Content Update 9/20/2017 (MEGA)

Replies

• crzydroid
    7383 posts Moderator
    Options
    xyzZYX wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    ..., Get zetas from fleet shipments. Nothing else.
    it is 2000 for 1 piece, wow, every upgrade for zeta need dozen (10 to 14 pcs)
    and not all characters, top 1 in fleet arena reward is 1800,

How long I can upgrade for 1 character ?

Which is why you shouldn't be wasting tokens on a few pieces of salvage. Every other day you can get one zeta even with low ranks if you farm them exclusively. Then expect 3/week from the challenge.
  • Options
    Spend $120 on big pack lol. Then convert 240 shards into shard shop currency that is now useless in the "new shard shop" lol
  • Options
    To buy 10 Stun Cuffs at the fleet store you would need 1200 Fleet tokens

1200 Tokens will buy you 3 characters shipments

3 Character shipments give you 225 Shard Tokens

5 Stun Cuffs will cost you 170 Shard Tokens

To buy 10 Stun Cuffs you will need 340 Tokens

To generate 340 Shard Tokens you will need 4 character Shipments + 3 more shards (you are paying more for less)

Again, i don't have issues with them adding gear to the shard store what bothers me is they removing the gear from the Fleet Store and people saying that gear is cheaper in the Shard Store when it isn't. That's all i have to say.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    xyzZYX wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    ..., Get zetas from fleet shipments. Nothing else.
    it is 2000 for 1 piece, wow, every upgrade for zeta need dozen (10 to 14 pcs)
    and not all characters, top 1 in fleet arena reward is 1800,

How long I can upgrade for 1 character ?

Which is why you shouldn't be wasting tokens on a few pieces of salvage. Every other day you can get one zeta even with low ranks if you farm them exclusively. Then expect 3/week from the challenge.

But You need gear to play toon with zeta. So what kind of solution You have for that?
  • Options
    Farm the gear elsewhere, the gear price is fleet was expensive + you can now get gear in the shard shop at much better prices
  • Options

To generate 340 Shard Tokens you will need 4 character Shipments + 3 more shards (you are paying more for less)

Again, i don't have issues with them adding gear to the shard store what bothers me is they removing the gear from the Fleet Store and people saying that gear is cheaper in the Shard Store when it isn't. That's all i have to say.

I think you are confused by what people mean. Gear in the shard store is cheaper than it used to be, not cheaper than what was in the fleet store.
  • Options
    Farm the gear elsewhere, the gear price is fleet was expensive + you can now get gear in the shard shop at much better prices

36% cost is higher comparing with exchange of fleet tokens in shard store....farming where? I do farm already.... So any other idea?
  • Options
    Yeah. Where are they gonna bring back gear to the fleet store, i wonder?
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

I think you are confused by what people mean. Gear in the shard store is cheaper than it used to be, not cheaper than what was in the fleet store.

Really? Can i have 3 pieces of nubian les than 252?
  • Options
    Love all the complaining about using ally points. Is it too hard to sim battles as well.
  • Options
    Used to farm gear from the fleet store more than anyone but it's clear they want us to focus on more than gear.
    I'm spending my tokens on Ezra, Bobas ship and TFP. The rest is all zeta's from here.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

36% cost is higher comparing with exchange of fleet tokens in shard store....farming where? I do farm already.... So any other idea?

Spend all GW currency on shard shop and get gear through TB
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD
    A team rises from the ashes stronger as a familiar foe returns.
    Phoenix is a mythical bird which returns from its ashes
    That means Thrawn returns soon
  • Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    Love all the complaining about using ally points. Is it too hard to sim battles as well.

Well when you have to open it up, pack by pack, it's a pain and way too time consuming. Simming can be done 20 at a time
  • Options
    It's also a quote taken from the TFA scroll.

"Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed."
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    It's also a quote taken from the TFA scroll.

"Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed."

Possible.
    But it is a "Team"
  • GrandMiiff
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD
    A team rises from the ashes stronger...

Aunt Beru & Uncle Owen...
  • Options
    GrandMiiff wrote: »
    WHAT'S AHEAD

Lol.
  • Options
    DarthScott wrote: »

SHARD SHOP 2.0
    The Shard Store has been refreshed to focus on a wider variety of gear. The refresh timer has been reduced to 6 hours, and refresh costs have been reduced. Additionally, Character shards (Other than General Grievous) have been removed.

@CG_Kozispoon Does this mean no character shards will ever return to the shard shop? What about Paploo, Logray, Veteran Han & Chewie? Is the current 'character release cadence' sill in play, where the characters take a turn in the shard shop?

That's what I want to know too. I've never bought gear there. It is called a SHARD shop, you swap shards there. It's not a GEAR shop. I don't care about the random 2 shards of this or that, (not since i maxed Vader) but I save up for the specials (eg Nilihus, Fulcrum) & that's what I intended to keep doing.
  • Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    But in case you were actually wondering, it's Phoenix zetas and the return of the Thrawn event.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    SPOILER ALERT!
    familiar-foe.gif
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD

Hope you're right. Pray you're right. I need Thrawn.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Because you're converting everything to buying character shards. That's backwards - we're not buying character shards, we're talking about buying gear.

Without jumping through a bunch of math hoops (which is comparing apples to oranges that way anyway) - to simplify:

5 Stun gun salvage in fleet shipments costs 600 fleet currency.
    6 Stun gun salvage in shard shop costs 186 shard currency.

Now, without converting things to character shards (because there is no reason to - we're talking about GEAR, not shards) - explain how 120 fleet currency is "cheaper" than 31 shard shop currency per salvage piece.

The problem is, for some reason, some people are heck bent on back converting the entire process to character shards, which makes no sense for three reasons (actually, many more than that, but 3 big reasons):

1) If bronzium (or GW, or an event, etc.) drops a shard I already have a maxed character for, I can't convert it 1 for 1 for another character shard. So back converting is pretending all shards are equal, which they are not (unless they are converted in the shard shop to shard currency - hence, the point)

2) Most players are in desperate need of more gear, not more shards. Gear is, always has been and always will be the "gating" mechanism. Not shards. What matters more to a characters survivability?

3) We are talking about buying gear, not buying shards. Yes, if you are trying to get someone to 7*, the fleet shop is more "economical" when looking at currency/shard. But when buying GEAR, it is not nearly as cost effective, currency-wise, as the shard shop.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD

Savage :'(
  • Options
    Increase in teritory currency? Color me surprised! An update i actually like....not sure how to feel.... ?

You get 30% more currency but the frequency of TBs is now going to be 30% less often. You think you have gained something but really it's still rubbish.
  • Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD

Too soon. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Bomroll wrote: »
    Increase in teritory currency? Color me surprised! An update i actually like....not sure how to feel.... ?

You get 30% more currency but the frequency of TBs is now going to be 30% less often. You think you have gained something but really it's still rubbish.

There was no frequency - and my R2D2 with two full g12 pieces after 2 TBs disagrees about your "rubbish" comment. The only "frequency" was one that was suggested and that was modified based on player requests and feedback. Nothing was taken away.

Sorry if this upsets the "What Do We Want?!? EVERYTHING!!! When do we want it?!? NOW!!" crowd.

• Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD

You have won the forums.
  • Options
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    WHAT'S AHEAD

Hope you're right. Pray you're right. I need Thrawn.

+1