The state of the galaxy: a player’s perspective

13Next

Replies

• Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    I'm confused by the whole thing with zeta materials. You can't buy them. Challenges or fleet store, that's where you get them, and has nothing to do with being free-to-play or not. There's no zeta packs for anyone to go and buy.

I'm looking at the issue being the accessibility of zeta materials vs the number of zeta abilities on characters. Just, generically, we can farm 20 Zetas a month while CG releases, say, 4 toons a month with zeta abilities. The mats are rare and we've got to be choosy about how we use them. Fine. That then becomes - we farm 20 mats a month while CG releases 11 abilities a month. It's relative. After a couple months, then what? You just draw out a three year plan of action? It feels completely unbalanced now. There's abilities I'd love to try out, teams to experiment with, especially with territory battles, but, no way. Not even an option at this rate.

I'm going to have to agree with you, I was lucky and axed the ship challenge early, so I started stockpiling zetas. I have done 4 to this point, and I have enough to do two more... but which of the 25 should I do??
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Options
    McMole should not have had to apologize. The folks over at EA need to grow a pair and learn how to take constructive criticism
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    McMole should not have had to apologize. The folks over at EA need to grow a pair and learn how to take constructive criticism

Well that's what happens when a game is ran with ego instead of pride.

• Options
    Felt real bad for McMole in that 2nd Vid, I am not going to write what I want as I am down to zero warnings.
  • Options
    everything mentioned in this video is spot on. nailed everything that a player is feeling right now.

frustration.
  • Options
    I totally agree with McMole except for the mod sets. Horrible drop rates for gear and zetas, horrible communication from dev's, not following through with moving toons to cards and then to nodes, etc., and is taking way too much time to play for a mobile game.
  • Options
    I think the issue with Zeta revolves around the “flavor of the month” character release/restructure system we have seen so often. There isn’t anything wrong with needing to wait a while to zeta abilities... but, the worry that a good character will get reworked or someone else will become the new CLS is scary.

The time investment to get a single zeta ability, to be unsure of the future of using that ability is just too much. Either they need to make zeta abilities way more rare than they are, or increase the drop rates. They could put a straight up zeta pack (10- zeta materials for $9.99 or something insane) in the store and it would be better than we have now.

I don’t mind investing gear and mods into a character I might end up shelving later, but the zeta right now are just too expensive to consider that an ok prospect.
  • Options
    As a long time player and lover of swgoh this situation surrounding Mcmole2's State of the galaxy video greatly upsets me, and CG's decision to expel him from the Game Changers program begs the question: Exactly who's representatives do you think The Game Changers are?

From your actions it appears that you believe them to be CG's representatives to the players but I'd argue the exact opposite is true. The Game Changers are the player-base's representatives to CG, they are Game Changers because we chose to follow them, to like their videos, to subscribe to their channels and donate to their Patreons, we chose to support their content and when you expel one of our representatives, someone highly influential and respected in the community, for simply saying what everyone is thinking, we the player base feel like you spit in our faces. It's like we sent you our ambassador to negotiate and instead of listening to our concerns, you killed him. An especially appropriate analogy considering he's announced he's going to be dedicating his channel to other thing so we'll no longer have his guidance and theory-crafting.

I doubt you realize how much credibility the entire Game Changers program has lost because you're trying to censor their content. Whether through expulsion from the Game Changers or any other means, any censorship leaves us wondering, "what would they have said when not under duress?" I already hear the Game Changers using terms similar to, "I hope I dont get in trouble for this but...", showing that they're already sinking into a mindset in which they need to censor themselves, and we, the player-base dont want their developer-approved opinions, we want their real heartfelt opinions, and you, the developers, should too.

Mcmole2's state of the galaxy video came to my attention when the leader of my 250 player alliance asked that everyone to like and share it in hopes that the developers would see it's, poignant message. Unfortuantely you didn't find our opinions valuable and decided to kill the messenger and it's not a very big step from here to Warrior being removed for letting people know which pack purchases are worthwhile and which aren't or Ahnaldt101 and mobilegamer being kicked for saying that releasing characters behind a 2 year buy wall is bad for the game.

