Phoenix Squadron ZETA Abilities

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for the update and the communication. It is much appreciated. With that in mind, I must say this (purely in jest and with love!) ...
    General Strategy
    • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.

g2rtv.jpg
    Ha ha
  • Options
    Yay another rebel rework :|
  • Options
    Keep adding zeta abilities, but do nothing about the drop rates for them or any other abilities to farm them.... new content coming to fast, and not giving players the ability to obtain gear, zeta and omega upgrade mats, and currency.... I won’t even address overall drop rates. Hey very very dangerous course right now. Has killed other popular online games in the past.... you need to make the game interesting and fresh, however you also have to appease your fanbase and give in every now and then.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).
    Where do those omegas go?
    Nope no omegasthere
  • Options
    i must have left my zeta's n my other pants lol.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Gotta say I'm not a fan of buffing substandard heroes by adding zetas to them. How about designing them right in the first place?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    No chopper zeta. Booooooo
  • Options
    Keep adding zeta abilities, but do nothing about the drop rates for them or any other abilities to farm them.... new content coming to fast, and not giving players the ability to obtain gear, zeta and omega upgrade mats, and currency.... I won’t even address overall drop rates. Hey very very dangerous course right now. Has killed other popular online games in the past.... you need to make the game interesting and fresh, however you also have to appease your fanbase and give in every now and then.

Agree 100%.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Gotta say I'm not a fan of buffing substandard heroes by adding zetas to them. How about designing them right in the first place?

They were way better than people gave them credit for. The team cleanse, and TM boosts from Kanan coupled with some big damage boosts fills in pretty much their only week points.

Very nice abilities. Can't wait to see what people do with Phoenix now.
  • Options
    Problem is they still don't have the offense to be viable, especially if Zarriss is present, and they don't have the full defense to beat the pure power of CL, raid Han, etc. If they had something like crit immunity it could work. Or offense like a better Hera kit, (she was a leader of an entire rebel cell, not just Phoenix), a flat damage boost across the board, or maybe buffing Ezra's unique it could help them be viable at later levels, granted the zeta hurdle gets crossed
  • Options
    Phoenix now also provide a quick climber team for Squad Arena, and represent a particularly worthy investment for newer players looking for a good all-around squad.

lol...particularly worthy investment for newer players looking for a good all-around squad...new players just need 100 zetas and they are ready to rule in arena :D:D:dizzy:
  • Options
    Zetas have always been optional boosts. More options for future squads isn't a bad thing. Don't figure you need all 5 to make a Phoenix squad useful
  • Options
    If only I got 100 extra Zetas...
    You didn't hear? That's the next Google promotion. Sorry Apple!
  • Options

x1000. I was ok with drop rates being low for the small amount of zeta available, but this is just crazy now with every pass giving practically everyone a zeta. Im getting to the point where Im forcing myself to login, and I haven't missed a login for over a year.
  • Options
    Phx is probably the best synergized faction.
  • Options
    Too many Zetas, not enough Zeta materials dropping. I got 1 zeta material in the last 3 weeks.

All this new content and toons yet most people can't play it because you keep the drop rates so low. I have seen loads of games die because of that very reason. The game keeps adding content while new players and long time average level players can never catch up. The "top players" end up being just a handful of the same players and then they get bored and leave.

By the way, TB is boring as all get out. Try to use your imagination next time you come up with new material. Platoons are ridiculous and ruin the crap game play that you did add. The only thing that is different about the CMs is maybe you will get all skulls on the last round and get KOed or maybe not. Real exciting guys...
  • Options
    Hey at least this confirms the fact that they're rising from the ashes... Stronger. Thus Thrawn must be on his way back...
  • Options
    Vicarious wrote: »
    You keep adding more and more Zetas to chars. On top of that a lot of the new chars have multiple zeta abilities themselves. Certain chars almost have to be zeta’d Like Jyn and Finn to name just two.

With the zeta drop rates from ship challenges being so low (like all drop rates.... sigh), players don’t have an option to “try a zeta” ....nice try lol.

How about offering other ways for players to obtain Zeta mats? You include them in some Japanese packs and they also are included elsewhere for them..... you plan on being fare to the rest of your player base anytime soon and giving everyone a chance to acquire more?? So far from what I have seen Japanese players have an average of 4 more zeta abilities then the rest of your player base.

Can you please advise what the hell it is about with the japanese market? That they can buy Zetas in packs ??
    Is this really true ??? @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    best reply ever...
    Thanks for the update and the communication. It is much appreciated. With that in mind, I must say this (purely in jest and with love!) ...
    General Strategy
    • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a "QUICK" boost of power and sustainability.

g2rtv.jpg

• Options
    I have one zeta coming up. Which one would you suggest for the Thrawn event 7 stars?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Theorose wrote: »
    You keep adding more and more Zetas to chars. On top of that a lot of the new chars have multiple zeta abilities themselves. Certain chars almost have to be zeta’d Like Jyn and Finn to name just two.

