it's time for....PANIC FARMING=)

Prev13
RevanReborn
25 posts Member
edited October 2017
BB8 is coming in a few days and my 1st order aren't all 7*. also the devs gave a hint i dunno if it is about Thrawn event coming back on October (cant remember much on what i have read).well im not into complaining and FYI im f2p and very stingy! atm i was farming Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Chopp just to prepare in case the Thrawn event comes back and voyla! BB8 event! you need to prioritize FO first. So i wanna know how others feels about it? buying packs is the path to whalehood lol. aint gonna buy those packs not a chance! im gonna stay with panic farming just like what i did to get CLS.
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Options
    Personally I'm going for Thrawn and ignoring BB8. I won't be able to do both in time and I'd much rather have a Phoenix team and Thrawn than a First Order team and BB8
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Phoenix is required in Territory Battles so it has priority over FO.
  • Options
    I am more concerned about Thrawn. Just 7*'d my last Phoenix member today and am going to focus on gearing them.
  • Options
    I'm going for Thrawn. I just need the abilities of my Phoenix squad to be up to scratch.

I currently have 7* Phasma, 3* FOTP and the other 3 FO characters still locked. I will take advantage of the double drops for them, but other than that I'm not going to worry about it. I don't think I'll be able to unlock BB8 this time. I'll make a dent in them now and just make an effort to farm them before the event comes back again.
  • Options
    im kinda confused which among the 2 factions should i prioritize. im also thinking about the relevance of BB8 just like what they did to R2D2 whom a requirement for CLS event. what if they will do the same event and release another Luke or Rey's journey prior to SW TLJ movie? geez
  • Options
    Forget farming first order. Seriously this game has become the ultimate money grab...
  • Options
    Thankfully I already have all my Phoenix at 7*, 4 out of 6 at lvl 80, and all abilities except Ezra, Sabine, and Choper maxed. So I'm basically going to continue gearing Phoenix for Thrawn while I panic farm FO. xD I figure we've got at most 2 weeks to panic farm and I'm really only going for 5* at this point. There's just no way I'll get FOST to 7* in this time unless they shove him in Arena shop to help alleviate the grind. Hell, I don't even have Kylo unlocked but the double drops should help as well as the time available.
  • Options
    I already farmed all the FO to 7*. Took FOREVER! But I think FOST and FOTP need to be added to shipments somewhere.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I already farmed all the FO to 7*. Took FOREVER! But I think FOST and FOTP need to be added to shipments somewhere.

FOTP is in fleet as of the update yesterday.
  • Options
    im kinda confused which among the 2 factions should i prioritize. im also thinking about the relevance of BB8 just like what they did to R2D2 whom a requirement for CLS event. what if they will do the same event and release another Luke or Rey's journey prior to SW TLJ movie? geez

This is what im worried about. But at the same time, they did the R2 event again right before Lukes Journey. So maybe they'll do BB8 again in a few months.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    FOTP in fleet shop
  • Options
    FOST and FOTP are the worst, even with 2x drops if RNG is bad it will be pointless to refresh it with crystals =) i'd rather buy some energy again and wait for the next day and see if RNGesus will bless me! my only 7* are Zylo and Phasma, FOO is at 60 shards away before 7*.
  • Options
    My guess is that ship hardware will be rolled out right after BB8 event. Can't have Poe's X-Wing without BB8.
  • Options
    I'll be farming FO, as I luckily already have Phoenix ready to go, and my First Order is all unlocked and no lower than 3*.
  • RevanReborn
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    the packs are now available, only whales and dolphins and...tadpoles will grab it lol im gonna save a lot of crystals and gonna set alarms at 12pm 6pm and 9pm just to avoid missing the freebies. the same technique i did to save crystals for refreshing cantina because i panic farmed old ben last time and also that helped me to finish my daily 600 without spending the crystal for LS or DS battles but now its the other way around im not gonna refresh cantina much to maximize refresh for LS and DS battles
  • Options
    The Pheonix one likely is hinting at a Thrawn return plus the season 4 squad members
  • Options
    The Pheonix one likely is hinting at a Thrawn return plus the season 4 squad members

The Phoenix one is for the return of the Thrawn event, and zetas for Phoenix characters.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I skipped the Thrawn event last time because I wouldn't get my Phoenixes up in time, but kept farming them once the event ended. I finished the last one a while ago. The key is to farm Hera out of Cantina first, and keep any eye out for Ezra in Fleet Shipments so you can progress on both at once.

I finished First Order aggggges ago except for Kylo Ren. I farmed the Pilot and Stormtrooper because each one had a light and a dark hard node, so I just did them to fulfill the daily requirement until finishing them off. Kylo Ren has been an off-and-on farm for a while now, but when I was told you could solo the first phase of HAAT with him I got serious and only stopped to grind Captain Han up to 5*, so now I've gotten Kylo to 51/100 and should have him done in time.

Then it's off to grind up Old Ben so I can be ready for Luke next time he comes around.

Gear for Phoenix might be a hassle. I've got them all to gear 8, but I hear it's a tough battle so we'll see if it's good enough... BB8 should be a pushover.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I don't give a flying fart about BB8. I'm totally unimpressed with his kit and the only reason I'm farming FO at all is because I like to have every toon at least unlocked.
  • Options
    BTW, is Thrawn one of those, "unlock at 5 stars" types?
  • Options
    Depends on where you are located. Western Europe is in double drop window
  • MisterZeq
    49 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    BTW, is Thrawn one of those, "unlock at 5 stars" types?

Yep. Only cls is gotten at full 7 stars

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Double drops arent active lol...and no panic farm for me, do not care about that little kitten droid. Will continue working on phoenix to get thrawn at 7 star.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    Double drops arent active lol...and no panic farm for me, do not care about that little **** droid. Will continue working on phoenix to get thrawn at 7 star.

Depends on your timezone.lol.
  • Options
    FOST is a nasty farm, if you aren't close to whatever your desired tier you want to attain of bb8, i wouldn't bother trying to rush and get it, you will almost certainly fail (barring store packs or other direct cash grabs). FOTP is pretty nasty too, but a little better now that he shows up in fleet shipments. phasma kylo and FOO are easy farms.
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    Have phasma, zylo and officer 7*, pilot 4* and fo stormtrooper still locked. Sucks both being on hard nodes only. Well what can I do? No bb8 for me and no money for cg.
  • Options
    Woofy_MC wrote: »
    You guys know that it is programmed if they activate double drops they also lower the rng drop rate. Meaning you basicly get the same as if u would do without double drops.

I don't suppose you have any evidence for this claim?

Nope but I agree with him based on my experiences.
  • Options
    I'm not going to farm for BB-8. It's way too far out of my reach for now due to FOST. However, I will utilize the double drops when they're active and then go back to my normal farming routine.
  • Options
    Couldn't care less about the rolling money machine.

My Phoenix are good enough for Thrawn but with them being so useful in TB I would rather push their gear higher than panic farm toons I don't want just to get a toon I don't want.

Plus I'm edging closer to DN 7* so my DS hard node farming is all taken up.