• Options
    You’re all wrong it is revan :D
  • Options

Revan, Jango, Grievous rework

All mythical in the SWGOH world
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Aright, I'm convinced. The "what's ahead" hint is Palpatine mythic event.

It will require galactic republic vs Palpatine , or perhaps Mace

What if it is a Mace Windu rework?!
  • Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
    933 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Bossk_Hogg

You might want to read up on SARFT, CFG, Huaxia, etc.

It is required for at least 2 speaking actors to be Chinese, as well as at least one producer or editor, in order for an American movie to be released in China. ( this is not written down anywhere but your film will not get approval without it). China only allows a handful of US movies to be shown in China.

@Nauros is right, though maybe not in the way he intended.

It isn't a SJW thing, it is a make more money by being allowed to release it in China and sell more movies and merch thing

Also direct advertising for a US film is not allowed in China, because the government is trying hard to protect them chinese film industry.

I actually interviewed Robert Cain about this subject in my international marketing class

Um, are you talking about the actress for rose? Because she’s American, not Chinese. And as far as ethnicity goes, Tran is a Vietnamese name.
    I think it’s hilarious that this OP got so thoroughly sidetracked, btw. On a more Star Wars related note, I’m really hoping that getting Poe and Finn means a resistance legendary event (Snoke maybe?).
  • Options
    Login Character(s) for Jan- Poe, Finn
    LLLLLLAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEE
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    How about some Paetorian Guard they were awesome
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Almost guaranteed marquee event this month imo

But the login characters have already been posted. It is Poe and Finn
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Poe and Finn worst tie pilots in history
  • Options

Almost guaranteed marquee event this month imo

But the login characters have already been posted. It is Poe and Finn

Yeah I know. Its right here in case anyone was wondering...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/150548/event-calendar-jan#latest

They already have the January Event Calendar out with Poe and Finn listed as the login toons for the month. I for one am happy cause I still need my Finn 7* for the next Jedi Rey event. And Poe is a nice addition for my growing resistance team. :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Yusef
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The price of treason is
    watching kylo ren with no shirt, Luke skywalker drinking green mystery juice, and the weird finn and rose kiss.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Why in the world does anyone want rose? Seriously? Is there some much better back story in comics or something that wasn't in the movie? She did less than bistan. At least he got off a couple blaster shots.

There are also people asking for Padme. Pretty extraordinary.

Padme was vital to the movies and showed skills in diplomatic and battle situations. Rose just fulfilled a stereotype about women drivers. I'm not calling for padme but she makes sense

Rose is just a diversity checkbox, that's all. I won't be surprised if they actually pull off the whole Poe-Finn thing to check another one...

With all due respect, this is a really ignorant statement. Regardless if you liked the character or not, it is wrong to assume everything is done for diversity's sake. I mean, it's Star Wars. We have weird aliens all over the place. If you feel "diversity" was forced, it is you who have a problem.

I’m not so sure you are correct, she seemed just thrown in there for no reason in the first place. Sounds like the checking of a diversity checkbox to me
  • skywhopper
    451 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Why in the world does anyone want rose? Seriously? Is there some much better back story in comics or something that wasn't in the movie? She did less than bistan. At least he got off a couple blaster shots.

Padme was vital to the movies and showed skills in diplomatic and battle situations. Rose just fulfilled a stereotype about women drivers. I'm not calling for padme but she makes sense

Rose is just a diversity checkbox, that's all. I won't be surprised if they actually pull off the whole Poe-Finn thing to check another one...

With all due respect, this is a really ignorant statement. Regardless if you liked the character or not, it is wrong to assume everything is done for diversity's sake. I mean, it's Star Wars. We have weird aliens all over the place. If you feel "diversity" was forced, it is you who have a problem.

I’m not so sure you are correct, she seemed just thrown in there for no reason in the first place. Sounds like the checking of a diversity checkbox to me

She’s a foil and a motivation for Finn to play off his base instincts (to run in fear and to foolishly play the hero) and an interesting character in her own right—a resistance member we never see in other movies. Not from a rich family or a famous name. Not a hot shot pilot. Just a maintenance worker from a poor background who has a very different perspective and motivation than the heroes we have met so far. She has different priorities and motivations, and yet she’s part of the same resistance as conflicted naive Finn, insubordinate hotshot entitled Poe, reserved and aloof Holdo, cynical brash Princess/General Leia, fiercely loyal Chewbacca, and angst-ridden powerful Rey. Diversity = good storytelling and good character development.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Not a hot shot pilot. Just a maintenance worker from a poor background

Except when she suddenly becomes a hot shot pilot. ;)
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

Actually the character or at least choice of actor for Lando was added specifically for this reason. So, your statement is rather ignorant.

