I am really impressed with phoenix squad

Replies

• Options
    They are absolutely underrated. They get a bad rap because they are hard to gear and weren't arena worthy at time of release. But they are still really good.

They're not underrated. They've always been acknowledged as being good at this kind of mulitple-round combat events including Galactic War. And they're often recommended for people just starting to play this game because they're versatile, capable of doing more at lower gear/mod levels than most, and required for Thrawn and used for EP.

They're just terrible in Arena past a certain arena maturity level (~lvl 85).

• Options
    Gonna have to spend some time with Phoenix in GW, they sound interesting but look a lot more complex to use than other team setups.
  • Options
    I wouldn't change my phoenix squad they are great. Not going to lie a pain to level up but well worth it so far. Mine made it through most of TB doing all 6 stages
    Photo%2006-09-2017%2C%2016%2033%2054.png?dl=0
  • Options
    They are excellent in TB because rebels get extra bonuses there. They are ok elsewhere without the bonuses. Requiring Hera for sharing of uniques hurts the team too much. Here's leadership needs tweaking and any two Phoenix should be able to share passive with each other automatically like with ANY other faction with similar mechanic e.g. Imperial troopers , first order
  • Options
    Mine are all G8-9 now so I can finish out GAT when he comes back. None were modded, so I threw everything half-way decent in my extra mods pile on them and auto'ed for 5/6 like many others have said.

I still don't like them. At all. I have no intention of using them elsewhere, and refuse to give them credit for being anything but tedious, cash-grabby, gear sucking, angst ridden whiners.

But in TB points is points, and my pragmatism is stronger than my moral high ground. :wink:
  • Options
    7_GSTF wrote: »
    I went overboard on hera, gear 11, the rest are gear 8. I have not yet lost a combat mission with them. More than I can say about my gear11 jedi and gear 10 rebels.
    I prefer sabine for the offense, chopper is more defensive and does just as well.

What are you running as your standard rebels? I am using CLS lead .... and it is a dream come true!

Not the goods ones Lol ;) nor jedi. But am working on it. Got my CLS to gear 11 so am getting there. For sure I need better mods.
  • Options
    Considering how useless I thought mine were, I was also surprised by how well they did in TB. Mine are only gear VII and their levels range from 63 to 70, so their important uniques are far from maxed. Also, the hardest hitting phoenix toon Ezra, I only have at 5 stars, so I couldn't even use the best phoenix toon in the phoenix mission. Anyway, they simply have a fantastic survivability, with their shared uniques, where they constantly recover health and protection, and their abilities where they give each other protection up and more, and on top of that they also got the TB rebel bonus which provided them with even more protection up.

Even though I find them a bit tedious to use, as one constantly has to select target allies for so many of their abilities, I definitely plan to level and gear them up, considering how useful they'll no doubt become throughout the territory battles. Hopefully I'll start enjoying them more once they become powerful, and I learn more about how to use them best.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I hope this encourages more people to run them in Arena, because they're easy pickings there. I can't hit the "battle" button fast enough when one shows up.

I've never seen a Phoenix team in the arena, and I never will.

I see four or five in the 200-300 range where I usually live.

There's about 4-5 in my top 20. But I'm in a new shard. I have them all 7* and gear 9. They walk through GW for me because of protection boosts and regen most of the time they never even lose health.

Same with TB. They cleared every combat mission I put them in.
  • Options
    So far Phoenixes have been hitting like noodles and are awfully expensive to gear. So i'd say they're quite expensive noodles.

Hopefully i have a G11 Ezra but seeing all five retaliating for so few damages is beyond depression.
  • Options
    So far Phoenixes have been hitting like noodles and are awfully expensive to gear. So i'd say they're quite expensive noodles.

Hopefully i have a G11 Ezra but seeing all five retaliating for so few damages is beyond depression.

They are ridiculous to gear. I don't plan on taking them any further. My main motivation to farm was just for Thrawn, from what I read, to 7* him requires them at gear 9 minimum.
  • Options
    Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    They are excellent in TB because rebels get extra bonuses there. They are ok elsewhere without the bonuses. Requiring Hera for sharing of uniques hurts the team too much. Here's leadership needs tweaking and any two Phoenix should be able to share passive with each other automatically like with ANY other faction with similar mechanic e.g. Imperial troopers , first order

I'm betting they were made that way so people would have to use Hera as their leader instead of Wedge, Jyn Erso, Commander Luke etc.
  • Options
    The only thing I have against Phoenix squad is how many mrk III carbantis they need at G7
  • Options
    PhoenixRvX wrote: »

They are ridiculous to gear. I don't plan on taking them any further. My main motivation to farm was just for Thrawn, from what I read, to 7* him requires them at gear 9 minimum.

Everything I read said that gear 7 or 8 was fine as long as you used chopper, but you need at least gear 9 if you use Sabine.

I too have farmed mine up for Thrawn, have them all level 85 gear 7 with level 7 abilities. Didn't bother to farm more gear for them as I know I can hit gear 8 on all of them in under a week of farming.

