Poe has legitimately been over-nerfed

13Next

Replies

• pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thrace wrote: »
    Sorry but this is just not true at the top level in arena. Every character you put on your team needs to bring a lot to the table to justify filling a spot on your roster. The faster they are, the more buffs, the more damage, the more debuffs all for the better. An arena fight is a race to the finish where you try to burn your opponent down faster than he burns you down.

Who would you rather have QGJ or Poe? Dooku or Poe? GS or Poe? Yoda or Poe? Rey or Poe? I could go on, but you get my point. He has no place anymore on a top team because there are MANY better options now. And that goes for all tanks, there is no place for them on the best teams you can craft. They are simply all too slow to taunt, get out out in front of some HEAVY damage in round 1, and do their 1 job - soak up hits. Poe's survivability was great before the nerf. He had high resists and a decent self heal that eventually added up allowing him to take more damage. He was doing his 1 job before.

Those of you saying he is still good are either on a new shard, have not faced top team comps or your shard has not caught up to the shift in meta. Give it some time but Poe will be phased out. If you're running Poe, your team is simply not going to be as good as it possibly can be.

Dooku or Poe? Seriously? Poe is still better. Yoda or Poe? Poe again.

"Those of you saying he is still good are either on a new shard, have not faced top team comps or your shard has not caught up to the shift in meta. Give it some time but Poe will be phased out. If you're running Poe, your team is simply not going to be as good as it possibly can be."

This is you trying to dismiss others as having a lesser opinion than you. Most of the top ten in my arena switched their teams within the first few hours of the update to take advantage of the QGJ double speed leadeship bug. Thousands of people spend thousands of dollars to be the best and they are not only in your leader board.
  • Options
    *lol* at the Poe abusers. Poe was so oped and you guys farmed him for it, KARMA
  • Options
    @pay2win

If you could hand pick your arena team, would you have Poe on it? I wouldn't.

If yes, ... why?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Personally i fail to see the relevance. Things will always happen that we are unaware of. Its kinda how games work. no one complains when its beneficial to them but lord help us all when its not-beneficial.

Poe was massivly overperforming, thats pretty much common knowledge at this point. The way he works now in my experience is closer to proper.
    Now, you have a shot at acting before him depending on team comp, now you have a shot at not being fully exposed, and now you have a shot at not having your turn meter manipulated.
    all these things can still happen and sonetimes do but at least now there is a shot to avoid some of it.

Poe is still a great toon and far superior to most of the others and still the best tank option probably.
    I see outcries over poes 400 health reduction lmfao this is the funniest part to me because when you have rey's, fotp's, etc critting over 11-12k well, your really worried about 400 health???? Seriously?????

Do i think they should have done less an watched for changes? YES, but they didnt so its whatever. Ppl jump on these bandwagons for one reason, its to ride the wave till it hits land. If it just hit land for you, then too bad, at least you rode the wave an got better rewards then players like me who didnt invest. Grats on that, by the way!!!!!!

Trust me, there is now a new bandwagon to jump on and it too is a wave heading for shore. Ride it while you can but understand it will crash into shore same as all waves do. Its our CHOICE to build or not so they owe us nothing if our choice dont work out as long as we'd like. Thats how these things work imo.

I say well done devs, poe seems well balanced now in my experience in my arena groups. The top all still use him and all still sit at the top but at least now, other teams without poe have a shot at a nice fight.
  • Options
    It's funny how we all thought Poe teams would be avoided when we read the patch notes. Now they're going to be hunted, just wait for people to star up a replacement.
  • Options
    @pay2win

If you could hand pick your arena team, would you have Poe on it? I wouldn't.

If yes, ... why?
    He would be in the rotation. Poe allows slower characters to catch up to some of the faster characters. Also, he allows some faster characters to go 2 times compared to the other teams 1.

Besides the turn meter reduction, he is also the fastest taunt in the game. This allows some protection through the match.
  • Options
    @pay2win

What do you mean he would be in rotation? Like every other battle, just on weekends? He's either in the game or on the bench.

In a match with your hand picked team against a top team, Poe's turn will come up near the end of the first turn out of the 10 characters in the battle. At that point a taunt won't matter as much as a 5k-10k crit, heal, assist or buff/debuff.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree but I am not talking about the partially slower teams you attack, but thise that are speedy. Imagine a team with maxed Rey, QGJ and GS. They all before and each can one shot IG-88. The only way to win is if the AI is horrible.
    The only one of those that has a guaranteed move before my team is QGJ, if he is the leader. GS is a coin toss with my GS and Rey moves after him, so does QGJ if he doesn't lead the team himself.

