How is everyone preparing for g12/TB?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see how good the ridiculous to farm in hard mode toons for f2p are at g12. I got hoth soldier to like 4* but can't be farming a toon on a hard mode for a year. Since they raised hard mode to 5 sims I am now getting a worse drop rate then when it was 3 sim, so now I waste 100s of energy on sims that give me no good results.

No way am I gonna spend two months farming ONE raid gear for ONE gear slot on ONE toon that takes 100 or more of ONE raid piece while I fall out of the top of arena because I don't have arena meta hard mode farm toons at 7*. Only way for f2p to have a chance of competing is to get good arena ranks and I am afraid that will be impossible after g12. And if it is then I don't see how it would be possible to play and compete anymore and without that there is no point to the game anymore besides spending for power and ranks, i.e p2w.

Hopefully I am totally wrong cause I really do love this game.

Everything they've shown and said leads to a large and diverse roster being the most important thing in territory battles. In other words it is most certainly NOT just about having those stage 9 light and dark side characters.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see how good the ridiculous to farm in hard mode toons for f2p are at g12. I got hoth soldier to like 4* but can't be farming a toon on a hard mode for a year. Since they raised hard mode to 5 sims I am now getting a worse drop rate then when it was 3 sim, so now I waste 100s of energy on sims that give me no good results.

No way am I gonna spend two months farming ONE raid gear for ONE gear slot on ONE toon that takes 100 or more of ONE raid piece while I fall out of the top of arena because I don't have arena meta hard mode farm toons at 7*. Only way for f2p to have a chance of competing is to get good arena ranks and I am afraid that will be impossible after g12. And if it is then I don't see how it would be possible to play and compete anymore and without that there is no point to the game anymore besides spending for power and ranks, i.e p2w.

Everything they've shown and said leads to a large and diverse roster being the most important thing in territory battles. In other words it is most certainly NOT just about having those stage 9 light and dark side characters.

It is if they are needed for top ranks in arena. Arena is all that matters for f2p and low spenders cause without those crystals we can't do anything meaningful in-game.
  • Options
    Preparing 1 kidney for sale
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I'm happily preparing for Territory Battles by farming all the toons I can, and checking the forum daily for info.

I'm begrudgingly preparing for gear 12 by daily bashing my head against a concrete wall to simulate how that's going to feel.

It's not gonna be that bad...

just max out your current arena team (i.e. for Baze do all the g11 pieces you can).

Did I mention that right now I have 28 characters waiting on stun cuffs? 28. And that doesn't mean they need 1 each. Snowtrooper needs 8 stun cuffs to get to max gear. 8. For one character. 8 cuffs. He is single handedly the reason I abandoned the idea of a Veers+Trooper team even though I have Veers, and Shoretrooper at 7*. I need an entire team's worth of gear for one character, so it's not worth the resources.

That doesn't mean I think I need to have every character max gear. I understand the reason behind the grind, and having to allocate a steady, gated amount of resources. But the current gear gate and horrible drop rates for cuffs, and guns are sufficient to stifle my progress to a brutally slow creep for years to come exactly as it is. The idea of a new gear gate layered on top of that without any easing of the current one is as appealing to me as diving into a wood chipper.

My hope is that the new Territory Battles give out some generous amounts of older gear along with the slow, steady, measured amounts of new gear. This would ease the burden/imbalance of some really old characters being very poorly thought out when it comes to the amount of hard to get gear items they need. (8 cuff Snowtrooper being an example)

However if the new gear pieces require 60-100 cuffs to make a piece, then the wood chipper will start to look very inviting.

500 crystals a day + 100 from booster + ~80 from daily challenges makes 680, minus the 150 from energy and 50 for a hard node you have 480. 20 stun cuffs is 580, but with the energy you have you can get a few more, i.e. 1 stun cuff every 2 days. works for me.
  • Options
    Personally I'm g11.5-ing all my chars and also getting HRSoldier/scout done... everyone else?