All that being said, I may just gear them up more now that they are so useful in TB... once I finish gearing my "hero" characters.
  • Options
    PhoenixRvX wrote: »

Some got him with G8 Phoenix except from Ezra, who needs better gear since he's the only one who hits hard enough.
    G9 gear wall is tedious as hell and quite funnily not noob friendly at all as opposed to some comments.

Phoenix is an utterly expensive faction with really poor results. Resistance is a far better high end investment.
  • Options
    I have them all at g8 except Ezra g10.

And I need 7 stun guns and about 11 carbantis to get them to g9. That's gonna take awhile.
  • Options
    I have the following Phoenix squad:

- Hera: g9
    - Zeb: g8
    - Ezra: g10
    - Chopper: g10
    - Kanan: g8

Will hopefully have Zeb and Kanan g9 soon too - got all their abilities omegad except Heras Backup Plan and got some decent speed mods on Ezra and Chopper. I know that most people use Sabine for DPS, but I have found that this combination works fine and due to all the prot and health regen, taunting and countering this team has great survivability.

They were undoubtedly my star team in TB and I 6/6'd each combat mission I used them in! I also use them regularly in GW

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have them all G8 (except Chopper) and need about 200 more shards to have them all 7* for next GAT event. Hopefully with ok mods on them that will be enough.
  • Options
    TurgonGW wrote: »

Will hopefully have Zeb and Kanan g9 soon too - got all their abilities omegad except Heras Backup Plan and got some decent speed mods on Ezra and Chopper. I know that most people use Sabine for DPS, but I have found that this combination works fine and due to all the prot and health regen, taunting and countering this team has great survivability.

They were undoubtedly my star team in TB and I 6/6'd each combat mission I used them in! I also use them regularly in GW

I look at the difference between using sabine and chopper like this.

Using Sabine upgrades Phoenix from a 9mm pistol to a 10mm pistol.
    Using Chopper gives you unlimited ammo for your 9mm. The Sabine team runs out.
  • SolidStripes
    580 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Woodroward wrote: »

Every situation is different, sometimes you need enough firepower for a kill before heal/ stealth/ foresight or other buffs get applied. Any combo of phoenix is viable in general :)
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Every situation is different, sometimes you need enough firepower for a kill before heal/ stealth/ foresight or other buffs get applied. Any combo of phoenix is viable in general :)

Phoenix are all about survivability and you need Chopper for that. Without Chopper this team isn't tough enough and since they don't rely much on damages, you'll need that extra time to beat your opponent.

Sabine unique isn't much interesting since Hera, Chopper, Kanan or Zeb aren't doing enough damage to benefit from such a buff. If she or Ezra dies early because of low survivability and really bad tanks, you're pretty much screwed.

With Chopper you also have extra dispell, TM reduction and a really fast toon - Sabine's armor debuff isn't as game changing as that. G12 also makes him tough as hell (if one is wealthy enough to gear a Phoenix that much). Kanan is a terrible tank and relying only upon him is a very bad move but one needs counter attacks so... There's not much choice. :p
  • Options
    Choppers tm reduction is useful, has another dispell besides ezra, reduces cooldowns, adds buffs, and recovers health. I'm not dissing on him at all. I just prefer to use sabine.

Ive been using phoenix in GW since they were mere 3* defeating 7* gear 10 teams, granted not the meta teams, but much more powerful teams.

Ive modded them with protection, zeb gives them 20% prot recovery every turn, they rarely lose health at all, so chopper's healing isnt even needed. I can taunt with kanan so sabine and ezra don't take hits and give kanan backup plan.

Sabine hits hardest when enemy tm is low near zero. Using hera to call an assist increases that damage, If armor shred is there even more.

My favorate move is with hera and ezra. Ezra calls hera to assist, hera strikes (if healthiest gets exposed) and then ezra strikes, usually twice. Because hera is support they both gain 40% tm and because ezra used a special gains additional 20% tm so gets 60% tm. Heras usually up next for another attack then ezra for another strike or two.
  • Options
    Kanan is a terrible tank and relying only upon him is a very bad move but one needs counter attacks so... There's not much choice. :p

Absolute truth. I wish they had swapped unique's between Kanan and Sabine. Then this would be "Phoenix squad, and the blind, irrelevant dude." :blush:

• Options
    Why
  • Options
    They are absolutely underrated. They get a bad rap because they are hard to gear and weren't arena worthy at time of release. But they are still really good.

Yeah you are right.

I am using Ezra (G12) in my Arena Team under CLS Lead.
    He is a beast and gets me at everyday's payout to Rank 1.
  • Options
    I could 3-star both levels of the Military Might event with my Phoenix squad. I'm very happy about that.
  • Options
    Still, mediocre team at the best. If only we can choose use phoenix or resistance squad, that is better. Phoenix doesn't even fight at Hoth in ESB, same as resistance. But at least i am stronger in resistance rather that phoenix. Just my personal opinion.. oh well :frowning:
  • Options
    Whipped emporer seven star they are good in galactic war and rancor raid and territory battles
  • Options
    No one is impressed with them but hey keep getting shoved down our throats in every aspect. Pathetic...
  • Options
    @Theorose what's your setup? I'll use CLS Ezra Leia r2 go in arena and I just love it.