How is everyone preparing for g12/TB?

Replies

• Options
    I haven't changed anything in terms of preparing. I'm working on gearing more teams and getting more zetas. You know...the usual stuff. Of course with the rework of raid Han I'm working towards his zeta and getting his omegas
  • Options
    Personally I'm g11.5-ing all my chars and also getting HRSoldier/scout done... everyone else?

I am applying for new credit cards
  • Options
    Basically just grinding out gear and shards for a few stragglers. Every available toon is g7 minimum.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I'm happily preparing for Territory Battles by farming all the toons I can, and checking the forum daily for info.

I'm begrudgingly preparing for gear 12 by daily bashing my head against a concrete wall to simulate how that's going to feel.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I'm happily preparing for Territory Battles by farming all the toons I can, and checking the forum daily for info.

I'm begrudgingly preparing for gear 12 by daily bashing my head against a concrete wall to simulate how that's going to feel.

It's not gonna be that bad...

just max out your current arena team (i.e. for Baze do all the g11 pieces you can).
  • Options
    Crying in a corner at my lack of Raid gear as it is
  • Options
    Same as I've always been. I always keep all my toons at minimum lvl 40 and gear IV which is more then alot of my guild mates. Lol Since they haven't haven't given us soecifics I'll gonna keep building raid teams, my sith team, and soon I'll gonna put some work into my Phoenix squad for next time Thrawn comes around.
  • Options
    ponce104 wrote: »
    Same as I've always been. I always keep all my toons at minimum lvl 40 and gear IV which is more then alot of my guild mates. Lol Since they haven't haven't given us soecifics I'll gonna keep building raid teams, my sith team, and soon I'll gonna put some work into my Phoenix squad for next time Thrawn comes around.

sith? sith are dead lol.
  • Options
    Drinking beer, hanging out at the beach and logging in 20 mins a day doing the minimal possible hoping TB is worth continuing to do the same mundane tasks for 3 months when HAAT became a farming task.

Arena, ships, GW, both raids have been to the point there's no thought required to get maximum rewards for quite a while. I wish I could script it, but again I'm hoping TB is fun whenever it gets released.
  • Options
    I think expanding hard node farms to 5 attempts is a pretty big clue to do your hard node Hoth FOST and FOTP to prepare for future events
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »
    So is Hoth Soldier required to be 7*? I thought I saw like a 4* requirement...
    No. None of this is official. Everyone saying you need this or that or the other thing is guessing at best. These guesses are predicated on, again at best, a leaked beta screenshot that was removed for violation of their NDA. Things change between beta and release all the time.

While it may not be official (my understanding is that on a recent podcast, one of the devs confirmed the need for Veers and Snow), what is official is that certain missions will require specific characters. What is also official is that the battle will be on Hoth. So the idea that the Hoth related characters -- HR Scout, HR Soldier, Veers, Snowtrooper -- will be needed is more than just a random guess, but a well-grounded, educated guess (ignoring the leaked beta screenshot).

People can ignore the limited information and most logical speculation derived therefrom, and then come whining to the forums when they don't have the appropriate character(s) who are hard farms (I'm looking at Veers and Soldier) that they weren't told months ago, or they can operate under the reasonable assumptions that these characters will be needed, and go ahead and farm.
  • Options
    To answer the OP -- I'm hard-node farming Hoth Rebel Soldier, and Veers (1 node), and collecting HR Scout from the cantina store. I'm gathering other shards for characters I don't have maxed out, and stockpiling gear, ability mats, and credits, so I can work on whatever I need to once TB hits. For gear 12, over the last 8 months whenever I've put someone on my arena team they've been g11, and I've generally given whatever post-g11 pieces I can other than those requiring carbantis (since those are in such high demand). When g12 is available, I'll equip those pieces as needed to complete people up, with my arena team remaining the focus.
  • Options
    Praying. Just praying.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing, I feel I'm ready
    Now launch the dang TB!
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Trying to get my arena team max geared with all the available pieces at G11. Of course, I'm sure my first few TB drops will be challenge gear I have thousands of, so there's that ;-)

Already had 7* G10 HRScout. HRSol remains 4*. Veers, I guess I should finish him off really. 7* Snowtrooper is G9 from when I used him for the Ewok assault battle thing.
  • Options
    Opened a separate bank account and invested in proper stocks that will yield enough return for me to afford it.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

It's not gonna be that bad...

just max out your current arena team (i.e. for Baze do all the g11 pieces you can).

