Discussion about KRU kit

Prev1
While I found KRU kit nice overall (lead is great and unique also fits really nicely too) the other abilities seem much more... disapointing.

Basic is Ok: tenacity down is nice and also the taunt mechanic, but it hits really really little.

Halt should be undispellable: It has no point to have a great two turns stun with all the multiple cleanses there are now in game: Chirrut, rex, ackbar, FOO, kanan, hera, GK, thrawn, finn, talia, bb8... without that is just only a small annoyance.

Focused rage hit ok to stun targets, but it recovers health. It should be proteccion just like masked kylo ren. Passive unique recovers health on hit and also halt recovers 10% health, it has no point to recover even more health with this ability.
Also, for being a tank with low damage his survivability should be higher (he has low prot and health for being a tank, compared to baze, gk, shoretrooper, sith trooper, etc) and recovering prot with this special would help with that.

What do you think?

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    DeepChu wrote: »

What do you think?

You got it right. For some reason devs decided Kylo Ren is/are not a heavy hitter, but rather a (useless) tank.

Soon someone points out Kylo’s Outrage, but try to have the AI use it.
  • Options
    It's just more LS biase. I wish kru had new Rey's kit. It would have made more sense than her having it.
  • Options
    Unmasked as leader makes First Order insane. What are you guys talking about? Remember when Droids were great because there was a character with exactly one ability that did nothing else but fill their TM and then win the game?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Unmasked as leader makes First Order insane. What are you guys talking about? Remember when Droids were great because there was a character with exactly one ability that did nothing else but fill their TM and then win the game?

This guy gets it. :D Matt is actually very very awesome. Especially his leader ability. He just doesn't have the crew that makes him quite as general as Rey in arena. But he's an "I Win" button in DS TB all the way through phase 6. Put him in TW as defense and you need a dedicated team to take them down, or 8 not-as-powerful teams.
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    You got it right. For some reason devs decided Kylo Ren is/are not a heavy hitter, but rather a (useless) tank.

He has a nearly permanent taunt from his basic and first special, heals when he takes damage, and while taunting has a 100% counterattack. What, exactly, do you consider a useful tank?
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm surprised there remains much doubt about KRUM's power. Top gear/mod FOST and kylo ren under zeta lead KRUM are godly. FOST has nearly 110k protection/hp and gets 6k back per status effect. Kylo becomes a self-healing wall when stun/fractured/deathmarked with his auto defense buff both from auto-dot and if you try to burn him down... to the point he will gain way more back than you can deal him.
  • Options
    I’m in a pretty old whale shard there’s a guy from China that runs First Order only one in the top 50 he falls to around 25-30 but climbs his way to the top around 4am my time. There’s also bound to be another FO toon or two yet hopefully a Foo replacement with Hux
  • Options
    If KRU's stun were undispellable, he'd be a great toon. As it is, his leader is great, and he's just-okay otherwise. Alas.
  • Options
    As the team currently stands they are not that strong. Have nearly all gear 12 and good mods. Even with 2 FO tanks the protection regain is trivial vs the damage output from opposing teams.
    I'm suprised this isn't talked about more... crit immunity. Without GK's crit immunity toons get dropped too quickly. It's too clutch and basically necessary in today's heavy hitter arena.
    Tried my Kru lead FO against new Rey meta team in top arena and frankly it's impossible to win. They desperately need new powerful and tanky members .. and probably someone who either provides crit immunity or some sort of decent passive damage reduction.
    ..and yes Kru's one major asset, the 2 turn stun, should be undispellable. Even this would only be a meager improvement in the current L'S dominate arena.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    If KRU's stun were undispellable, he'd be a great toon. As it is, his leader is great, and he's just-okay otherwise. Alas.

What’s a character have to do to be better than just-okay in your book?
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »

What’s a character have to do to be better than just-okay in your book?

