Stop freaking out about CLS

Replies

• Options

That's exactly the point. If you can't get Raid Han or GK, you aren't far enough in the game to get CL. New/weak players shouldn't have access to end game characters.

I completely disagree with the above quote because I've got all of the toons required for CLS, but my guild are no where near a HAAT raid yet. We're all working towards unlocking raid Han at present but no one has him.

Just because you don't have GK or Han Solo doesn't necessarily mean you can't be ready for/ deserve to unlock CLS.
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • Options
    Crooklad wrote: »

That's exactly the point. If you can't get Raid Han or GK, you aren't far enough in the game to get CL. New/weak players shouldn't have access to end game characters.

I completely disagree with the above quote because I've got all of the toons required for CLS, but my guild are no where near a HAAT raid yet. We're all working towards unlocking raid Han at present but no one has him.

Just because you don't have GK or Han Solo doesn't necessarily mean you can't be ready for/ deserve to unlock CLS.

It's called a baseline. Generally people are gearing up/prepared for those raids when they are acquiring toons like this. I consider myself a long time player and I'm ready but we haven't beaten haat yet either. Honestly if you aren't level 85 yet you've got other stuff to do in the meantime. We don't.
  • Crooklad
    57 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

It's called a baseline. Generally people are gearing up/prepared for those raids when they are acquiring toons like this. I consider myself a long time player and I'm ready but we haven't beaten haat yet either. Honestly if you aren't level 85 yet you've got other stuff to do in the meantime. We don't.

Yeah I agree, if your not level 85 that should be your first priority. Just wish they'd give us the date for the event/ a clue at what gear level we need now.
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • Options

You're the exception, not the rule. What I stated is more common then your experience.

Also the * level is just one part, you will also need to gear these characters. We'll see how easily he's unlocked in the coming weeks.
  • Options

You're the exception, not the rule. What I stated is more common then your experience.

Also the * level is just one part, you will also need to gear these characters. We'll see how easily he's unlocked in the coming weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if my gear 8s don't get it done but I've got 1 furnace ready and working on another
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    It's said there going to sell packs before event
  • Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    It's said there going to sell packs before event

Not for r2 though. No way in the world they sell him in a pack
  • Options
    New people have every right to complain when the game markets the event to them even though it's not intended for them. I am empathetic towards the newer people because I remember when I was new.
  • Options
    New people have every right to complain when the game markets the event to them even though it's not intended for them. I am empathetic towards the newer people because I remember when I was new.

Because they don't have enough to do already? It took me 2 or 3 times to get Yoda and ep, 2 times to get r2 maxed, and only have 5 star thrawn. If games don't bring out new stuff for the players who have nothing but a grind they don't care about left then they'll lose those players. Pretty simple. Build a rancor solo team, work on a tank phase solo team, work a faction up for your next legendary event, work scoundrels for hiests. Plenty of stuff for them to do. I've gone days without even logging in before they announced luke. Who's to say I would've come back at all without him?
  • Options

Because they don't have enough to do already? It took me 2 or 3 times to get Yoda and ep, 2 times to get r2 maxed, and only have 5 star thrawn. If games don't bring out new stuff for the players who have nothing but a grind they don't care about left then they'll lose those players. Pretty simple. Build a rancor solo team, work on a tank phase solo team, work a faction up for your next legendary event, work scoundrels for hiests. Plenty of stuff for them to do. I've gone days without even logging in before they announced luke. Who's to say I would've come back at all without him?

I'm not saying give the new players an edge to get them. I'm just saying I understand their pain. I have never been able to unlock a character on first launch yet. I would've been able to on this one had I found St. Han a priority. I don't mind waiting though. New players have yet to learn that it doesn't really matter. Even if CL breaks the new meta, they will launch someone to counter him in a month or two anyway before CL comes back.
  • Options

I'm not saying give the new players an edge to get them. I'm just saying I understand their pain. I have never been able to unlock a character on first launch yet. I would've been able to on this one had I found St. Han a priority. I don't mind waiting though. New players have yet to learn that it doesn't really matter. Even if CL breaks the new meta, they will launch someone to counter him in a month or two anyway before CL comes back.

