Now that the shard shop is revamped...

Prev13
pac0naut
3236 posts Member
edited October 2017
Does that mean that newer release characters will NOT go into shard shop? Or will characters such as Ewoks / VHS / VSC be going in per release cadence?

RESPONSE Below
Shard Shop and Character Rotations

Hiya! Apologies for the wait, but I finally got messaging from @CG_TopHat to sling your way. Appreciate your patience.
We’ve been seeing questions about whether characters, as they move through the character release cadence, would be making an appearance in the Shard Shop given the recent changes. The Shard Shop’s intention, at the moment, is to be a place where players can use their excess shards to obtain gear, NOT characters (except for Grievous). Moving forward, characters released through the Marquee event structure will not be passing through the Shard Shop at any step.

If we decide to make any changes to the character release cadence and the Shard Shop, we’ll let you know.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    That's a good question. I like the extra gear, but it seems every platoon needs logray so I was gonna spend it on him.
  • Options
    This is something that should be answered. @CG_Kozispoon
    Ooba hutar.
  • ThunderGun
    221 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Since GG is still there I would think they may possibly add one or two slots that will have the new characters rotating. So it will be a much slower farm to star these characters up unless you want to spend a bunch of crystals refreshing the shard shop.

Or they could just rotate the new characters in the same slot GG is in now..
  • Options
    Will new characters be added to farm like the past or is GG the only exclusive toon in there?
  • Options
    Can we please get a comment on this @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ACK! Wrong topic to post on. Oops.
    Post edited by pac0naut on
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think they will still add them to the shard shop and just want us to burn our currency for gear. :smiley:
    They probably mentioned it when they would change something like that. If the shard shop should be for gear only from now on they would have moved GG also I guess.
  • Options
    Sitting in for @CG_Kozispoon here:

Working to get an official reply before the weekend. Otherwise, I'll have an answer next week.

Wish me luck!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Working to get an official reply before the weekend. Otherwise, I'll have an answer next week.

Wish me luck!

RT

G-saiv.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Wish me luck!

RT

Thank you sir!!!
  • Options
    Wait, what?
    Working on getting an answer? In other words this wasn't thought through? Good luck Diggs, and thank you!
    Hopefully the "answer" they come up with (or pull out of thin air, apparently) is better than just calling us liars.
    It's mind blowing how big changes like this take place and apparently the team doesn't talk through these kind of details. One would think this question would have been anticipated, and have a prepared answer for it. Or even better, include information (yes, actual information) like this in the update post to answer these type of basic questions so they don't need to be asked
  • Options
    @pac0naut @modbot

Going to be next week. Stay tuned!
    modbot wrote: »
    Wait, what?
    Working on getting an answer? In other words this wasn't thought through? Good luck Diggs, and thank you!
    Hopefully the "answer" they come up with (or pull out of thin air, apparently) is better than just calling us liars.
    It's mind blowing how big changes like this take place and apparently the team doesn't talk through these kind of details. One would think this question would have been anticipated, and have a prepared answer for it. Or even better, include information (yes, actual information) like this in the update post to answer these type of basic questions so they don't need to be asked

Sarcasm acknowledged ;)

RT

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    I reckon the character shards should be scrapped from the shard shop altogether. The squad arena, cantina and galactic war stores need an overhaul. Change all the characters, make them less stale. Put new characters such as Vets in those stores. I always felt like you had to have a lot of shard currency for the new character shards. Also, why is Grievous still in there? The Fleet store is a much easier place to farm him, not that he's really worth farming.
  • Options
    I'd pick the new shard shop over character shards anyway
  • Options
    Shard shop has been a pretty valuable place to increase character star progression...Baze, Nihilus, ATF, its been very worthwhile. I mean if marquee characters would go to GW/Cantina/arena that would be amazing, but shard shop helps supplement their farming with whatever node or fleet/guild spot they are put in.
  • Options
    The update says "Character shards (Other than General Grievous) have been removed." Does not seem likely they would add new characters in there but it would be nice to get an official answer. The second paragraph though says that "gear pieces have been removed from Fleet Arena Store. Additional character shards, as well as other materials, will be added to Fleet Arena Store in subsequent updates." I would interpret that to mean that Shard Shop will be all gear and Fleet Arena Store would be characters. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    Just wanted to keep this on your rader @CG_RyDiggs
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Holding breath. Cadence toons released in shard shop (esp these ewoks :D ) {asking for too much: a set time on how long cadence toons will stay there}