Don't know about his list of great toons, but CLS, GK and Thrawn sure are there somewhere
    They're versatile, can do lots of damage (even GK, with the whole squad assist), have very good leader and overall abilities and can manage buffs and debuffs very well
  • Options
    An undispellable stun would be awesome, and is not unrealistic, since Thrawn's fracture works in a similar manner (it's almost a 2 turns stun, cause of the speed down). So even if Thrawn (who's a very nice character and all, but not one of the main characters of a movie franchise) has an awesome ability, why can't Kylo?
  • Options
    Winterbio wrote: »
    An undispellable stun would be awesome, and is not unrealistic, since Thrawn's fracture works in a similar manner (it's almost a 2 turns stun, cause of the speed down). So even if Thrawn (who's a very nice character and all, but not one of the main characters of a movie franchise) has an awesome ability, why can't Kylo?

Because his leader ability and unique ability and being one of the best tanks is an awesome ability.
  • Options

Because his leader ability and unique ability and being one of the best tanks is an awesome ability.

He may be, but his basic is lackluster and his stun could get better! Just look at Thrawn's kit: awesome leader, good unique, nice basic (can stun and give ability lock), awesome unique mechanics on his special (fracture and the swap/clear/recover protection ability).
    What I'm saying is, Kylo could be more (as he is, he needs better allies, but he could be a toon usable in more squads, not only as a good leader)
  • Options
    And look, I'm not saying he needs to be meta breaking or anything, an undispellable stun wouldn't change the meta as it is, but could make him a good choice in arena. After this movie, I really want Kylo to shine just a little bit more
  • Options
    And look, I'm not saying he needs to be meta breaking or anything, an undispellable stun wouldn't change the meta as it is, but could make him a good choice in arena. After this movie, I really want Kylo to shine just a little bit more

Rey and Kylo are the 2 big heroes of the new movie, so I completely agree that his stun should be undispellable like Rey's Heal immunity. There's no reason why Rey should be more powerful than Kylo. Both kits are good imo since they both require their faction to be played at their full potential.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Rey and Kylo are the 2 big heroes of the new movie, so I completely agree that his stun should be undispellable like Rey's Heal immunity. There's no reason why Rey should be more powerful than Kylo. Both kits are good imo since they both require their faction to be played at their full potential.

That is what I feel, He is overall good, but that's all. While new shiny rey + bb8 + r2 + 2 meta toons have enter directly in arena meta (not destroying it thankfully) KRU Team can't compete there. Have tried several combinations zzKRU + zFOST + Zylo with two of zFOTP / thrawn / r2 / cls / han / DN / FOO arena modded and simply can't compete with CLS squads or new rey teams.

I really would like FO to have a competitive arena team, but nowadays that's impossible. Maybe with the addition of a new toon (hux or bb9e to glue them together with a great passive or powerfull buffs / debuffs).

Let's see what happens
  • Options
    I am not affiliated with Rumple, but this is my second time plugging his videos. He uses KRU as a second taunt in his sith team to great success in current meta.

Untested againat jedi rey and NS, but easy wins vs CLS/zarris/rex teams. So he has other uses than leader. Certainly worth the Farm/gear.
  • Options
    Matt won't get plagued to death by NS and is much less likely to spread it with all those heals. I watch many a tank fall with full protection bars against my ladies so I think Matt's just not getting his due yet.

Rebels are on the way out. Looking forward to seeing what people say in a month.
  • Options
    I have 5 KRUM teams in my shard currently. Top 100. I think highest stays about 50 range. But I'm in a very tough shard too.
  • Options
    Farming him in shipments. Strong team in many areas of the game.
  • Options
    If you don't like him, that's fine. I continue to run him at the top of arena with a pure FO team.

One comment you made though is odd -- that his hp/prot is low. It's not really. He has 67k ehp (effective hp, for those who aren't familiar with that acronym).

