New Rey

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Disappointed that I spent $20 worth of crystals on the veterans trying to get them ready. Glad that I know now before I spent another $100 to 7* them both. On to CLS!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Luke was called the last jedi by snoke in TFA. He says something on the lines of at last we have the map that will lead us to the last jedi

In Germany the title of the movie is "Die letzten Jedi"
    Thats Plural, so maybe there is more than Luke left or this means Rey is gonna be a Jedi

The opening crawl also referred to Luke as The Last Jedi. The plural term can still be considered correct. Think of the title: The Last of the Mohicans. Similar thought. The word Jedi can refer to the whole order and a single person as part of that Jedi Order.

Luke is the Last Jedi. This was stated in episode 6. This was stated in the opening crawl of episode 7. Apparently also stated by Snoke, though I don't remember that.

Even though Rey may undergo some Jedi training, being a Jedi is more than being a good guy force user. It means adopting that old religion and the code of the order that went with it. Ahsoka Fulcrum is not a Jedi for that very reason. She rejected the Jedi path. Still a good guy, still a force user and excellent lightsaber duelist. Not a Jedi.

Rey is not a Jedi. Luke is the Last Jedi.

EDIT: Sorry, but so many people missing the obvious is starting to get annoying. :)

In german that title would be "der letzte der mohikaner"
    "mohikaner" being plural, but "letzte" being singular.
    In "Die letzten Jedi" it's "letzten" that makes it plural, Jedi could be both. So it does mean there are multiple jedi, otherwise it would have meant there are multiple "jedi orders".
    Or i could be wrong, my german ins't great ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    To all the people saying she is meh, not great, underwhelming etc....are not taking into account all the other possible toons that she can be mixed and matched with. Thats the same narrowminded view that people who complain about a single toon needing a nerf and thinking a single toon is so overpowered when it's not the toon by it self that is strong.....but the toon that is mixed with the perfect team setup. When are you people gonna realize that in order for a single toon to shine at its maximum capacity...that the toon belongs with the best, perfect combination of a solid 5 member squad.

Say all you want she isn't great, not worth the farm or meh, etc. I'll be back in a month and laugh at all of you that are crying about her being OP and is in need of a nerf after people G12/zeta her and put her in a top tier perfect meta squad.

I'm glad I'm getting her on the day she is released, while folks stay behind the meta...I'm gonna be in the front with my peers owning your teams and sipping on your tears lol.

Yes, probably You spent enough and You have to think she will be great. :) She will be very good. That is for sure. Her foresight will be problematic to deal with and she can hit very hard. But she is not hero like CLS. And most of players can see this. But also I think I will use Imperial Probe Droid to blow her right from the start. Just for fun:). I hoped for more really from New Rey( i will not have her but I still wanted new great hero to be in game, that could change game more).
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    DarkPiece wrote: »
    A tank that doesn’t taunt, what’s the point

Fives: sure, why not.

Fives taunts under GK lead.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Disappointed that I spent $20 worth of crystals on the veterans trying to get them ready. Glad that I know now before I spent another $100 to 7* them both. On to CLS!

Oh definitely, between CLS and her, go for CLS , hands down
  • Options
    Luke was called the last jedi by snoke in TFA. He says something on the lines of at last we have the map that will lead us to the last jedi

Thats Plural, so maybe there is more than Luke left or this means Rey is gonna be a Jedi

The opening crawl also referred to Luke as The Last Jedi. The plural term can still be considered correct. Think of the title: The Last of the Mohicans. Similar thought. The word Jedi can refer to the whole order and a single person as part of that Jedi Order.

Luke is the Last Jedi. This was stated in episode 6. This was stated in the opening crawl of episode 7. Apparently also stated by Snoke, though I don't remember that.

Even though Rey may undergo some Jedi training, being a Jedi is more than being a good guy force user. It means adopting that old religion and the code of the order that went with it. Ahsoka Fulcrum is not a Jedi for that very reason. She rejected the Jedi path. Still a good guy, still a force user and excellent lightsaber duelist. Not a Jedi.

EDIT: Sorry, but so many people missing the obvious is starting to get annoying. :)

Being a jedi is not about religion nor training. It's about trials (initiate then jedi) you have to succeed or not. Hence it implies you have to follow the code you were talking about to achieve various tests. Luke training wasn't academical by any means, order was destroyed anyway, but he achieved his own trials.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    To all the people saying she is meh, not great, underwhelming etc....are not taking into account all the other possible toons that she can be mixed and matched with. Thats the same narrowminded view that people who complain about a single toon needing a nerf and thinking a single toon is so overpowered when it's not the toon by it self that is strong.....but the toon that is mixed with the perfect team setup. When are you people gonna realize that in order for a single toon to shine at its maximum capacity...that the toon belongs with the best, perfect combination of a solid 5 member squad.

