Territory Wars Overview [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    For those concerned about the matchmaking, remember this is a limited beta and they are going to have a harder time finding good matches with only a few thousand players. I expect when it goes live the matches will be more even.
  • Options
    the rewards just came and they are awful for the time burned for this thing

good concept...but i hope this are not the rewards

• Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »

They keep launching things needing more time and coordination but the rewards are a lot, a lot distant from what we deserve.

If you think that the rancor rewards are still the best from the entire game you can see how they are very cheap with their customers
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs another suggestion:
    I think it would be more interesting if you could
    Nickielll wrote: »

They keep launching things needing more time and coordination but the rewards are a lot, a lot distant from what we deserve.

If you think that the rancor rewards are still the best from the entire game you can see how they are very cheap with their customers
    ]

This game mode needs far less time and effort than TB and the rewards are better... maybe a little more guild event currency. But compared to TB the rewards are massively better.
  • Options

Which were what?
  • Options

You get gear, credits, TB currency and Zeta mats for barely 30-45 min of your time, how is that not worth it?? I would take that over GW rewards all day.

My only questions is, what do you get if you lose? If they are basically saying you get nothing for losing, then my hunch is no one will take that risk except for the whales. and maybe that is what it is, a new game mode for whales. .
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

You get gear, credits, TB currency and Zeta mats for barely 30-45 min of your time, how is that not worth it?? I would take that over GW rewards all day.

My only questions is, what do you get if you lose? If they are basically saying you get nothing for losing, then my hunch is no one will take that risk except for the whales. and maybe that is what it is, a new game mode for whales. .

In beta, you get slightly less of the same rewards for losing
  • Options
    Tanbimb wrote: »
    I love the idea of guild vs guild but this really concerns me. I downloaded beta with the intention of seeing how my roster will do. As a mostly f2p ($20 bucks here and there) my initial thought is this will destroy guilds. My guild is almost completely f2p and the dolphins in it will probably leave to guilds that spend. Why stay when the f2p players that have worked hard and I get that's a struggle are not going to be able to compete with the depth of roster...more importantly geared roster. This in my opinion is really going to split the f2p and p2p to a point there will be no return. After doing a few battles after deploying defense has made me personally say there is no way I'm ready for this. I'm convinced that a complete f2p guild with 50 members and a gp of 100 million will get destroyed by 30 whales with similar gp which will happen I'm sure. I get whales spend for their own reasons and for that I'm thankful they fuel the game but with the way guild vs guild is currently set up will only end up hurting this game

I think this was a bigger concern for TB. The positive thing for guilds is that you get matched against a guild with similar GP, which actually give less incentive to jump ship then guild v. TB map did. Point being: if they haven’t left yet, why would they now?
  • Options
    Purely luck, no strategy whatsoever
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    With the health sharing across multiple attempts is it shared between multiple people? Like if I try to beat a fight and die can a guildmate come in and finish it off? Also is the retreat button like galactic war or like arena?
  • Cethsenpai22
    67 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    With the health sharing across multiple attempts is it shared between multiple people? Like if I try to beat fight and die can a guildmate come in and finish it off? Also is the retreat button like galactic war or like arena?

Yes to the first and second questions , no idea about the third
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Purely luck, no strategy whatsoever

Might be true for the first beta attempt, won't be for long. Just like tb
  • Cethsenpai22
    67 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lazerbeem wrote: »
    Tanbimb wrote: »
    I love the idea of guild vs guild but this really concerns me. I downloaded beta with the intention of seeing how my roster will do. As a mostly f2p ($20 bucks here and there) my initial thought is this will destroy guilds. My guild is almost completely f2p and the dolphins in it will probably leave to guilds that spend. Why stay when the f2p players that have worked hard and I get that's a struggle are not going to be able to compete with the depth of roster...more importantly geared roster. This in my opinion is really going to split the f2p and p2p to a point there will be no return. After doing a few battles after deploying defense has made me personally say there is no way I'm ready for this. I'm convinced that a complete f2p guild with 50 members and a gp of 100 million will get destroyed by 30 whales with similar gp which will happen I'm sure. I get whales spend for their own reasons and for that I'm thankful they fuel the game but with the way guild vs guild is currently set up will only end up hurting this game

I think this was a bigger concern for TB. The positive thing for guilds is that you get matched against a guild with similar GP, which actually give less incentive to jump ship then guild v. TB map did. Point being: if they haven’t left yet, why would they now?

