it's time for....PANIC FARMING=)

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Don't be afraid of not getting BB8 at the first time. Be afraid that BB8 is needing to unlock someone in Dec :blush:
  • Options
    Flakbait wrote: »
    Like some others, I've been working on FO for a while. I got Phasma back when she was a top meta leadership. Got Kylo to do the solo P1 thing, just before CLS dropped. Worked on FOO for my zVader rancor team (obviously pre-CLS). Started building up FOTP when I wanted to use his ship.

All of them were done or pretty close before BB8 was announced. EXCEPT! FOST. I hadn't done squat with him, except get him to exactly 5*, L60 & g6 - just enough for the others to carry him for a 3* mod challenge.

Yup. Panic farming. That definitely describes me! I bought the pack because I still needed about 80 to finish up FOTP, and that got FOST to 6*. But that still left 100 shards to go.

I think I'll make it, unless RNGeezus specifically targets me for punishment. But I expect to have to buy at least all of the 50 refreshes during the 2x drops, and maybe a few of the 100s. That is definitely NOT how I wanted to spend those gems and energy this week. :(

Umm...then don't? How about exercise some self control and act like an adult? This whole BB8 is a test of maturity and responsibility. Whales have none.

I am no whale, but I know several. They are neither immature nor irresponsible. So relax on the whale bashing. Many are adults who have plenty of disposable income, who don't mind spending it to support a game they enjoy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Had all FO 7* a while ago so I'm all set. Just wish it wasn't YET... ANOTHER... LIGHTSIDE... CHARACTER... :|
  • Options
    Like some others, I've been working on FO for a while. I got Phasma back when she was a top meta leadership. Got Kylo to do the solo P1 thing, just before CLS dropped. Worked on FOO for my zVader rancor team (obviously pre-CLS). Started building up FOTP when I wanted to use his ship.

All of them were done or pretty close before BB8 was announced. EXCEPT! FOST. I hadn't done squat with him, except get him to exactly 5*, L60 & g6 - just enough for the others to carry him for a 3* mod challenge.

Yup. Panic farming. That definitely describes me! I bought the pack because I still needed about 80 to finish up FOTP, and that got FOST to 6*. But that still left 100 shards to go.

I think I'll make it, unless RNGeezus specifically targets me for punishment. But I expect to have to buy at least all of the 50 refreshes during the 2x drops, and maybe a few of the 100s. That is definitely NOT how I wanted to spend those gems and energy this week. :(

Umm...then don't? How about exercise some self control and act like an adult? This whole BB8 is a test of maturity and responsibility. Whales have none.

LOL - judgy much? I think you've got me all wrong, but that's cool. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

FWIW, I'm in that dolphin category, though I was holding out for Marlin but I don't think I had much support. :) Yes, I spend some $ on the game and I don't feel remotely bad about it. It's essentially pocket change, and I spend a lot more on things that I don't get as much out of. Where I'm at in my life and career, those occasional buys are inconsequential.

If you were trying to shame me for not being pure F2P, good luck with that. If you were trying to insult me for: not having self control / having some kind of spending addiction / letting my choices be dictated by the evil corporations / wth ever else... Yeah, ok. Thanks for your feedback. I'll give it all the appropriate consideration that it warrants.

You have a nice day. :)
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Don't be afraid of not getting BB8 at the first time. Be afraid that BB8 is needing to unlock someone in Dec :blush:
    They'll pull a R2-D2 then and BB-8 will be back just before he's required. CG likes to put tight farming schedule on us because it makes good business. Impossible farming tasks would generate 0 dollar. If BB-8 gets mandatory to unlock a new toon, it will come back regardless of the character schedule it belongs too, that is for sure. 100% sure.
  • Options
    Darn had FOO only 5* because I thought i don't need him soon. Hope I get enough currency to buy him out before end of the event. Doing 3 refresh day though.
  • Options

LOL - judgy much? I think you've got me all wrong, but that's cool. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

FWIW, I'm in that dolphin category, though I was holding out for Marlin but I don't think I had much support. :) Yes, I spend some $ on the game and I don't feel remotely bad about it. It's essentially pocket change, and I spend a lot more on things that I don't get as much out of. Where I'm at in my life and career, those occasional buys are inconsequential.

