State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    How is Captain Solo unlocked I wonder? Marquee?

I'm guessing the guild event shop.

Guild Event Tokens can be spent on Hermit Yoda
    ^they state Yoda but not Solo

They didnt say you couldn't on Han but its just a guess since the said "Hoth Han" would be a TB reward
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    bb2e_tauntaun_sleeping_bag_han.jpg

Han's healing ability. Stuff people inside a tauntaun.
  • Options
    Having the gear 12 linked to star level is so much better for me as I have most characters at 7 star or enough shards for them to be 7 star.

Though if gear 12 makes a big difference its probably worse for f2p as it could take them a year or more to gear 12 the likes of Baze and DN unless another way of farming them is introduced.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    My possible theory on unlocking Hoth Han, we know how in Ship battles we unlocked characters through "tutorial" stages, Hoth Han might be given out in a similar fashion.
  • Options
    Good lord with all the characters people would love to see they just rerelease 3 more toons that are already in the game!? Seriously!?

Hermit Yoda sounds cool but cmon this is ridiculous we now have 3 Hans? And 0 jango fett :/ and plenty others
  • Options
    Javik wrote: »
    My possible theory on unlocking Hoth Han, we know how in Ship battles we unlocked characters through "tutorial" stages, Hoth Han might be given out in a similar fashion.

That would make sense and be cool
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    I hope theres some good stuff for officers/leaders to be able to track participation and stuff. No point making this an everyone working together thing if we can't effectively see who is doing what, and more importantly, who isn't. At this point we can't even track daily raid tickets, hoping that gets fixed alone with some TB specific stats too.

THIS! THIS SO MUCH!
    @CG_Kozispoon - Can you speak to officer tracking participation in TB's yet? Or to how we're going to be able to unlock CHS to ROLO?

Also, this all sounds awesome and can't wait!
  • Options
    as welcome as new content is I'm not looking forward to another exodus of high end players from our guild. tying their rewards to the lowest's efforts will hurt
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Good lord with all the characters people would love to see they just rerelease 3 more toons that are already in the game!? Seriously!?

Hermit Yoda sounds cool but cmon this is ridiculous we now have 3 Hans? And 0 jango fett :/ and plenty others

To be fair they announced the han and leia characters a while ago.
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    so if we need Captain Han Solo to get Rebel Officer Leia Organa, but how do we get Captain Han Solo?

open up your wallet and use that thin piece of plastic
  • Options

Yep and Han is 10 times as important a character as Jango Fett. When we get 7 more Hans they should release Jango.
  • Options
    [

'To be fair'? What exactly does that change? I was expecting Hoth leia and Hoth han to come along with a bunch of other Hoth related characters... Alas it's only Kermit yoda
  • Options

Yep and Han is 10 times as important a character as Jango Fett. When we get 7 more Hans they should release Jango.

At least we have ugnaught
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    This all sounds awesome but indeed easing the process of getting toons to G8-9 would be much welcome (looking at you MK3 Holoprojectors)....

And as much as I like rebels I do hope that there would be some new Imperial (or other dark side) characters added as well - I've already had a top player in my guild saying he could delete the game because he feels it's pretty much obliging him to farm and use rebels to stay competitive.... @CG_Kozispoon
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    Options
    [/quote]Alas it's only Kermit yoda[/quote]

Fozzie Bear Yoda. And I couldn't be happier.
  • Options

The poor lad thing doesn't have a faction though, hopefully they release 4 more Ugnaughts in September.
  • Options
    I was hoping yoda would be OT one when he first came out and really really hoped he'd be meditating or sitting, so I guess we're getting that this time???
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Concerning for F2P.
    All the events lately have been tuned to extract cash from whales and dolphins (Thrawn late announcement, CLS's late and unforgiving requirements...)

This update only cements the fact that the game is taking a money-oriented turn, again.

TB will be easy for whales, and will encourage them to band together, and of course they will influence themselves and spend more.
    Everyone will now NEED a large roster, or you will be considered a weight for your guild.

The new toons will probably be meta breaking, and the whales will take the Arena back.

G12 is the same thing, and tying it to 7* is a direct insult to players.
    You can't say "We're doing marquee events to let everyone everyone use the characters" and then say "Ho but you'll need 7* to be competitive in Arena because G12 needs stars."

ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SOME CHARACTERS ARE STILL IN 1 HARD NODE ONLY.

If you want to increase star requirements (CLS's event, G12...), you NEED to help us getting those shards decently fast.

I guess the executives realized the game wasn't making as much money as it could, and pushed for more requirements.
    Be careful though. This is a double-edged knife, and you might end up cutting yourself and losing a bunch of players, both actual and potential.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    as welcome as new content is I'm not looking forward to another exodus of high end players from our guild. tying their rewards to the lowest's efforts will hurt

Personally I'm looking forward all the low-end people in our guild being booted to make space for all the high-end players from your guild to come join us.... :*
  • Options
    I was hoping yoda would be OT one when he first came out and really really hoped he'd be meditating or sitting, so I guess we're getting that this time???

