Phoenix Squadron ZETA Abilities

Replies

  • Gawejn
    1162 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Too many Zetas, not enough Zeta materials dropping. I got 1 zeta material in the last 3 weeks.
    All this new content and toons yet most people can't play it because you keep the drop rates so low. I have seen loads of games die because of that very reason. The game keeps adding content while new players and long time average level players can never catch up. The "top players" end up being just a handful of the same players and then they get bored and leave.
    By the way, TB is boring as all get out. Try to use your imagination next time you come up with new material. Platoons are ridiculous and ruin the **** game play that you did add. The only thing that is different about the CMs is maybe you will get all skulls on the last round and get KOed or maybe not. Real exciting guys...

    Just buy zetas from the Fleet store.
    Like those omegas that nearly never drops from the daily challenge.

    Today got 3 times omega. Big luck. But 1 or 2 happened many times.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    It seems Kanan's zeta can maybe revive the QGJ lead. "when each Foresight expires Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter and other Phoenix gains 50% Turn Meter" meaning that whereas a toon loses his foresight, Kanan can play and taunt after the first enemy turn, giving also a lot of TM to Ezra.

    zQGJ, GK, Kanan, Ezra, R2/Hermit Yoda/Grand Master Yoda.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

    Just buy zetas from the Fleet store.
    Like those omegas that nearly never drops from the daily challenge.

    Today got 3 times omega. Big luck. But 1 or 2 happened many times.

    I haven’t had a zeta from challenges in three weeks. It’s shipments or nothing with my recent bad luck.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.

    If you’re having trouble affording expensive things, try winning the lottery a few times.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    It seems Kanan's zeta can maybe revive the QGJ lead. "when each Foresight expires Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter and other Phoenix gains 50% Turn Meter" meaning that whereas a toon loses his foresight, Kanan can play and taunt after the first enemy turn, giving also a lot of TM to Ezra.

    zQGJ, GK, Kanan, Ezra, R2/Hermit Yoda/Grand Master Yoda.

    In pretty sure it's only referring to the foresight given by the ability.
  • Options
    Ok... as everybody already pointed out : 1 Zeta skill is a considerable investment. so 5 of them..... urghh.
    It is nice for people who already invested heavily in Phoenix squadron, but otherwise, it is too expensive.

    As a side note : Anakin and Mace are still waiting in line for next OP Zeta upgrade :blush:
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    Ok... as everybody already pointed out : 1 Zeta skill is a considerable investment. so 5 of them..... urghh.
    It is nice for people who already invested heavily in Phoenix squadron, but otherwise, it is too expensive.

    As a side note : Anakin and Mace are still waiting in line for next OP Zeta upgrade :blush:

    Yeah, less zeta on CLS, R2, Han (6) squads. And less on the GK, Bariss, R2, DN, Thrawn (5).
  • Options
    Theorose wrote: »
    Vicarious wrote: »
    You keep adding more and more Zetas to chars. On top of that a lot of the new chars have multiple zeta abilities themselves. Certain chars almost have to be zeta’d Like Jyn and Finn to name just two.

    With the zeta drop rates from ship challenges being so low (like all drop rates.... sigh), players don’t have an option to “try a zeta” ....nice try lol.

    How about offering other ways for players to obtain Zeta mats? You include them in some Japanese packs and they also are included elsewhere for them..... you plan on being fare to the rest of your player base anytime soon and giving everyone a chance to acquire more?? So far from what I have seen Japanese players have an average of 4 more zeta abilities then the rest of your player base.

    Can you please advise what the hell it is about with the japanese market? That they can buy Zetas in packs ??
    Is this really true ??? @CG_Kozispoon

    Sure, @Theorose Zeta ability materials available via packs was NOT an intended feature. The packs have been removed from the store and the issue has been addressed.

    @CG_Kozispoon thanks for clarifying this and getting back so quickly.

    Anyway are you planning any other ways that we can acquire Zeta mats?
    The way of farming them from the challenges is a real nightmare.
    Sometime we get ZERO Zeta mats from the challenges in 2 weeks.
    Thats not cool at all, especially when you are adding more & more Zeta toons to the game.

    At least a guarantee of 2 Zeta mats out of 4 challenges or somewhere else the possibilty to farm them.

    Please do something :)

    Many thanks.