This.
    I have spent a few hundred on this game and I have a gp of more than 2 mil, second highest in my guild, but granted I'm not a whale, imo. I'm not leaving my current guild. I like it there, and we can develop together. TW isn't going to make most p2p move just to get a better reward. There's more to this game than just getting a better TW reward.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I have read most of this thread, one question never answered is how guild matches are set... I am in an active guild with just under 100mil NW. If we are matched vs a guild with similar networth then GW would be an interesting challenge. But if we end up facing a 40mil or 140mil guild then the whole system becomes pointless.

I get that the whole point is to pit whale guilds vs each other, and try to create competitive spending. I just wonder that the gameplay would look like down the line.

Facing whales running metas in areana and gw never made me want to spend, it just makes me what to delete the game.

dunno how is the match making works but my guild is 79mil gp while the other guild is 69mil gp
    just as idea so u know
    10M still seems kinda steep. Ours was 89M vs 78M

Keep in mind there are literally hundreds of times more guilds in the actual game, so matchmaking can get a lot closer.
  • Options
    With the health sharing across multiple attempts is it shared between multiple people? Like if I try to beat a fight and die can a guildmate come in and finish it off? Also is the retreat button like galactic war or like arena?

Retreat button is like Arena. "Forfeit"
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I played the beta. But to be honest TW really feels like a mix between GW and Tournaments. For max 30 mins work its a nice reward. Its the same stuff reworked, there is no sence of fun like when TB first was released. Maybe it’s the lack of a new toon/ship to collect or it’s just boring repetative battles again. Tbh dev time could really be spend better by making new raids instead of this garbage.
  • Options
    There shouldnt be a tie, first to conquer the other guild territory should win 1st place rewards.
  • Options
    JVU420 wrote: »
    There shouldnt be a tie, first to conquer the other guild territory should win 1st place rewards.

Uh, no. Let's not do this please. Ever. "Tie goes to the guild who can be on at time X" - please, no.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I loooooved the beta Territory Wars. It is a lot more engaging than Territory Battles as its not a simple wave of stormtroopers where once you have the team that wins, it never changes.

Things I liked were:

Strategy: Depending on the defence they had set, there was not a "right or wrong" team to use, it varied for the team I was facing so was using some of my lesser teams on their lesser defence, better teams for better defenders.. And we had a couple of defenders where we had to send in two or three people to finish it.

Suspense: This helped that we were matched with a very similar GP guild (80 mil gp) but it was in the dying minutes we took the win by taking one of the last territories. We didn't even get the real rewards but I was really engaged and pumped to win in such a close war!

Matching Guilds: Sounds like we were lucky here as others didn't have this experience, but we were within a couple of mil GP which as said in the suspense, meant a great game. My guess is when live and the larger pool of guilds to match to the matching will be closer for all.

Not to much of a time sink: Setting defence took about 10 minutes, attacking took about 20 minutes (broken into approx 6 battles over a few times).. not to much for this type of mode

Things that may need work:

Rewards: Probably the only area that needs work as the difference between winning and losing did not seem huge.. Hopefully an area they will work on as they did with TB

Officer Tools: While being able to set orders is good, not knowing what territory they were set in is annoying. Am hoping a way to either go straight to the territory from the inbox message or a naming system to identify where the message is from could be implemented

All in all, I think its a great mode and is a LOT better than TB
  • Options
    Can we have a 10sec cooldown on placing units plz? It's a new interface, i think that is fair. 1st beta tw i ended up using my phoenix squad with rey as leader. This time i placed resistance on defense! And r2 is leader lol. I mean, sure i pressed the button, but i thought i was clicking thru to next screen, not deploying.
  • Options
    Disable mods for this TW whole thing. Then it will be closer to fair. Only big whales have 85 lvl 11-12 gear. Trash toons never gets leveled. Not enough credits to max 85 lvl everyone. Lack of mods and credits to upgrade. This is seems like tournaments Version 2 and really looks stressful as hell. 50 ppl will fight with each other and inevitable drama destroy guilds. Some people are right. Why not release new raid instead and fire already ppl with dead ideas lol
  • Options
    Slickdee wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Android utilizes an operating system that is open and, therefore, capable of handling the beta. Apple is completely closed. On an iOS device there would be no way to do the beta the way that CG is doing it.

@Sirlagzalott

Actually Apple has much better tools for performing betas.

https://developer.apple.com/testflight/

Apple isn’t closed - it is simply more secure.