Shops need love too. {Asking for too much again: Paploo and Logrey in GW/Cantina/Arena stores}

Post edited by HeroOfCanton on
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Even if they do keep adding new characters in the shard shop like they have previously done I don't know if I will take advantage much now. I love the changes to the shop with putting gear in there now so happy spending all my shard credits this way. The values are decent as well. Still, having the option couldn't hurt. :p
  • Options
    It feels harder to get MK3 sink drains (purple holoprojector thingie) and S&M accessories (cufflinks) after the shop change. They don't seem to rotate in often.
  • Options
    modbot wrote: »
    Wait, what?

Yep.
  • Options
    I love the new shard shop, it’s got the dreaded stun cuffs in it
  • Options
    Holding breath. Cadence toons released in **** (esp these ewoks :D ) {asking for too much: a set time on how long cadence toons will stay there}

Shops need love too. {Asking for too much again: Paploo and Logrey in GW/Cantina/Arena stores}
    I actually expect the new ewoks to be "easily" farmable (I'm guessing 1 Cantina node, 1 guild store, 1 Cantina store). They are not game changing by any means, so CG will make them easy to get just so they can say that not all new characters are hard farms.
  • Options
    DarthDuck wrote: »
    I love the new shard shop, it’s got the dreaded stun cuffs in it

So did fleet store
  • Options

So did fleet store

His comment probably stems from the fact that most people probably didn't buy gear from the fleet store. It's easier (for longer term players) to get shard shop currency rather than fleet.
  • Options
    So..... now that the weekend has come and gone.....
  • Options

So did fleet store

His comment probably stems from the fact that most people probably didn't buy gear from the fleet store. It's easier (for longer term players) to get shard shop currency rather than fleet.

Been level 85 for a long time and it was much easier to get in fleet store. I had 1200+ credits coming in daily. Farming other teams doesnt allow me to farm shards for shard shop
  • Options

So did fleet store

Been level 85 for a long time and it was much easier to get in fleet store. I had 1200+ credits coming in daily. Farming other teams doesnt allow me to farm shards for shard shop

This discussion has already been had to death. Most players with 70+ 7* characters don't have to actively farm shards at all. You get "free" shard shop currency from raids, events, GW, bronzium, etc.

Many also prefer to spend fleet currency on zetas, since that is the only place you can get those.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Holding breath. Cadence toons released in **** (esp these ewoks :D ) {asking for too much: a set time on how long cadence toons will stay there}

I actually expect the new ewoks to be "easily" farmable (I'm guessing 1 Cantina node, 1 guild store, 1 Cantina store). They are not game changing by any means, so CG will make them easy to get just so they can say that not all new characters are hard farms.

I looked at it like the size of the faction. Rogue 1 and Pheonix (more than 2 toons) placed in shops and other places. I don't include fleet because of the rarer spawn rates. Not even from a platoon perspective, I think a fully loaded murder bear squad will do great in tb.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

So did fleet store

This discussion has already been had to death. Most players with 70+ 7* characters don't have to actively farm shards at all. You get "free" shard shop currency from raids, events, GW, bronzium, etc.

Many also prefer to spend fleet currency on zetas, since that is the only place you can get those.

And enough spend them on gear that the conversation has been "had to death". I get maybe 3 shards a day at very most from bronzium and have other toons to promote with my GW currency. Only toons we get shards for from raids are gk (don't have him) and solo (have'nt maxed him yet). Theres also very few events that come around that give us shards. If you don't use your fleet currency for gear then fine, but what's the point of removing gear for those that do? It serves literally no purpose. I'd also be willing to bet the VAST majority of accounts do not have 70+ 7* toons. I have 45 with maybe 10 more I have the shards for but don't want to drop the credits. Been playing for at least a year and a half. So again, what is the point of removing gear from fleet store?
This discussion has been closed.