If my GS calls an assist, and if the assist crits, I move again. That guarantee me 2 attacks minimum in the first turn, at 149 speed, and up to 4-5 assuming I crit (which is roughly 65-68% crit chance for maxed droids under HK 47 lead): Geo attack,Geo's assisting character attack, guaranteed. If the assisting toon crit, that character attacks again, and then if it was 86, his assist, if it was HK47 or IG88, there is a chance that they get enough crits in the AOE to shoot again, single target.

If the enemy has QGJ, and he is attacking vs my helpless AI, yes, I'm probably toast. Me, and everyone else, probably, barring exceptional RNG luck. But when I attack that team of your example, his AI-Controlled QGJ has 80% chances to attack anyone not named Geonosian Soldier (plus a small chance that my Geo survives if targeted, through a lucky dodge or whatever). After he attacks, it's my turn, and I can even the fight, killing one of his chars. That's a big difference with the previous meta, when, after his Poe acts, he doesn't just attack me with QGJ. He does with Rey and GS too.

There are faster teams (Rebels, for example, or full-fast-jedis), but acting with several characters at speed 149 is good enough to be competitive. And, even better, it opens you different possibilities as a squad. I could add Poggle as a fifth member, but also could add QGJ (my favored choice), or Yoda, or Dooku, or Clone trooper Sargent -phase 1. All of them gain TM with his basic attacks 50% or more (or whenever called for assist, in dooku's case), and they have decent speed, and ways to help my droids. Far more diverse than "you have to get Poe because he is the only valid option" meta we had.
  • Options
    @pay2win

What do you mean he would be in rotation? Like every other battle, just on weekends? He's either in the game or on the bench.

In a match with your hand picked team against a top team, Poe's turn will come up near the end of the first turn out of the 10 characters in the battle. At that point a taunt won't matter as much as a 5k-10k crit, heal, assist or buff/debuff.

We can now see opponents teams. That gives us an option to adjust our team as needed.

Poe's turn will not come up toward the end unless you purposely choose to fight a team that will all go before him. He has counters now. That isn't a bad thing and doesn't make him useless.
  • Options
    @pay2win

He might have a use working your way up through the ranks. But are you going to put him in when you're looking at all QGJ(L) + jedi, Dooku, Sid, Rey/GS? It's not going to go well. I'm just talking about top comps vs top comps.
  • Options
    Now common on arena: Poe gets stunned by Dooku's 40% second stun chance.
    I want his tenacity back!
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Kesiss wrote: »

Studing and getting a PhD...it was so OP. Glad we live in a comunist country and that PhD made a smart mive by doing something better. He's salary must now be the same as one that studied nithing at all and does little good. We are equal.

Also, Income tax to 90% you knew it was coming in this comunist game. Yeah knew Apple was going to grow 10000% from 1998 and 2010...glad your earning are now my subsidy.

Yeah, glad that extra room you made was demolished by goverment. Like in a comunist country, you cannot build anither room. It's too OP. Then ither people may want karger rooms and would have to work. But since mist won, you are sent to proson and the additional construction is demolished.

Enjoy tour comunist attitude in America, the country that praises everything that you don't! Get any char! No reseach. Pick an average one and be a run if the mill. Papa goverment will ensure any "OP" Phd, investor or self-motivated smart individual can't anjoy anything in excess that the average guy.

Such a fair world. I cry tears of happiness knowing any good plan will get my chars to prisons in the next comunist nerf.

• Options
    "Nerf poe! Nerf poe! Nerf poe!"
    EA," ok"
    "You sneaky mother ****! I'll never spend another cent"
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    slampdx wrote: »
    "Nerf poe! Nerf poe! Nerf poe!"
    EA," ok"
    "You sneaky mother ****! I'll never spend another cent"

Thats accurate hahahahaha.
    Super pitiful that thats how it happened but pretty dead to rights hahahaha
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Studing and getting a PhD...it was so OP. Glad we live in a comunist country and that PhD made a smart mive by doing something better. He's salary must now be the same as one that studied nithing at all and does little good. We are equal.

Also, Income tax to 90% you knew it was coming in this comunist game. Yeah knew Apple was going to grow 10000% from 1998 and 2010...glad your earning are now my subsidy.