Compare that to:
    KRU: 67k
    Baze: 68k
    GK: 76k
    Shore: 75k
    ST: 72k
    Sun Fac: 74k
    Stormtrooper: 61k
    FOST: 63k
    Chopper: 61k
    STH: 53k
    Finn: 64k
    K2SO: 71k

His number isn't unreasonably low. There are plenty of tanks below him.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    If you don't like him, that's fine. I continue to run him at the top of arena with a pure FO team.

One comment you made though is odd -- that his hp/prot is low. It's not really. He has 67k ehp (effective hp, for those who aren't familiar with that acronym).

Compare that to:

I do like him, really, but in my shard there is no way I can do top with a pure FO squad.

Answering to your list I compared him with the TOP tanks:

Malbus has 20% more health for his passive + r2 is usually there with number crunch to increase that more.
    GK kit is just awsome and highest pool and his super "everybody attacks at my order and destroy that guy".
    Shoretrooper puts crit immunity + 10% max health for his passive.
    and ST has +100% defense plus protection up.

All of the above have an effective health + prot pool higher or much higher than KRU.

Of course there are plenty tanks below him, that's not the point.

He is a good tank, and has improved FO team a lot, but it is not enough for top arena, that's all.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Stums are orders of magnitude stronger and more important than heal immunity. You can’t compare the two one for one.
  • Options
    DeepChu wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »

Compare that to:

I do like him, really, but in my shard there is no way I can do top with a pure FO squad.

Answering to your list I compared him with the TOP tanks:

Malbus has 20% more health for his passive + r2 is usually there with number crunch to increase that more.
    GK kit is just awsome and highest pool and his super "everybody attacks at my order and destroy that guy".
    Shoretrooper puts crit immunity + 10% max health for his passive.
    and ST has +100% defense plus protection up.

All of the above have an effective health + prot pool higher or much higher than KRU.

Of course there are plenty tanks below him, that's not the point.

He is a good tank, and has improved FO team a lot, but it is not enough for top arena, that's all.

I guess I just disagree. I don't think you should include other characters in the team (r2) when evalutating a tank. Also, those others do have passives that help their survivability, but so does KRU. He gains 8% health whenever he is damaged and gains 10% health when he uses Halt. For me, he holds up great. (Dec 2015 shard) When paired with FOST with KRU lead, the two are very hard to bring down.
  • Options
    He's not CLS, but he's not bad if you zeta him.

Oh, and his new ship is awesome
  • Options
    The optimal FO team is KRU, Kylo, SFTP, FOST and FOO. Thanks to FOO, the team can stun everyone like crazy and Gains lots of TM and buffs (that provide Heals if you have KRU Zeta).
    In my opinion, we need Hux as a viable replacement for FOO that can reduce CDs and cleanse. Also some Offense up will be nice, given the fact that CRIT change/damage and speed are already there.
    This team can perfectly win against the meta from what I've seen.
  • Options
    The optimal FO team is KRU, Kylo, SFTP, FOST and FOO. Thanks to FOO, the team can stun everyone like crazy and Gains lots of TM and buffs (that provide Heals if you have KRU Zeta).
    In my opinion, we need Hux as a viable replacement for FOO that can reduce CDs and cleanse. Also some Offense up will be nice, given the fact that CRIT change/damage and speed are already there.

****, why would you post that just when i finally made up my mind to put a zeta on FTP? I was planning to go for kru(L) fost fotp foo thrawn but now i feel i need to consider more...
  • Options

****, why would you post that just when i finally made up my mind to put a zeta on FTP? I was planning to go for kru(L) fost fotp foo thrawn but now i feel i need to consider more...

I thought about Thrawn as a replacement for FOO, but Officer reduces cooldowns. Kylo can stun people before the first stun you placed is over. SFTP can stun more frequently as well, plus FOST can taunt before his taunt is over. Imagine potentially permanent Speed up and Defense up as well. All thanks to One ability.
  • Options
    I agree. I feel his stun should be undispellable, and maybe make it 1 turn instead to not be abused. Idk he needs something.