How do you see you and the game in 2 years?

Replies

• Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    tune wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    It could be around easily if devs continue to mKe inprovments and we continue funding it enough to make it worthwhile.
    The incessant complaining and threatening to boycott and trying to rally other ppl to feel how "you boycotters" do is surely counterproductive in the longevity though.

One thing is clear, we almost all love star wars to some degree which is why we play, all we have to fo is be understanding and constructive and the longevity will follow.

Basically if you don't fight it won't hurt as much? You might even learn to enjoy it?

Not that. As customers we should all have a voice, whether positive or negative. I think abyss meant more along the lines of how peeps are posting that negative feedback. Constructive criticism is needed, but peeps just need to learn how to word it. When a dev checks these forums and sees some of the rants in multiple threads on one subject, I'm sure it can be a turn off for them.

Always keep fighting for your beliefs, just in a constructive way. Goes a lot farther with peeps, not just in this game, but life also.

They ignore all criticism, constructive or otherwise. And it doesn't matter if it is a turn off. This is their job.

I wasn't so much commenting on who does there job or not. Just trying to further explain and add to a post made.

I have said in another thread that this forum is lacking serious communication between devs and players. Even if is not the answer we are looking for, any answer would satisfy me personally. I'm sure this game is making enough money for ea to have 1-2 full time peeps here helping with questions and making the forum a bit more organized.

But also, there actions will not dictate how I express myself. Whether they are doing their job or not, it gives no right to someone to rant and cuss about things the way some on here do. If there is something in my life that makes me that mad or angry that I need to express myself that way, I for one would remove it from my life. Not let it get the best of me and look like a fool.

And it is no ones "job" to be cussed at and talked to in any demeaning way. Peeps have real lives and real problems that I for one don't want to add to because I don't like the way they are doing things. I will just simply move on.
  • Options
    So I play Marvel Puzzle Quest. It has been around over 2 years. And it's a simple match 5 game. And people have been complaining from day one on everything imaginable.

Many here seems to think they are whizzes at business and on customer loyalty, advertising, marketing, and gameplay longevity. You are not. And even if you run a business, you do not run a mobile game business. This game is fine, will be fine, and it will last. Just because Joe Schmo whale says he is going to quit means nothing.

And nobody says they are ignoring us. If you think they have time to respond to everyone, especially posters who simply complain because they want want want, or don't like something, you are sadly mistaken. I really really wish that they would NOT read the forums whatsoever. For every constructive post, there are 50 non-constructive ones.
  • Fabzorz
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You guys make it seem like this is the end-all-be-all of Star Wars games to come out. There will be more. Oh there will be so many more. This, Star Wars: Uprising, Star Wars: Commander (which actually has advertising), and Lego Star Wars are just the start. Hell, there are already two more Star Wars app games set to come out 2016.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Game has potential... Live fighting, more characters, more members in a team, but most importantly value that does not get taken away on regular basis.

Great addition would be ability to "travel" to different servers ("galaxies") or beating members with bounties on their head, ability to trade items/shards, or even offer bounties for beating someone... Add those every other month and you generate enough interest to continue playing...
  • Options
    Most of the collectible mobile games don't last that long they are based on getting people to buy new cards and that requires constant damage creep and keep bringing out bigger and better toons until people eventually quit.
  • Options
    I'm personally quite optimistic for the longevity of the game. But, I would be, right? :)

I wish I could share all the cool stuff coming down the road, but for various reasons I can't.

We are actively listening in the forums and taking what actions we can as quickly as we can, along with developing new and exciting experiences.

So, yeah... from where I'm sitting the future is very bright for the game! B)
  • Options
    I'm personally quite optimistic for the longevity of the game. But, I would be, right? :)

I wish I could share all the cool stuff coming down the road, but for various reasons I can't.

We are actively listening in the forums and taking what actions we can as quickly as we can, along with developing new and exciting experiences.

So, uh, if the next character's name starts with an "A", cough now. A "B" cough now...
  • Options
    slampdx wrote: »
    Divorced

lol
  • Options

I honestly do believe you all are in it for the long haul, but this is a fickle industry.
  • Options
    They ignore all criticism, constructive or otherwise. And it doesn't matter if it is a turn off. This is their job.