Did I mention that right now I have 28 characters waiting on stun cuffs? 28. And that doesn't mean they need 1 each. Snowtrooper needs 8 stun cuffs to get to max gear. 8. For one character. 8 cuffs. He is single handedly the reason I abandoned the idea of a Veers+Trooper team even though I have Veers, and Shoretrooper at 7*. I need an entire team's worth of gear for one character, so it's not worth the resources.

That doesn't mean I think I need to have every character max gear. I understand the reason behind the grind, and having to allocate a steady, gated amount of resources. But the current gear gate and horrible drop rates for cuffs, and guns are sufficient to stifle my progress to a brutally slow creep for years to come exactly as it is. The idea of a new gear gate layered on top of that without any easing of the current one is as appealing to me as diving into a wood chipper.

My hope is that the new Territory Battles give out some generous amounts of older gear along with the slow, steady, measured amounts of new gear. This would ease the burden/imbalance of some really old characters being very poorly thought out when it comes to the amount of hard to get gear items they need. (8 cuff Snowtrooper being an example)

However if the new gear pieces require 60-100 cuffs to make a piece, then the wood chipper will start to look very inviting.
  • Options
    I guess I'm focusing on 3 things:

1. Getting as many toons as I can up one more star level.
    2. Getting as many toons to G8.
    3. And unlocking some possibly-useful toons that never peaked my attention. (Veers, shore trooper...)
  • Options
    Working on PS so I can 7* my Thrawn. If he's not 7 he can't be gear 12, so that's the priority right now.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I am gearing my arena team :)
  • Options
    First you need G11 and.... you need seven star so to even think G12... https://www.tenor.co/LCZT.gif
  • Options
    After gearing CLS, I'll be completing all the miscellanous gear pieces that my gear 11 characters need that I'll want to get to gear 12. And of course farming the hoth characters.
  • Options
    I have quit a few characters that i could level up and put mods on that I never use. https://swgoh.gg/u/troyempire/collection/ . I know that TB is coming soon and we can use all of our toons. Just wondering if most of you are waiting to see what TB brings before using resources or are some of you leveling up your toons now. Just wondering what your plans are.
  • Options
    Personally I'd wait and see, we might get more info in the upcoming future. So I would have the resources but not use them yet.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    I'm not doing anything for G12... I don't even have a single G11 yet.
  • Options
    I just level 85d my 17th regular ship. 7 starred my 54th character...

Really I am not doing anything differently than normal. I am farming shards as fast as I can more or less.
  • Options
    I just level 85d my 17th regular ship. 7 starred my 54th character...

Really I am not doing anything differently than normal. I am farming shards as fast as I can more or less.
  • Options
    schwei22 wrote: »
    I have quit a few characters that i could level up and put mods on that I never use. https://swgoh.gg/u/troyempire/collection/ . I know that TB is coming soon and we can use all of our toons. Just wondering if most of you are waiting to see what TB brings before using resources or are some of you leveling up your toons now. Just wondering what your plans are.

Waiting. Premature leveling/starring/gearing is how people end up in trouble when it turns out they picked the wrong characters. Credits, gear, ability mats don't expire. Hoard, hoard, hoard, and you'll be prepared when you need to pivot for whatever reason.
  • Options
    I'm waiting to see how good the ridiculous to farm in hard mode toons for f2p are at g12. I got hoth soldier to like 4* but can't be farming a toon on a hard mode for a year. Since they raised hard mode to 5 sims I am now getting a worse drop rate then when it was 3 sim, so now I waste 100s of energy on sims that give me no good results.

No way am I gonna spend two months farming ONE raid gear for ONE gear slot on ONE toon that takes 100 or more of ONE raid piece while I fall out of the top of arena because I don't have arena meta hard mode farm toons at 7*. Only way for f2p to have a chance of competing is to get good arena ranks and I am afraid that will be impossible after g12. And if it is then I don't see how it would be possible to play and compete anymore and without that there is no point to the game anymore besides spending for power and ranks, i.e p2w.

Hopefully I am totally wrong cause I really do love this game.