Yoda Event is Now Closed - So How'd You Do?

Prev1
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited February 2016
Just trying to get a gauge on where everyone is at with the Yoda challenge.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Yoda Event is Now Closed - So How'd You Do? 293 votes

I have 7* Yoda - killed it!
9%
PuttinInWorkXzerynEnigmaticienKang0306RavageZtyleZemitMojubaAscansiofberberttrillizo_y_unomoongodQuicksilverAKK889LoveLoveRiceEightysFherLordRathOobydoobDefinitivePoeCounter 28 votes
I have 6* Yoda
12%
JJHCobratatGenakumaBarrokPsychorDrPancakesSniperchiefVampire_XYojeVawreeBerdilioMeetraSurikPrimeTimeMasterOneHitYendorDarthNicoAlecationSlevinBurgerElyndriaDarthVaneJohnnyMakeBelieve 38 votes
Got the bare minimum - 5* Yoda for me
26%
Aneil915TaniwhaFLIK87KaatTheRenegadeAmish_AcedarksideSkitskalleStevoHuitzyJaegerAbyssTagichatnSticare_Courts_0073MAdelShadowHoundPindasauskanonStarSonBenr3600Randall 77 votes
No Yoda - but I will get him next month (maybe even 6* or 7*)
40%
LargKelleinSundodgerCourierdjwarcrOregonWeedBigfoot1080BuddhabonefikretkuruChemist14CharlesbusaRogerfanHamZoloKmilla10CobrasManoAceyducey10thDanManScorpion1980Zach2357BogsquashGrueniHH 118 votes
No Yoda - and no plans to (please explain)
8%
ventselSlythRinnNutteralexItscaptainphasmaeffdashKAULIReyOPShenzorEleiemDingleTingleNONcomMrTeleportohipjpLordZenSentraxHershBathensRaikirejedii_2040bigspring78Arube 25 votes
Other (please explain)
2%
RolfRaventrobEricsonXHeisenMoffdiverYudokatrellent 7 votes

Replies

• Options
    Also feel free to add what team you used, any pertinent info (like "Had a 7* team, but couldn't beat him", "had a 6* team but settled for 5* Yoda", didn't get him this month, but will be able to 6* next" etc.) Thanks!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Other (please explain)
    I'll try to get him eventually, but probably won't be ready by next month. There's just too much other farming to do first before I can devote my resources to Jedi I wouldn't otherwise be using.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    21 days until the Event Returns i cant wait. Until then I have to stare at my 100 shards :(
  • Options
    21 days until the Event Returns i cant wait. Until then I have to stare at my 100 shards :(

Lol - I hear you. And with QGJ about 6 days late to make it to 5 this time around.

• Options
    I just started playing in the last month or so. Got 4/5 to 5*. Was about 30 shards for 3 different Jedi from getting 5/5. This is after getting the Jedi pack and numerous attempts at chromium. Feeling really deflated and unlucky.
  • Options
    13 shards shy of getting 6*. I made a push beginning of week & EA got my $ on refills but each day I had such a pathetic drop rate I gave up & went compleatly free.
  • Options
    His 7* battle is fun and pretty challenging, overall I loved this event and wish we had 1 of these every week. I wouldn't need a new character in them either, but crystals, credits etc would work. I just like doing the boss battles. Anyways.....

I originally used for 2 days and couldn't beat him...

Barriss / Lumi lead
    QGJ
    JC
    Ahsoka

I got lucky in 1 8 pack to finish my Kit 7* and then after a handful of tries I beat him with but with some super lucky dodges/deflections...

Barriss lead
    Lumi
    QGJ
    JC
    Kit
  • Options
    Stopping my current farming plan to farm Jedi would set me back too far. Jedi are cool and all, but I'm good with what I have currently. I'll get around to him one day.
  • Options
    Ended up with
    7* Luminara
    5* JC
    4* QGJ
    and 80 shards for MAce + 28 Shards for Ashoka, but decided not to activate them since there was no point (as I would not be able to unlock Yoda). With some luck (I am due for a bit of luck since I hadn't got any), I might pull one of them, or even Barriss in a Bronzium and unlock Yoda next time.
  • Options
    I Got the 5* Yoda this time. Next month i should be able to get the 6* version and go for the 7* in April. Not too bad.

