Stop freaking out about CLS

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Uklem wrote: »
    EricsonX wrote: »
    If it had been a "unlock at 5 stars" issue, I'd be fine. Hell, I could probably do 6 stars. But since I dunno when I'd ever get my Empire guys jacked out enough to get a 7 Star R2, I'm not going to stress it. I know I'm not getting Raid Han or General Kenobi. Sometimes, if you make things too much a of a pain in the butt to get-people just decide forget it.

That's exactly the point. If you can't get Raid Han or GK, you aren't far enough in the game to get CL. New/weak players shouldn't have access to end game characters.

You know that Han or GK are possible without OB or R2?
    The fact there are End Game character in this game is the problem! Everyone is so accepting of OP character that now they think they are entitled one! Jedi in SWG should have taught everyone that Alpha Class/character/Ability are not a good thing.

You're not following my point very well... If you're having trouble obtaining raid characters (characters released long ago), you shouldn't expect to get recently released characters. I didn't think I had to specifically state there are different requirements to obtain each as it's common knowledge...

You also sound like a "have not" and therefore other people shouldn't get what I can't.

Since the mechanics used have nothing in common I still say that linking your ability to get one character to another is irrelevant. It is possible to be a long time player and not be able to get CLS in the same way that CLS is possible without ever finishing an Hraid (if the event had started in september and not august it would be my case).
    You having to "master" the older content while you waited for the new one shouldn't mean that every player and especially the new ones should have to do the same thing.

When Blizzard published Burning Crusade they didn't force player to finish the previous raid or be pvp ranked to play (just play not finish) the new one. This game didn't do it either, so why the old player here think it is something that should be implemented I don't know.
    They make me think of my grampa who always said that our life was far too easier with all this modern technology and that we should live him in the past to learn some hardship.

And about your "have not" remark, since the beginning what frustated me was not having the possibility to enjoy at least the beginning of the event for gaining some shard and maybe a 3* or 5* CLS. I don't care if you or anyone else have a character or not.
    You are so focused on CLS being an "elite only" character that giving a subpar version to those who at least worked enough for it (7* Luke, 7* StH, 5* OB and 6* R2 for me. Apart from R2 I didn't need the rest so I farmed for nothing) seems to be an insult for you.

The comparison is more along the length of time played and toons likely worked to that point. Not comparing the toons
  • Options
    If it had been a "unlock at 5 stars" issue, I'd be fine. Hell, I could probably do 6 stars. But since I dunno when I'd ever get my Empire guys jacked out enough to get a 7 Star R2, I'm not going to stress it. I know I'm not getting Raid Han or General Kenobi. Sometimes, if you make things too much a of a pain in the butt to get-people just decide forget it.

That's exactly the point. If you can't get Raid Han or GK, you aren't far enough in the game to get CL. New/weak players shouldn't have access to end game characters.

The fact there are End Game character in this game is the problem! Everyone is so accepting of OP character that now they think they are entitled one! Jedi in SWG should have taught everyone that Alpha Class/character/Ability are not a good thing.

You're not following my point very well... If you're having trouble obtaining raid characters (characters released long ago), you shouldn't expect to get recently released characters. I didn't think I had to specifically state there are different requirements to obtain each as it's common knowledge...

You also sound like a "have not" and therefore other people shouldn't get what I can't.

Since the mechanics used have nothing in common I still say that linking your ability to get one character to another is irrelevant. It is possible to be a long time player and not be able to get CLS in the same way that CLS is possible without ever finishing an Hraid (if the event had started in september and not august it would be my case).
    You having to "master" the older content while you waited for the new one shouldn't mean that every player and especially the new ones should have to do the same thing.

When Blizzard published Burning Crusade they didn't force player to finish the previous raid or be pvp ranked to play (just play not finish) the new one. This game didn't do it either, so why the old player here think it is something that should be implemented I don't know.
    They make me think of my grampa who always said that our life was far too easier with all this modern technology and that we should live him in the past to learn some hardship.

And about your "have not" remark, since the beginning what frustated me was not having the possibility to enjoy at least the beginning of the event for gaining some shard and maybe a 3* or 5* CLS. I don't care if you or anyone else have a character or not.
    You are so focused on CLS being an "elite only" character that giving a subpar version to those who at least worked enough for it (7* Luke, 7* StH, 5* OB and 6* R2 for me. Apart from R2 I didn't need the rest so I farmed for nothing) seems to be an insult for you.

And ea deemed if you don't have them 7 stars you haven't worked hard enough towards it. I don't understand why you guys think you have a right to every toon. Can you please explain that to me?
  • Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    ^ i suppose it is supposed to follow the journey. Luke meets R2 on Tattoine (spelling?) but doesnt meet Yoda until ESB.

