Bounty Hunter Rework Please!

Prev1
Now that Bounty Hunters are needed for the Dark TB, can we get some reworks please? Greedo and Dengar can’t fight their way out of a paper bag at the moment.

Now my Bobba and IG88 are good to go, but not sure how to play with only them actually doing damage...

Replies

• Options
    So this. Bounty hunters need love too you know.
  • Options
    A-freaking-men! Unless DS TB is significantly easier then LS, I have no idea how they would clear p4-5 and up, without a serious rework.

While we're asking for stuff: Can we please get Embo...also Jengo....also don't cop out and switch leads, Fett's shows promise and could be a really cool synergy yet completely different squad from anything else in the game. Just find a way for thermals to work, and the tools so they can use them.

I'm sitting here trying to picture what squads a full BH could reliably take out, when roughly even gear/mods.

Jawa. That's seriously all I got. Maaaybe Seps, but doubtful after Ventress rework. There's a much longer list of teams that would come out of it with near full protection.
  • Options
    There is a guy in my arena who runs BF lead with Zam, 88, Royal Guard, and Zarriss. Hangs around 100th.
  • Options
    Embo would be great!
  • Options
    We need Jango, Embo and Hondo at least. Aurra Sing and Bossk would be fine too.
  • Options
    *cough*Jango*cough*
  • Options
    Bossk!
  • Options
    There was a post awhile ago about a thermal detonator rework and it would coincide with a BH rework. Was really cool and smart and interesting. I love the ideas of tds addingdebuffs like shock or burning. I’m going to try to find it lol
  • Options
    We need a Bounty Hunter with a unique that makes thermal detonators better. Something like “whenever a TD is resisted or dispelled all Bounty Hunters gain 25% TM and their cooldowns are decreased by 1.”

Or “whenever a TD is resisted or dispelled removed 25% TM and inflict daze for 2 turns that cannot be resisted. If already dazed inflict stun for 1 turn.”

There are dozens of ideas along those lines that would make Bounty Hunters a major threat in arena.
  • Options
    We need a Bounty Hunter with a unique that makes thermal detonators better. Something like “whenever a TD is resisted or dispelled all Bounty Hunters gain 25% TM and their cooldowns are decreased by 1.”

Or “whenever a TD is resisted or dispelled removed 25% TM and inflict daze for 2 turns that cannot be resisted. If already dazed inflict stun for 1 turn.”

There are dozens of ideas along those lines that would make Bounty Hunters a major threat in arena.

Just make them unresistable and un-removable.
  • Options
    They HAVE to be gettting updated - they are so terrible and lack so many key skills: Taunt, team cleanse, enemy debuff, team protection regeneration, a healer, high damage, tankiness, strong TM removal....they just have so little to work with.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »

Just make them unresistable and un-removable.

Sure, but I just think doing things like that is a cheap way of inflicting Power creep and isn’t creative. Light side teams have all of these characters that resist/remove debuffs. Instead of just ignoring it, take that ability and use it against them
  • Options
    And from the developer side of things, use it to promote a new character or a reworked character and sell more gear/packs/etc.
  • Options
    And from the developer side of things, use it to promote a new character or a reworked character and sell more gear/packs/etc.

Agreed. Faction passes are a great way to introduce new characters. Esp with BH where there are a lot of requests.

• Options
    Another idea I like is having a tank that has a 20% chance per Bounty Hunter (or scoundrel) ally to inflict unavoidable offense down to each enemy at the start of their turn if they don’t have a debuff. It’s another way to indirectly punish those cleanse characters that make TD useless.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    An easy way for tds to work could be to have a character with a unique making any attempt to dispel/remove tds blow them up. "booby traps" might do.
    You can even spice it up with a sort of rpg mechanic.. say instead of auto fail and blow up on dispel attempts you might have different outcomes ranging from critical success to critical failure: full dispel, dispel but acquire x number of random debuff on dispelled toon, blow up and inflict x number of random debuffs on dispeller and dispelled toon.. You get the idea.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    I like the idea of Bounty Hunters punishing cleansers, as mention above. Or even something along the lines of, all Bounty Hunter allies gain X% Turn Meter whenever an enemy is cleansed of debuffs before they expire naturally. So the more the enemy dispel, the faster the Bounty Hunters get.

Could also link dispels to powering BH's with not just TM but also Offence boosts, Protection regen, Cooldown reductions etc...

Lots of opportunities there to make them a powerful faction and hold their own in the current meta. This can include reworks and new toons (Bossk, Jango, Zuckuss, 4-Lom, Aurra Sing) etc...