My 7* team will be-

QGJ
    Barris
    JC
    Lumi
    Eeerh Koth
  • Options
    I have 6* Yoda
    Had 6 7* Jedi (QGJ, JC, Aayla, Kit, Lumi, and Ahsoka), but only made it to lvl 66 4 jedi gear 7, 2 gear 8... Just wasn't enough to beat last tier. Next time should be all 70 and gear/abilities maxed. Will have Mace and Eth 7* by then as well.
  • Options
    Working on a team of 5*
  • Options
    From the looks of it, I will have a final Jedi at 7* several hours before the next Yoda event is closed. Could be tricky I guess...
  • Options
    Currently:

Lumi 6* 41/100
    JC 5* 1/85
    QGJ 4* 56/65
    Eeth Koth 4* 21/65
    IGD 4* 16/65
    Mace 4* 0/65

Ahsoka and JKG are both 2* and have zero interest in promoting JKG. Ahsoka, I may at a later date since there seems to be some hype on her at higher ranks.

I'll definitely have 5 5* Jedi in 21 days. Biggest challenge will be IGD or Mace. That'll be a race to who gets to 5* first. It'll probably be Mace since he is easier. And for now I may just stick to 5*.
  • Options
    Came so close to getting the 5 star Yoda, but time and Yoda killing my team over and over again. Just irritated me to the point that I stopped even trying. My team consisted of was
    JC
    Old Ben
    Ahsoka
    Luminara Unduli
    Qui-Gon-Jinn.
    Hopefully by the time the event rolls around I can use Aayla Secura
    Barriss Offee
    Kit Fisto
    in my line up. Instead of Old Ben, and JC. Now I just need to figure out where to get Barriss Offee shards.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have 6* Yoda
    Got 6* this time. I love yoda on my arena team. I did it with Lumi, QGJ, JC, Mace and JKG (who I will replace with Eeth Koth next month). I am 83/85 for Eeth so I will have him at 7* by next month. QGJ, Mace and JC are all going to get to 7* too. I am going to do my farming now, while maintaining a horde of credits and droids to ensure they are all trained up and have leveled abilities by the time the next event rolls around.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Got my 5* Yoda with 7* Lumi, 5* Mace, 5* Consular, 5* Eeth Koth, and 5* Jedi Guardian. I know Guardian and Koth are dead weight on the Tier 7 version of the challenge so I am working on farming QGJ instead. It'll be tight to have him up to 6* by the last day of the event next time, but not impossible. In that time frame I should also have everyone else up to 6* and Consular nearly 7*. Eeth could be 7* but I've wanted HK-47 since I downloaded this game, so I'm going to unlock him first (31/80 so far) before continuing on 7*.

It's impossible to get QGJ to 7* and geared up before the event returns so I'm in no hurry. I'll get it two months from now. Yoda is a blast, but not a must-use in Squad Arena and while he's helped in my GW a little, I already was cruising through it before getting him so 5* is fine for a while.
  • Options
    I squeaked in this morning (did have to buy $4.99 worth of Crystals for an extra Cantina refresh, as I was a single Ahsoka shard short with no other way to get one).

At the announcement of the event, I had Lumi 7*, OB 4*, JC 4*, 8/80 to unlock Mace, 20/25 to unlock Eeth, and less than 5 to unlock anyone else. I started working that night to 5* JC, and switched Cantina shipments from Daka to Ahsoka (I had 5 or so shards, whereas I had zero QGJ), and managed to finish with:
    • Lumi 7*
    • JC 5*
    • Mace 5*
    • Ahsoka 5*
    • Eeth 5*

I will finish Eeth to 7*, but am taking a break from Mace to get Barriss, as I have been struggling in GW, and then will probably switch back to Mace for 7*. And I have not decided if I want to take Ahsoka to 7* or not. I probably will, just to make sure I get 7* Yoda next time.
  • Options
    Lol. For someone who plays exclusively F2P I did not get Yoda. I've been grinding this game since December on a daily basis. Have 4/5 of my team to lvl 70. Only have 2 Jedi's 5* or higher and since I don't spend $60 to buy Jedi packs I didn't get Yoda. But I digress...
  • Options
    I have 6* Yoda
    I got six star Yoda a day into the event and got my last Jedi to 7 stars yesterday afternoon, but didn't have the chops to beat him. Hit level 68 this morning and given another day may have been able to get lucky, but don't think I could have with current level and gear level of certain characters. Have JC, Lumi, Kit, Aayla, and QGJ at 7 stars. Will have Ahsoka and Eeth within a week, hopefully when I hit level 69 in a couple of days I can efficiently start farming Barriss.