Or I take that back. I have never been able to unlock a 7* character at launch.
  • Options

People should've seen this coming months ago. They told us there was going to be a journey with luke. Every player if they want luke should be farming toons related to him. This is more heads up than they've ever given. New players just need to realize they can't expect to get what we get at the same time. We've invested more time in the game.
  • Options

People should've seen this coming months ago. They told us there was going to be a journey with luke. Every player if they want luke should be farming toons related to him. This is more heads up than they've ever given. New players just need to realize they can't expect to get what we get at the same time. We've invested more time in the game.

Right but who knew it was going to be so limited. I would be ready if Biggs was an option but he is not. Biggs was Luke's best friend. So people could have assumed they would be alright with him. It's time I farm St. Han anyway. I started working on Luke as soon as that update went out but didn't think they would make it limited to the ones they limited it to. More ANH chars would suffice.Oh well. It's the nature of the game.
  • Options
    There was also speculation of doing something with the death star as final tier. It would be ignorant not to expect Biggs and Wedge to be a requirement for that.
  • Options
    There was also speculation of doing something with the death star as final tier. It would be ignorant not to expect Biggs and Wedge to be a requirement for that.

Actually, this is what the devs said:

This is the first event of a new series where you’ll retrace the steps of the iconic hero LUKE SKYWALKER from his humble beginnings on Tatooine through his daring escape from the Galactic Empire’s ultimate weapon.

His daring escape from the Death Star was before he met up with Biggs and Wedge on Yavin. So, at that point, he had met up with: c3p0, r2, Leia, han, obi wan, and Chewie. As 2 of these aren't available in game, was pretty obvious to me who we would need.
  • Options
    Agreed. Its been discussed and the general consensus was those would be the toons needed. Luckily i started farming sth when i did
  • Options
    Well, slap my butt and call me sweet cheeks.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    At least In my guild, the one char that few have is old Ben. Most have everyone else. What I want to know is why no Yoda but R2? Weird. They should have made more chars eligible for the event. The 7 star is fine. Limiting the chars just limits the player base for the event which then makes that many more people upset. I know at least 3 people in my guild used this as their excuse to quit. And they were good teams.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    At least In my guild, the one char that few have is old Ben. Most have everyone else. What I want to know is why no Yoda but R2? Weird. They should have made more chars eligible for the event. The 7 star is fine. Limiting the chars just limits the player base for the event which then makes that many more people upset. I know at least 3 people in my guild used this as their excuse to quit. And they were good teams.

Luke hasn't even met Yoda at this point. Your guildmates seem to have an entitlement problem if that's the case. Not everything is designed for all players to get nor should it be.
  • Options
    ^ i suppose it is supposed to follow the journey. Luke meets R2 on Tattoine (spelling?) but doesnt meet Yoda until ESB.
  • Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    ^ i suppose it is supposed to follow the journey. Luke meets R2 on Tattoine (spelling?) but doesnt meet Yoda until ESB.

And this is hoth version of luke as well. Not dagobah
  • Options
    But wedge and Biggs are not eligible either? The point is they should have made more chars eligible. I do not blame peoples for quitting. These last few events (thrawn, ewok, and now Luke) are making people mad and frustrated
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    But wedge and Biggs are not eligible either? The point is they should have made more chars eligible. I do not blame peoples for quitting. These last few events (thrawn, ewok, and now Luke) are making people mad and frustrated
    Again, Wedge and Biggs are after the escape from the Death Star. And a Biggs/Wedge assisted encounter would almost have to be a ship battle, not a character battle. I'm guessing that eventually we'll be able to recreate the trench run from ANH once we have Red 5 and ANH Millennium Falcon.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options

No wiggs isn't eligible. As to your point, I disagree. This is a very popular, very powerful toon. He should be difficult to attain and should be a milestone achievement. If he were weaker, sure, let everyone have him. But then there would be a huge uproar, with tons of people quitting, because he is Luke Skywalker. The hero of the OT, not just some guy in a single scene with no speaking part (looking at you ESB bounty hunters, exception being Boba Fett). He should be powerful and fun. I'm sorry some of your guild quit over this, but that is the way of things. Sounds to me that they were just looking for an excuse at this point. The event will return, they always do.
  • Options

The problem is, as a new player, is even if you saw it coming months ago, several of the toons required for the event were garbage prior to the reworks. If you started off the game three months ago saying "I'm going to focus on my ANH squad" you would have had a garbage squad in the arena, you wouldn't have had any decent pilots leveled and geared up when ships unlocked, you would have been useless in raids, wouldn't be able to finish level appropriate credit heists, and wouldn't even have a good GW squad...and now because you haven't started off the game by hamstringing yourself right from the beginning, the devs will hamstring you by not letting you get a godly character that will obviously be important for TB.

Meanwhile...most of the toons required, other than Luke, were awesome toons at some point in the game, so if you have been around a while at least you go to farm them when they were good, but as it stands now its just **** to tell a newer player you had the option to farm ANH squad when they started dropping hints, because the game would have been so un-fun and frustrating they'd probably have already quit.

I don't mind all that much not getting him the first time around, I'm on a pretty new shard and the only ones who will be getting him are a handful of whales, but there are two things that bug me about this event. One was the expectation we had farmed characters that were junk for longer than I've been playing. Had they done reworks when they started dropping hints so new players were actually farming something useful, I wouldn't have minded. The other is that the event is just more rebels...I'm so sick of rebels. My arena shard is filled with rebel squads as is, and 3/5 toons you need other characters to unlock are now unlocked by characters with rebel tags, and 1 of the remaining 5 has a rebel tag when you get him unlocked. I think I'd have been more excited to have had a Jango locked behind clones and/or bounty hunters, or a Jedi luke with the black suit and green lightsaber hidden locked behind Sith, or pretty much anything but a top tier rebel hidden behind rebels at this point. I'd really like to work on my Jedi squad more, and I liked Clone troopers in the movies so I'd love to work on a clone squad...but...the devs just keep smacking me upside the head and screaming REBELS in my ear.
  • Options

Not quite sure how people could have predicted it was those exact 5 rather than Biggs, Wedge, raid Han, Jawas, tuskens...

It all looks so obvious in hindsight.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Uklem wrote: »
    EricsonX wrote: »
    If it had been a "unlock at 5 stars" issue, I'd be fine. Hell, I could probably do 6 stars. But since I dunno when I'd ever get my Empire guys jacked out enough to get a 7 Star R2, I'm not going to stress it. I know I'm not getting Raid Han or General Kenobi. Sometimes, if you make things too much a of a pain in the butt to get-people just decide forget it.

You know that Han or GK are possible without OB or R2?
    The fact there are End Game character in this game is the problem! Everyone is so accepting of OP character that now they think they are entitled one! Jedi in SWG should have taught everyone that Alpha Class/character/Ability are not a good thing.

You're not following my point very well... If you're having trouble obtaining raid characters (characters released long ago), you shouldn't expect to get recently released characters. I didn't think I had to specifically state there are different requirements to obtain each as it's common knowledge...

You also sound like a "have not" and therefore other people shouldn't get what I can't.

Since the mechanics used have nothing in common I still say that linking your ability to get one character to another is irrelevant. It is possible to be a long time player and not be able to get CLS in the same way that CLS is possible without ever finishing an Hraid (if the event had started in september and not august it would be my case).
    You having to "master" the older content while you waited for the new one shouldn't mean that every player and especially the new ones should have to do the same thing.

