Content Update 9/20/2017 (MEGA)

Replies

• Options
  • Options
    I love the update to shard shop, I feel like it's going to help a ton with the gear crush. I see they put first order tie pilot in fleet store but so I kinda see why they took the gear and put more character shards but that I don't like so much. Nevertheless I'm really excited for the shard shop, had 7.5k currency sitting there
  • Options
    Unless we get inferno squad rising from ashes there more than probably are in hell with all these fires lightened up and so on...
  • Options
    Also any idea why they put a resistance pack? are they hinting another event is coming or is it just to trick people into buying the wrong pack thinking to get bb8 you need resistance?
  • Options
    So @Nikoms565 are you going to use a technicism on me, really? how can you compare Fleet Tokens to Shard Tokens? Use some common sense man. It's a very cheap trick.
  • Options
    westenger wrote: »
    Also any idea why they put a resistance pack? are they hinting another event is coming or is it just to trick people into buying the wrong pack thinking to get bb8 you need resistance?

I think it's to help people with their Resistance to go along with their new BB-8......though all resistance are relatively easy farms
  • Options
    MisterZeq wrote: »
    Unless we get inferno squad rising from ashes there more than probably are in hell with all these fires lightened up and so on...

No way. They would never empire.
    All hail to the rebellition.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm all the new characters in fleet shipments?
  • Options
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    Who's brightest idea was it to remove gear from fleet and shard store? No no no no, a thousand hell nos, that's how I've been gaining traction on gearing f2p method, don't you dare.

-10000, I hate this update

They effectively doubled the price by doing this. Where before you could get ~5 pieces of gear for 600 fleet tokens, now you can get ~5 pieces of gear for ~200 shards. So you'll have to do 2-3 buys of a character/ship in fleet you already have maxed to get the same amount of gear you could get before with 1 buy. Progress!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So Nikoms565 are you going to use a technicism on me, really? how can you compare Fleet Tokens to Shard Tokens? Use some common sense man. It's a very cheap trick.

@Siegfried_Dark1

Actually, I am helping your side of the argument by considering them "equal" - fleet currency is more valuable than shard shop currency, as it is the only currency that can purchase zetas. It is also capped on a per day basis - there is no such limit on shard shop currency. Also, any other store currency can be converted to shard shop currency - that's not the case for fleet. You're welcome.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @Nikoms565 I have no more time for you brother, have a very nice life :)
  • Options
    Gcdevil wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm all the new characters in fleet shipments?

I just bought 5 FOTP shards out of fleet a little bit ago. Saw TFP in there before I refreshed it.
  • Options
    I have no more time for you brother, have a very nice life :)
    And clearly no effective counter argument. May the force be with you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This change gives players that have almost "dried up the well" in various stores a lot more flexibility. In my case, I've already gotten almost everything I want out of the GW, Cantina, Arena, and Guild stores. With the advent of TB I'd started using them to buy packs for characters I never would have touched (cough CUP cough), but before that Arena tokens went to currency packs, GW tokens to shard or the odd ship I didn't have, Guild tokens to very expensive gear, and Cantina tokens to characters I didn't care about. The one store which I was always short on currency for was fleet - with zetas, gear, pilots, ships - it was simply too overloaded with stuff and I was constantly making tough decisions there.
    My strategy going forward will be to try to keep some backup currency (1000-2000) in Guild, GW and Arena in case a good gear drop happens in Shard, but otherwise continue farming CUP, Pao, and lesser used ships. Gear gone from fleet makes it easier to prioritize pilots and others there (Fulcrum, Ezra). I'm also never going to use shards from Fleet to transfer to Shard - because Zetas - and no one else should either. So don't compare fleet token cost to shard store cost (especially since most comparisons are ignoring the value of a zeta in fleet, and 600 is a huge chunk out of that 2000).
    I realize this isn't as good for newer players, and that is the unfortunate side of this change. Once they get a few 7*'s out of GW and Arena, they can use the exact same strategy above though.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    This change gives players that have almost "dried up the well" in various stores a lot more flexibility. In my case, I've already gotten almost everything I want out of the GW, Cantina, Arena, and Guild stores. With the advent of TB I'd started using them to buy packs for characters I never would have touched (cough CUP cough), but before that Arena tokens went to currency packs, GW tokens to shard or the odd ship I didn't have, Guild tokens to very expensive gear, and Cantina tokens to characters I didn't care about. The one store which I was always short on currency for was fleet - with zetas, gear, pilots, ships - it was simply too overloaded with stuff and I was constantly making tough decisions there.
    My strategy going forward will be to try to keep some backup currency (1000-2000) in Guild, GW and Arena in case a good gear drop happens in Shard, but otherwise continue farming CUP, Pao, and lesser used ships. Gear gone from fleet makes it easier to prioritize pilots and others there (Fulcrum, Ezra). I'm also never going to use shards from Fleet to transfer to Shard - because Zetas - and no one else should either. So don't compare fleet token cost to shard store cost (especially since most comparisons are ignoring the value of a zeta in fleet, and 600 is a huge chunk out of that 2000).
    I realize this isn't as good for newer players, and that is the unfortunate side of this change. Once they get a few 7*'s out of GW and Arena, they can use the exact same strategy above though.

