There is NO whining allowed when ROTJ Luke comes

Replies

• Options
    Might be a different platform... maybe even a Death Star event that culminates in ships... Biggs, Wedge, M. Falcon and eventually Luke's ship.

I think for these super-marquee events EA is going to trot out different formulas.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    There will still be whiners. No matter what.

I don't see how nobody figured it out.... they were dropping hints in may saying "retrace Lukes steps from A New Hope"

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying you could give people step by step instructions on what people need and people will still find something to whine about.
  • Options
    Might be a different platform... maybe even a Death Star event that culminates in ships... Biggs, Wedge, M. Falcon and eventually Luke's ship.

I think for these super-marquee events EA is going to trot out different formulas.

Very possible ships will be involved...
  • Options

I don't see how nobody figured it out.... they were dropping hints in may saying "retrace Lukes steps from A New Hope"

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying you could give people step by step instructions on what people need and people will still find something to whine about.

Yeah... this is true
  • Options
    I'd say hermit Yoda is very very likely. Same goes for commander luke. Not so sure that we will need R2 since he's such a stud and was already needed for this luke. Then again, he was with luke on dagobah. Think we will probably also need hoth leia, agree with you on raid Han.
  • Options
    I'd say hermit Yoda is very very likely. Same goes for commander luke. Not so sure that we will need R2 since he's such a stud and was already needed for this luke. Then again, he was with luke on dagobah. Think we will probably also need hoth leia, agree with you on raid Han.

My guess is

CLS
    Hoth Han
    Hoth Leia
    Hermit Yoda
    C3p0 (future release)

Not sure about last spot, but first 4 are my main farms
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No whining allowed? Half the reason this forum exists is for players to vent! How many other people can you vent about GoH to, that won't look at you like a crazy person? (quick example: my wife)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Biggs is a possibility, although he technically wasnt around at the time.

Biggs dies in "A New Hope"

Im aware of that, hence he wasnt around. Gg isnt a droid either, but he is in this game. If they chose ST han over raid han for the CLS event who knows what they will do in the future.

But....sth was the Han that helped luke escape the deathstar..... which......which was what they said the event would be
  • Options

My guess is

CLS
    Hoth Han
    Hoth Leia
    Hermit Yoda
    C3p0 (future release)

Not sure about last spot, but first 4 are my main farms

Pretty sound logic. In an see them expanding requirements though. Very much would not be surprised if Lando, lobot, and ugnaught needed. As such I'll be farming them. Expect to have raid Han maxed in 3 months, may just cruise with my 7 shards and he'll be unlocked in 3 raids. So he'll be ready to. He might be rotj though
  • Widget_gadget
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Im aware of that, hence he wasnt around. Gg isnt a droid either, but he is in this game. If they chose ST han over raid han for the CLS event who knows what they will do in the future.

But....sth was the Han that helped luke escape the deathstar..... which......which was what they said the event would be

That may be true, but raid han was encountered before they went to the death star, so it would make sense to me for him to be on the squad rather than st han. I also dont remember him escaping dressed as a stormtrooper.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    It will require a new yet to be released legendary character requiring CUP, mob enforcer, lobot, nightsister acolyte, and ur'rr'h'or'r'rr'h to unlock. Better start farming now ;)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Hermit Yoda will be there for the dagobah portion and you can bet Hoth Han and Hoth Leia will be needed for the Hoth battle. I'm 7*ing Lobot and Ughnaught just in case.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Hermit Yoda will be there for the dagobah portion and you can bet Hoth Han and Hoth Leia will be needed for the Hoth battle. I'm 7*ing Lobot and Ughnaught just in case.

Don't forget the hoth rebel bros if you want to cover all the bases.
  • Options
    I just jumped through and didnt read but another orange jumpsuit.
    DAK.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Options

Because not everyone religiously visits the cesspool that are these forums? That expecting players to start multi-week or month long grinds on an assumption is an awfully large ask, especially when it means ignoring other characters in the meta? How many people asked and pleaded and begged for some manner of catching up, and all we got were $20 packs that only benefit those who were on the cusp of unlocking these characters in the first place?

So, cool, we're going to have a list of maybe a dozen characters here, plus those needed to stay relevant in the Arena meta, plus those for Territory Battles, and then when one is overlooked or someone falls short on being able to farm a half dozen+ characters in a few months, even a hint of "uh, this is a bit frustrating" will be met with LERN2PLAYNOOB?

Because I'm not seeing a reason to change my "these forums are den of scum and villainy to be avoided at all costs" policy.
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »

Because not everyone religiously visits the cesspool that are these forums? That expecting players to start multi-week or month long grinds on an assumption is an awfully large ask, especially when it means ignoring other characters in the meta? How many people asked and pleaded and begged for some manner of catching up, and all we got were $20 packs that only benefit those who were on the cusp of unlocking these characters in the first place?

So, cool, we're going to have a list of maybe a dozen characters here, plus those needed to stay relevant in the Arena meta, plus those for Territory Battles, and then when one is overlooked or someone falls short on being able to farm a half dozen+ characters in a few months, even a hint of "uh, this is a bit frustrating" will be met with LERN2PLAYNOOB?