Just because change is slow or not what the loudest whiners have wanted doesn't mean that the criticisms are ignored.

you can't please everyone. For every person that thinks Poe was nerfed into uselessness, there are 2 that think he wasn't nerfed enough and 1 that thought he needed a buff.

• Options
    Aggropox wrote: »
    You guys either want the game to not succeed or pessimistic?. You guys know there is atleast 1 star wars movie coming out every year?. There is a talk that they may release 2 movies per year combine that with how addictive this game is, it's going to be around for a long time.

Or maybe you are just naive. The reality is a lot of these games have a high turnover rate. It will eventually become less of a money maker and EA is notorious for shutting down servers when the next iteration comes out. Any one of those movies could spawn an entirely new game.

They could decide that instead of adding vehicle combat to this game that they could actually make a new game. Things change and stuff happens. I believe their intentions are to be around for a while, but none of us know for sure.

Naive?, How?. You didn't think the game would stay stagnant exactly the way it is without improvements and features did you?. The game is still in its infancy. Logically, the game being so young, it will improve.
  • Options
    The game will probably die out 6 to 12 months from now
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    It could be around easily if devs continue to mKe inprovments and we continue funding it enough to make it worthwhile.
    The incessant complaining and threatening to boycott and trying to rally other ppl to feel how "you boycotters" do is surely counterproductive in the longevity though.

One thing is clear, we almost all love star wars to some degree which is why we play, all we have to fo is be understanding and constructive and the longevity will follow.

Basically if you don't fight it won't hurt as much? You might even learn to enjoy it?

Certainly not, but threatening to quit/boycott/ or whatever is counterproductive. Instead, try being constructive. Offer suggestions and ideas on ways to "fix" or improve the gane rather then incessantly complaining about what you dont like
    (By "you" i mean the community)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Not that. As customers we should all have a voice, whether positive or negative. I think abyss meant more along the lines of how peeps are posting that negative feedback. Constructive criticism is needed, but peeps just need to learn how to word it. When a dev checks these forums and sees some of the rants in multiple threads on one subject, I'm sure it can be a turn off for them.

Always keep fighting for your beliefs, just in a constructive way. Goes a lot farther with peeps, not just in this game, but life also.

Exactly, its about presentation. You catch more bees with honey as the saying goes. Its about perception. If you come at me negative, im instantly in a position where im unable to listen effectivly (basic psychology). If you criticize politely or offer ideas/suggestions rather then complaints/threats then your far more likely to be taken serious and listened to.
  • Options
    Aggropox wrote: »
    You guys either want the game to not succeed or pessimistic?. You guys know there is atleast 1 star wars movie coming out every year?. There is a talk that they may release 2 movies per year combine that with how addictive this game is, it's going to be around for a long time.

Or maybe you are just naive. The reality is a lot of these games have a high turnover rate. It will eventually become less of a money maker and EA is notorious for shutting down servers when the next iteration comes out. Any one of those movies could spawn an entirely new game.

They could decide that instead of adding vehicle combat to this game that they could actually make a new game. Things change and stuff happens. I believe their intentions are to be around for a while, but none of us know for sure.

Naive?, How?. You didn't think the game would stay stagnant exactly the way it is without improvements and features did you?. The game is still in its infancy. Logically, the game being so young, it will improve.

I explained how you could possibly be naive in my previous post. Other than that I don't know what to tell you as I never said anything remotely close to implying that the game couldn't improve. There are a lot more factors involved than just improvements. The reality is that a lot of these games come and go for whatever reasons. It is just another way to look at the situation.
  • Options

I hope you guys include cross platforming in the future because technology is improving every year and we cannot avoid the fact that we will use other platforms aside from what we are using right now, me for example im playing galaxy of heroes in my 5s and i just bought a samsung S6 even if i want to play this game in a larger screen im stuck here using my 5s because crossplatforming is not supported.
  • Options
    6FCAF0DD-F7D1-4893-9593-85F4F07A7DB2_zpsrcdnqkgg.jpg

This definitely is the best post of the day :lol!
  • Options
    I don't even know where I see MYSELF in 2 years!

A lot can happen ;)
  • Options
    This game will never last 2 years at the rate it is going. They would have to change the meta multiple times and would receive extreme rage from the customers. Maybe if they learn from Clash of clans, they can survive longer. Or get better at keeping us on a hook, like....

