edited August 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yesac wrote: »
    TB undermines that. There is no way for me to help get my guild to the top level of play without simply saying, "Every day, farm this one terrible toon that nobody ever wanted, and in half a year you can help in the 7* battle."
    So what you liked most before this event was being able to tell everyone what they should do, and now that they get to make decisions on their own you're discontented?

Wow. Way to completely and totally miss the entire point. I'll give you credit for one thing though...you can sure build a heck of a strawman.

You wrote a Vox article about why you don't want people to have to prioritize their energy because then they won't be going for the predefined characters you told them are important.

Everyone thinks everything they do is noble and good and pure. But we all like being the font of knowledge, so when things change people get defensive because it means they won't be the experts anymore. Doesn't mean things shouldn't change.

I didn't write anything - the poster you were replying to wasn't me. You can't argue both sides. In the other thread you posted a "noble" story about your guild being made up of lesser players who are real life friends and friends they brought in and that people are more important than progress - and yet in this thread you rip the guild leader who is basically suggesting the same. Pick a lane
    This guy's telling his guildmates who to farm so they'll progress and give him rewards faster. Or because he gets off on telling people what they should do. I don't know, it's none of my business.

Do they want those characters? Are they playing a game or just ticking boxes off a list? Shoot, man, let them farm up that Lobot and Ugnaught team because they want a rhyming scheme. Who cares? Folks keep complaining "don't make me farm useless characters" while at the same time complaining that they're giving you a use for those characters.

So you guys pick a lane. Or get off the road, I don't care.

You must have had a bad experience with a jerky guild leader. I'm sorry about that, but don't transfer your aggression onto me. There is nothing in my post that says I tell my guild what to do for selfish reasons. To get more rewards for myself? I stayed with my guild since the beginning, day one, and finally helped them beat the HAAT, shouldering most of the damage. I had to do 12.5 million in order for us to beat it. If anything, that makes me more altruistic than selfish. I could have abandoned them and jumped on another guild to accelerate toward GK, but I found the challenge and comraderie to be the best part of the game. Those people in HAAT guilds who had the raid on farm, I've heard countless stories about them tuning out, many guilds not getting anywhere near 100% participation after people got GK. Meanwhile, my guild spent the last year working together to meet a challenging goal. When we finally defeated it, everyone felt proud. Everyone did their part. So instead of trying to pick someone's post apart, make wild accusations, just don't. There's no need to. Especially when that person says they are looking forward to an event.

And one last thing. No where in my post does it say I'm going to tell my guild what to farm. And your presumption that now that I can't tell them what to farm (don't even know where you're getting that idea), I feel like I've lost some Manson-like hold on them, is ridiculous. My point is that if the guys in my guild want to do that top tier battle, which they will, they HAVE to farm HRSoldier in order to unlock the most beneficial (I assume) battles. I always tried to advise them to try and think of the guild when farming. Who in their right mind would have thought before the leaked screenshots that farming HRSoldier would help their guild?
    Post edited by Yesac on
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I hope soldier stays on the 1 node, if for no other reason than spite from seeing posts/comments like these from ppl expecting to be able to roll over any new content the day it's released with no effort whatsoever... every... single... time... a new toon or content is released. I miss the days when ppl actually enjoyed earning the things they got in games... I never once cried about the hundreds, literally, of hrs I spent in the moon room in FF2 trying to fight the same pink puff npc hoping for the 1/10000 drop off the pink tale so I could get the Adamant armor to match the sword... which wasn't even crucial to the game & was an actual secret... modern gaming, especially freemium, has killed enjoyment for a good % of players... or that's how it appears. No one wants to actually earn anything anymore. What's the point of even playing games if you get everything with virtually no effort? I wonder if it's more the envy aspect for the people that can afford to ptp & get things quickly. Then again, there's no sense of accomplishment there, just addiction to the need to be elite in as many aspects of the game as they can afford... end of rant.

Side note; I understand the frustration but they stated from the start that every toon, ship, and upgrade will be important. If not this territory, then more toons you don't have will be needed for another down the road. At least you know the focus of this one. Or speculate on the next & use the time to be more ready for that... either way, this isn't a new event, more like a new raid, it's not going anywhere after release. Just keep chipping away at whatever you can and stay focused.
  • Options
    I dont know why people are so worried about it farm them both and drop your ally points on the free data cards. Then fingers crossed rng is in your favour
  • Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    I'm 3/20 farming HRSo shards thus far. Thanks for the help.

If not for the 70 or shards I've got free from Bronzium pulls or rewards from sporadic events over 20 months of playing, I'd have precisely... 3 shards. I guess I'm 9-12 months away from 7* him.

Making HRSo so critical is a cheap stunt.

And suddenly he's available on pack.. we know where this will going :lol:
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

If not for the 70 or shards I've got free from Bronzium pulls or rewards from sporadic events over 20 months of playing, I'd have precisely... 3 shards. I guess I'm 9-12 months away from 7* him.

I saw Soldier in the Shipments. 2 shards for 100 crystals. Even that's a line ball proposition.

• Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

I saw Soldier in the Shipments. 2 shards for 100 crystals. Even that's a line ball proposition.

Man, I hate it when they do that 2 or 4 shard nonsense. Bunch of people sitting around making questionable decisions.
  • Options
    @Yesac do you have room in your guild? sounds like the place to be, haha
  • Options
    I've never intentionally aimed for Hoth shards, yet my Soldier and Scout are each close to 5* just from random AP draws. I actually like these events that require farming characters. It gives me an excuse to level-up characters I would normally never use.