If you were trying to shame me for not being pure F2P, good luck with that. If you were trying to insult me for: not having self control / having some kind of spending addiction / letting my choices be dictated by the evil corporations / wth ever else... Yeah, ok. Thanks for your feedback. I'll give it all the appropriate consideration that it warrants.

You have a nice day. :)

I can respect that. My comments were aimed mainly at the whale culture that has lead CG down this panic farming path. Everyone gives whales so much credit for keeping this game alive and interesting but what will CG have left once the dolphins and occasional spenders decide to call it quits once we get tired of these obvious money grabs? The whales will eventually burn out too. A good strategy would be finding ways to keep everyone invested, not just the whales.
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Phoenix is my priority for Thrawn and TB. If FO happens to get to 7-stars then great but I am not spending a crystal on a refresh for them

This^. These panic farms are exhausting for average players. CG needs to get away from this strategy.

To be fair, it really isn't a panic farm. You know what you can reasonably expect to get in two weeks, even with double drops for a few days, and therefore you know what star level your First Order characters will be when the event ends and the maximum amount of the event you can clear. The only folks that should really be panicking are the ones that have FOST/FOTP at 4* to see if they can get that fifth to unlock BB8.

If people are panic farming Phoenix because the Thrawn event got hinted at, that's their own fault. The Thrawn event happened months ago and there has been plenty of time to farm them at your own pace. Likewise, once BB8 comes around again in 3-4 months. The end of the event isn't your signal to stop farming, it's your signal that you have 3-4 months with which to farm for the next one.

7*ing one of these events on the first go-around isn't supposed to be the norm.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Phoenix is my priority for Thrawn and TB. If FO happens to get to 7-stars then great but I am not spending a crystal on a refresh for them

This^. These panic farms are exhausting for average players. CG needs to get away from this strategy.

To be fair, it really isn't a panic farm. You know what you can reasonably expect to get in two weeks, even with double drops for a few days, and therefore you know what star level your First Order characters will be when the event ends and the maximum amount of the event you can clear. The only folks that should really be panicking are the ones that have FOST/FOTP at 4* to see if they can get that fifth to unlock BB8.

If people are panic farming Phoenix because the Thrawn event got hinted at, that's their own fault. The Thrawn event happened months ago and there has been plenty of time to farm them at your own pace. Likewise, once BB8 comes around again in 3-4 months. The end of the event isn't your signal to stop farming, it's your signal that you have 3-4 months with which to farm for the next one.

To this point- I can't see BB8 making a sudden impact like thrawn cls r2 or even palp when he was released. Bb8 hinges on 2 factions and 2 phases of the tank. In tb it remains to be seen. But also running a pure res team in tb has been my consistent team in the three tbs we have had.
    I would take advantage of the double drops- especially FOST 20 energy hard nodes for the shield generator.
    Also- FO is a 4 zeta squad that do not dominate in arena or tank. If you're close to 5* and up go for it- but I wouldn't be sweating this "legendary" event like the others.
  • Options

To this point- I can't see BB8 making a sudden impact like thrawn cls r2 or even palp when he was released. Bb8 hinges on 2 factions and 2 phases of the tank. In tb it remains to be seen. But also running a pure res team in tb has been my consistent team in the three tbs we have had.
    I would take advantage of the double drops- especially FOST 20 energy hard nodes for the shield generator.
    Also- FO is a 4 zeta squad that do not dominate in arena or tank. If you're close to 5* and up go for it- but I wouldn't be sweating this "legendary" event like the others.

