I can no longer win *any* match

Toukai
1822 posts Member
edited February 2016
Has anyone been experiencing a high failure rate of abilities or general attacks? I have spent the past two weeks going from under 200 ranking all the way up to 600+ because I cannot land a single ability. I play every day and it is getting absolutely infuriating to lose not because of my team comp, but strictly because I can NEVER hit the enemy.

Dooku open lightning on Lumi? Dodged every time.
Sidius auto-attack? Not only dodge, but when it hits it doesnt apply heal debuff (the past 10 games alone, out of 4-5 attacks per game, not once has he applied the debuff).
Sidius aoe? I hit maybe two people.

Dont even get me started on Lumi's Force Blast. I haven't hit anyone with that in... well.. I cant even remember when that ability hit anyone.

It seems to only have gotten worse lately :neutral:

*edit* Sorry to freaking rant but this is getting absolutely tedious. Should I just switch to a leia, FOTP, geo build? I mean, at least that way I dont have to rely on any special abilities and auto attacks seems to be the only freaking method I have to even come close to hitting anyone. I will miss about 80% of all my abilities. The last two days I have been tallying when I actually hit with an ability in pvp and it's pretty much approached 23% chance to hit anyone. Its absolutely aggrivating to all hell.

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    My enemies resist expose 90%+ of the time and turn meter down doesn't work. When the AI controls Poe I get expose on at least 3 of my heroes every arena match.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    My enemies resist expose 90%+ of the time and turn meter down doesn't work. When the AI controls Poe I get expose on at least 3 of my heroes every arena match.

Man, I feel you. When enemy sids aoe, my entire team has 1 dot and at least 3 have two dots. Mine is lucky if he hits even two people with a single dot.

I've calmed down abit. I had to spend a boatload of shards to get back into the 300 range today. I literally did this by using *no* abilities what-so-ever. About mid way through, I did try to lightning blast a JC and, of course, it missed. So I went back to just auto attacking. I am thinking about switching to a team that doesnt require specials at all, or if they are specials they will be things like calling in assists. I can never seem to land a force wave, lightning, sid aoe, or anything that isnt just a basic auto attack now-a-days and i just feel like its not even worth trying anymore.
  • Options
    RNG. That's all it is. Couple that with poor battle decisions (beginning a focus-fire attack, but switching halfway through, e.g.) and you have yourself a drop in the rankings.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    SlyKrysis wrote: »
    RNG. That's all it is. Couple that with poor battle decisions (beginning a focus-fire attack, but switching halfway through, e.g.) and you have yourself a drop in the rankings.

I havent changed the way I play in the slightest. Apparently it isn't just my perception as there is another large thread about the issue.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/12431/i-think-i-know-why-the-arena-is-a-lot-harder-the-past-few-days-but-need-further-testing#latest

A lot of people are seeing weird things happening since the Yoda patch, and AI evasion seems to have increased by almost double. That and some people are seeing steal buffs grabbing buffs that shouldnt be there at all.
  • Options
    Some things have changed. I use the same team still going against the same teams I went against for the past month, results are drastically different. I lose on attack more times now than I ever have and again it's the same team against the same teams I've been facing (my server doesn't seem to have much variety)
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Just.... wow... Today I did a mirror match:
    Phasma(L), Lumi, JC, Dooku, Talia.

Over the course of the long, drawn out game (due to healing) I received *NO* assists what so ever. The entire fight the enemy got a 50/50 chance on if they called an assist.

I literally had to have used each of my characters about 7-8 times each and not a single assist from Phasma... this is absolutely brutal AI
  • Options
    you need to click faster.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've been doing much better after the update since the ladder has shortened in positions under 50th. With that change, getting sniped doesn't drop you 10 positions, maybe 5 now and it's helpful when Arena time rolls around...
  • Options
    you need to click faster.

Lulz
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Just.... wow... Today I did a mirror match:
    Phasma(L), Lumi, JC, Dooku, Talia.

Over the course of the long, drawn out game (due to healing) I received *NO* assists what so ever. The entire fight the enemy got a 50/50 chance on if they called an assist.

I literally had to have used each of my characters about 7-8 times each and not a single assist from Phasma... this is absolutely brutal AI

Curious. Your opponent got assists 50% of the time, you get zero and you used each of your characters 7-8 times. That's 35-40 attacks, heals, taunts for you and 50-60 for them. Pretty sure the mirror you were running was Phamsa, Royal Guard, Chewbacca, Bariss, Ewok Elder ?

I am amazed in the current meta if I get to use any of my characters half that many times.