Holiday gaming deals -

Replies

• Options
    Morning morning,
    Going to be going spelunking in the backlog of this thread to review the feedback given, and sift through the questions that I think need further clarification.

I just hope you can give us actual savings and not some ridiculous answer like the previous one...
  • Options
    It’s Christmas and we always need $ somewhere else, don’t waste on non-sales items.
  • Options
    Morning morning,
    Going to be going spelunking in the backlog of this thread to review the feedback given, and sift through the questions that I think need further clarification.

Thanks for looking into this some more. There are many very valid points in this thread and the community is feeling pretty bad about how this all went down.
  • Options
    So is adding 25% to something the new August?
  • Options

You didn't know that normally August is only 25 days long and that you are actually getting 6 bonus days?!?
  • Options
    Grue wrote: »

You didn't know that normally August is only 25 days long and that you are actually getting 6 bonus days?!?

I googled it, you are right, we just didn't notice because bonus august was active all the time!
  • Options
    The chances of successfully navigating this PR nightmare are approximately 3720:1
  • Options
    Casca wrote: »
    The chances of successfully navigating this PR nightmare are approximately 3720:1
    No it would have been pretty easy to successfully navigate: should've given 25% off all in app purchases, or at the very least, crystals
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    Also, admit they've made a mistake and apologize.

Apology accepted, Captain Needa.
  • Options

I don’t know if the loot bags here are considered under this provision. They give a reward no matter how minor. The BF2 loot boxes had a chance to grant nothing. We’ll see how this change is interpreted.
  • nxv
    49 posts Member
    Options

That's not really relevant for the deal in question here, but hopefully that has an impact on those 10-330 shard packs. It's an Apple initiative though, hopefully Google will follow suit.
  • Options
    Definitely not the set packs like what this value added debacle is about, but I do wonder if the 5-330 shard packs could be part of this guideline. Sorry don’t want to get too OT so gonna just stop there.
  • Options
    I think a simple sorry for the misunderstanding and here's 500 crystals for everyone. Merry Christmas :)
  • Options
    Brock wrote: »
    I think a simple sorry for the misunderstanding and here's 500 crystals for everyone. Merry Christmas :)

And they were just going to give us 375 crystals so the 500 will be a 25% added value !
  • Options
    I just checked and I’ve spent 2 grand on this game in the past 12 months. I think that entitles me to not having my posts moved by kyno to obscure areas of the forums every time I write something. That would be my version of double value.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    IMG_0580.png

IMG_0581.jpg

The bundles are not 25% more credits. Same deal as sept/oct

Yeah I don't understand how it is 25% more credits. More than what if it is the same amount as offered before?
    Maybe @CG_Kozispoon or someone else can explain the math.

Sorry for long image but wanted to make sure it captured the date

NoZbOea.jpg

Edit- they've been put back
  • Options
    That's a good start. Maybe they came to their senses.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya,

We recognize that some players in the community have expressed frustration with the messaging related to offers regarding the Star Wars games collection. We appreciate your feedback on how we can improve our messaging in the future.

As a courtesy, we will present every player with 2 million additional credits in tomorrow’s Game Update. This represents an increase in credits of more than 25% over the amount included in the three offered promotional packs.

We hear you, we’ll always look to do better, and we’ll continue to grow, expand and improve this game with the support of this community.

Have a happy holiday and we’ll see you on the Holotables!

Kozi
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hiya,

We apologize, some players in the community have expressed frustration with the messaging related to offers regarding the Star Wars games collection. We appreciate your feedback on how we can improve our messaging in the future.

As a courtesy, we will present every player with 2 million additional credits in tomorrow’s Game Update.

We’ll improve this game with the support of this community.

Kozi

I wish this was the actual quote.
  • Options
    Hiya,

We recognize that some players in the community have expressed frustration with the messaging related to offers regarding the Star Wars games collection. We appreciate your feedback on how we can improve our messaging in the future.

As a courtesy, we will present every player with 2 million additional credits in tomorrow’s Game Update. This represents an increase in credits of more than 25% over the amount included in the three offered promotional packs.

We hear you, we’ll always look to do better, and we’ll continue to grow, expand and improve this game with the support of this community.

Kozi

@CG_Kozispoon I will take your post as an apology. Please understand that this could have impacted the game in a very negative way. To you folks we are all just gamers, but a lot of us work for the companies that advertise for CG and EA.

Happy Holidays and we appreciate you
  • Options
    Apology accepted. And to avoid this in the future - treat us like adults.
    Happy holidays !
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thanks Kozi !
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure we were going to get 1,5 mil credits initially so it’s 25% more!!!
  • Options
    The sad part is we're taking this hatred out on the wrong people. As someone who works for a company that upper management likes to screw it's own customers, (I don't work for EA) I do everything I can as an employee to fight for our subscribers.

Having said that...... I wish I had spent any kind of money on this game in the last 3 months so I could complain and get a refund. but I stopped after the last big ridiculousness, (or was it the one before that? or maybe the one before that?)
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I went from being completely happy with @CG_Kozispoon 's responses to legitimately upset because of [insert heavy handed thing I can't say that happened or talk about on the forums apparently]

Once again, CG messs up, CG fixes it, then CG [insert assumption here about my implication]
  • Options
    This is just ridiculous! I lost an access to my EA account which I had to restore and now I find out that my forum account has been deleted?
    WHY?
    For starting this thread?
    That's what I get for spending couple hundred bucks on this game? You mothertruckers !
  • Options
    Kreontas wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure we were going to get 1,5 mil credits initially so it’s 25% more!!!

Pete the pedant thinks 0.5m above 1.5m is actually 33.33333% more, but Pete doesn't get invited to parties :p

• Options
    Hiya,

Kozi

Thank you for this. Will there still be some kind of holiday offers? I've been waiting for this time of year to buy some pack or something, hoping there would be savings.
  • Options
    If everyone would try being more positive then maybe more positive things will happen
    I'm sure you wouldn't want to go to work every day if you had to read so much negative information
    Thanks Kozi for this year of improvements to the game. I am looking forward to what lies ahead
    Happy Holidays!! :)