Yeah, glad that extra room you made was demolished by goverment. Like in a comunist country, you cannot build anither room. It's too OP. Then ither people may want karger rooms and would have to work. But since mist won, you are sent to proson and the additional construction is demolished.

Enjoy tour comunist attitude in America, the country that praises everything that you don't! Get any char! No reseach. Pick an average one and be a run if the mill. Papa goverment will ensure any "OP" Phd, investor or self-motivated smart individual can't anjoy anything in excess that the average guy.

Such a fair world. I cry tears of happiness knowing any good plan will get my chars to prisons in the next comunist nerf.

Wow take a deep breath lol
    You act like having poe in a team was some super secret original idea when in reality, most ppl with poe were just jumping on baord to ride the wave. Well, a thing about waves all should know....... You can ride em for a while but eventually they crash into land. Thats what happened to poe. You all knew full well when building him he would get nerf'd eventually (thats the reason you built him to begin with lmfao, because he needed a nerf) so when he finally got the deserved attention, you all then act like this is a shocker and unjust and you had no idea "but i invested in him" "i spent time/$ on gear" "i used mats on his abilitys" smh.

Those were your choices to make knowing full well what was coming. Lick your wounds and climb onto the next wave and ride it into the ground too (rinse/repeat) that way you'll always have something to tear up over. Or you can find unconvential things that are fun and work or better yet, do what i do and dont worry about any of it. Have fun with a team you actually like then you pretty much never have to worry about nerfs effecting you ;)

Not a single person saw the movie and said, "holy cow!!!!!!! I must download star wars games so that i can have that poe guy on my team" lmfao so everyone with poe was just riding the wave, nothing more, so no reason to care imo.
  • Options
    Great post @Qeltar
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Options

What the hell does communism to do with a balance patch made by a private corporation in a private game which works under free market assumptions?
    What's that, the communist version of Godwin's law?
  • Options
    CPMP hit the nail on the head. Quit whining. I don't have Poe yet, saw he got nerfed, still am farming him, he's still the fastest tank, he still taunts for 2 turns, and he still exposes their whole team. What more do you guys want? Every character has their role. Poe is still by far the best tanking character. Every other tank minus ST Han who people only farm because he's easier than Poe and Chewy for his self heal is 100% useless because of Poe's very existance. You don't like himmpost update? Run without a tank. Watch all of yor droids get smashed in the face turn one. This has been every videogame ever made. Someone runs one thing, it becomes a cookie cutter build, a patch nerfs it and people adapt. That's life. I ran a Warrior in Vanilla WoW. Trust me I know the struggle
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    What the hell does communism to do with a balance patch made by a private corporation in a private game which works under free market assumptions?

Believe it or not, that's only his second-most bizarre rant about Poe.
    And with that, this thread has jumped the sarlacc pit and I will ask for it to be closed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    @Abyss @slampdx

That's actually inaccurate. The Poe rage has been due to the misleading patch notes.
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    His heal for resist was what made me choose to farm him over Han when he was released.

Resisting and healing from dots, resisting and healing from attempts made to place heal immunity, that was his identity in my mind.

Now Sidious with 0 potency seems to land the healing immunity like a champ.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    @Abyss @slampdx

That's actually inaccurate. The Poe rage has been due to the misleading patch notes.

Misleading or innacute patch notes to me is a valid complaint, as soon as you tie that issue to a specific toon in reguards to wanting compensation due to investing in said toon and make it about the toon its a dif issue all together. Thats my point, and as i said on this thread or one of the orher thousands about poe.

Do they need to communicate better? YES
    Do they owe anyone anything reguarding poe in specific? NO
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

And with that, this thread has jumped the sarlacc pit and I will ask for it to be closed.

Lol agreed once again sir
  • Options

I am still farming Poe... Mine is at 5* halfway to 6*. I primarily run a Poggle droid team and he is critical to get my team to:
    rank 3 tonight
    1 yesterday
    2 the day before.

I want a 7* Poe because he makes evil GW battles a cakewalk... By having him at 7* I will be able to auto all of the battles until battle 8. The I bring in Poe to taunt while my droids go to work. He is still gold to me, and Han too.

Also, my server is old...

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

LoL
  • Options
    I agree, OP. Capital Games looks like fools the way they handled Poe.
  • Options
    Closed upon OP's request

FashionFett
This discussion has been closed.