I am really impressed with phoenix squad

Replies

• Options
    I run Phoenix daily on my GW so I know how to run their kits but decided to hit auto for the fun of it. I'm on 2/6 battle with everyone but Zeb dead (because not all of their uniques are omega'd or leveled/geared all that well) and one Snowtrooper Ops left. And Zeb and the Snowtrooper are just going back and forth, it's hilarious. Zeb keeps getting pounded by the enemy AOE and he keeps recovering protection and he'll whittle down a bit of the trooper's health and then the trooper will stealth and gain it back. They've been going back and forth for like five minutes now. It's really entertaining.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    usho1 wrote: »
    Soooo, with sabine or chop ?

Pretty much always Chopper. The damage output from her doesnt make up for the loss of utility and survivability from Chop.

Thanks for the response
  • Options
    Phoenix definitely gets undeserved dismissal from many. I run them for all but the toughest battles in GW, speeding up my time spent there (Jedi are my main team), and keeping my Jedi in better shape for tough squads.

Phoenix also does great for me in HAAT. My gear 11 Jedi, with decent speed, can manage 2-400K, depending on the phase. My gear 9-10 Phoenix, with almost 0 speed mods, put out 4-800K, depending on the phase.

Phoenix also can get both Palp and Thrawn to 7*. Truly, they're quite worth the investment, and I'm still investing.
  • Options
    Mine Phoenix squad was all g8 to get me Thrawn, but I figured that I needed to invest in them (as I don't have an R1 team at the moment) to help out. Got Chopper to 10 and Hera and Ezra to 9. Modded them pretty well and figured I could at least see how far I got in the Phoenix mission. Finished the thing with loads of protection left. I was sufficiently impressed (and happy that I don't have to invest carbantis into Kanan and Zeb!)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I hope this encourages more people to run them in Arena, because they're easy pickings there. I can't hit the "battle" button fast enough when one shows up.

Wow you so hard.... or not cause you see them in range in arena
  • TVF
    36757 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I hope this encourages more people to run them in Arena, because they're easy pickings there. I can't hit the "battle" button fast enough when one shows up.

Wow you so hard.... or not cause you see them in range in arena

I hope English is not your first language. I'm not trying to insult you, I genuinely have no idea what you are trying to say here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    Phoenix also can get both Palp and Thrawn to 7*. Truly, they're quite worth the investment, and I'm still investing.

I think a lot of the hate towards Phoenix Squad comes from folks who are at or near the end of the game already and were used to new characters being pitched towards their needs. They don't get that if you're a new player, the characters you get early on are wholly insufficient in this era and Phoenix Squad is a major upgrade.

I don't use my Phoenix Squad very often because I have Resistance for Galactic War already and jedi for Arena, and get by just fine in other game areas without them. But I've been playing since February of 2016. Not everyone has that luxury of time, and they get solid use out of Phoenix Squad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    usho1 wrote: »
    Soooo, with sabine or chop ?

Chop
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Couldn't beat the 6th wave on P5 today, the troopers got so many turns they overwhelmed the squadron. They did great until then, that was their first loss. I hope I'll be able to do well during their mission in P6. I'm a bit worried I have to admit...

My squad:
    Hera (L) G9, Ezra G10, Kanan G8, Zeb G8, Chopper G8 with meh mods
  • Options
    Sounds like p6 is a huge jump in difficulty, especially for phoenix. G8 teams are getting as far as g9/10teams
  • Options
    I went overboard on hera, gear 11, the rest are gear 8. I have not yet lost a combat mission with them. More than I can say about my gear11 jedi and gear 10 rebels.
    I prefer sabine for the offense, chopper is more defensive and does just as well.

• Options
    They do good in the rancor and he and tb mine are all seven stars and level 82 and gear 8 or 9
  • ExarKun982000
    165 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    That's supposed to say gw kitten autocorrect
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    So basically we need to nerf Dark Side and Empire. I'm down!
    Real Old Timers and Misfits - Officer

OldGreybeard 763-474-659
  • Options
    Phoenix are by no means a bad squad. They are just not Arena or Raid viable, which makes them really niche.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I just love how quickly they are able to reset Strafing Run. Being able to use that every wave is awesome
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be in "Arena and character strategy?"
    No. This isn't someone asking "How do Ibeat this team?" Or "Which of the six should I not use?" It's just someone generally discussing being surprised by the squad they don't normally use.
    Am I crazy?
    Yes.

Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    A guildmate finished 6/6 with G11,G10 and the rest G8.

Something to keep in mind, there's quite a bit of RNG with the skulls thus the difficulty. Another guildmate got 6 skulls on the last phase of one of the combats and didn't clear it even with all G11.

On my phoenix run, 4th stage got 2 exploding skull droids and was wiped out on their first turn.
  • Options
    I did 5/6 and realized after that I left Kanan and Hera without a single mod. I've never played with them at all except the required events.

Just for discussion purposes they are all 7*
    Ezra Gear VIII level 85
    Kanan Gear VII level 71
    Zeb Gear VI level 73
    Hera Gear VIII level 79
    Chopper Gear VIII level 73
  • Options
    Always been a fan. Very underrated team.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhp2DFrgqg
  • Options
    I went overboard on hera, gear 11, the rest are gear 8. I have not yet lost a combat mission with them. More than I can say about my gear11 jedi and gear 10 rebels.
    I prefer sabine for the offense, chopper is more defensive and does just as well.

What are you running as your standard rebels? I am using CLS lead .... and it is a dream come true!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the outcome of the battle is pretty RNG dependent. Guildmate finished 6/6 with a worse phoenix squadron than mine. While he might or might not have used a superior strategy, i got absolutely crushed in the final, the only button i got to press was the strafe followed by special on special on special on special -> my whole team dead.
    i'm a bit salty because it ruined my perfect combat mission score ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    I just love how quickly they are able to reset Strafing Run. Being able to use that every wave is awesome

Reason for that is the same reason they aren't really arena or raid viable, but good for TB with more encounters.

They are a low damage, survival based squad. They kill by a thousands cuts and can heal spread out damage.

If they get focused, then come down pretty hard. This tends to happen on those Commander + trooper teams where you see nothing but AOE, and assists.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it's was the Devs' intent.

Every faction has a purpose, albeit some have none that are noteworthy at the moment. So if this faction is not good "here", it's going to do ok over "there". Example Clones, I rarely see full Clone teams in the Arena and GW, but obviously people use them in the Raids.

Phoenix Squad isn't "meta", but they do ok, especially for those who want Thrawn. I seen Phoenix Squads in my Arena (#500-#1000).

If mine were all geared and leveled up, I'd been better off. Alas, I had to rely on my Jedi team as my #2, and they don't get the TB Rebel Bonuses.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    I have all Phoenix characters and have them at 6* can anyone suggest what would be best 5 to use and minimum gear levels for thrawn and palpatine Tks
  • Deanolavorto91
    245 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Search function-Use it to look up Thrawn/Palp teams.
  • Options
    Ok Tks
  • Options
    Did anyone try Phoenix today in the last round? Would like to know if finish gearing them could 6/6 in phase 6.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I couldn't finish the mission in P6, I got wiped out during the 5th wave by those commanders buffing each others.

My squad:
    Hera (L) G9, Ezra G10, Kanan G8, Zeb G8, Chopper G8 with meh mods

But I can see me coming back to gearing them up. I like underdogs...