The shard shop 2.0 IS AMAZING [MERGE]

Prev13456712
Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited September 2017
that is basically the free to play player answer for decades. Having access to raid gear by another way than raid and crystal. This update got me really thrilled with theses affordable prices from the extra shards we collect. finally!

Now for people who will complain about how hard it is to get shard shop currency check out my guide here at the bottom of my thread-> Beginner to long time player will benefit

i did about 6 shard shop refresh to check out the rewards (not a whale just finishing top payout everyday)

cuff are there by 5 for 170 **** Currency
stun gun 5 also

the mk 4 zaltin is there also

term det 5

mk 8 biotech

holo projector also

all in 5 + or so quantity for about 170 -210 ****

+ lots of others

AND by the way when i was 6-7-8 months into the game (F2P i was managing) to get 600 **** per day by knowing how to set good priorities.

What i am getting at is that everyone can get gear by that way .

leef wrote: »
» show previous quotes

it's a price increase if you keep buying gear with fleet tokens, that is true. Nobody can deny that.
You do however get alot in return, wich includes the ability to get more gear faster at the cost of shards out of any of the shops ingame.
I don't see how people gladly exchange fleet tokens for gear, but get peeved about getting the option to use every single token in the game + excess shards to buy gear in return.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114732/how-to-farm-shard-shop-really-fast-f2p-1k-per-day#latest
Post edited by Cloud24 on

Replies

• Options
    Meh..they gutted the hell out of it though
  • Options
    It's a nice update to the shard shop, I really like it, but fleet store was my main source of cuffs and guns..
  • Options
    It's a nice update to the shard shop, I really like it, but fleet store was my main source of cuffs and guns..

check out the guide you can get way more for less and cuff and guns are already in the 2.0
  • Options
    Some people connot do that inst viable for people with one year or less playing
  • Options

Exactly and i had 24k ship shard currency saved up. Now its notvworrh near as much
  • Options
    DarthSalsa wrote: »

i had 24k saved by my 8 months of playing and i was finish top 150 arena (500 per day **** i was getting). If you have good priorities you can do it.
  • Options
    Shard shop is great for people who farmed all the stores already but it's not a viable source for those that haven't. So great for early shard people, not so much for the others.
  • Options
    Just checked it out, I'm not really impressed. The only good thing I saw in there was 5 yellow balls and 6 carbs. I really hope they re-consider the fleet arena store changes.
  • Options
    Guessing I need to get past my daily reset? I still have the old one.
  • Options
    You could buy 60 cuffs in fleet for 6k fleet bucks. Now 6k fleet bucks buys you 75 shards which buys you 1125 shard shopo currency, which gets you 36 cuffs. Your buying power was basically cut in half.
    This mostly helps those with full rosters. If you're still building it up, or helping your guild farm chumps like Bodhi for platoons, you just get hosed.
    They should restore gear to the fleet shop and it would be a full on positive change. You can't argue that even WITH this change it would be too easy to gear.
  • Options
    Klocko wrote: »

Yeah, it went past the time for me but didn't reset so I bought a refresh to see the change.

I personally love the change, but again it's not for everyone.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    They should've just kept the gear in the Fleet Store, on top of also now including them in the Shard Store. But whatevers.
  • Options
    Cloud24 wrote: »

i had 24k saved by my 8 months of playing and i was finish top 150 arena (500 per day **** i was getting). If you have good priorities you can do it.

24k is around 6 full pieces. So you wasted 8 months in six pieces sharp tokens is not worth
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    You could buy 60 cuffs in fleet for 6k fleet bucks. Now 6k fleet bucks buys you 75 shards which buys you 1125 shard shopo currency, which gets you 36 cuffs. Your buying power was basically cut in half.
    This mostly helps those with full rosters. If you're still building it up, or helping your guild farm chumps like Bodhi for platoons, you just get hosed.
    They should restore gear to the fleet shop and it would be a full on positive change. You can't argue that even WITH this change it would be too easy to gear.

average players are in the range of 1k-1.2k ship token per day. you wanna get a piece? that's the only one you be buying for the day if (it drops). you won't be able to farm ship or save up to buy a zeta, by the other way even a player who has 3 seven star can get 5 pieces daily. pieces price were between 600 for 5 cuff to 650 to mk 8 bio how can a new player afford that while he want to lvl up his ship.? Buying gear from ships was more end game then being smart with the shard shop.
  • Options

24k is around 6 full pieces. So you wasted 8 months in six pieces sharp tokens is not worth

Your math is way off, it's more like 17 full cuffs.
  • Options
    Klocko wrote: »

Yes, u need to mates.. cost 25 crystals. Next reset without crystals is when ur next daily reset.
  • Options

Your math is way off, it's more like 17 full cuffs.

I could have 6 full cuffs per month from fleet. In 8 months i could have 48 full cuffs. How much shards i need to buy 6 full cuffs per month?
  • Options
    Very nice update !
  • Options
    Now if they could only update the GW shop....
  • Options
    It benefit u most if u already farm important chars from arena n GW shop, also have more than 60-70 *7 chars. It's not for players below lvl 80 imo :flushed:
  • Options
    Shard shop is so dope now!!! I had 70k tokens saved up too! Now I can get my **** toons geared up to increase my GP by a lot!
  • Options
    Yea, the new shard shop is legit and they FINALLY made it worth getting excess shards and converting those into needed gear....but like always, 1 step forwards, 2 steps back. They shouldn't have taken fleet shipment gear away. All they did was just make it seem like they're listening to us on the surface but are making sure profits don't falter by doing so.
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

Except you can collect shards from any store, gw and bromium. you get free shards in raids after finishing toons and the fleet shop is so useful for Zetas, ships and certain toons. It never really made sense to buy gear from the fleet store for most people.
  • Options
    For me the new shard shop is a step forward. Pity it is at The expense of others.

The shard shop I think was created with the whales in mind so they could use all those extra shards, but now the veteran players utilise the shard shop just as much. Both groups I think will benefit from shop.2.0.
  • Options
    Shard shop is ok (nothing special, just ok)
    The problem (for me) is removal of gear from Fleet Shop. After release of tb you need as many 7* as you can get so you dont want to farm shards for shard shop.
    Plus you need 4 teams for HAAT, one for PIT, 3-4 for TB missions. Can you afford to buy those extra biggs shards instead of going for next 7*?
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    It benefit u most if u already farm important chars from arena n GW shop, also have more than 60-70 *7 chars. It's not for players below lvl 80 imo :flushed:

Agree. I've got now all characters 7* from the GW store. Easier for people in the same situation as me.
  • Options
    Now we just need to be able to convert excess gear into shards...
  • Options
    Far better than the useless shards.

Shamefor newer players that they took out vader and his ship, but fleet shop is fire reliable for them anyway.

Question: will new toons still be released first in shard shop? Or is the cadence changed?
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

check out the guide you can get way more for less and cuff and guns are already in the 2.0

Actually on reddit they did the math and in the end its an increase in the price for gear. And of course it will only help those that have banked shard currency, once you run out the gear acquisition might be slower...a lot slower. Imho that is a huge nerf not a buff
    Post edited by Corvus on
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Now we just need to be able to convert excess gear into shards...

+1