I am applying for new credit cards

Lmfao to funny
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I'm happily preparing for Territory Battles by farming all the toons I can, and checking the forum daily for info.

I'm begrudgingly preparing for gear 12 by daily bashing my head against a concrete wall to simulate how that's going to feel.

just max out your current arena team (i.e. for Baze do all the g11 pieces you can).

Did I mention that right now I have 28 characters waiting on stun cuffs? 28. And that doesn't mean they need 1 each. Snowtrooper needs 8 stun cuffs to get to max gear. 8. For one character. 8 cuffs. He is single handedly the reason I abandoned the idea of a Veers+Trooper team even though I have Veers, and Shoretrooper at 7*. I need an entire team's worth of gear for one character, so it's not worth the resources.

That doesn't mean I think I need to have every character max gear. I understand the reason behind the grind, and having to allocate a steady, gated amount of resources. But the current gear gate and horrible drop rates for cuffs, and guns are sufficient to stifle my progress to a brutally slow creep for years to come exactly as it is. The idea of a new gear gate layered on top of that without any easing of the current one is as appealing to me as diving into a wood chipper.

My hope is that the new Territory Battles give out some generous amounts of older gear along with the slow, steady, measured amounts of new gear. This would ease the burden/imbalance of some really old characters being very poorly thought out when it comes to the amount of hard to get gear items they need. (8 cuff Snowtrooper being an example)

However if the new gear pieces require 60-100 cuffs to make a piece, then the wood chipper will start to look very inviting.

500 crystals a day + 100 from booster + ~80 from daily challenges makes 680, minus the 150 from energy and 50 for a hard node you have 480. 20 stun cuffs is 580, but with the energy you have you can get a few more, i.e. 1 stun cuff every 2 days. works for me.

Coming in first, and not doing any refreshes even though at least 1 is required for getting daily guild coins? That's your solution? Exactly how many people does that work for?
  • Options
    I'm sure a lot people can have their entire roster steamrolled by someone, and also have a pile of untouched and ungeared Toons that were unlocked.

Those who have been dedicated and playing for over 18 months (or those who spent a lot of money) will generally have the strongest and widest rosters.

For those of us who are dolphins, F2P, lightweights, casuals, etc, we're more than likely will be cannon fodder for our respective Guilds.

At what point would a Toon have to be for people consider "valuable cannon fodder"? Meaning how strong would they have to be, so that they won't be one-shotted or swept away too easily?

> Unmodded Level 40, Gear 3-4, with abilities at 3? (regardless of star level)
    > Unmodded Level 45, Gear 3-4, with abilities at 3? (regardless of star level)
    > Unmodded Level 50, Gear 3-4, with abilities at 3? (regardless of star level)

My above examples of course in relation to their Top 10-15, where they are most likely at around Level 70+, Gear 7+, abilities 6+, partially to fully modded.

Granted we need more info about TBs, but if every players' Toons are required, leaving them at Lvl 1 G1 would not be a good idea.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

It is if they are needed for top ranks in arena. Arena is all that matters for f2p and low spenders cause without those crystals we can't do anything meaningful in-game.

I'm free to play and the highest I ever placed was 30-something with droids pre-zetas. I'm usually 150-200 now with a zeta Qui-Gon team.

Arena is not the most important thing. Finishing <200 is easy and sufficient. You can maintain that position and build out the rest of your roster no problem. Look at mine--javen't spent since I bought Slave-1 when ships were released, and very little before that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Coming in first, and not doing any refreshes even though at least 1 is required for getting daily guild coins? That's your solution? Exactly how many people does that work for?

While assuming that coming in first every day isn't reasonable, the math does account for refreshes.
  • Options
    I'm sure a lot people can have their entire roster steamrolled by someone, and also have a pile of untouched and ungeared Toons that were unlocked.