Because I'm not seeing a reason to change my "these forums are den of scum and villainy to be avoided at all costs" policy.

It was an in-game pop up lol
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Options

We officially found out we needed these 5 characters, explicitly, one week before the event started.

That's not remotely enough notice unless one is willing to drop substantial money, and those who do probably already capped out on most of the characters anyway.

So what good is it? Doesn't help those starting off, doesn't help those who already have it, and those that were close got a bump with the $20 packs. Everyone else just shouldn't even bother?
  • Options
    I hope the next iteration lets us use Empire instead. Luke's journey from the Empires POV.
  • Options

That may be true, but raid han was encountered before they went to the death star, so it would make sense to me for him to be on the squad rather than st han. I also dont remember him escaping dressed as a stormtrooper.

I don't know what to tell you folks. You didn't prepare well enough just own it.
  • Options

We officially found out we needed these 5 characters, explicitly, one week before the event started.

That's not remotely enough notice unless one is willing to drop substantial money, and those who do probably already capped out on most of the characters anyway.

So what good is it? Doesn't help those starting off, doesn't help those who already have it, and those that were close got a bump with the $20 packs. Everyone else just shouldn't even bother?

This wasn't designed for those who just started. Not sure why this point keeps being raised
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Going to answer you here instead of the closed thread because you're bringing up the same principle. When I asked you why you assume everyone had to farm for a month+, you were reading way too much into what I asked you. There was no hidden meaning to that question, it wasn't an in-your-face taunt. I asked a simple, direct question for a specific reason. And you picked up on the reason even though you still haven't realized why because all you can think of is that I'm looking down on you, that can't believe you couldn't make the cut, whatever. No.

You are 100% correct: we haven't been playing the game exactly the same way or for the same amount of time. That's the whole point.

EA sets up an event with tight parameters for a special character. You (presumably) haven't met the requirements, correct? Why is this is EA's fault? If they wanted to make the character more accessible they could have done so. They clearly did not want to do so, which should tell you that maybe exclusivity comes at a price. And if you can't cover that price, that's not EA's fault.

Other people have met the requirements. You have not. It's no more complicated than that. Now you know what they are, prepare yourself for next time. I don't understand why you think you're obligated to have this character right now.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Options
    This wasn't designed for those who just started. Not sure why this point keeps being raised

I started playing over 20 months ago. I never said I 'just started', I *just started on Old Ben who was bad and worth less than farming Wedge and Biggs and Lando and a half dozen other meta or event relevant characters in the Cantina*.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    There should of been no complaining for CLS event... don't know why people are so butt hurt over it.
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If it will be like CSL event I think it will reqiure characters that helped through in his adventure in Empire Strikes Back so for sure it should be in my opinion:
    Hoth Han (beggining of the movie),
    Hermit Yoda (training on Dagobah) ,
    R2D2( he is almost always with Luke) ,
    Rebel Officer Leia + Lando (they took Luke after battle with Vader)
    However there might be stage like Old Ben vs Vader so it may need CSL to finish this event.
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • Options
    Now that we've see what event requierments can and will be... here is a list of toons from EMPIRE STRIKES BACK that you might need to unlock the next Luke Skywalker.

RELEASED & PROBABLE
    Commander Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo (Raid)
    R2D2

RELEASED & DOUBTFULL
    Lando Calrissian
    Lobot
    Ugnaught
    Wedge Antilles

RELEASED & VERY DOUBTFULL
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Hoth Rebel Soldier

UNREALEASED
    Hoth Han Solo
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    Hermit Yoda

THEORETICAL NEW TOONS
    C3P0
    Rebel Chewbacca

Feel free to add if I missed any

Other more obscure possibilities:
    Ackbar
    Nien Nunb
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic but relevant all the same.

If playing through ESB event gets us ROTJ Luke, what does playing through ROTJ event get us? Episode 8 Grandmaster Luke? Is there a need for a ROTJ event in that instince and if not, wouldn't that feel a bit odd not to complete the trilogy?
  • Options
    Jedi luke will be unlocked via ship battles. You will need all of the ships and have them maxed with their crew members maxed.
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Jedi luke will be unlocked via ship battles. You will need all of the ships and have them maxed with their crew members maxed.

Burn in hell for this idea
    :D
  • Options
    Now that we've see what event requierments can and will be... here is a list of toons from EMPIRE STRIKES BACK that you might need to unlock the next Luke Skywalker.

RELEASED & PROBABLE
    Commander Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo (Raid)
    R2D2

RELEASED & DOUBTFULL
    Lando Calrissian
    Lobot
    Ugnaught
    Wedge Antilles

RELEASED & VERY DOUBTFULL
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Hoth Rebel Soldier

UNREALEASED
    Hoth Han Solo
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    Hermit Yoda

THEORETICAL NEW TOONS
    C3P0
    Rebel Chewbacca

Feel free to add if I missed any

Other more obscure possibilities:
    Ackbar
    Nien Nunb

They would be quite obscure indeed for an Empire mission, considering these characters didn't debut until Return of the Jedi. ;)
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta