Why are people still complaining about the GW?

Prev13
I've been playing since early December and I have completed 60+ GW straight. Everyday the galaxy war is a walk in the park for me and I don't even use Bariss. It's hard to understand that there are still PTP players struggling with it.

It's so easy if you understand the most basic principles

1 heal and cool down are the most important factors.
It's not about how powerful your A team is.

A team With too much power isn't going to last in GW. For instance if you use Sid Rey GS Lumi Poe most of the time you are not going to survive because you kill your early opponents too fast and you have no chance to cool down your specials!

In GW it's best to have just enough firepower to chip away your opponent one hero at a time so that you have enough turns to recharge. For example I use Lumi Daka GS Poe and Ewok elder. I have GS for damage, Lumi for heal, Daka and elder for revival and Poe for protection. I can beat 80% of the teams with this lineup, no substitutions and few retreats.

2 take out enemy heal blockers and glass canons first. They are the biggest threat in the GW. Sid, Rey , pilot should always be your early targets.

3 use suicide squad and B team to chip away the really powerful teams.

Suicide squad can counter powerful specials such as poe's taunt, Sid and Kylo 's AOE .

B team is for killing one or two toons on the powerful team.

That's pretty much it.

Replies

• Options
    You understand, that there are arena level teams? All the teams are level 70 with all characters at 7*. Very good characters often, well set up Arena dps teams (like Sid, Dooku, GS, Daka - all 7*). It's not always easy to just kill, let alone without casualties and cool downs. When there are like 8 battles in a row against level 70 7* teams, it's kind of difficult
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    You understand, that there are arena level teams? All the teams are level 70 with all characters at 7*. Very good characters often, well set up Arena dps teams (like Sid, Dooku, GS, Daka - all 7*). It's not always easy to just kill, let alone without casualties and cool downs. When there are like 8 battles in a row against level 70 7* teams, it's kind of difficult

Don't you think I have seen my share of levels 70 teams when I have completed 60 GW in a row?

And don't exaggerate when in fact there are only a few fully 7* teams in every GW run. Most of the teams are not entirely 7* and fully geared, especially the early teams.

There's a reason that you struggle with GW and the difficulty is not it.

• Options
    Want a cookie?
  • Options

Don't you think I have seen my share of levels 70 teams when I have completed 60 GW in a row?

And don't exaggerate when in fact there are only a few fully 7* teams in every GW run. Most of the teams are not entirely 7* and fully geared, especially the early teams.

Not if you rank high in arena and have a "powerful" team. I have 7* lvl 70 teams from node 6 to the end.

It was super easy for me until last week when I accidentally ranked 4th in arena...now it isn't impossible, but definitely a challenge.
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »

Not if you rank high in arena and have a "powerful" team. I have 7* lvl 70 teams from node 6 to the end.

It was super easy for me until last week when I accidentally ranked 4th in arena...now it isn't impossible, but definitely a challenge.

I don't think it has anything to do with arena rank. I finish top 1-3 every day and have for at least 3 weeks now. Prior to the update I coasted through GW with the same five toons. Recently it has been a real challenge. I have finished them all, but definitely something has changed.
  • Options

I got the first place finish in the arena 90% of the time for the last six weeks and the GW difficulty has been very consistent for me. Still don't have any problems with it whatsoever.

• Options

perhaps you have a lower arena rating than. I am always in top 5 on our server (sometimes fifth, sometimes third or first) - and I start getting all 7* teams from battle 3 or battle 4, and it continues till battle 12. Today I was able to complete it with great difficulty, yesterday I was not. Unbelievably hard - especially considering I don't have strong chromium chars, just f2p ones.
  • Options
    I've been playing since early December and I have completed 60+ GW straight. Everyday the galaxy war is a walk in the park for me and I don't even use Bariss. It's hard to understand that there are still PTP players struggling with it.

A team With too much power isn't going to last in GW. For instance if you use Sid Rey GS Lumi Poe most of the time you are not going to survive because you kill your early opponents too fast and you have no chance to cool down your specials!