Exactly. Not sure why this so incredibly difficult for most to grasp.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Siegfried_Dark1
    Your calculations don't take into account the whole buying and selling aspect of stores. The Shard store gives less for shards than it charges for them. For random shards it was about 50 currency per shard, yet we only get 15 for each shard. At 186 currency for 6 cuffs that is 31 currency for each fragment compared to 50 per shard.

Fleet store was about 600 for 5, or 120 per fragment vs. 75 per shard

So we end up with these ratios 31:50 vs 24:15
    So gear is cheaper than shards in the shard shop, and shards are cheaper than gear in the fleet shop. By making this switch, we get to dedicate the currency that obtains the desired product with the currency it is cheapest with.

So the actual ratio of fleet is 120:75 but reduces to 24:15. However, for comparison in cost, we need the ratio 120:31
    75 fleet currency is one character shard or 15 currency, which means the exchange rate on fleet to shard shop is 5:1
    A 120:30 ratio would be a 4:1 ratio. Since we have 120:31. we can conclude that the ratio is somewhere between 4:1 and 3:1.

So since it cost less than 4 fleet currency when compared to 1 Shard shop currency to get a piece of salvage and it costs exactly 5 fleet currency to get 1 shard shop currency, it is actually more expensive to use your fleet currency to buy gear now that it has moved to the shard shop. However, it is still more efficient to use those currencies in the ways that have been dictated at this point.

EDIT: fixed math and post.
  • Options
    Any chance of adding Rogue 1 tag now there is a little bit of content we use them in please?
    Ta
    Doc
  • DracuLaura
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    lol at everyone upset about fleet and shard shop changes. This is actually one of the best changes they have ever made for us. We can now funnel raid reward shards, bronzium shards, arena currency, gw currency and cantina currency into gear instead of having to choose between zetas and gear - what a gift
  • Options
    I like butter tarts! :-)
  • Options
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh I see

Yv8wU0I.jpg

+1
  • Options
    I'd much rather the credit heist format where you can just do it 2-3x at your leisure. Can't sneak out when I'm at work to complete these things :(
  • Options
    Are we getting any anytime soon? When is hardware and ship omega mats coming? Isn't there a team of devs that works only on ships? I'm trying to remember the last time we had new ships content. Gar Saxon's gauntlet back in March/April? Is there something in the works? It seems like it's been 6+ months since anything has been done with ships. Yes the ship battles in Territory Battles are fun but I'd like more. In my opinion the problem with ships is that there isn't enough of them yet.
  • Options
    First off, forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, first time posting on the forums.

Just wanted to know if the data card purchase are bugged for VSHS. I have brought x3 packs with my crystal applications and eveytime i just get the minimum 5 charcter shards ???

Is this bugged or a ploy to make people spend money on charcters ?

Cheers.
  • Options
    It’s pretty standard to get 5-7 shards.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Packs like that almost always give the minimum shards.
  • Options
    Would be nice, but not priority obviously.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie or @CG_Kozispoon Can you let us know about this? Are marquee characters (currently Logray, Paploo, Veteran Han and Chewie) still going to make an appearance in the shard shop?

Please do not merge this, I think there is enough interest in this as a stand-alone question.
  • Options
    We dont need more ships, we need the other ships make farmable, it'll bring more diverse to the fleet arena. Just as we don't need more toons.
  • Options
    Would be nice, but not priority obviously.

Would be super nice actually since it's being filtered for now.

We could probably use a Han Solo tag too - there are more Han Solos than tuskens.

That second one was a joke! :D