  • Options
    Surely you need to add Zeta to the daily activity now like you did Omega. It's only 1.5 per month.
  • Options
    New phx upgrades and we re all about zetas.
    Easily fixable- more ds ships. It's by design ds ships are so limited.
    Increase the challenges to 3 attempts.
    When level goes to 90? ... once 90 is reached a zeta and omega in the rewards.
    Added bonus - crystals in fleet arena rewards.
  • Options
    Gotta say, Ezra is the only one worth to be geared high, and his zeta is just... bad.
    50% bonus is nice and all, but dont mistake it with Han double-tap. while han have this 50% bonus damage (in another hit, but its still 50% bonus) ON BASIC, he can do it a lot, and on counters and assist.
    doing a zeta that bring 50% more damage on a special... is just not that good.
    if his zeta would be a unique that just give him 50% more offense at the start of battle, i'd do it.
    like this.. what a waste. disappointed, and im an ezra user on arena.. have him g12. the 25% TM and def up is nothing. 50% damage is not good enough... just disappointing.
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I’ll never be able to wrap my head around the Phoenix squad. Their kits are such a kitten of random stat boosts. They have no synergies besides sharing uniques under Hera, and really all that’s doing is sharing more stat boosts. It never feels like playing with a team, but instead playing with 5 random toons that don’t know how to work together.
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Perdogie wrote: »
    I’ll never be able to wrap my head around the Phoenix squad. Their kits are such a kitten of random stat boosts. They have no synergies besides sharing uniques under Hera, and really all that’s doing is sharing more stat boosts. It never feels like playing with a team, but instead playing with 5 random toons that don’t know how to work together.

    Weird. Because I feel the exact opposite. 5 random toons has arena written all over it. Phx squad is probably one of the best designed factions in the game. They are about survivability with chop and a little (not much) damage with Sabine. This team should be played with one another for best results and look at all that they bring you. I wish more factions/teams were designed as well as them.
    I think the rebels cartoon gets a lot of flack, the way we panicked farm for thrawn event, and that they aren't really a shoot em up bang bang team, gives them a bad rep. Which is great not every new toon needs to be meta in arena.
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
  • Options
    1 zeta takes a quick 2-3 month to get, 5 Pheonix squads members will probably take me a good quick 10-15 months to zeta so ... maybe after a quick year and some month I can try these new zeta abilitites... I just hope EA/CG doesnt add new legendary toons or reworks toons that have a greater utility than the phoenix members... because i swear it will make me digress from my plans to zeta the pheonixes then it will really take me a quick 2 years to get them zeta .... but by then i probably wont be playing this game anymore as my wife will try a quick divorce because im spending 2-3 hours a night trying to kill the rediculously over tooned squads with 100% counter attacks (CLS lead, wedge, thrawn..) and 100% multi-attack (leia, han solo) of nodes 11 & 12 of GW... (I can kill them... its just time consuming, everyday its the same squads (cls lead, thrawn, han solo, zariss, z2d2, chaze, GK) Theres over 150 toons in this game, yet every day its a variation of the same 7 toons with maybe a DN, Rey, shoretrooper, zavage, zooku - to "mix it up".... its getting sofa king boring... to the point that im not even motivated to completing gw anymore im starting to value sleep over this game guys.... better pick it up soon @cg_KoziSosei ... i mean @CG_Kozispoon - Thanks
  • Options
    Phx should be the toons given when someone starts swgoh. They are the key to so many legendary events. Viable in haat tb of course, and they have ships.

    They also would teach an important lesson early. Gear 8 and up is tough.

    Ehm ... no. They shouldn't be available at the start of the game for the exact reasons you are giving.

    Starting the game with a good, high synergy team would totally criple your game, as you would not be forced to work out synergies other than the obvious ones until midgame or late game, and that would create a massive increase in difficulty late on.

    You should on the other hand be forced to experiment with those things early on, so you get a common understanding of the game mechanics, so you are ready for when the going gets tough.
  • Options
    So many toons requiring so many zetas. It would be wonderful to be able to use these toons, however zetas requiring an enormous amount of purples and omegas needs to go away.
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Phx should be the toons given when someone starts swgoh. They are the key to so many legendary events. Viable in haat tb of course, and they have ships.

    They also would teach an important lesson early. Gear 8 and up is tough.

    Ehm ... no. They shouldn't be available at the start of the game for the exact reasons you are giving.

    Starting the game with a good, high synergy team would totally criple your game, as you would not be forced to work out synergies other than the obvious ones until midgame or late game, and that would create a massive increase in difficulty late on.

    You should on the other hand be forced to experiment with those things early on, so you get a common understanding of the game mechanics, so you are ready for when the going gets tough.
    Great points! I guess I was meaning towards how daunting it would be to be a newbie at the here and now.
  • Options
    Yes, the zetas suck. I still say people would spend more money if they had access to more zetas (the only reason I'm not taking this team to G12 is because I can't give them zetas).

    But forgetting all that, is this a meta team now? Let's be honest, if you zeta the entire team this is a MASSIVE improvement. The TM gain and cooldown reduction will allow for either significantly more damage or more CC. Sabines AOE stagger and then calling zeb to stun them all with assists could be huge. There are other combos that are intriguing as well. This really is an outstanding improvement, if you look past the fact that it's not obtainable for most.
  • Options
    Yes, the zetas suck. I still say people would spend more money if they had access to more zetas (the only reason I'm not taking this team to G12 is because I can't give them zetas).

    But forgetting all that, is this a meta team now? Let's be honest, if you zeta the entire team this is a MASSIVE improvement. The TM gain and cooldown reduction will allow for either significantly more damage or more CC. Sabines AOE stagger and then calling zeb to stun them all with assists could be huge. There are other combos that are intriguing as well. This really is an outstanding improvement, if you look past the fact that it's not obtainable for most.
    Until it's easier to gear the whole faction up- g8 is where they will stay for me.
  • Options
    Yes, the zetas suck. I still say people would spend more money if they had access to more zetas (the only reason I'm not taking this team to G12 is because I can't give them zetas).

