Suggestion Squad Synergy Bonus

Prev1
This might already be suggested before but I didn't find it on the search function. Also this forum is hard to keep track of so apology in advance if it's a repost.

The current meta is pretty much the same as it was before. All I'm seeing is Poe, Phasma, Geo/Rey/Qgj/IG's as nuke. It's pretty discouraging to go for a synergy team like Rebels, First Order, all Jedi or all Sith. The lead bonus is in some cases nice but imo do far too little.
A friend of mine is playing a rebels max squad. He can't get into the top 20 spot because he is being bounced back to 50-100 over night. It's fun on offense but when I tested its defense by attacking him, I was sad to see how easy it was to beat.

Same for my own nightsister team. Normally I never drop below #30 over night. Swapped in my nightsister team for a day and got warped to #70 pretty fast.
Back to cookie cutter build facing my own team (by another player) has made me realise how bad Nightsister team is on defense.
I'm sure we all notice this since the top teams are just a random bunch of chars that happen to be really fast, high dmg and in no need of team synergy. Heck a Phasma (L), Dooku, Geo, Rey and QGJ i.e. have no real synergy (teamwise) but just deal insane dmg.

My suggestion is this:
Give out smaller bonuses to synergized teams. E.g. for every consecutive Rebel in a squad, the team get's +5% offense per rebel.
Hope I make some sense explaining it :p

For nightsisters it could be something like +5% speed per nightsister in team. This would make it more attractive to play synergized teams and might shift the meta a lot.
Just feels like synergized teams have no impact at all atm.

(except perhaps Poggle droid team).
439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Replies

• Options
    +1 ;)
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]
  • Options
    5 Jedi's is the best synergy you'll get.. NS isn't worth it since Assaj is weak in speed even with freaking boost... let's see what lvl 80 will give us
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    Asajj makes Daka, Talia and Initiate pretty fast. Also Asajj herself benefits from the leader ability. I don't mind that it's not that speedy or anything, it's just that there is no place for a controller team or any other midgame team in this early game high speed/dmg meta.

But yeah that's why the suggestion to boost synergized teams on offense, speed or defense (if defense had any impact, cause now it hardly does).
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Asajj makes Daka, Talia and Initiate pretty fast. Also Asajj herself benefits from the leader ability. I don't mind that it's not that speedy or anything, it's just that there is no place for a controller team or any other midgame team in this early game high speed/dmg meta.

But yeah that's why the suggestion to boost synergized teams on offense, speed or defense (if defense had any impact, cause now it hardly does).

This will happen as the level will increase and the speed will remain the same you will have more damage so offence will mean so much more
  • Options
    That goes both ways. The current cookie cutter teams wilk also increase damage past lvl 70 which means same speed, bit more hp, bit more dmg = same meta.
    So what do you think of the suggestion @eBitzu ?
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That goes both ways. The current cookie cutter teams wilk also increase damage past lvl 70 which means same speed, bit more hp, bit more dmg = same meta.
    So what do you think of the suggestion @eBitzu ?

@CronozNL - 50% of 10 is 5, 50% of 200 is 100 damage more, but the chars that are faster don't have the same damage increase to compensate the percentage.. you gain damage slowly in levels than in applying percentage of it.

So in my example if you have 100 initial damage at level 70, at lvl 80 you have 110 damage for a fast hero.. but for a hero that can be buffed he get 110 + 50% that is = 165 damage (+15 damage more than at lvl 70) so 15 > 10 in this scale.. image if 2 heroes have same level like let's say 4737 base damage at RP but Dooku has 2100 base damage.. if you apply a Resistance only buff then the difference in base damage will be double or triple than Dooku can hit in 3 turns.

I'm thinking this percentages are low now because the game is meant to have a long term viability.

So when Luminara gives you 6% of her Health that will be much more at lvl 80 than now and will compensate with the speed of Dooku that has a lower damage gain than other chars
  • Options
    This might already be suggested before but I didn't find it on the search function. Also this forum is hard to keep track of so apology in advance if it's a repost.

The current meta is pretty much the same as it was before. All I'm seeing is Poe, Phasma, Geo/Rey/Qgj/IG's as nuke. It's pretty discouraging to go for a synergy team like Rebels, First Order, all Jedi or all Sith. The lead bonus is in some cases nice but imo do far too little.
    A friend of mine is playing a rebels max squad. He can't get into the top 20 spot because he is being bounced back to 50-100 over night. It's fun on offense but when I tested its defense by attacking him, I was sad to see how easy it was to beat.

Same for my own nightsister team. Normally I never drop below #30 over night. Swapped in my nightsister team for a day and got warped to #70 pretty fast.
    Back to cookie cutter build facing my own team (by another player) has made me realise how bad Nightsister team is on defense.
    I'm sure we all notice this since the top teams are just a random bunch of chars that happen to be really fast, high dmg and in no need of team synergy. Heck a Phasma (L), Dooku, Geo, Rey and QGJ i.e. have no real synergy (teamwise) but just deal insane dmg.

My suggestion is this:
    Give out smaller bonuses to synergized teams. E.g. for every consecutive Rebel in a squad, the team get's +5% offense per rebel.
    Hope I make some sense explaining it :p

For nightsisters it could be something like +5% speed per nightsister in team. This would make it more attractive to play synergized teams and might shift the meta a lot.
    Just feels like synergized teams have no impact at all atm.

(except perhaps Poggle droid team).

