I am really impressed with phoenix squad

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    I really enjoy Phoenix squad. Hope they get some zetas! I focused on gearing Ezra to g12 and use him in my arena and went for g8/9 with the rest (using sabine over the bucket). I can 6/6 the TB special mission and just play around with them in GW. Ezra is a great toon for Yoda, Thrawn, potential Jedi rework and lots of other areas.

I also just did 6 mil with Wedge Biggs CLS leia and ezra in HAAT p4 :)). Happy farming and bring out more teams with this kind of Synergy. Well done!
  • Options
    I find them to be absolute trash. I’ve raised gear to 9-11 and modded
    And get crushed every time in thrawn. I read of success but don’t for a second understand how anyone gets anywhere in this. Frankly **** I’ve spent so much time on these laughable rooms for something they apparently have no ability to combat
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Daddyl wrote: »
    And get crushed every time in thrawn. I read of success but don’t for a second understand how anyone gets anywhere in this. Frankly **** I’ve spent so much time on these laughable rooms for something they apparently have no ability to combat

If you cant beat the thrawn event with g11 phoenix, you’re doing something wrong
  • Options
    Im only level 70, but i thought for sure i could at least beat Thrawn at 6*, but i cant, and it's bumming me out. I've dumped everything in them since i started, but i guess being level 70 is hurting me and it's just not enough.

Hera 6* G8
    Kanan 7* G8
    Chopper 6* G7
    Zeb 7* G8
    Ezra 6* G7

Decent enough mods and all abilities 6's and 7's. But it's just not enough. I thought for sure i could, cuz 5* was easy.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Im only level 70, but i thought for sure i could at least beat Thrawn at 6*, but i cant, and it's bumming me out. I've dumped everything in them since i started, but i guess being level 70 is hurting me and it's just not enough.

Hera 6* G8
    Kanan 7* G8
    Chopper 6* G7
    Zeb 7* G8
    Ezra 6* G7

Decent enough mods and all abilities 6's and 7's. But it's just not enough. I thought for sure i could, cuz 5* was easy.

Their rarity and gear might be enough for tier 6 if they were level 85, but not if they’re only 70
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Hera 6* G8
    Kanan 7* G8
    Chopper 6* G7
    Zeb 7* G8
    Ezra 6* G7

Their rarity and gear might be enough for tier 6 if they were level 85, but not if they’re only 70

What do u mean by rarity?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Hera 6* G8
    Kanan 7* G8
    Chopper 6* G7
    Zeb 7* G8
    Ezra 6* G7

What do u mean by rarity?
    Stars
  • Options
    I actually like the squad, too! I wish g9 8* was enough to 7* Thrawn :(
  • Options
    I actually like the squad, too! I wish 7* g9 was enough to 7* Thrawn :(

• Options
    I have them 7 Star. 3 g 8’s and 2 g 10’s. That’s as far as I am going to go. I watch the show. Do not like them in the game.
  • Options
    Well one nice thing I've found farming Phoenix is that now I have a third legitimate Galactic War squad. They are my C squad and I beat the first 10 nodes with them this morning before having to switch to my B squad to finish off GW. For the first time, I didn't need to use my A squad. So I'm good with having to farm Phoenix. Two squads don't get the job done sometimes on GW.
  • Options
    I've got 2g10, 1g9, and 2g8 in the phoenix squad I'm running and I wiped the floor with thrawn in the 7* mission. I also use them every phase in tb and usually hit 5/6 in phase 6 combat. I think they are great. They have more utility outside arena than any other squad I've run.
  • Options
    Combat takes too long with Phoenix , so slow and dull.
    I do love the synergy of shared uniques but the dps output is weak, they are hard to equip.
    For the cost to set up there are way better options.
    Phoenix is still totally redundant in arena.
    Phoenix still need work, or at least add Choppers assist to all.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I hope this encourages more people to run them in Arena, because they're easy pickings there. I can't hit the "battle" button fast enough when one shows up.

I've never seen a Phoenix team in the arena, and I never will.

I see four or five in the 200-300 range where I usually live.

I laugh if I see a Phoenix team, they are still incredibly weak.
    Who will use them? The cost to get to gear 9 is crazy expensive and awful grind

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Phoenix is pretty cool. Finally actually tried them out in manual battles going for 7* Thrawn. As a result of jacking them up, I now use them as a burner squad to auto battle nodes 1-5, 7-8, 10, and broken 12 in Galactic War so I can save my sweet resistence and rebel squads for the harder nodes.

In addition as a result of G9 ing Ezra and Hera to get my 7* Thrawn, Phoenix has blessed me with a two more usable light side ships, a sweet Chimaera capital ship, and its going to help with TB missions and filling platoons. The TV show is pretty awesome as well.

For farts sake, Phoenix does not stink!

aktgZZg.gif
  • Options
    I don't think anyone can really add to what @Winstar just did there. Time to close the thread.
  • Options
    How much can you write about phoenix squad?? Jesus this thread makes me sick
  • Options
    Just finished the final mission of AOW all g8 except for g9 Ezra. Used Sabine instead of chopper but had to put my best arena mods on them and took about 6-7 tries
  • Options
    Daddyl wrote: »
    And get crushed every time in thrawn.

Then the fault is with you, not your characters.

• Options
    Can this thread please be closed? It's been on general for ages. If the title wasn't complimentary and sucking up to Pheonix it would have been moved to a sub-forum ages ago.
  • Options
    They aren't good. I wish I did not have to put any resources into them.
  • Options
    If this thread keeps showing up its gonna be the new august lol.. It was ok at first but now.. :|
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Its not like devs or mods are the ones bumping it. Apparently theres enough opinion on phoenix to keep the discussion going
  • Options
    Why hasn't this thread moved to feedback characters?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

i had a good time reading tbh. A player's position on phoenix is a rather good indication on what kind of player he or she is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

i had a good time reading tbh. A player's position on phoenix is a rather good indication on what kind of player he or she is.

Yeah, to the extent that he or she is the kind of player that does or doesn't like Phoenix.
  • Options
    At first I thought Phoenix was horrible, but with the release of TB I see what the devs were going for and they’re godly on TB no question about it. What people need to remember is there are different parts of the game and not everything is going to be amazing on PvP, but they will be useful elsewhere.

I’m not only happy with Phoenix for TB I’m considering gearing them for their ships! I think a lot of people should take a more in-depth look at the Phoenix ships because their kits aren’t too bad
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Options
    PX definitely seems to be the best "starter kit" team out there. Great for GW early given all the survivability. Required for TB in a few nodes and good in TB for nodes they aren't required. Is the key to the DS for EP and Thrawn and now Thrawn's cap ship. It's a solid team.