Yeah that's Hermit Yoda, no lightsaber but I'd say his kit will be pretty good. Damage bonus against R2D2?
  • Options

The poor lad thing doesn't have a faction though, hopefully they release 4 more Ugnaughts in September.

I won't be happy until we have
    ●cloud city melting room ugnaught,
    ●carbonite freezing room ugnaught,
    ●clone wars ugnaught
    And
    ●comic book ugnaught
  • Options
    Yaaahhoooo

Can't wait
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    Yes yes yes!

ROLO's (lol I like that name) attacks sound amazing and I hope her kit is awesome!

Also the G12 lock until that specific toon is 7* sounds...helpful...I guess that's the word. It still wouldn't effect the toons that are already powerful without stars, looking at Baze. Gotta see how this will workout.

I know what I'm looking forward to!
    w2hd7aw8hwtc.png

Guys I'd like to interrupt everyone's speculation to say that I have finally been quoted by the one and only @CG_Kozispoon my goal in life has been fulfilled.

We'll probably get some more details on how we can unlock Hoth Han Solo in order to do more unlocking...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    stumpoman wrote: »

Personally I'm looking forward all the low-end people in our guild being booted to make space for all the high-end players from your guild to come join us.... :*

But why would they join you and not some other guild that is already more full of higher end players? This is just really frustrating for anyone in charge of guilds at any level other than the top 1%.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Waez wrote: »
    Concerning for F2P.
    All the events lately have been tuned to extract cash from whales and dolphins (Thrawn late announcement, CLS's late and unforgiving requirements...)

This update only cements the fact that the game is taking a money-oriented turn, again.

TB will be easy for whales, and will encourage them to band together, and of course they will influence themselves and spend more.
    Everyone will now NEED a large roster, or you will be considered a weight for your guild.

The new toons will probably be meta breaking, and the whales will take the Arena back.

G12 is the same thing, and tying it to 7* is a direct insult to players.
    You can't say "We're doing marquee events to let everyone everyone use the characters" and then say "Ho but you'll need 7* to be competitive in Arena because G12 needs stars."

ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SOME CHARACTERS ARE STILL IN 1 HARD NODE ONLY.

If you want to increase star requirements (CLS's event, G12...), you NEED to help us getting those shards decently fast.

I guess the executives realized the game wasn't making as much money as it could, and pushed for more requirements.
    Be careful though. This is a double-edged knife, and you might end up cutting yourself and losing a bunch of players, both actual and potential.

As a (mostly) F2Player, I could not disagree with your assessment more.
    I have a very diverse pool of toons, and look forward to the opportunity to use them all. I could have gotten Thrawn at 7*, but goofed up my Hera farm, but it was totally doable. The CLS requirements are VERY F2P friendly as well.
    Areana for Whales... well yeah man, they can pay for every advantage and that shouldn't surprised or shock any of us.

But more than anything else... I wanted 7*to MEAN something (especially because of the hard farms you mention), and locking g12 behind that is PERFECT imo.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Overall, I'm fairly excited. I love Rebel toons and I love getting more Rebel toons. TB looks better and better each leak or information dump we get on it...except I have one concern.

It looks as if TB success, in order to return maximum currency and shards for your guild, will hinge on full and complete guild-wide interaction. This is a GOOD thing.

However tying certain successes, such as a special mission unlocked by Commander Luke, does worry me. I think any guild not named Instinct or whatever else is at the very top will probably have some members who aren't completely there yet, right?

It sounds cruel and harsh to say, but not everyone in a guild is wheat. You also have chaff.

My guild is full of wonderful people. Not all of them have full rosters. Maybe a quarter of them play at their leisure, and some of them are strictly F2P. All you have to do is look at a Raid scoreboard to know who is who. Top 10 maybe post scores in the 5-10m range and generally carry it. 11-20 may do 1-5m. The rest? Do what they can...and that sucks when you're first starting the raid, but weeks later when you've got it on farm nobody cares.

What does this mean for Territory Battles, though? How much of a detrimental impact will this have if every member is not giving 110% with a full, geared, developed roster?

Will we be forced to dump the underperforming, undergeared well-meaning but unable to meet new standards?

Does the divide between the Haves and the Have Nots just get even larger?

Will anyone at CG even answer this question?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    This weekend I spent money in the game for the first time, 22€ which for me is really expensive for a mobile game. But I thought, Shoretrooper ain't easy to farm so I'll buy his pack, even at low stars he'll be usefull.

Two days later I find out that I won't be able to gear him to lvl XII?? I'll never spend anything in this game, I'll keep playing as a FTP as I've done for almost an year and half. This looks like you're mocking with us.
  • Options
    When is Lego star wars Han solo coming to the game?
  • Options
    When is Lego star wars Han solo coming to the game?

Right after resistance Han Solo. Then we get OT Chewie in a legendary event requiring all 5.
  • Options
    Hermit Yoda. Says it all.