He won't make a sudden impact but I can almost guarantee you CG will make him a 7* requirement for Old Luke or Jedi Rey. Based on CG's pattern with panic farming, they'll require both Veteran Han and Chewie plus BB8, Rey, and Finn to unlock Jedi Rey.
  • Options

He won't make a sudden impact but I can almost guarantee you CG will make him a 7* requirement for Old Luke or Jedi Rey. Based on CG's pattern with panic farming, they'll require both Veteran Han and Chewie plus BB8, Rey, and Finn to unlock Jedi Rey.

Yep.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

If that's the case - following EA/CG patterns--> BB8 will return then before the release of Jedi Rey/Jedi gRey/Gredi Rey- or last Jedi Luke.

Edit: and as far as I remember they have never released a legendary event totally unobtainable - the closest one was thrawn with pheonix. Which should be returning in october. Veteran smugglers have another 2 months to become farmable.
  • Options
    Anyone got a maxed shoretrooper or sith trooper they could put at ds lead? Lol
  • Options
    It doesn't matter. Hard nodes are impossible to panic farm with or without double drops. They drop 0 shards very often and sometimes 2-3 shards on average.
  • Options
    I'm just using this as an opportunity to farm Kylo since I've never gotten around to doing it. I'm not gonna touch the other FO.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If you have them already, or if you panic farm and make it in time it's pretty satisfying.

tumblr_ot5dbboaCp1uzm0gno2_1280.gif
  • Options
    It doesn't matter. Hard nodes are impossible to panic farm with or without double drops. They drop 0 shards very often and sometimes 2-3 shards on average.

Hard nodes are 33% drop rate over a large enough sample size - just like every other character shard farm.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I am only farming Kylo Ren because of the double drops which also help on the cantina. As some other people already said i am more interested in upgrading the gear level for my phoenix squad, and I am also farming shoretrooper and Darth Nihilus so BB8 is low on my priority list.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hard nodes are 33% drop rate over a large enough sample size - just like every other character shard farm.

I'll believe it when I see those drop rates.
  • Options
    Thrawn is priority
    BB-8 doesn't look that great anyway
  • Options
    This^.
    Sabine, ring a bell anyone? Those that couldnt buy 7* phoenix unlocked thrawn at 5* with chopper.

I had all FO 7* cept fotp was 6*, then phasma became the monthly log in toon. So I finished him up to 7* just before the bb8 announcement. Now i'm mearly "panic" farming a few pieces of gear. And I took advantage of double drops for shard currency to get some of the gear.

• Options
    Violin panic farming. Nothing violining worse than refreshing a hard node and pulling a violining zero shards IMVioliningO.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

People and entire guilds have carefully tracked and recorded drop rates and psoted the results in these forums. Numerous times. It is 33% - you're belief is irrelevant.

• Options

People and entire guilds have carefully tracked and recorded drop rates and psoted the results in these forums. Numerous times. It is 33% - you're belief is irrelevant.

I tracked my drop rates for FOTP and FOST from 4 star to 7 star. The drop rates were 27.6 and 24.3 percent, respectively. The 33 percent figure is a great generalization, but means nothing if you don't achieve it over the course of the farm.
  • Options

I tracked my drop rates for FOTP and FOST from 4 star to 7 star. The drop rates were 27.6 and 24.3 percent, respectively. The 33 percent figure is a great generalization, but means nothing if you don't achieve it over the course of the farm.

I also tracked those 2 characters: FOTP 113 sims 28%, FOST 100 sims 32%, I eventually got tired and stopped tracking. The average is good, but the frequencies are very weird, several runs with not shards and then 5 shards in a day, RNG feels very unnatural compared to throwing a coin or dice, but fair in the long run.
  • Options
    I
    thought the calendar said r2d2 this month?
  • Options
    Gamaset wrote: »
    I
    thought the calendar said r2d2 this month?

It is. Iceih was just following up on a part of the discussion earlier in the thread about drop rates. He tracked it, and was posting his results to back up some of the info that was being shared when this was an active thread.

A bit of a necro, but I appreciate him posting his results!