Soon, we will be releasing three new characters!
    Darth revan, darth bane, and darth plageus!
    These characters will come by the end of this month, releasing one per 10 days.

Do that for 24 months and everyone will be hooked and ready for the new characters.
  • Options
    XCOM wrote: »
    Game has potential... Live fighting, more characters, more members in a team, but most importantly value that does not get taken away on regular basis.

Great addition would be ability to "travel" to different servers ("galaxies") or beating members with bounties on their head, ability to trade items/shards, or even offer bounties for beating someone... Add those every other month and you generate enough interest to continue playing...

Great point and for everyone saying that Uprising was a good game and this is a money grab, do some self evaluation. That game is the definition of a money grab (i.e. build a hero and buy generic gear that turns into different colors or gets a new "class" every update). I played Force Collection too but Konami let that game implode due to all the hackers and frivolous spending from the stupid different renditions of the same darth Vader card with different art.

All in all this is the best Star Wars game out there for F2P and P2P even with all the nerfing Poe, etc, etc whining. This is also coming from a gamer that thinks EA literally took a massive dump on the battlefront franchise with this last game and the countless debacles of nerfs and patches (or lack there of) to that game. The devs have done a good job of developing this game and incorporating new features as time passes. Before anyone calls me a brown noser or says I have something on my nose, just look to see what else is out there right now and you'll see how this game is well above the rest.
  • Options
    I need MOAR TIIIIMMMEEE
  • Options
    Depends on if it becomes cross platform so my time and money won't be wasted. If it doesn't, I see myself playing a better game.
  • Options
    Bevillain wrote: »
    Depends on if it becomes cross platform so my time and money won't be wasted. If it doesn't, I see myself playing a better game.

What other platform do you want.. you can run it on windows with blue stacks.

On the other hand live PVP is not feasible in my opinion, but a Guild Clash could be something nice to keep people playing... Imagine the Clash of Clan war system applied to this game... it will be freaking awsome
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    In other words... the game hasn't catch up in Europe yet.. and currently it's pretty unknown (twitch doesn't recognize it)
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    In state of f2p games nowadays, 2 month is old game, call it still infancy.....i

If this game support multiple platform like you could play on windows10,ios,android or maybe vita with single account, that would be awesome.
    (Maa make avaible for other platform for the first time, however player who play on fb couldnt use their old account they had to start from beginning again, it dosnt end well for their player.)
    the cake is a lie
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    This is more and more a whale only game, only early players are competitive. EA is a short term thinking company.
    with the exception of simpson tapped out.

@five2zero Step up your game, less whining.
  • Options
    Lol at the people openly bashing this game but at the end of the day, will always come back to it
  • Options
    meanpride wrote: »
    Lol at the people openly bashing this game but at the end of the day, will always come back to it

yes because regardless of the many flaws, it caters to a lot of our needs.

The game is fun and has a lot of potential

but... like someone else said, they should look at how clash of clans takes care of their customers, and replicate that.

• Options
    This is a temporary game it will be replaced when the luster goes away, sure it will always be around, but look up all other star wars games made and look up actual people playing, just becouse it may say in the header over a million dowloads dont reflect the actual active people, this game on is lacking in so much i dont see it lasting past summer, especialy if the wallet warriors get undermined all the time, but all i can say is Welcome to the Disney/Lucas machine.

FREE THE MOUSE!!
  • Options
    Honestly this game has so much potential especially considering the continuation of the movie franchise run by Disney.

In my opinion the real challenge lies in how CG can expand and deepen the core features of the game. Squad arena and GW are the two strongest features in the game that CG need to manage carefully so they can retain their appeals to customer base. The latest patch that addresses leaderboard rankings (rank 11 -> 2 becomes 11 -> 7 etc) is a good example of how you mantain the core.

Expanding the core is also needed to ensure the game longevity. My suggestion would be adding live PvP arena (100x fun playing live as opposed to lousy AI) so players across the globe can duel with each other - with prizes like time-limited exclusive character shard or purple gear for example. Character pipeline also needs to be calculated thoroughly to ensure the balance of game interest vs the real time players take to upgrade their chars.

Anyway congrats for the good job so far and please keep it up CG