Keep telling yourself that.

As an anecdote, I have a programming friend who was challenged by someone to design a virus to invade his mac, which he thought to be so much more secure than any windows device. The virus completely fried the mac within 10 seconds.

Apple products aren't more secure. Writing your script in a different programming language doesn't make the device impenetrable. Apple products are now just as susceptible to viruses and malware as any other computer type.
  • Options
    So far I am enjoying the territory wars pvp setup. I see potential for additional benefits, like take X location and gain an Omega or some other small but needed reward (preferably ability mats or gear only).

That being said, I'm not a fan of how you must choose to participate which determines the active GP and prizes possible. Since setting defense is so easy if people don't want to do the active combat they could just set teams. Otherwise there will be players that are upset that a person in their guild didn't participate and the reward bracket is lower than it could have been. Additionally if enough people bail on an event the opposing team may be a full but weaker guild that gets crushed by several stronger more developed players.

As for the rewards, I'm thrilled to see zeta and Omega mats on the list. This is what has me interested the most, but the amount of the other materials seems so very small even if you get 7 different pieces, which doesn't feel rewarding at all. I would rather have 2 or 3 full pieces for winning or 3 or 4 salvage pieces for losing.

Thank you for letting us participate and help provide feedback.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Look like we found a bug in the last TW @CG_CapGaSP no idea where to post this so tag you and post it here for you to do whats needed.
    cant seem to get the image to work so heres the link instead
    https://imgur.com/a/sb0ml

he entered the battle
    lost signal
    restarted the app / game
    re-entered the game
    the battle still had his name as in progress
    he went into the other battle and both were in progress for the same person
    The TW was Zizounland v's PVP ELITE and it was in last section, bottom phase
    cheers
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_LucifersDaddy

I am a bit concerned about how to go about recognizing hackers in TW: we simply do not have the tools to see what is happening on defense. There is a nice big shiny "report guild" button to report hackers, but how do we know if the guild is hacking?

In tournaments it was easy to recognize people without squad depths or even a serious arena team moving up far too fast.
    In arena it is doable because you can see people with a bad team, and bad mods beating people who they should absolutely not be able to beat with that squad.

However, in TW we can only see who gained points. We cannot see (a) what squad they used and (b) what squad they beat. They could be beating a meta squad with a meta team. Or they could be beating a meta squad with a blue geared CUP and an invulnerability hack. How are we supposed to distinguish between the two?
  • Options
    My $0.02:

The time requirement is not large. Guilds that make this a big effort in coordination, well, it's up to them if they think that's fun, but it's entirely not necessary. The rewards are based on your participating GP (the GP of the members who joined) and a loss is not a lot less in rewards. With Territory Wars comes tools the Guild Leader (and officers? Or just leader?) can use to tell people in game where to place defense fleets or where to attack or whatnot. Based on my play, I think this is more than enough to coordinate the guild. The majority of strategy here comes down to how you build your toons off the field.

Second, the time commitment is small.

Let me put this in another paragraph so everyone can understand.

The time commitment is very very small.

Here's how the phases go:

Phase 1) Press the Join button. Literally, for an entire day, that's all you need to do. Press one button.

Phase 2) Lay down defense. This will take maybe 5 minutes for the first time you do it. Maybe up to 10 if your smart and you use the squad builder to set up teams. then you just drop down a fleet squad and 5 regular squads.

If you use the squad builder, then subsequent events will take less than a minute. It goes like this: Click territory. Click Set Defense. Click squad builder. Click Assign on a chosen pre-made squad. Click Done. You can do all of that in about 15 seconds and you will have laid down all your squads in 1 - 2 minutes.

That's all you need to do for day 2. About 2 minutes worth.

Phase 3) The last day takes a bit more time, usually 15 - 20 minutes, but for many of us this actually occurs across two days, so it's not too bad. Here's where you pit some offense against the opponent's defense. Also, I would emphasize, this is actually the fun part. You get to play against you never would otherwise. Think of it as a sandbox playground. You can fight against gear 12 clone teams, or pit your mix n match gear 8 teams against the opponent's rag tag squad.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it. Little time for good rewards. Facing a variety of teams! Cant wait for it to drop.
  • Options
    Also is the retreat button like galactic war or like arena?

It's "forfeit", like arena. Matches have a 5 min timer like arena also.