In GW it's best to have just enough firepower to chip away your opponent one hero at a time so that you have enough turns to recharge. For example I use Lumi Daka GS Poe and Ewok elder. I have GS for damage, Lumi for heal, Daka and elder for revival and Poe for protection. I can beat 80% of the teams with this lineup, no substitutions and few retreats.

2 take out enemy heal blockers and glass canons first. They are the biggest threat in the GW. Sid, Rey , pilot should always be your early targets.

Suicide squad can counter powerful specials such as poe's taunt, Sid and Kylo 's AOE .

That's pretty much it.

The fact that you actually took the time and energy to type this out, as if nobody else had ever figured out some of these points as a viable strategy, speaks more about you as a person than as a player.

You've won 60+ GW. Whoopdee doo. Good for you. You are NOT alone.

But most people who win at GW consistently don't feel it is necessary to come here and belittle the community with a thread that basically says "everyone who complains about GW just sucks at the game."

I normally don't feed trolls, but I will make an exception for such a narcissistic, mean-spirited waste of forum bandwidth.

• Options

perhaps you have a lower arena rating than. I am always in top 5 on our server (sometimes fifth, sometimes third or first) - and I start getting all 7* teams from battle 3 or battle 4, and it continues till battle 12. Today I was able to complete it with great difficulty, yesterday I was not. Unbelievably hard - especially considering I don't have strong chromium chars, just f2p ones.

You definitely have a lower arena ranking and a weaker server than me. With the right team, you can leave the tough battle fully healed and completely cooled down. And you don't need to be a ptp to do it
  • Options

That's pretty much it.

The fact that you actually took the time and energy to type this out, as if nobody else had ever figured out some of these points as a viable strategy, speaks more about you as a person than as a player.

You've won 60+ GW. Whoopdee doo. Good for you. You are NOT alone.

But most people who win at GW consistently don't feel it is necessary to come here and belittle the community with a thread that basically says "everyone who complains about GW just sucks at the game."

I normally don't feed trolls, but I will make an exception for such a narcissistic, mean-spirited waste of forum bandwidth.

Speak for yourself. The only mean spirited troll in this thread is you. Calling me small when you are the one who twisted my words towards negativity. When did I say they suck at the game?

Does your arrogant self righteous response speak about your character?

Hypocrite much?

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OK tell me how to clear this. I'm lvl 57 and have a 6* sid and lumi, the rest are 5* or lower. I have full hp on my team and all my cooldowns up on all my characters. I generally lose 2-3 characters before I get an action.

jQdEkq3.jpg
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm in the same lucky boat as the OP, however, people that complain seem to be living through a different GW then us.

I'm level 70, several lvl 7 toons (that I don't even use in GW except for 7* JC, Sid and Lumi... excluding the last battle where I bust out my Arena team)

I don't face many hard teams, maybe 1-2 with 5 x 7* toons

I rank in top 15 everyday in Arena, so I'm convinced that theory is not true.

I do have a ton of unleveled toons tho, I think that may be why, I dunno, it would be the only logical explanation as to why I don't face maxed out squads early on.

Maybe they calculated the average strenght of all our toons? I dunno.
  • LouBaht
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well, the fact that you are able to finish GW is actually mainly because of luck.

You can't take your own experience as a universal truth.

GW appears to be kinda random, and I'm pretty sure no one face the same difficulty.

I've been like you, enjoying GW, finishing it daily, and easily.

But then I started (when I reached around lvl 55) to encounter teams ten lvl higher than me (like @medetec does) at early stages. From this day, GW has been nearly impossible for me to finish. I'm mean, I'm ranked #2 in Arena every day since a month or more, I'm always looking after new strategies, to improve my understanding of the game, etc, but facing top ten arena teams (Poe, QGJ, Rey, FOTP, Leia all full gear and 7*) since stage 3-6, however smart you are, you CAN'T beat it.

But some (very rare) days, it suddenly becomes pretty easy to clear as the difficulty, for no logical or evident reason drops very low. I guess it's the kind of experience you have with GW.

I too was wondering, before it happens to me, why people had such troubles to finish GW. I thought I might be a very good player and was way better than all the others complaining.

But then, I understood the reason of their frustration.

One last thing to say, enjoy clearing GW so easily ; cause it might not last very long.
  • Options
    If keeping ur guys alive for that long was that easy, no one would be complaining.
    But when people run two healers, no poe and theyre facing teams better than them, its no walk in the park. There are some battles when my toon will die in an instant.
    With 3 healers and poe, im sure its easy but u have to realize that most people have take their arena teams into GW and its a grind.

Just telling u this so that u dont do it again, this is a whale act. Im not calling u a whale becacuse thats for people who are always aholes, but this here is an act of whale. People complain. Everyone knows. Im part of that radical group. But that doesnt mean u post ur team and gloat about it.
    Ur post isnt trying to give advice, its just pure bragging and u know it
  • Options

That's pretty much it.

You are right and I share the same opinion with you.
    But one difference in my method is "Speed"

I use QGJ to lead because his second ability itself + another turn of Jedi and Sid can eliminate one most dangerous enemy.

My team setup in GW below
    QGJ lead
    Lumi and JC hor healer
    Sid for start quick
    Maul as main damage output

After new patch my Maul alway can alive from start to the end because of it life steal.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    OK tell me how to clear this. I'm lvl 57 and have a 6* sid and lumi, the rest are 5* or lower. I have full hp on my team and all my cooldowns up on all my characters. I generally lose 2-3 characters before I get an action.

jQdEkq3.jpg

Would love to help but I can't seem to see your photo. Will you tell me what team you are facing and star level?

• Options
    I'm in the same lucky boat as the OP, however, people that complain seem to be living through a different GW then us.

I'm level 70, several lvl 7 toons (that I don't even use in GW except for 7* JC, Sid and Lumi... excluding the last battle where I bust out my Arena team)

I do have a ton of unleveled toons tho, I think that may be why, I dunno, it would be the only logical explanation as to why I don't face maxed out squads early on.

I think a lot of people who have the easy mode don't understand suicide squads and other tips make no difference. I'm in the boat with the cat that posted the screenie. They are one shotting or at best two shotting my guys with basic attacks lol. There is no strategy for that. I quoted you because I wouldn't say a had a huge bench but I've got several toons I just haven't fooled with at low levels and I'm getting the ridiculous GWs too. It's funny because several 70s mention getting lower teams lol. I'll trade!
  • Options

jQdEkq3.jpg

Would love to help but I can't seem to see your photo. Will you tell me what team you are facing and star level?

Huh, wierd. OK, facing all lvl 70 7* sid lumi jc, 5* daka and 4* dooku. Given the gear discrepancy his entire team aside from JC goes before all my characters.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I think a lot of people who have the easy mode don't understand suicide squads and other tips make no difference. I'm in the boat with the cat that posted the screenie. They are one shotting or at best two shotting my guys with basic attacks lol. There is no strategy for that. I quoted you because I wouldn't say a had a huge bench but I've got several toons I just haven't fooled with at low levels and I'm getting the ridiculous GWs too. It's funny because several 70s mention getting lower teams lol. I'll trade!

then I have no idea!

guess i'm lucky for now!

lol

** yes it seems easier now for me, as I use to and HAD to send suicide squads. I don't have to anymore except maybe round 8-9, then easy breezy till final round.
  • Options
    LouBaht wrote: »
    Well, the fact that you are able to finish GW is actually mainly because of luck.

You can't take your own experience as a universal truth.

GW appears to be kinda random, and I'm pretty sure no one face the same difficulty.

I've been like you, enjoying GW, finishing it daily, and easily.

But then I started (when I reached around lvl 55) to encounter teams ten lvl higher than me (like @medetec does) at early stages. From this day, GW has been nearly impossible for me to finish. I'm mean, I'm ranked #2 in Arena every day since a month or more, I'm always looking after new strategies, to improve my understanding of the game, etc, but facing top ten arena teams (Poe, QGJ, Rey, FOTP, Leia all full gear and 7*) since stage 3-6, however smart you are, you CAN'T beat it.

But some (very rare) days, it suddenly becomes pretty easy to clear as the difficulty, for no logical or evident reason drops very low. I guess it's the kind of experience you have with GW.