With the zeta drop rates from ship challenges being so low (like all drop rates.... sigh), players don’t have an option to “try a zeta” ....nice try lol.

How about offering other ways for players to obtain Zeta mats? You include them in some Japanese packs and they also are included elsewhere for them..... you plan on being fare to the rest of your player base anytime soon and giving everyone a chance to acquire more?? So far from what I have seen Japanese players have an average of 4 more zeta abilities then the rest of your player base.

Can you please advise what the hell it is about with the japanese market? That they can buy Zetas in packs ??

Sure, @Theorose Zeta ability materials available via packs was NOT an intended feature. The packs have been removed from the store and the issue has been addressed.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Is there any thought to pumping up the drop rates on zeta challenges? 5 new zetas? I'm sure we have a sizable wave of them coming up with TLJ hero releases as well. The amount of zetas coming in to the game now is getting way out of whack with the supply.
  • Options
    Theorose wrote: »

Sure, @Theorose Zeta ability materials available via packs was NOT an intended feature. The packs have been removed from the store and the issue has been addressed.

@CG_Kozispoon thanks for clarifying this and getting back so quickly.

Anyway are you planning any other ways that we can farm & get Zeta mats?
    The way of farming them from the challenges is a real nightmare.
    Sometimes we get from the challenges zero Zeta mats over 2 weeks.
    Thats not cool at all, especially when there are more and more Zeta toons in game.

At least a guarantee of 2 Zeta mats out of 4 challenges or somewhere else the possibility to farm them.

Please do something :)

Many thanks
  • Options
    These look like nice boosts... if and only if all I cared about was boosting that one TB mission. That's so far beyond endgame right now it's hardly worth mentioning. At one full zeta unlock per month, it's hard to justify investing 3-4 months for that one mission, when I can spend that time on other teams, like probably getting enough zeta for four traditional HAAT teams.
  • Options
    zQGJ, GK, zKanan, zHoda, EZzra... Dream jedi team?

--Hoda replaces R2 in terms of survuvability, offemse but grants foresight,
    --zQGJ for his lead mostly.
    --GK for, well... everything he has.
    --Kanan secondary taunt, gains crit immunity, will be difficult to kill while GK is alive, especially since he will be taunting a lot with the TM gain.
    --Ezra constant TM gains from Kanan, Cleanse from Kanan, GK and Hoda, 50% boosted offense and defense from Hoda, his 1st special will gain him TM as well and massive damage, call Hoda to assist for heals and TM to him.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    f4ng5 wrote: »
    Phoenix Zeta & Omega Changes

General Strategy
    • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.

One does not simply "try" a zeta upgrade...

We need the "up vote" thing back. A thousand up-votes to you, sir!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Is there any thought to pumping up the drop rates on zeta challenges? 5 new zetas? I'm sure we have a sizable wave of them coming up with TLJ hero releases as well. The amount of zetas coming in to the game now is getting way out of whack with the supply.
    +1....million.

Grinding a single piece of gear for 3-4 days is rough. Grinding a zeta for 3-4 weeks is brutal - especially if you need/want 4 of them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    BeehiveX wrote: »
    I have one zeta coming up. Which one would you suggest for the Thrawn event 7 stars?

1) Zeta should not be required to beat Thrawn event
    2) You might want to wait to see some zeta Phoenix gameplay before zeta-ing them over more time-tested zetas
    3) If you're sure you wish to zeta a Phoenix toon, one of the biggest complaints about them is their damage output - so, if Sabine is in your lineup, that "crit chance up AND offense up" could be huge (regrettably, she is the one I farmed the least)
    4) I also like the sound of Kanan's and Zeb's - Kanan's zeta mass cleanse could be clutch.
  • Options
    Too many Zetas, not enough Zeta materials dropping. I got 1 zeta material in the last 3 weeks.
    All this new content and toons yet most people can't play it because you keep the drop rates so low. I have seen loads of games die because of that very reason. The game keeps adding content while new players and long time average level players can never catch up. The "top players" end up being just a handful of the same players and then they get bored and leave.
    By the way, TB is boring as all get out. Try to use your imagination next time you come up with new material. Platoons are ridiculous and ruin the **** game play that you did add. The only thing that is different about the CMs is maybe you will get all skulls on the last round and get KOed or maybe not. Real exciting guys...

Just buy zetas from the Fleet store.
    Like those omegas that nearly never drops from the daily challenge.