I've invested a decent amount of money into this game, so I, like so many other, have a vested interest in the direction this game goes, and this game going from a free to play game in which you have the option to buy things to save time, to a game that forces you to spend $300 each on characters inorder to get enough zeta mats does anything but improve the possibility of me investing any more in this game's future, especially when I don't feel the concerns of the player base are being addressed.

I'd urge you to reverse your decision regarding Mcmole2's expulsion from the Game Changer program and avoid emotional responses to our honest opinions in the future.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Is this like a weak troll attempt? Mcmole wasn't kicked for voicing his opinion, I thought we'd established this.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe you should see his follow-up videos!
  • Options
    dude has a feeling about it and the state of things and he's expressing it. The appearance/timing of the dismissal looked bad and left a bad taste in many players' mouths, regardless of the unknown actual offense. Exile should tell them how he feels. People gotta get over the whole troll thing
  • Options
    ExileSisu wrote: »
    As a long time player and lover of swgoh this situation surrounding Mcmole2's State of the galaxy video greatly upsets me, and CG's decision to expel him from the Game Changers program begs the question: Exactly who's representatives do you think The Game Changers are?

From your actions it appears that you believe them to be CG's representatives to the players but I'd argue the exact opposite is true. The Game Changers are the player-base's representatives to CG, they are Game Changers because we chose to follow them, to like their videos, to subscribe to their channels and donate to their Patreons, we chose to support their content and when you expel one of our representatives, someone highly influential and respected in the community, for simply saying what everyone is thinking, we the player base feel like you spit in our faces. It's like we sent you our ambassador to negotiate and instead of listening to our concerns, you killed him. An especially appropriate analogy considering he's announced he's going to be dedicating his channel to other thing so we'll no longer have his guidance and theory-crafting.

I doubt you realize how much credibility the entire Game Changers program has lost because you're trying to censor their content. Whether through expulsion from the Game Changers or any other means, any censorship leaves us wondering, "what would they have said when not under duress?" I already hear the Game Changers using terms similar to, "I hope I dont get in trouble for this but...", showing that they're already sinking into a mindset in which they need to censor themselves, and we, the player-base dont want their developer-approved opinions, we want their real heartfelt opinions, and you, the developers, should too.

Mcmole2's state of the galaxy video came to my attention when the leader of my 250 player alliance asked that everyone to like and share it in hopes that the developers would see it's, poignant message. Unfortuantely you didn't find our opinions valuable and decided to kill the messenger and it's not a very big step from here to Warrior being removed for letting people know which pack purchases are worthwhile and which aren't or Ahnaldt101 and mobilegamer being kicked for saying that releasing characters behind a 2 year buy wall is bad for the game.

I've invested a decent amount of money into this game, so I, like so many other, have a vested interest in the direction this game goes, and this game going from a free to play game in which you have the option to buy things to save time, to a game that forces you to spend $300 each on characters inorder to get enough zeta mats does anything but improve the possibility of me investing any more in this game's future, especially when I don't feel the concerns of the player base are being addressed.

I'd urge you to reverse your decision regarding Mcmole2's expulsion from the Game Changer program and avoid emotional responses to our honest opinions in the future.

Imo, Game changers are CG's representatives. McMole himself said there was an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). This means CG has rights about what can be disclosed/discussed.

All the rest of what you wrote is just trying to cause an uproar.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Imo, Game changers are CG's representatives. McMole himself said there was an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). This means CG has rights about what can be disclosed/discussed.

All the rest of what you wrote is just trying to cause an uproar.[/quote]

Why shouldn't he? McMole's video is spot on about the issues. So unless CG wants to come out and say he wasn't ditched for giving them a well-deserved critique. Hey if people want to line the pockets of a company that treats them like that... have at it.

• Options

Why shouldn't he? McMole's video is spot on about the issues. So unless CG wants to come out and say he wasn't ditched for giving them a well-deserved critique. Hey if people want to line the pockets of a company that treats them like that... have at it.

[/quote]

You missed my point. How YOU feel makes no difference to the law.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options

You missed my point. How YOU feel makes no difference to the law.[/quote]

NDA only means you cant disclose information - it wouldn't include his opinions on the state of the current game. Nothing he said in his video would've violated a NDA.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree

quote="Seigi;c-1309565"]The big things that I could say, others already said.