Would love to see Dark Side become more prominent!
  • Gawejn
    1117 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of Bounty Hunters punishing cleansers, as mention above. Or even something along the lines of, all Bounty Hunter allies gain X% Turn Meter whenever an enemy is cleansed of debuffs before they expire naturally. So the more the enemy dispel, the faster the Bounty Hunters get.

Could also link dispels to powering BH's with not just TM but also Offence boosts, Protection regen, Cooldown reductions etc...

Lots of opportunities there to make them a powerful faction and hold their own in the current meta. This can include reworks and new toons (Bossk, Jango, Zuckuss, 4-Lom, Aurra Sing) etc...

Would love to see Dark Side become more prominent!

BH needs rework but i dont think that it would be good if they would gain tm if td would be cleansed. They are already quite fast( exept Dengar who is a brother of snails). Cooldown reduction offense boost and prot regen is much better idea. I would add this that same amount of debuffs are cleansed also on BH if dt are cleansed. Would be very good if they could have potency up buff, that would increase their health and possibility to apply debufs. Also interesting option would be if dt would explode they regen 10% prot and health. Taunt would be also helpful.
  • Options
    I have 4 BH at G11 (Boba (with zeta), Dengar, Zam, and IG88), with the 4th at G9, and I would be surprised if I could beat 4 waves. The team is really weak. IG88 puts out good damage but is very squishy (zHan could probably kill him with his opening move), Dengar does virtually nothing notable with any of his abilities, Zam is really fast and cool but thermal detonators are too weak (as mentioned above), and Cad / Greedo do nothing special.
  • Options
    I don't like the idea of thermal detonators being un resistible or un cleansable; however they do need a fix. I think it would be cool to have detonators do OHKO damage if given the full two turns to explode, or damage equal to 2/3rds health or something if Zam or someone else prematurely detonates it. That would add a ton of strategy to how they get used
  • Options
    Boba leader with zam and greedo are a brutal combo with the mass tm gives, all the bh team needs are some choice zetas like greedo can get a buff to potency which helps bombs stick or a passive zeta on him or zam that makes bombs detonate when cleansed
  • Gawejn
    1117 posts Member
    Options
    Mithos wrote: »
    Boba leader with zam and greedo are a brutal combo with the mass tm gives, all the bh team needs are some choice zetas like greedo can get a buff to potency which helps bombs stick or a passive zeta on him or zam that makes bombs detonate when cleansed
    Brutal combo? I wouldnt call it Brutal :), maybe joke combo trying to hit ..... But...... Uuups ....... Nothing happened ....... Magic trick thermals dets vanished in the cosmo......
    They need prot regen health regen cleanser potency up tenacity down taunt or maybe target lock .....Buff imunity would be also good. This team right now is old school.... They just dont have weapon to fight which are right abilities. More I think that this concept of TD is just too old for this game. Maybe even this should really go away and new way, concept for BH should be given. Maybe really based on risk couse they risk a lot to gain Bounty. All what we think is trying to add something to TD but maybe this should just disapear from this team.
  • Options
    Making them a large part of DS TB probably means that something is in the works. I wouldn’t be surprised if the login character for December isn’t a bounty hunter.
  • Options
    I see that in over a year the bounty hunters still havent been shown love.. lol. What about my boy Cad Bane
  • Options
    Mithos wrote: »

Brutal? It's 4 launch characters and Boba who got a rework like a year ago. They fold like a cheap suit to...well everything.

Things that undo BH: a cleanser, a pretaunter, tenacity up, Rex lead, CLS lead, counter attackers, daze, zam getting ability blocked first turn, zam getting stunned ever, zam getting killed, any kind of debuff teams, their minuscule health pool, or that fact that they are all terrible except Zam, 88 & Fett.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Making the vets BH’s would be an easy way of giving the entire faction a boost. I’d love to try boba L, the vets, and two other plug and play toons (chaze, CLS and raid Han, GK and zarris). When they were released, you saw the vets could potentially crit for 30-40k.

#makethevetsbountyhunters
  • Gawejn
    1117 posts Member
    Options
    jwoah wrote: »
    Making the vets BH’s would be an easy way of giving the entire faction a boost. I’d love to try boba L, the vets, and two other plug and play toons (chaze, CLS and raid Han, GK and zarris). When they were released, you saw the vets could potentially crit for 30-40k.

#makethevetsbountyhunters

This is not BH squad.
  • Options
    Oh, I asked Bounty's rework very much time ago. But nothing happend.
    They are not belong to rebels, so...
  • Options
    The only thing bounty hunters need is more damage for most of the members and some zetas (IG-88 could get some really cool ones). They already have good synergy and most of them have good kits