Territory Wars Overview [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    It is nice to see zeta more available other than fleet. I’m sorry if I missed it - but was it said when it’s dropping (I’m guessing sooner than ds tb) and do both guilds vsing one another get rewards? Or only the winners?
    I missed where they showed detailed rewards? Where was this info on zeta's from? Don't see it in the kozi and ry posts.

• PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Everyone is going to put their Meta teams on defense then. @CG_Kozispoon -- It's going to be 50 fights against CLS and co. If you KNOW you can only use that team once on offense, you'll always put it on Defense where it as a chance you will win multiple fights. It's the exact situation we didn't want. Like doing 15 arena fights for an event rather then just 5.... you gotta figure out something to break up meta defense teams and try and force something new into the mix or it's just going to be one more chore.
    Cf4Jy5b.jpg
    (edit: this image^)
    Post edited by PremierVenoth on
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    It is nice to see zeta more available other than fleet. I’m sorry if I missed it - but was it said when it’s dropping (I’m guessing sooner than ds tb) and do both guilds vsing one another get rewards? Or only the winners?
    I missed where they showed detailed rewards? Where was this info on zeta's from? Don't see it in the kozi and ry posts.

The people who are in the beta (like me), can see the rewards
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Really hope the guild tokens are replaced on rewards.
    If u don't want it to be event tokens, maybe shard shop or fleet store
    We have 2 raids plus activity giving us guild currency.
    We don't need more
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

^^
    Everyone is going to put their Meta teams on defense then. @CG_Kozispoon -- It's going to be 50 fights against CLS and co. If you KNOW you can only use that team once on offense, you'll always put it on Defense where it as a chance you will win multiple fights. It's the exact situation we didn't want. Like doing 15 arena fights for an event rather then just 5.... you gotta figure out something to break up meta defense teams and try and force something new into the mix or it's just going to be one more chore.
    Cf4Jy5b.jpg

Great pic!
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Excellent, thanks. I assumed that's what it was.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon If everyone uses CLS comps on defense then what is lost on offense in terms of rewards? (see funny pic above)

They *have* to have found a way to balance a kitten strategy of full CLS or GK zbarris or rex chaze defenses. I assume you'll be losing out significantly on potential rewards from offense if you only maximize defense.
  • Options
    This is going to create a lot of in fighting in guilds when people lose. Lots of finger pointing.... This is a bad idea
  • Options
    It's multiple places on map.
    Once a sqaud is used once can't be used again.
    So yes u can set the meta for one place but then u will have to assign some other sqaud for next section.
    There are likev15 sections.
    Maybe im.wrong, we will see.
    But cool thing is this is beta test. They will be looking for our feedback and basically already said they will change it
  • Options
    ^ Goober1_ as a guild though you can set whatever teams you want to each spot, knowing what people have in their collection. So this is possible. What I want to know though is if you take this approach what will then be lost on offense if you can't beat another wall of CLS or others.
  • Options
    NShweky wrote: »
    Slickdee wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Android utilizes an operating system that is open and, therefore, capable of handling the beta. Apple is completely closed. On an iOS device there would be no way to do the beta the way that CG is doing it.

@Sirlagzalott

Actually Apple has much better tools for performing betas.

https://developer.apple.com/testflight/

Apple isn’t closed - it is simply more secure.

Have you ever used test flight? I have and it is not as easy as they way the devs are doing this beta. To do external testing in testflight you would need every person who wants to test the app's email and then manually enter it into their platform (iTunes connect). This is not the same nor is it in any way easy so quit complaining.

Yeah, Testflight is a tool for a beta testing an app, but this honestly shouldn't need such a tool. CG could release a separate app in the App Store just for this or other beta tests if they chose. All that said, for a limited beta of what is mostly just new server-side functionality, it makes sense to choose one platform to limit it to, if only to save time. And I'm guessing Android accounts for far more of their user base than iOS.
  • Options
    Everyone will just put in Arena clockblockers lol.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Does anyone know if we have to be in a guild of 25 for the beta, or can a guild of 12 or so participate? I heard someone got kicked out of the beta when they left their guild. Is there any truth to that?

