Guild Vs. Guild... Who asked for more content?

Prev13456711
I honestly don't understand. The main complaints in this game is the time that it consumed. Terrority battles have made it just that much worse. You'd think they'd announce a change to GW or something that would reduce the time suck of this game. Instead, they've announced another game mode and a second terrority battle. Even more farming. Haven't we all seen the amount of burn out happening in the guilds lately?

Replies

• Options
    +1.. we needed less time constraints not additional ones! Guild leaders need less of a headache not more of one!
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Options

Thank god they will add guild wars, i was about to quit the game due to how boring TB is
  • Options
    I agree 100%.

There is WAY too much that _requires_ full participation already.

THIS IS A MOBILE GAME!!

IF they wanted to make it such a massive and robust game, they should have made it for PC/Consoles.

Stop with the new game modes and please focus on making what there is better.

How about start simplifying existing content? That would be nice.

Let's start with Galactic Chore everyday. How about just give us the three hard nodes and leave it at that?

Then, there is TB... After the first three phases it starts to get really repetitive and boring, tbh. How about get rid of the first 3 phases and just let us do the 3 that matter? Or, because lower gp needs things too, just automagically give all the rewards for the first 3 phases to guilds with massively over the top gp so they can just focus on the last three? Let's face it, there is no way a guild with 100mm gp is going to not get 3* across the board on the first 3 phases.

SIMPLIFY and cut down the time demand. It's getting really really bad.
  • crzydroid
    7348 posts Moderator
    Options
    In before merge. Ha ha, Guild vs. Guild is actually the one thing people HAVE been asking for. I feel they could have gone straight to that and bypassed current TB, though.
  • Options
    I agree 100%.

There is WAY too much that _requires_ full participation already.

THIS IS A MOBILE GAME!!

IF they wanted to make it such a massive and robust game, they should have made it for PC/Consoles.

Stop with the new game modes and please focus on making what there is better.

How about start simplifying existing content? That would be nice.

Let's start with Galactic Chore everyday. How about just give us the three hard nodes and leave it at that?

Then, there is TB... After the first three phases it starts to get really repetitive and boring, tbh. How about get rid of the first 3 phases and just let us do the 3 that matter? Or, because lower gp needs things too, just automagically give all the rewards for the first 3 phases to guilds with massively over the top gp so they can just focus on the last three? Let's face it, there is no way a guild with 100mm gp is going to not get 3* across the board on the first 3 phases.

SIMPLIFY and cut down the time demand. It's getting really really bad.

Can't agree more. TB battles need to at least be 3 instead of 6. Honestly, if they just made GW a sandbox mode and gave us the rewards daily for free the game would be way better. Nobody in my guild liked GW at all.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    My major pain is GW. It continues to get harder as more gear/skills is upgraded. It used to take me 13 minutes to complete GW before G12, now it takes me anywhere between 30-60 minutes to complete it. The other pain having to log on multiple times to complete all challenges. Everything else is a reasonable time sink when you get into the grove of things.
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Options
    You guys that complain that the game is taking too much of your time - have you maybe considered not playing the game that much? Like, don't turn it on? Do something else? Work, play with your kids, paint, run, anything?

God, not that you're imprisoned and forced to play.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    After a few logins throughout the day I run out of stuff to do even with TB, which inhales/(entertains for) 10 minutes of my time. Game is kinda stale if anything IMO.

Give us GvG!!!
  • Options
    Matke wrote: »
    You guys that complain that the game is taking too much of your time - have you maybe considered not playing the game that much? Like, don't turn it on? Do something else? Work, play with your kids, paint, run, anything?

The game, personally, isn't worth playing if you aren't playing it to the fullest. If you don't complete these time sucks, you can't compete at the highest level of the game. That's the complaint. It is a mobile game and it requires too much time to keep up.
  • Options
    Another way to simplify: Dump the timers on challenges. Frankly, they aren't needed anymore. We are past that. Why drag it out so long other than to pray to extort money out of people during the 10 minutes they wait for next chance to push a button? Just get rid of them already. Pressure to buy is plenty high with all the other activities going on.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Another way to simplify: Dump the timers on challenges. Frankly, they aren't needed anymore. We are past that. Why drag it out so long other than to pray to extort money out of people during the 10 minutes they wait for next chance to push a button? Just get rid of them already. Pressure to buy is plenty high with all the other activities going on.

+1
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Options
    aeaswen wrote: »

The game, personally, isn't worth playing if you aren't playing it to the fullest. If you don't complete these time sucks, you can't compete at the highest level of the game. That's the complaint. It is a mobile game and it requires too much time to keep up.

So you basically want that they adjust game design according to your spare time.

I, and I believe a lot of other players, are against this. Who wants to be competitive should play the game. You can always play the game for fun and forget competitiveness.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Options
    I welcome more content. Just because it's a mobile game doesn't mean it has to be a quicky. I say the more content, the better.
  • Options

Thank god they will add guild wars, i was about to quit the game due to how boring TB is

What leads you to believe guild wars will be anymore interesting? This company is basically a one trick pony. Take what we currently have as far as PvP goes, apply the territory battles framework. There, you have guild wars.
  • Options
    I'm with a few mentions on here. G vs G would be way more exciting, maybe, if GW or TB were different.

Plus, unlike the repetitive TB battles -- G vs G is just going to be MORE battles like GW.