    But forgetting all that, is this a meta team now? Let's be honest, if you zeta the entire team this is a MASSIVE improvement. The TM gain and cooldown reduction will allow for either significantly more damage or more CC. Sabines AOE stagger and then calling zeb to stun them all with assists could be huge. There are other combos that are intriguing as well. This really is an outstanding improvement, if you look past the fact that it's not obtainable for most.
    Until it's easier to gear the whole faction up- g8 is where they will stay for me.

    I'm mainly hoarding gear for the next meta change at the moment, so I'm willing to spend the gear. But zetas simply aren't an option.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon will we get this update to Phoenix before Thrawn returns on Saturday?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon will we get this update to Phoenix before Thrawn returns on Saturday?

    Yes, need to know this, AND if Phoenix packs will be added to the Store, preferably the $20 80 shard packs of individual characters.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Nedus
    91 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon will we get this update to Phoenix before Thrawn returns on Saturday?

    You don't need zetas on them to complete tier 7... maybe they'll add zetas right after the event, imagine how wonderful would that be... ...
  • Options
    Phoenix Zeta & Omega Changes

    Good Morning, @CG_Kozispoon ! Can you please put a copy of (or link to) major news like this in the News or Game Updates bulletin in the future? Those are the places a lot of players check routinely for things like, uhm... news and game updates. :smiley: It would be much appreciated by many.
    Meatbag
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Phx is probably the best synergized faction.

    And yet they scale horrifically badly as your overall GP increases. Their damage output is a complete and total joke.

    They can only defeat phase 3 (maybe higher, haven’t tried cause eff sitting through those fights) TB Combat Missions (not talking their special rewards mission) due to their insane survivability and it’s brutal in fight 5 and 6 in those because it takes FOREVER for them to kill anything. Especially if there are Snowtrooper Commanders present constantly giving the protection boosts.

    These zetas seem to do very little to fix the damage output. They mostly just seem to add more survivability.

    The one thing they seem to do that is useful is continue to make Ezra one of the few in the group that is useful for other parties.
    Post edited by Bigbearxba on
  • Options
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Phx is probably the best synergized faction.

    And yet they scale horrifically badly as your overall GP increases. Their damage output is a complete and total joke.

    They can only defeat phase 2 TB Combat Missions (not talking their special rewards mission) due to their insane survivability and it’s brutal in fight 5 and 6 in those because it takes FOREVER for them to kill anything. Especially if there are Snowtrooper Commanders present constantly giving the protection boosts.

    These zetas seem to do very little to fix the damage output. They mostly just seem to add more survivability.

    The one thing they seem to do that is useful is continue to make Ezra one of the few in the group that is useful for other parties.

    Umm, take a look at Ezra and Sabines new zeta if you think damage output didn't increase.

    I feel pretty confident a Phoenix squad can hang with the meta...if you can afford them...
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).

    The abilities that got Zetas top out at level 7 right now. Not currently Omega abilities.

    That's incorrect...All abilities are currently omegas at the highest level. We need to know what's going to happen with existing omega materials...will they be refunded, will I lose abilities that are already omega, or will they just become the new zeta ability?
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).

    The abilities that got Zetas top out at level 7 right now. Not currently Omega abilities.

    That's incorrect...All abilities are currently omegas at the highest level. We need to know what's going to happen with existing omega materials...will they be refunded, will I lose abilities that are already omega, or will they just become the new zeta ability?

    You are wrong. All the abilities that they are adding Zetas on are currently maxed at level 7. They are not Omega abilities.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Umm, take a look at Ezra and Sabines new zeta if you think damage output didn't increase.

    I feel pretty confident a Phoenix squad can hang with the meta...if you can afford them...

    Of course the damage increased. The question is how much and will it be enough to make the group useful as more than just a starter group, an early phase TB combat mission group and a tool to get Thrawn.

    If the damage oriented zetas were for their unique abilities and did more to help the other toons I would be more inclined to believe. As it is I have a wait and see attitude to see how much adding damage to Flourish will really help. Sabine’s at least should help the others do a bit more damage. But I doubt it will be much more than a drop in the bucket.


    Without SIGNIFICANT damage upgrades this team can only hope for a time limit draw against any team with Zariss. Zavage can probably still solo them so all good Sith squads still beat them easily. The good zQGJ probably still handle phoenix easily. And they are likely still nowhere close to the CLS squads, the better rebel squads, Resistance or the Empire Trooper squads. Hell, First Order probably kills them easily.
    Post edited by Bigbearxba on
  • Options
    Phoenix Zeta & Omega Changes

    Good Morning, @CG_Kozispoon ! Can you please put a copy of (or link to) major news like this in the News or Game Updates bulletin in the future? Those are the places a lot of players check routinely for things like, uhm... news and game updates. :smiley: It would be much appreciated by many.

    Dear god yes! One place for ALL game changes please.
Sign In or Register to comment.