Those who have been dedicated and playing for over 18 months (or those who spent a lot of money) will generally have the strongest and widest rosters.

For those of us who are dolphins, F2P, lightweights, casuals, etc, we're more than likely will be cannon fodder for our respective Guilds.

At what point would a Toon have to be for people consider "valuable cannon fodder"? Meaning how strong would they have to be, so that they won't be one-shotted or swept away too easily?

My above examples of course in relation to their Top 10-15, where they are most likely at around Level 70+, Gear 7+, abilities 6+, partially to fully modded.

Granted we need more info about TBs, but if every players' Toons are required, leaving them at Lvl 1 G1 would not be a good idea.

In my personal opinion I would say G8, Lvl 70+, omega'd abilities (zetas once I run TB and see which toons would really benefit from one). Mods can be switched so I'm not too worried about that.
    To clarify: I've run plenty of "filler" team in the raids to kill TM (some as low as Gear 4 or 5) and it's clear how fast a underleveled toon is wiped out sooooo I'm not taking any chances.
  • Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »

In my personal opinion I would say G8, Lvl 70+, omega'd abilities (zetas once I run TB and see which toons would really benefit from one). Mods can be switched so I'm not too worried about that.
    To clarify: I've run plenty of "filler" team in the raids to kill TM (some as low as Gear 4 or 5) and it's clear how fast a underleveled toon is wiped out sooooo I'm not taking any chances.
    So basically what you're saying, my best Toons are going to the "valuable cannon fodder" for my Guild. Whereas my unused Toons are going to be "regular cannon fodder."

LOL!!!!

Oh well.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »

So basically what you're saying, my best Toons are going to the "valuable cannon fodder" for my Guild. Whereas my unused Toons are going to be "regular cannon fodder."

LOL!!!!

Oh well.

Lol my bad. To be fair we don't know the minimum requirements we'd need for each phase of TBs, so a lower equipped toon might actually be sufficient for a couple of battles...who knows!? Lol
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

While assuming that coming in first every day isn't reasonable, the math does account for refreshes.

You are correct. Reading is fundamental. And my main point stands that finishing 1st daily in arena as a solution to the gear crunch is not a recipe for a healthy game economy inhabited by who knows how many hundreds of thousands of players.
  • Options
    Slowly gearing everyone up, as usual. If TB is to be believed and gives us a reason to use non meta characters then I'm already set up well for it.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    This may have been answered but will g12 have any effect on ships in regards to the pilot ability currently maxing at g11 or will g11 stay the max do you think?
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    This may have been answered but will g12 have any effect on ships in regards to the pilot ability currently maxing at g11 or will g11 stay the max do you think?
    Hasn't been said, but probably. Don't really see why it wouldn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Minus 150 crystals for energy. Please lean to read.

Seriously, every level 85 playing properly is in a shard chat and can get rank 1 easily.
  • Options
    I'm doing the same thing I've been doing and hoping my roster is good enough for me to compete/contribute. Been playing since January of '16, mostly as F2P.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Minus 150 crystals for energy. Please lean to read.

Seriously, every level 85 playing properly is in a shard chat and can get rank 1 easily.

Someone already pointed that out, and I acknowledged it. You also need to learn to read.

Secondly, not everyone on an arena leaderboard can take first with thousands of people sharing payouts. So add math to your curriculum.
  • Options
    I've been playing the game
  • Options

+1

With information we have so far, it looks like g12 will be mainly for whales, so I will wait for oficial introduction.
  • Options
    By staring at all the furnaces I don't have
  • Options
    Algeroth wrote: »

+1

With information we have so far, it looks like g12 will be mainly for whales, so I will wait for oficial introduction.
    People keep saying this, but it just seems like unfounded cynicism to me. Diverse roster does not equal only for whales.

To be clear: NONE of the information we have gotten so far even slightly indicates that G12 will be mainly for whales.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Crying in a corner at my lack of Raid gear as it is

+1