Except, when playing at level, it's going to be 50 on 50 CLS verse CLS.
    tenor.gif
    party time...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

+100
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Options
    snowhut wrote: »

What leads you to believe guild wars will be anymore interesting? This company is basically a one trick pony. Take what we currently have as far as PvP goes, apply the territory battles framework. There, you have guild wars.

I agree that the mechanics are a bit stale, but that ain't gonna change now. That's why they should involve some creativity and make it interesting through existing possibilities.

Tbh when I saw TB I couldn't believe how dull it is. they've spent 1 whole year on designing endless waves of billion health snowtroopers. They need to step up their game fast or people actually will leave.
  • Options
    My problem with GvG is that it could destroy guilds and recruiting as we know it. HAAT and TB already make recruiting next to impossible...GvG could wreck the whole thing permanently.
  • Options
    TB is a disaster, yet here we go every week with it. They "fixed" it they said, yet tons of toons needed for the missions are still needed in multiples in platoons. GW has become a nightmare and many players can't finish due to the way the new gear has gone and the over-balanced toons we keep getting thrown out there.
    So why should I believe guild v guild will be great? In the announcement it sounds like they don't want small guilds.
  • Options

So you basically want that they adjust game design according to your spare time.

I, and I believe a lot of other players, are against this. Who wants to be competitive should play the game. You can always play the game for fun and forget competitiveness.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Judging from the reports of player burnout i've seen from other guilds, my personal experience, and the experience of my guild; I'm not sure you have the pulse of the player base on this.
  • Options
    snowhut wrote: »

I agree that the mechanics are a bit stale, but that ain't gonna change now. That's why they should involve some creativity and make it interesting through existing possibilities.

Tbh when I saw TB I couldn't believe how dull it is. they've spent 1 whole year on designing endless waves of billion health snowtroopers. They need to step up their game fast or people actually will leave.

I agree that a little creativity would be nice. Unfortunately, we're dealing with one of the most risk averse publishers in the history of gaming.
  • Options
    I did! I asked for more content! I asked for Guild vs Guild!

Who knows how well this will be executed, but the thing I love about PVP is you never outgrow it. Most other areas of the game have become ridiculously easy for long term players. I can auto GW. Most of my guild can solo the raids. TB are difficult now but eventually they will be the same way. But PVP modes are dynamic and will always be a challenge. So even though I obviously can't comment about how fun this mode will be, it's guaranteed to present an ever present challenge for guilds to work towards.
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    My problem with GvG is that it could destroy guilds and recruiting as we know it. HAAT and TB already make recruiting next to impossible...GvG could wreck the whole thing permanently.

I like our guild, most are home grown and we are are doing it the fun way. We can only get 13 stars but the members are happy, except for tb, with grinding toons up and playing. We try to recruit some players but a lot of them want in a bigger guild and don't want to be team players
  • Options

Who knows how well this will be executed, but the thing I love about PVP is you never outgrow it. Most other areas of the game have become ridiculously easy for long term players. I can auto GW. Most of my guild can solo the raids. TB are difficult now but eventually they will be the same way. But PVP modes are dynamic and will always be a challenge. So even though I obviously can't comment about how fun this mode will be, it's guaranteed to present an ever present challenge for guilds to work towards.

Please do tell what squad you have that can auto through CLS lead teams in Nodes 6, 9, 11, & 12.
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Wiggs, r2, raid han, sthan do first 11 nodes for me in like 6,7 minutes. I admit I don't auto but when I get CLS I will. I ALMOST auto it, do it with 10% of the brain when I'm reading a book.

The GW is boring as well after you complete 200 of them.
  • Options
    Staubie12 wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »

I like our guild, most are home grown and we are are doing it the fun way. We can only get 13 stars but the members are happy, except for tb, with grinding toons up and playing. We try to recruit some players but a lot of them want in a bigger guild and don't want to be team players

Sure...but a large percentage of the guilds have lost heavies/whales to better guilds. What if a number of your best players left and you are down to 7 or 8 stars? That is what has been happening.
  • Options

Please do tell what squad you have that can auto through CLS lead teams in Nodes 6, 9, 11, & 12.

I didn't say a single squad. I don't bother trying to keep my squads alive (my resistance team can go through all 12 nodes with ease if anything goes wrong). But i usually start with and Empire led Thrawn team. His protection regen makes them last for a while. Then I put in CLS/Han/Ahsoka/R2/Leia. Sometimes that alone finishes it. If not up next I use my Wiggs/Chaze/Lando team. Then it's my Sith team. Then up next is my Boba/Kylo/GK/Rex/B2 group (never gotten that far). And as I said, last line is resistance if I ever need to manually play it.
  • Options
    We will keep on going. From the announcement it seems like they don't want guilds like mine, they want all big boy guilds.
  • Options
    Wiggs, r2, raid han, sthan do first 11 nodes for me in like 6,7 minutes. I admit I don't auto but when I get CLS I will. I ALMOST auto it, do it with 10% of the brain when I'm reading a book.

The GW is boring as well after you complete 200 of them.

I have g12 zeta'd CLS/Raid Han/R2. Finish top 20 in arena every day and have a secondary g11 maxed zader team. haven't finished GW in a month. I get a minimum of three CLS led g12 teams per GW. I don't believe any of you folks are getting through what I get unless you are full G12 with every zeta imaginable.
  • Options
    Yeah stop adding content to the game. You're making it too time consuming. (Sarcasm btw)