I too was wondering, before it happens to me, why people had such troubles to finish GW. I thought I might be a very good player and was way better than all the others complaining.

But then, I understood the reason of their frustration.

One last thing to say, enjoy clearing GW so easily ; cause it might not last very long.

I had some tough days too. I can certainly understand the frustration going against much stronger teams continuously. But I believe the majority of the tough cases isn't about the GW setting , it's about the roster building approach and battle strategies. Of course you are not going to beat GW if you don't have the right characters.

• Options

then I have no idea!

guess i'm lucky for now!

lol

** yes it seems easier now for me, as I use to and HAD to send suicide squads. I don't have to anymore except maybe round 8-9, then easy breezy till final round.

Like they say, hard work pays off in the long run but luck pays off right now lol. I can't hate on you for getting the easy matches when that's what I want lol. Luckily my farming headache is in the Cantina so I'm not toooo stressed about it. But definitely some legit cases of it being ridiculous. Some legit cases of silly people claiming it falsely too I'm sure.
  • Options
    I can't finish the last battle of GW anymore. It's level 70 all 7*'s. I only have 2 7*'s and the rest mostly 4. And I'm level 67. S **** S!!!
  • Options
    If keeping ur guys alive for that long was that easy, no one would be complaining.
    But when people run two healers, no poe and theyre facing teams better than them, its no walk in the park. There are some battles when my toon will die in an instant.
    With 3 healers and poe, im sure its easy but u have to realize that most people have take their arena teams into GW and its a grind.

Just telling u this so that u dont do it again, this is a whale act. Im not calling u a whale becacuse thats for people who are always aholes, but this here is an act of whale. People complain. Everyone knows. Im part of that radical group. But that doesnt mean u post ur team and gloat about it.
    Ur post isnt trying to give advice, its just pure bragging and u know it

I'm sorry that my "advice" isn't filled with sugar with cream on top. I'm no whale and the team I suggested for the GW isn't that difficult for FTP to obtain.

I appreciate your kind words on how I should behave in this forum and you seem to know my intentions better than myself.

Take whatever you want from my comments. I learned much from other people's posts when they are not even intended as advice or labeled as such.

The people who love complaining will always complain. I'm not interested in changing or helping them in the least bit

• Options

jQdEkq3.jpg

Huh, wierd. OK, facing all lvl 70 7* sid lumi jc, 5* daka and 4* dooku. Given the gear discrepancy his entire team aside from JC goes before all my characters.

I can see it now. It seems you are so close to the end. I suggest you use your B team to focus on Dooku entirely. If you can take Dooku out without using your A team then you can bring out the best squad to remove Sid and the rest. Don't bring any Jedi to fight Dooku. It's not going to work. That's all I can offer without knowing more about your roster.
  • Options
    Stopped reading at "Everyday the galaxy war is a walk in the park for me". And no, I cant be **** to explain why
  • Options
    Stopped reading at "Everyday the galaxy war is a walk in the park for me". And no, I cant be **** to explain why

Yawn, whatever

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I got the first place finish in the arena 90% of the time for the last six weeks and the GW difficulty has been very consistent for me. Still don't have any problems with it whatsoever.

That's the problem. For whatever reasons, some players face very easy teams. Other players face 6-7 teams level 70 7* full of 1 hit KO chars such as Leia, Rey and QGJ/Geo.
    It might be the time zone you are, your leaderboards, the time of the day you play... we don't know. Just that some players face easier than others.
    Some players are facing teams 14 levels above theirs, with 7-8 more stars as a team. That's not doable without sacrificing a lot of toons. If you have to do that several times in a row, you run out of chars.

I have also easy GW. 36 GW in a row, started on christmas. But I know I could not beat through 8 teams of 7* QGJ, Leia, GS, Rey and Poe. I'm just thankful that I don't have to
  • Darth_Pigbreath
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yawn, whatever

I have no right to disrespect your post. I'm sorry
  • Options

Yawn, whatever

I have no right to disrespect your post. I'm sorry

No need to apologize, we both are free to disrespect whatever we want.