Thanks,
    Phelynor
  • Options
    Cf4Jy5b.jpg

yup and you will be going against them with maul and tebo since your cls will be on defense lol
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon If everyone uses CLS comps on defense then what is lost on offense in terms of rewards? (see funny pic above)

They *have* to have found a way to balance a kitten strategy of full CLS or GK zbarris or rex chaze defenses. I assume you'll be losing out significantly on potential rewards from offense if you only maximize defense.

I see you just joined the forums a few months ago. First off, welcome. Second, the presumption that they *have* to have found a way to balance it is simply proof that you have not been here long enough and have not lived through "mod-gate". Very little in this game is "balanced" ahead of time. There are people "officially" signed up for the beta, but those of playing know that we have been beta-testing this game for 2 years now - and some of us are even kitten enough to pay for such a privilege.

Two things of which I am almost certain:

1) There will be bugs.
    2) Guilds will quickly (probably either in the first iteration or by the 2nd) find the "ideal" defense teams....then you will face them over and over again. It's be like Galactic War...only longer and more complicated to organize.

If you don't believe there will be flaws, do a forum search for "tournaments" - see how that turned out.

I really wish they would simply fix all of the broken and sub-par content that already exists, rather than try to force out new broken content.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ^ I've lurked much longer than I've posted. I know what you're talking about with mods, good times. Appreciate the welcome.

I'm a cautious optimist on new content releases, hoping past mistakes aren't repeated.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I see you just joined the forums a few months ago. First off, welcome. Second, the presumption that they *have* to have found a way to balance it is simply proof that you have not been here long enough and have not lived through "mod-gate". Very little in this game is "balanced" ahead of time. There are people "officially" signed up for the beta, but those of playing know that we have been beta-testing this game for 2 years now - and some of us are even kitten enough to pay for such a privilege.

Two things of which I am almost certain:

1) There will be bugs.
    2) Guilds will quickly (probably either in the first iteration or by the 2nd) find the "ideal" defense teams....then you will face them over and over again. It's be like Galactic War...only longer and more complicated to organize.

If you don't believe there will be flaws, do a forum search for "tournaments" - see how that turned out.

I really wish they would simply fix all of the broken and sub-par content that already exists, rather than try to force out new broken content.

Gw has been complained about forever lol
    I think my worry with tw is the cheaters and hacks, just like in tournaments.
  • Options
    My only concern seems to be the rewards. I wish they would just come out and say they don’t want any small guilds in the game because they give them terrible rewards. Gating the rewards based on your guilds gp will only finish off lower to mid tier guilds. Just force the small guilds together already so they can compete. Why give the illusion of choice? Or limit the number of guilds in the game so they can all be more competitive. I understand this isn’t the end all be all for the game but whatever allows characters to be geared faster needs to help small guilds more. Tb already benefits the large guilds. Make Territory wars favor small guilds somehow. Make a complicated system based on the participation of each member not the gp.
  • Options
    Cf4Jy5b.jpg

CLS needs a serious nerf, he is so insane, so unfair
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    My only concern seems to be the rewards. I wish they would just come out and say they don’t want any small guilds in the game because they give them terrible rewards. Gating the rewards based on your guilds gp will only finish off lower to mid tier guilds. Just force the small guilds together already so they can compete. Why give the illusion of choice? Or limit the number of guilds in the game so they can all be more competitive. I understand this isn’t the end all be all for the game but whatever allows characters to be geared faster needs to help small guilds more. Tb already benefits the large guilds. Make Territory wars favor small guilds somehow. Make a complicated system based on the participation of each member not the gp.

I think the noobs get pitted against other noobs and fight it out for the same god-mode rewards that the super guilds get for duking it out with other super guilds.

• Options
    That would be great as long as we don’t get another event or raid that tears guilds apart and makes finding daily players harder than it already is.
  • Options

I believe the noobs get pitted against other noobs and fight it out for the same god mode rewards that the same super guilds get for fighting it out with other super guilds.

• Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    NShweky wrote: »
    Slickdee wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Android utilizes an operating system that is open and, therefore, capable of handling the beta. Apple is completely closed. On an iOS device there would be no way to do the beta the way that CG is doing it.

@Sirlagzalott

Actually Apple has much better tools for performing betas.

https://developer.apple.com/testflight/

Apple isn’t closed - it is simply more secure.

Have you ever used test flight? I have and it is not as easy as they way the devs are doing this beta. To do external testing in testflight you would need every person who wants to test the app's email and then manually enter it into their platform (iTunes connect). This is not the same nor is it in any way easy so quit complaining.

Yeah, Testflight is a tool for a beta testing an app, but this honestly shouldn't need such a tool. CG could release a separate app in the App Store just for this or other beta tests if they chose. All that said, for a limited beta of what is mostly just new server-side functionality, it makes sense to choose one platform to limit it to, if only to save time. And I'm guessing Android accounts for far more of their user base than iOS.

Nope iOS is a closed system, harder to hack do third party junk, Android is open and you can run amuck.
  • Options
    Yeah it's tournaments all over again really
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

I believe the noobs get pitted against other noobs and fight it out for the same god mode rewards that the same super guilds get for fighting it out with other super guilds.

You are correct. But TW rewards are tiered based on guild GP. Noob guilds will have lower GP, so will not be able to climb up to the tiers where god mode rewards can be found. Super guilds with very high GP are the only guilds that can qualify for god mode rewards.

TW reward structure subject to change, of course.
  • Options
    So u can win but you still get lower tiered rewards awesome plan. Hope it changes. You should get more rewards for having a smaller guild. Super guilds get enough rewards already. Promote guilds sticking together.
  • Options
    Hey. I have a question. I install the Beta but i'm still playing with the "normal game" with my guild. This morning (i'm in france) when i launch the beta, i have rewards for ships battles and squadron battles. I also have rewards for connexion whereas i got it in the normal version of the game. Is it normal to have twice rewards in the normal game and in the beta. Should i just play with the beta version ?
  • Options
    Bapfa wrote: »
    Hey. I have a question. I install the Beta but i'm still playing with the "normal game" with my guild. This morning (i'm in france) when i launch the beta, i have rewards for ships battles and squadron battles. I also have rewards for connexion whereas i got it in the normal version of the game. Is it normal to have twice rewards in the normal game and in the beta. Should i just play with the beta version ?

Beta version doesnt affect your actuall game and will be erased when finished so dont ignore the actual game
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Bapfa wrote: »

Beta version doesnt affect your actuall game and will be erased when finished so dont ignore the actual game

Thx Jamesm ;)
  • Options
    Some problems I foresee: people are tired of fighting cls and gk/zariss teams in both arena and GW. More of this is not good at all. Personally, I am so bored of it I don't even care about arena rank anymore or the reward.

Mods. If we have to move mods everytime for this without a complete overhaul of your system to make it not ridiculously annoying and tedious to do this will cause a ton of burnout. A lot of us are already not bothering with changing mods for TB or even arena anymore.

If this is anything like TB for officers where it takes up way too much time that is not good. If it's anything like TB for guild members people will get burnout from all the officer tags annoying them with directions all day long.

Game is too much content that is not interesting right now, such as only fighting storm troopers over and over again with weird mechanics.

Make mods not be awful to move, don't need to make it fun just not so tedious.
    Have defensive bonuses for squads. Such as add stealth chance to a bounty hunter team or actually stealth to everyone or just remove counter attacks from cls. Or how about allowing us to use a team without r2.

People love this game and we have stuck with it for almost two years now but recently people are not loving this TB style play. If the gameplay is not exciting or fun then you need to provide a much bigger, much more delicious carrot for us to follow.

The rewards do not make people happy or pleased with the amount of boredom and fruatration involved in receiving them, so far.
This discussion has been closed.