There is NO whining allowed when ROTJ Luke comes

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    There's no paradox here - a thread about whining is a reasonable place to discuss this sort of thing. And by your second paragraph, I think we're pretty much in agreement. I have no problem with people posting successes, complaints, frustrated vents, etc. about the game. That's what these forums are for.

NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING DISAGREEABLE FOR THE SAKE OF BEING DI-
    er, sorry. Got carried away.

My apologies for mistaking you for someone you are not. Carry on, sir.

Lol, no worries :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'd think Vader for the last part vs Palpatine. I could imagine them making it so that You have to let Luke die and a new ability comes up for Vader much like Obi Wan's sacrifice.
  • Options
    So to unlock empire strikes back Luke, you need characters from a new hope. This leads me to believe that to unlock return of the Jedi Luke, you'll need characters from empire strikes back. I'm assuming those will be hoth leia, hoth Han, hermit yoda, R2, and reworked chewie
  • Options
    So to unlock empire strikes back Luke, you need characters from a new hope. This leads me to believe that to unlock return of the Jedi Luke, you'll need characters from empire strikes back. I'm assuming those will be hoth leia, hoth Han, hermit yoda, R2, and reworked chewie

This makes the most sense to me. Probably CLS too
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I'm sure the plan for any whining/negative feedback for any current or future content is outlined in the new forum / social media filtering guidelines. I'm thankful that we'll never have to see anything negative again.
  • Options

I really don't understand why people's complaints have you so up in arms, but simply telling them to stop is about as effective as telling whining children to stop - it pretty much doesn't work. In fact, it's even less likely to work since at least I can send an overly whiny child to their room for a while.
    If you really dislike those threads, ignore them. Let them sink into the obscurity of page 2. Don't feed the whiners. (This also works pretty well with whiny kids)

Which is why you felt compelled to ignore his comment.... with a comment, right? This post is about whiners (indirectly) for pete's sake.

Human nature is what it is. People argue, people complain, people complain about the complainers, neo-anti-complainers complain about the anti-complaining.
    There's no paradox here - a thread about whining is a reasonable place to discuss this sort of thing. And by your second paragraph, I think we're pretty much in agreement. I have no problem with people posting successes, complaints, frustrated vents, etc. about the game. That's what these forums are for.

I really don't understand why people's complaints have you so up in arms, but simply telling them to stop is about as effective as telling whining children to stop - it pretty much doesn't work. In fact, it's even less likely to work since at least I can send an overly whiny child to their room for a while.
    If you really dislike those threads, ignore them. Let them sink into the obscurity of page 2. Don't feed the whiners. (This also works pretty well with whiny kids)

Which is why you felt compelled to ignore his comment.... with a comment, right? This post is about whiners (indirectly) for pete's sake.

Human nature is what it is. People argue, people complain, people complain about the complainers, neo-anti-complainers complain about the anti-complaining.

So if it's a reasonable discussion why did you figure to tell me stop wasting my time? This entire thread was literally made about whiners not getting CLS lol
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    It's called the forums. We don't get gifted things for being long time players. We just have a general edge. If you paid attention on here you knew what you needed months ago. Of you didn't or didn't listen, well that's your problem not ea's

Wait a second, just like a developer said Veers and Snowtrooper would have bonuses at Hoth?
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    It's called the forums. We don't get gifted things for being long time players. We just have a general edge. If you paid attention on here you knew what you needed months ago. Of you didn't or didn't listen, well that's your problem not ea's

Wait a second, just like a developer said Veers and Snowtrooper would have bonuses at Hoth?

Pve veers :D
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Could somebody be kind enough to list the characters that will be needed to unlock ROTJ Luke?
    I feel it's still not clear enough to disallow whining.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options

So if it's a reasonable discussion why did you figure to tell me stop wasting my time? This entire thread was literally made about whiners not getting CLS lol

Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I meant ignore all those threads that pop up where people are whining. Let them sink & die. A lot of anti-whiners attack the posts instead, and they stick around. I didn't mean for you to stop posting here. You can waste your time any way you like ;)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Could somebody be kind enough to list the characters that will be needed to unlock ROTJ Luke?

There is no list for the required toons for ROTJ Luke as far as I know. I guess people assume you need the toons that are in those movies (assumed that the event will follow the same as CLS).