When Blizzard published Burning Crusade they didn't force player to finish the previous raid or be pvp ranked to play (just play not finish) the new one. This game didn't do it either, so why the old player here think it is something that should be implemented I don't know.
    They make me think of my grampa who always said that our life was far too easier with all this modern technology and that we should live him in the past to learn some hardship.

And about your "have not" remark, since the beginning what frustated me was not having the possibility to enjoy at least the beginning of the event for gaining some shard and maybe a 3* or 5* CLS. I don't care if you or anyone else have a character or not.
    You are so focused on CLS being an "elite only" character that giving a subpar version to those who at least worked enough for it (7* Luke, 7* StH, 5* OB and 6* R2 for me. Apart from R2 I didn't need the rest so I farmed for nothing) seems to be an insult for you.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Rex lead is only good when you have poor mods.

Yeah Rex has been terrible. Being top 5 for the last thirteen plus months, guaranteed first during the droids era, has been hell. He was miserable when he killed Zaul with Fozt. Hated it. Worst ever.

https://youtu.be/vW1NwpakFyc

Also, let's mention Jedi who just auto Rex, or Zader, or DN?

Yes it sucks autoing them with Rex DN Thrawn Fozt and GK. It's the suck.

Wait, you mean you missed the other 16 pre R2 months that team was an also ran but Rex was STILL a top 5 lead? I'm confused, it's seems like your trying to badly apply less then the fifth of the sample to a crappy argument and thinking it actually works.

Sorry to don't like Rex but until the Meta changes you're STILL wrong.
  • Options

The problem is, as a new player, is even if you saw it coming months ago, several of the toons required for the event were garbage prior to the reworks. If you started off the game three months ago saying "I'm going to focus on my ANH squad" you would have had a garbage squad in the arena, you wouldn't have had any decent pilots leveled and geared up when ships unlocked, you would have been useless in raids, wouldn't be able to finish level appropriate credit heists, and wouldn't even have a good GW squad...and now because you haven't started off the game by hamstringing yourself right from the beginning, the devs will hamstring you by not letting you get a godly character that will obviously be important for TB.

Meanwhile...most of the toons required, other than Luke, were awesome toons at some point in the game, so if you have been around a while at least you go to farm them when they were good, but as it stands now its just **** to tell a newer player you had the option to farm ANH squad when they started dropping hints, because the game would have been so un-fun and frustrating they'd probably have already quit.

I don't mind all that much not getting him the first time around, I'm on a pretty new shard and the only ones who will be getting him are a handful of whales, but there are two things that bug me about this event. One was the expectation we had farmed characters that were junk for longer than I've been playing. Had they done reworks when they started dropping hints so new players were actually farming something useful, I wouldn't have minded. The other is that the event is just more rebels...I'm so sick of rebels. My arena shard is filled with rebel squads as is, and 3/5 toons you need other characters to unlock are now unlocked by characters with rebel tags, and 1 of the remaining 5 has a rebel tag when you get him unlocked. I think I'd have been more excited to have had a Jango locked behind clones and/or bounty hunters, or a Jedi luke with the black suit and green lightsaber hidden locked behind Sith, or pretty much anything but a top tier rebel hidden behind rebels at this point. I'd really like to work on my Jedi squad more, and I liked Clone troopers in the movies so I'd love to work on a clone squad...but...the devs just keep smacking me upside the head and screaming REBELS in my ear.

You may have made some good points but I stopped reading once you tried talking about new players trying to unlock him. I've stated many times that new players are not entitled to every shiny new toy. They have plenty to do still before worrying about this. We don't. Besides luke all these toons have good uses.
    R2: just an all round stud.
    Ben: great lead for getting Yoda
    Leia: decent mid game arena toon and great for unlocking EP
    Sth: all round good toon and great scoundrel for heist.

So basically the toons are good toons to have (especially for the new players your talking about) and newer players are not entitled to everything and they still have plenty of stuff they can work towards
This discussion has been closed.