SoccorboyAP-

||||RAIDS||||
    - Auto register all guild members when raids are launched
    - Recalculate drop rates, Heroic HAAT should drop more gear boxes (3 at low rank, 5 at high rank) even at a lower rank

||||USER INTERFACE||||
    - Mod Manager/Mod Sets/Mod Costs
    - Balance energy generation/usage/refresh cost (stop making Cantina energy a gate)
    - Fix Buff/Debuff markers
    - Show Turn Meter on upper right hand corner enemy display (along with protection/health)
    - Show #'s on enemy prot/health/tm... a bar isn't sufficient to determine combat details
    - PLEASE shuffle the gear each month in the daily challenges... we have THOUSANDS of pieces of useless gear because it's underutilised.... but we keep getting more daily from challenges.

||||CHARACTERS||||
    - No New Characters... take a hiatus (6 months minimum.... after TLJ), we are tired of chase grinding
    - Don't add more gear levels, change the structure of how all gear is used
    - Stop adding more levels to grind out 5 tiers of mods to create one high level gear piece, make a gear piece
    associated only to its own level.
    - No more OP characters... Thrawn, Palpatine, R2, CLS have all thrown a major rift in the game and drastically shift the balance of power in the game. Also, making these short notice events leaves many people waiting until the next legendary event leaving those players WAY behind the power curve.. CLS is needed for TB but those who missed him are now far less useful in TB.
    - Record player combat actions from Arena top matches and use that player generated data to make a smarter AI. The AI for AUTO is very dumb.... both in characters and ships.

||||GUILD||||
    - Give guild leaders/officers more tools to manage/track their guilds
    - Guild vault, allow guilds to help their members more than just one gear request every 24hrs. Also allow more than just gear to be exchanged; mods, gear, money, shards, store currencies, ability mats, etc

||||GALACTIC WAR|||||
    - Adjust the power levels per node, when a player who has NO G12 characters has a node 12 with all G12 characters (plus Zeta's)... this makes GW for the regular player, impossible. Or we are using (taking a lot of time) to run 3, 4, 5 G11/G10 teams to beat Node 12.

Along with The Zebestain-

1. Yes, there's too many Zeta abilities upgrades for not enough Zeta materials available.

2. The gear pieces there are currently used in the game are unbalanced. Too many of one kind, not enough of the other one. Also, there are many holding stages for leveling a character's gear up (too many salvage pieces from level 9 to 10, many more from 10 to 11 and so on) and with each new gear tier, this is going to be increasingly harder. So why not ease the previous gear crunch after the launch of a new gear tier?

3. The Raid rewards are unbalanced. Let's say that 21 people solo the Rancor, they will all have the same amount of damage inflicted (or pretty close) and then two of them get very different rewards because by randomness one is ranked at 1 and the other at 21. Why don't give rewards based on the damage done?

4. The rewards given for a prize box are mostly undesired for many people. And I'm not talking about the possible ones, it's about the one you actually get when you open the box. There should be a smarter prize system where it identifies a disered gear piece based on your favourite list (or something like that)

5. Many people have different commitments and can't login every other hour. But the game has too many cooldowns in various areas or some features need at lot of time to complete (hello territory battle) and this is becoming less player friendly. The Flash Events weren't player friendly either, exactly because if you wanted to do it every time it came around, you'd need to login every now and then.

6. About mods: moving them around should be easier and there should be a separate energy for them, because players who just are relatively new to the game have this huge dilemma "Do I spend Cantina Energy to farm all the characters I need in the the many different areas of the game or do I farm mods to improve this or that character?"

7. The game updates kinda weird as of now. For example, in one forum post, it was hinted that Thrawn would come back along with a Phoenix improvement, but in October's monthly schedule post, there was no mention about this event and then, out of nowhere, Thrawn event was announced return.

8. Recently, there are too many legendary events. Aren't these supposed to be a rare occasion?

9. Character cadence is really lackluster as of now.

10. Some commented that all solutions that were said on this video don't give money to the developers directly, but I disagree. Because this is kinda scaring people away. I started playing the game with about 5 other friends. Now, we are 2. And those who left, said basically that they weren't happy with the game anymore[/quote]

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Mcmole likely got kicked because he violated the NDA. Remember the whole Phoenix Zeta reveal debacle? Everyone know about it before CG was ready to inform the players and only the GCs had such access.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"