Say all you want she isn't great, not worth the farm or meh, etc. I'll be back in a month and laugh at all of you that are crying about her being OP and is in need of a nerf after people G12/zeta her and put her in a top tier perfect meta squad.

I'm glad I'm getting her on the day she is released, while folks stay behind the meta...I'm gonna be in the front with my peers owning your teams and sipping on your tears lol.

When are people you like going to realize, that your argument is null and void when you can just throw together the 5 most OP toons together regardless of their synergies and dominate other squads. Pay to Win is not a strategy.

Power creep is real. Some toons are WAY overpowered.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

In "Die letzten Jedi" it's "letzten" that makes it plural, Jedi could be both. So it does mean there are multiple jedi, otherwise it would have meant there are multiple "jedi orders".

Sorry mate, but you're wrong.
    "Mohikaner" is singular and plural. Just like "letzte". female singular and more then one person plural.
    But "Die letzten" is without a doubt plural.

But back to topic. Am kind of disappointed and happy at the same time. Disappointed of her kit. She's kind of a marquee toon and not a hero.. happy, that I didn't buy the vets pack last night.
  • Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »

When are people you like going to realize, that your argument is null and void when you can just throw together the 5 most OP toons together regardless of their synergies and dominate other squads. Pay to Win is not a strategy.

Power creep is real. Some toons are WAY overpowered.

Power creep is even worse since there are irresistible effects everywhere. CG only have bypassed their own rules which is really bad design wise. Thrawn, Nihilus, Talzin and now Rey's debuff.

If you want to balance your game stick to the rules, and stop implementing cash traps every week. :s
  • Options
    This kit is not worthy of a Hero's Journey requirement. Been saving credits, gear, and zetas for a month and am very let down by this. Wampa is a better character than new Rey. No expose synergy with Finn lead ( a much better leader) just like original Rey, trying to add Crit Chance synergy to one of the only teams who doesn't need it, has to work 4x as hard to do half of what CLS does to remove turn meter or do damage on twice the cooldown, not to mention Resistance didn't need a 3rd Tank. Her visuals and animations are great, but whoever signed off on this kit doesn't seem to understand how Resistance works.

Maybe she was built to synergize with characters that haven't been announced/released, yet? If she was built for Resistance, they really missed the mark.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Not effort....you mean money to get it when released
    Ulon wrote: »
    So much effort... and yet... only a pve toon... heya holotable heroes....

I just don‘t get it, labeled as tank, and yet no taunt. GJ on design. Probably the wrong job you got there.

All those debuff and cleanse.... : Support
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

You're correct, furthermore, I'm italian and for us the title is "gli ultimi jedi" gli is a plural article and ultimi (last) is the plural declination of ultimo.. That makes perfectly clear we're talking about more than one jedi.
    Res non verba
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    OutOfOrder wrote: »

Sorry mate, but you're wrong.
    "Mohikaner" is singular and plural. Just like "letzte". female singular and more then one person plural.
    But "Die letzten" is without a doubt plural.

German is a horrible language. Regardless of my mistakes, the conclusion still holds true, wich is the most important.
    "Die letzten Jedi" means there are either more than one "jedi", or more than 1 "jedi orders".
  • Options

Let's just ignore the opening crawl of episode 7, then, where they literally point Luke out as being THE last Jedi.

6cflLdI.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Let's just ignore the opening crawl of episode 7, then, where they literally point Luke out as being THE last Jedi.

6cflLdI.png

hey, don't blame me, blame the german and italian translators. ;)
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

6cflLdI.png

Nobody wrote/said/meant the last that will ever be.. I don't see anything incoherent with Luke being the last one just at that specific time.
    Even when I was a kid watching the og trilogy I kinda expected Luke to rebuild the order/perpetuate the tradition.
    Actually, also what is now legends always pointed in that direction.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    In spanish is "Los últimos Jedi", plural again, like in german and italian...

So I think at this point is clear it refers to more than one "jedi".
  • Options
    It's kind of funny to see people interpreting German, when they don't speak it themselves...

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    It's kind of funny to see people interpreting German, when they don't speak it themselves...

well, atleast now we know there will be multiple jedi ;)