and Crit chance with base quality being A or B (if possible increase in speed). (Obviously there are many exception, speed is a bit oversold and countered by many mechanics on offense, but on defense, it is generally better to be faster).

CLS will not change this fact, and even if the kraken of your arena leaderboard get him, your team will not fall from being good to bad, just because of the lack of CLS.

Yes, CLS is really good (Speed down, stun, TM removal, dispel, buff immunity, insane damage). But I can already see many counters (Zarris, R2, Kylo) and honestly players are more annoyed by team that cripples their for 2/3 turns as AI can possible do a smart move during this time.

It is true that you need a good core team for mod farming. This varies with the state of your shard, but for intermediate/advanced players this is mostly R2 GK DN Thrawn/Sith/Chaze/Wiggs/Jedi. However, if you can stress about CLS, you are mostly in this position.

Replies

• Options
    I agree with you, @Neo2551, having very good mods is more important than having CLS (as long as one has the toons that can counter him). :)
    However, it's not all about being competitive, there's also the element of fun he will bring : playing with a new toon, creating/using different teams etc etc... ;)
  • Options
    Mods are fine but so many required toons are locked in cantina (Finn for your resistance, Kylo for your FO, Death trooper to kill this **** rebels or Sith assassin to make Siths great again...).

I guess it's easier once you got all of this key characters. For my part i always keep some energy to farm some mods but finding good ones is so rare.
  • Options
    I would advise people to just do whatever they want. The only competition in this game is imaginary.
  • Options
    Commanders Luke (especially in conjunction with the reworked Old Ben) has the potential to unseat Rex leads.

I really hope it does.

If I ran Rex I might freak out too.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead is only good when you have poor mods.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Huh?

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Rex is indeed good for people with slow mods. He's also good for people with God mods.

My Empire squad can beat them, but lots of people on my arena shard struggle with the "new" Rex team.
  • Options
    I understand what OP is saying, but I disagree. Bringing a different toolkit to Arena can make a massive difference. I recently took out my 7* g11 Boba for a 3* g9 DN, and I was finding some matches much easier.

Better mods probably won't do much against an overpowered CLS with a full rebel team synergy.

• Options

Huh?

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Rex is indeed good for people with slow mods. He's also good for people with God mods.

My Empire squad can beat them, but lots of people on my arena shard struggle with the "new" Rex team.

There are three teams that counteract having limited mods:
    Zaul
    Rex
    HK-47.

But no team is only good with poor mods, that's just a thinking error right there.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    It's not using him its collecting him,
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    OP is right from a long term perspective. I would say you probably want to farm at least 1 refresh in the mod challenges each day if not 2 (or more depending on what characters you want from cantina).

The 100% drop rate really makes it much better. You will get those speed arrows that are pretty much required on 95% of your toons. 8, 9, 10 speed secondaries are not that rare either. While these aren't too useful in arena late game they are better than nothing AND useful on your b squad toons for raids/gw/events etc.

That said... CLS could be a big game changer, if it takes 2 weeks to farm toons/gear to get him isn't that big of an opportunity cost. Worst case scenario you have a good RAID leader most likely.
  • Antisora
    105 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Until they release stronger mods. Then you'll do it all over again.

I get that mods are important but for me at least unlocking characters is more fun.
  • Options
    Antisora wrote: »
    Until they release stronger mods. Then you'll do it all over again.

I get that mods are important but for me at least unlocking characters is more fun.

not to mention unlocking characters means you unlock content.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm a big fan of mods which is why my best set is plus 114+10%base. But CL has me quaking in my pants. CL will be super meta and any squad without him will need r-2 stealth or else any AOE is just death.
  • Options
    You're right that mods are generally more important than characters, but I challenge you to put amazing mods on a poor team and then see how they do against a poorly modded triple cleanse setup.

Luke's leader ability is what really scares me. 50% counter chance to a faction that has some of the best basic attacks in the game is a little absurd
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    So to repeat my point, you need a good core team first. Kylo, Barris, DN, GK, these are all accessible to some extent and if you really fight for top arena rank you probably have them.

If you fight in top 20/50, having better mods will just give you an edge...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

So instead of focussing on CLS or on mods, people should just focus on rex?

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

A Rex team will bad mods will still struggle, especially against a CLS team...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

A Rex team will bad mods will still struggle, especially against a CLS team...

so we should freak out if we can't get CLS?
    man, this is getting too confusing for me xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Wow! What an annoying and arrogant post. A lot of us having been dying for Luke to be well represented since we starting playing on day one! To miss out on him for say ..... 6 months is a tremendous blow.... Not just assuming he'll be OP, but largely because of die hard, childhood hero Fandom.
  • Options

I'm using team with rex lead, with high speed mods.. my rex around 260 i think. Because i like to make people angry :lol:
  • Options
    Mods have never been less important than they are now. The complexity of abilities combined with offense advantage have made it where teams with far inferior mods can beat teams with far superior mods. I recommend everyone getting CLS.
    Empire Relic
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    Wow! What an annoying and arrogant post. A lot of us having been dying for Luke to be well represented since we starting playing on day one! To miss out on him for say ..... 6 months is a tremendous blow.... Not just assuming he'll be OP, but largely because of die hard, childhood hero Fandom.

Actually I would prefer ROTJ Luke than this version. From Empire strike back is still greenhorn but in ROFTJ is real Jedi.
    There is possibility that CLS is needed for ROFTJ or Old Luke. Hope event again appear.

What Neo2551 said is true state of game. Speed and TM manipulation is key of winning at least on offense.
    I was in 100- 200 in my shard. Putting fast Sith Assassin in Sith team managed to break below 100. My SAs is only G8. No zeta on Siths. Only Zylo I have.

Post edited by stavrik on
  • Options
    I started in December and I love this game and I want CLS but I will have to wait until the next time and that's ok but in the meantime just yesterday and today I have gotten 30 more shards towards the sixth star on old Ben after Monday I will switch from six starting my kanan and work soley on getting Leia to seven and Sam with st han and while I farm old Ben I get to buy magma which will be another 7 star empire toon and next time thrawn comes back he will be seven stars and so will r2 so while I don't get CLS this time I do get several more 7 star toons which will ultimately put me farther ahead than one powerful toon will
  • Options
    Maybe it’s a joke ?
  • Options
    Mods have never been less important than they are now. The complexity of abilities combined with offense advantage have made it where teams with far inferior mods can beat teams with far superior mods. I recommend everyone getting CLS.

This.
    Do or do not...
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Luke or bust.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'll take a pass on Luke too, almost the entire forum disliked Thrawn's requirements when they were announced but they are more reasonable than Commander Luke's
    edit: I would still get Luke over mods but not this time since I'm just lacking so many shards
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Commander Luke got me feeling like
    giphy.gif
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I'll take a pass on Luke too, almost the entire forum disliked Thrawn's requirements when they were announced but they are more reasonable than Commander Luke's
    edit: I would still get Luke over mods but not this time since I'm just lacking so many shards

Phoenix squad become farmable right when Thrawn was released with packs the only previous option. How is that more reasonable than characters who have been in the game for ages? R2 is the only one that's pretty harsh due to his limited availability.

Also, Luke's Hero's Journey was announced months ago. How can SW fans not know that it's highly likely to include Old Ben, Han, Leia etc? I didn't see the requirements as a surprise at all other than R2 which as I said already was pretty harsh.

This discussion has been closed.