And this is hoth version of luke as well. Not dagobah

Sure but we cannot have Tattoine Luke as we already have Farm Boy Luke.
  • Options
    ^ i suppose it is supposed to follow the journey. Luke meets R2 on Tattoine (spelling?) but doesnt meet Yoda until ESB.

And this is hoth version of luke as well. Not dagobah

Sure but we cannot have Tattoine Luke as we already have Farm Boy Luke.

I'm just reinforcing why Yoda isn't involved
  • Options

And ea deemed if you don't have them 7 stars you haven't worked hard enough towards it. I don't understand why you guys think you have a right to every toon. Can you please explain that to me?

Everybody gets everything they want if they work hard enough.

• Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »

Your statement is against what a lot of people think is right lol
  • Options

These forums are full of people working hard for Commander Luke. I hope they get him. I hope I get him. There is nothing wrong with people expressing their trials. It's like sharing a burden with others to make yourself feel better or make the burden less stressful. Venting is good sometimes.

• Options

These forums are full of people working hard for Commander Luke. I hope they get him. I hope I get him. There is nothing wrong with people expressing their trials. It's like sharing a burden with others to make yourself feel better or make the burden less stressful. Venting is good sometimes.

It's a lot more than that regularly though. People aren't wanting to put in the effort and still want to be rewarded like those of us that have.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Rex lead is only good when you have poor mods.

Not true at all. Rex allows people with poor mods to compete better but the majority of the best teams on any given shard are Rex leads with very strong mods. One of the reasons is that if you can mod your rex as the fastest toon on the field, your entire team is going first as a general rule of thumb.

He's a ****. ( person of low IQ placing between 50 and 69 since the board is afraid I'm gonna hurt someone's feels and sending Bent Wookie after me isn't gonna happen....)

There is a reason Leef is mocking him.

Thanks for saying I am an **** :) Hopefully IQ is not a measure of intelligence :)
  • Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    You may have made some good points but I stopped reading once you tried talking about new players trying to unlock him. I've stated many times that new players are not entitled to every shiny new toy. They have plenty to do still before worrying about this. We don't. Besides luke all these toons have good uses.

R2: just an all round stud.
    Ben: great lead for getting Yoda
    Leia: decent mid game arena toon and great for unlocking EP
    Sth: all round good toon and great scoundrel for heist.

So basically the toons are good toons to have (especially for the new players your talking about) and newer players are not entitled to everything and they still have plenty of stuff they can work towards

Haha...every time I have ever read something to the effect of "but I stopped reading..." it means you read every single word I wrote, word by word, you devoured every single letter of it, and you just have no counter argument because you know I'm right.

Besides what exactly does CLS give veteran players to do? If you already had all the characters 7 starred from back in the day when they were all more useful and you had less options, your going to auto battle some event for 3 minutes and your CLS adventure is over lol.
  • Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    You may have made some good points but I stopped reading once you tried talking about new players trying to unlock him. I've stated many times that new players are not entitled to every shiny new toy. They have plenty to do still before worrying about this. We don't. Besides luke all these toons have good uses.

R2: just an all round stud.
    Ben: great lead for getting Yoda
    Leia: decent mid game arena toon and great for unlocking EP
    Sth: all round good toon and great scoundrel for heist.

So basically the toons are good toons to have (especially for the new players your talking about) and newer players are not entitled to everything and they still have plenty of stuff they can work towards

Haha...every time I have ever read something to the effect of "but I stopped reading..." it means you read every single word I wrote, word by word, you devoured every single letter of it, and you just have no counter argument because you know I'm right.

Besides what exactly does CLS give veteran players to do? If you already had all the characters 7 starred from back in the day when they were all more useful and you had less options, your going to auto battle some event for 3 minutes and your CLS adventure is over lol.

I did not lol. Big ego you got on yourself. I've been working on 7 staring luke and Han and gearing them up and I highly doubt this will be an auto event. Even if it were I still spent the last 2 weeks getting ready as opposed to maybe/maybe not logging in. You seem to be one of the players who isn't going to have a chance at him and are **** over it. As shocking as this may be to you, participation trophies aren't handed out after middle school. If you don't have a shot at him then you've got plenty to do other than boo hoo on hear about it. Get to work
  • Options
    Stop Freaking Out,

Just because CLS is going to wreck the Meta where we will see nothing but Baze and CLS.
    Just because CLS is the most over powered character and is a Demi God
    Just because CLS is a Rebel and holy cow we don't have enough Rebels now do we, LOL
    Just because CLS you won't get him, don't worry I will. So Stop Freaking Out.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Closing thread. Seems all has been said and we're only left with shots being fired...

mlyiihl99xsb.gif
This discussion has been closed.