I got closest to winning using the Barriss trick to knock Yoda's health down a bit. The most time consuming problem is that you have to keep retreating until you get a matchup with her and then hope that he doesn't kill one of your toons before you get a turn.

Has anyone beat it with IGD? I would be afraid that Yoda would constantly steal his buffs.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Other (please explain)
    I chose other. I only started playing 2 weeks ago so it wasn't until last night that I got my 3rd Jedi. I was able to do the first 3 parts for 75 shards.

I have to say I was very disappointed. I thought this challenge would have been more "challenging". I breezed through those 3 missions in less than 5 minutes.

Also, are all the missions going to be reset for next time? If I don't get my 5 7* Jedi for next time this rolls around, will I be able to repeat the first three (or however many) parts or will they show up as complete for me since I did them already?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Also, are all the missions going to be reset for next time? If I don't get my 5 7* Jedi for next time this rolls around, will I be able to repeat the first three (or however many) parts or will they show up as complete for me since I did them already?

Your progress is saved - so you'll just start on phase 4 (since you completed the first 3 already).

• Options
    I have 6* Yoda
    Barely made it to 6* with QGJ getting his 2 days from deadline, planning on trying to get 7* in the next month, might barely make it due to starting Barris from scratch and haven't even unlocked her yet and I also have to farm MW's 7th * (0/100)
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Other (please explain)
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »

Your progress is saved - so you'll just start on phase 4 (since you completed the first 3 already).

In that case, I'm not getting my Yoda for some time. I honestly can't see myself concentrating that much on just the five Jedi I have (and especially not on any new ones I might get).
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I wanna say what a cool challenge and glad there is a timer for the next one. Time to build my team. Thanks
  • Options
    Got 5* yoda

Already had jc and lum maxed
    Got mace from 0-5*
    Qgj 2-5*
    Eath 0-5*

Arena getting harder though as I stopped farming duku and kylo to do it.

Should have mace and Eath to 7 in the 20 days but Qgj will be tight
  • Options
    I had a 7* team and was able to finally beat it.

Barris L
    QGJ
    Aayla
    Kit Fisto
    JC

I may be the only person on my server without Lumi maxed out. My biggest recommendation to people that want to beat the 7* challenge is to get all three healers and have their heal abilities upgraded to their highest heal percentages at least. Also, don't use abilities that give you any buffs, like Kit Fisto's AOE. You also need everyone at gear 7 or higher.

After like 500 matches before I finally beat it, I'm almost certain the most ideal comp would be:

Barris L
    Lumi
    JC
    QGJ
    Kit Fisto

Knowing this alone, should allow you a farming advantage for next time.

How I eventually beat it? Good luck. I waited on him to have Barris as a partner, the other one doesn't really matter. The trick is to reduce both Barris and the Other Jedi to the red, but not to kill either one. When she heals, yoda will be in the yellow, and you go for the kill on yoda ignoring the other two completely until he is dead(do not kill either Jedi or Yoda goes on a mini rampage after each death.)

It still took me a couple of days to actually be lucky enough to live long enough to pull it off, but I only had two healers. I think with all three, you'd be able to do it much easier (especially since the healer I didn't have 7 star was the high dmg Lumi.)

Hopefully this will help some people.
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    According to my calculations Ashoka will take me 34 days @7 Shards a day to 7* and Mace will take 32 days at about 8 shards per day. Those are the only two that could stop me from 7* yoda. Plus yoda himself of course. Of course there a few ways I could up those numbers so it is still possible. (Ashoka 4* 8/65 and Mace 4* 23/65)
  • Options
    I have really no interest in getting Yoda. He may be good, but that's where the story ends for me. I have Lumi and JC only as good Jedi. Have three others but farming them means that I will fall down in Arena and GW. And that is going to destroy the entire game fun for me. I already wasted lot of tokens to farm Ahsoka and QGJ. I could have easily leveled up 5s or HRS and they are more useful to me.

So Yoda, sorry for now. Sid is doing good service to me.
  • Options
    yoda 4* done, i have now 2 jedis with 5* or more (luminara 7 and jc 5)

i really appreciate the fact that we just have a month of wait, so i dont understand the unjustified complaints. Next time i will get 5*, and perhaps 6*