• Options
    First of all, I wanted to say thank you for opening the beta to your playerbase - this is a step in a good direction. Now to the TW feedback, please beware the rather long text below is my humble oppinion so feel free to agree or disagree :)

1) Time needed
    - the "join" and "setup" take literally no time (once you setup your defence squads in builder)
    - "attack" phase needs every player to do about 5 victories total on average (including ships)
    - total time required for all phases (as of beta 3 days): 30 minutes tops for an average player
    - the good thing is, if you have a developed roster and time to spare, you can have much more than this on the attack phase OR if you know you will have litte to no time for the attack, you can deploy all your good teams to defense
    conclusion: a good balance, that alows everybody to play according to his/her real life schedule

2) GP and matchmaking
    - matchmaking will be signifficantly better out of beta as there will be more guilds with similar GP
    - always remember that game takes into consideration the total GP of guilds to get you an opponent, while rewards are decided upon total GP of players who "join"
    - "join" phase is questionable for me (every guild should consist of active players), but I see the need to exclude non-active players in some guilds and somehow help the less active guild overall
    - still, this is why I dont think the "join" phase does anything besides locking in the characters used and possibly decreasing the rewards: once matched with a guild of total GP similar to each other, limited number of metateams on one side decides who wins
    - getting rid of the "join" phase and deciding number of oppened defensive teams number based on total number of players at the moment of matchmaking should do the trick
    conclusion: smaller guild is still able to compete and should actually (due to being matched to a guild with same total GP) have a good shot at winning. Complaint about the "join" phase is a minor thing as for an active guild this is not an issue. Overall a good way to allow sub-50 players guilds to compete while favouring more active guilds regardless of their GP.

3) requirements
    - as of beta, only GP of character above 6000 was the requirement (7* G3 lvl50 with leveled abilities has approx 6k power)
    - max number of teams for defense is 250 (50 of those ships), meaning every player will need 1 fleet and 4 squads to deploy defense and same number for offense to be able to do his part in full-time (possibly more to have reserve in case offense goes south)
    - just to be clear, there is no minimum on number of characters or teams used, the calculation above is only to show what you will need eventually to fully cover all oppened defense spots and have minimum number of teams to beat opponents defences
    - FO and Resistance got bonuses on this TW (minor thing really as any team gets to be used once only)
    - in future there should be (as per devs) more requirements and bonuses to certain characters or factions
    - future TWs should get some form of "platoons" (I guess to provide bonuses to your guilds attacking/defending squads)
    conclusion: currently the mode is oppened to basically everyone, in future this may make or break TW: carefully crafted requirements, bonuses and platoons will lead to great combos and limit the meta annoyance while going too far could close this to too manny people

4) gameplay
    - "setup" phase decides what strategy your guild wants to employ and allows great flexibility in what teams to deploy vs. keep for attack phase
    - "attack" phase is where the fun begins and you pit teams you saved versus enemy defending teams
    - only "front" territories can be conquered, I find it bit illogical that ships are "hidden" behind 2 character areas but not a serious complaint
    - it would be cool if (on the third column) one could make a "breakthrough" through mid area and open all 3 "home" areas for conquer (not possible afaik)
    - the timer on battles and fact each team gets to be used only once regardless of how you play it makes it interesting and a bit thrilling
    - succesfull defence could give some small ammount of flags and this could in future serve as a nice tiebreaker in favour of the side that plays more effeciently
    - ties are going to happen, as once both guilds hit certain GP it is no problem to use all 250 teams for defence while keeping enough to kill all enemy defending squads
    - so far I was unable to find how the game decides in case both guilds get all the possible points and I certainly hope this is not "victory to the first guild to gets the points" as this would ruin the oh so good time requirement
    conclusion: a solid system, that may or may not slide into choir - completly depending on the opponent your guild gets matched with and how the requirements, bonuses and platoons turn out to be

5) rewards
    - zetas are great, pretty please do keep those in rewards
    - gear is a "meh" even on the highest GP levels as the numbers are not the greatest and the game always trolls me with things I dont need
    - guild tokens should not be in this mode, it is guild event afterall
    - difference between winner and looser is not too big
    - the fact rewards are decided upon the GP of players who joined basically punishes the active part of the guild twice (first by making the match harder and second by decreasing rewards)
    conclusion: I would very much prefer a flat sum of guild event tokens and a few crystals instead of all other things. That said, rewards as they were are not too bad considering time required to play the TW.

Overall a solid game mode for both starting players and veterans that has great potential and a few risks for the future.
This discussion has been closed.