I really agree with you making this post but I also would like to add potential areas to fix what is missing. for example a FO team probably has the best synergy but it means nothing because adding a FOST doesnt help the FO synergy. yeah it helps double the potential extra attack from phasmas leader ability but having the FOST hurts the overall team comp. Why not make it so that every character adds a lot more to a team making it worth it to try and build a synergy specific team. I'm not talking about the rediculousness of an ewok type synergy where each additional Ewok adds like 1% evasion. For example, you should play to the strength of each character. FOST synergy unique could look like this. For every FO ally the FOST gains 10% health. IF there is a full FO team then FOST gains a taunt special that automatically procs when such and such happens. Things like this would make it more beneficial to have a full squad and could put other toons in play.

Now for a character like FOO. The special synergy could be a healing over the squad equal to his damage dealt. This will help the team since there are no healers within the FO.

I think if they really take a look at each team and find out what each characters strengths are to the team and capitalize on them so they can start getting used.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Michajam
    Exactly. Btw this was the Rebel team I was referring to. Looks nice on paper but doesn't cut it eventho I lost my Daka pretty early.

https://youtu.be/Pp1nnz6Jfhc
  • Options
    Just get Lumi Sid and Dooku, becuase apparently they are the most powerful characters in the universe. Between Lumi's team heal and high damage, Sid's high dodge chance and heal immunity, and Dooku's "don't hit me becuase I'm a dainty little princess" **** counter on everything.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117
    You totally missed the point.. Thanks for bumping this but if you only gonna answer without reading, don't bother answering..
  • Options
    @JediGhost117
    You totally missed the point.. Thanks for bumping this but if you only gonna answer without reading, don't bother answering..

I believe you missed the point I my comment. I was trying to make a joke about the current meta of the game. I agree completely with your point. Personally I would love to see more Tusken synergy be introduced to the game. The toons look cool but play like garbage. I remember there being a Jedi that impersonated a Tusken chief or something so I would like to see him brought into the game to get some Tusken use.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

I believe you missed the point I my comment. I was trying to make a joke about the current meta of the game. I agree completely with your point. Personally I would love to see more Tusken synergy be introduced to the game. The toons look cool but play like garbage. I remember there being a Jedi that impersonated a Tusken chief or something so I would like to see him brought into the game to get some Tusken use.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4560is/game_data_mine_110216_a_must_read/
    New Tusken.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4560is/game_data_mine_110216_a_must_read/
    New Tusken.

No pictures though, and it's not even guaranteed to be brought into the game.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Some people can't be pleased.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117
    In that case I am sorry, I totally missed your point :)

• Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

I would be if you had present more concrete evidence than some coding that who knows if it is still in the game.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

I would be if you had present more concrete evidence than some coding that who knows if it is still in the game.

Have a nice day dude. :)
    Can't really be bothered talking.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

Because I thought you might be happy knowing there is probably going to be another Tusken added to the game.

I posted exclusively for your benefit.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

Because I thought you might be happy knowing there is probably going to be another Tusken added to the game.

Right and your information is a bunch of coding that we don't even know is still true. For all we know that could be the coding that they scrapped months ago.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

Right and your information is a bunch of coding that we don't even know is still true. For all we know that could be the coding that they scrapped months ago.

It was added to the game data during the last update.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

And is it still there? Beside the point, all that is is coding that isn't implemented.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

And is it still there? Beside the point, all that is is coding that isn't implemented.

So don't read it then. If you don't care then why did you read through the whole post. The first thing I said was that it may or may not happen in game and that it was a data mine. If you don't think it will be created in game then why read through it?
  • JediGhost117
    1756 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

So don't read it then. If you don't care then why did you read through the whole post. The first thing I said was that it may or may not happen in game and that it was a data mine. If you don't think it will be created in game then why read through it?

Again, you contradict your own evidence. It might happen, sure, but that's my point. Unless there is a picture of the toon in game then it's not valid in my eyes. Same goes for this supposed Grevious being released, until I see him he isn't apart of the game.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I agree 100% OP, synergies should matter WAY more. Each synergies 'team' together should be OP if built maxed up. So sick of seeing same 10 toons all over the game. As far as that rebel team vid goes it needs HR scout and/or leia. Building it now since I have my cookie cutter pvp team already built.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

Again, you contradict your own evidence. It might happen, sure, but that's my point. Unless there is a picture of the toon in game then it's not valid in my eyes. Same goes for this supposed Grevious being released, until I see him he isn't apart of the game.
    Disclaimer: This is in no way guaranteed to be in the game. These are ideas that the Devs have created and are probably testing right now. I have been proven wrong before.

That's not contradicting anything. I never said it was guaranteed. I simply said it may happen to hopefully make you happier about potential Tusken Synergies.

If you don't believe it then don't take it as fact. I don't take it as fact, but I believe it is quite likely that all three heroes in the data mine will be added. And I'm 99% sure Magmatrooper will be added as the March daily reward.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbars it's a trap is currently broken too as it doesn't dispel and heal the healing immunity debuff like it should.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

Disclaimer: This is in no way guaranteed to be in the game. These are ideas that the Devs have created and are probably testing right now. I have been proven wrong before.

That's not contradicting anything. I never said it was guaranteed. I simply said it may happen to hopefully make you happier about potential Tusken Synergies.

If you don't believe it then don't take it as fact. I don't take it as fact, but I believe it is quite likely that all three heroes in the data mine will be added. And I'm 99% sure Magmatrooper will be added as the March daily reward.

So what fact are you basing that statement on. If you are 99% sure then what fact are you basing that on. You just said that you don't take it as fact.
  • Options
    @JediGhost117

New Tusken.

Then why did you start?

So what fact are you basing that statement on. If you are 99% sure then what fact are you basing that on. You just said that you don't take it as fact.

It doesn't matter. Whatever I say you will dismiss it.

I'm sick of talking to you. Bye.
  • Options
    Guys guys synergy bonus' :)