Regardless, there will always be people whining. I don't see any problem in it as long as only one thread gets made and doesn't flood the forums....
  • Options
    I see, this thread is basically a "No whining" one with no useful info. :D
  • Options

There must be some feature that makes it incredibly important though. :)
  • Options

There must be some feature that makes it incredibly important though. :)
    There has to be, it's 6 pages long. :)
  • Options
    Athusk wrote: »

There is no list for the required toons for ROTJ Luke as far as I know. I guess people assume you need the toons that are in those movies (assumed that the event will follow the same as CLS).

Yep better stop whining and start farming Lobot.
  • Options

I've got him at 37/65, will that be enough?
  • Options

I've got him at 37/65, will that be enough?

My crystal ball is broken but CLS unlocked at 7* ;)
  • Options
    Good point, @SolidStripes. ;)
  • Options
    Carbon-Frozen Han,
    Divorced Han,
    Amputee Luke,
    Old Luke.
  • Options

Yeah I'm actually doing that right now. I have a ways to go (53/50, haven't Spent the 100 credits to unlock him yet)
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Farming Lobot isn't necessary, gents.
    Sure, the game wants to earn some bucks with RoTJ Luke's release, but I can't imagine they would go as far as requiring a character that had no interaction whatsoever with Luke. I mean, they didn't require Jawas or Tuskens for CSL... Come on now.
    However, Hoth Han/Leia, Hermit Yoda and CSL are a given, and I'd go as far as saying C3P0 will be released in the meantime (requiring Ewoks) and he (it?) will be required as well.
    Lando is a bit of a stretch, but I'd farm him (as I am right now). Chances of Lobot are the same as Ughnaught and CUP, get real guys.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    It's about time this post needs closed. He's already been released, and this is old news.

ROTJ Luke was released? This is news to me.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Five pages later still

1241.gif
  • Options
    If/when Jedi Master Luke Skywalker is released (remember, we will have all the characters from The Last Jedi; maybe Old Luke) would be probably be:

• General Leia Organa
    • Rebel Commander Han Solo
    • Lando Calrissian
    • Hermit Yoda
    • C-3P0 (a support-basic attack character idea)/ R2-D2/ CW Chewbacca or Rebel Chewbacca
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    It's about time this post needs closed. He's already been released, and this is old news.
    That's Episode V Luke

• Options
    If/when Jedi Master Luke Skywalker is released (remember, we will have all the characters from The Last Jedi; maybe Old Luke) would be probably be:

• General Leia Organa
    • Rebel Commander Han Solo
    • Lando Calrissian
    • Hermit Yoda
    • C-3P0 (a support-basic attack character idea)/ R2-D2/ CW Chewbacca/Rebel Chewbacca or CLS

• Options
    Widowailer wrote: »
    Funny how you guys dis the "whiners", and dismiss all as new players.... Sadly, not the case. Only had 2 toons not premium completely unlocked Old Ben was one of them. Have 86 of them 7*. So when they finally release the official list you better have every toon 7* or risk being a whiner yourself :smile: . Oh and for those willing to buy every pack thrown out there for the newest Uber character, you might as well just give EA your debit card info. I support this game monetarily, but starting to reconsider, where is the support for long timer fans/players?

Lol late reply, I don't live on here like some. If that means I miss out fine. I just want to make the argument stop drinking the Kool aid! Oh and for all the forum talk is concerned did you have fun farming your M Falcon? I just want more clarity of what's coming, not more Tickle me Elmo economics. As a long time fan (used to be p2p) and supporter is it too much to ask to let me buy what I want when I want to?. To stop trying to cram unwanted toons down peeps throats to engage in content? Really it's less about having or not having CLS and more about trying to bleed their fan base dry. I'm really enjoying the TB & TW's. Im not saying everything they are doing is wrong, but how about ally points? GW, Arena, Cantina store shake ups? Nope, more and more I'm seeing fresh packs for events they didn't give notice or time for. Look I know it's a business, I'm cool with arena being dominated with folks with big pockets. I just don't like to see new content that Is obviously put in place to prey on fan base addictions. That kind of thing reminds me of crack dealers. "Try this on for size partner this new product is HOT!".
  • Options
    In my opinion, these characters are the most likely to be needed: CLS, Hermit yoda, r2d2, ROLO & Cap Han.

Because all of them except CLS are the ones who lead CLS or helped him towards the battle with vader (ROLO & Cap Han were the bait), losing the battle finally set him on the path (or gave him the resolve) to complete his jedi training, thus leading to the last step of becomming a hero (return of the jedi movie). And CLS is in there for the same reason as (farmboy) Luke.
  • Options
    Necromancy is against the TOS