Another is Holdo in TLJ (lady with purple hair) the LGBTQ community was upset and actually marks this as a check against TLJ, as Holdo's character is apparently stated to be Pansexual (whatever the hec that is) and they were upset by the fact that all they got as "representation" in star was was a lady with purple hair - I don't understand what else they were thinking they could do with such a character in a Disney movie, lol

Actually the character or at least choice of actor for Lando was added specifically for this reason. So, your statement is rather ignorant.

Another is Holdo in TLJ (lady with purple hair) the LGBTQ community was upset and actually marks this as a check against TLJ, as Holdo's character is apparently stated to be Pansexual (whatever the hec that is) and they were upset by the fact that all they got as "representation" in star was was a lady with purple hair - I don't understand what else they were thinking they could do with such a character in a Disney movie, lol

It means she would n00kie with a wookie.
  • Options
    Definitely Snoke. For those who've deen TLJ, you know what I'm talking about.

Not sure he would make the “cut”
  • Options
    Yusef wrote: »
    The price of treason is
    watching kylo ren with no shirt, Luke skywalker drinking green mystery juice, and the weird finn and rose kiss.

I'll take death, please.
  • Options

Not sure he would make the “cut”

Make mine a double lol
  • Options
    I'm kind of divided on Snoke as a playable character...
  • Options

She’s a foil and a motivation for Finn to play off his base instincts (to run in fear and to foolishly play the hero) and an interesting character in her own right—a resistance member we never see in other movies. Not from a rich family or a famous name. Not a hot shot pilot. Just a maintenance worker from a poor background who has a very different perspective and motivation than the heroes we have met so far. She has different priorities and motivations, and yet she’s part of the same resistance as conflicted naive Finn, insubordinate hotshot entitled Poe, reserved and aloof Holdo, cynical brash Princess/General Leia, fiercely loyal Chewbacca, and angst-ridden powerful Rey. Diversity = good storytelling and good character development.

Correct. Diversity itself is actually good for the saga. Now, racial diversity* is something no one should consider a factor when it comes to making an opinion about a movie. The actors are playing a character, and that's what you're seeing onscreen. You think Rose was a bad character? Fine. You think she was a bad character because she was racially forced? You are being irrational, not to mention low-key racist.
  • Options
    It is required for at least 2 speaking actors to be Chinese, as well as at least one producer or editor, in order for an American movie to be released in China. ( this is not written down anywhere but your film will not get approval without it). China only allows a handful of US movies to be shown in China.

This is complete nonsense.

• Options
    the price for treason is 2 vaults, and you can forget about the +25% bonus, that is not happening for you
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

Revan, Jango, Grievous rework

All mythical in the SWGOH world

@FierceRevan ah yes, the holy grail content we’ve been clamoring for. We may get one of these in 2018.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by FierceRevan on
  • Options
    Does master pong krell say this when he confesses to joining the separatists to captain rex????
  • Options
    I still believe the price for treason is $74.99.
  • Options
    I think (hope) it will be Luke. He's the one who betrayed Ben and tried to kill him... and the price was his exile.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Not a hot shot pilot. Just a maintenance worker from a poor background

Except when she suddenly becomes a hot shot pilot. ;)

When was that exactly?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Absolutely - that was exactly why Lando was cast the way he was in TESB as there was 0 diversity in ANH and there was a call out from the black community about it. This is 100% true - look it up

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seamuskirst/2015/12/21/with-diverse-characters-the-force-awakens-has-great-success-while-practicing-inclusive-casting/#7127de912d05

"George Lucas’ original Star Wars trilogy (1977-1983) was criticized for its almost complete lack of racial diversity. Billy Dee Williams played the only lead character of color, Lando Calrissian, while James Earl Jones was the voice of Darth Vader."

https://filmschoolrejects.com/the-fight-over-star-wars-and-racism-in-1977-828063c65f65/

http://vulturehound.co.uk/2016/11/why-lando-calrissian-is-so-important-to-progressive-thinking-in-hollywood/

Here's a good question - why can't Lando be cast as an Asian or White person in the Han Solo movie?

Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child production cast this well known character as black.

Purist fans were upset as Hermione has been always portrayed as white.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jk-rowling-shuts-down-racist-8157939

Rowling's responding comments from fans with thoughts and beliefs around continuity of the franchise and its characters were of racist remarks. Of course everyone backs Rowling's comments as being liberally modern and diverse, and that Hermione has never been described (in the books) as white, however certain instances in the bools would point to her being of a light skin pigmentation, despite the fact that Hermione was depicted as white on the cover of every Harry Potter book and was portrayed by a white actress in every movie - Rowling had to have signed off on that.

But the hardcore fans are actually the ones in the right - seriously imagine a Chinese Lando Calrisian in the new Han Solo movie, because he was a good actor for the role, are you racist to think that it would not be suitable?

How about Leia is no longer portrayed by Carrie Fisher in E9 (due to her sad passing) but don't worry they hired Al Pacino instead because they felt he was right for the role?

Its all nonsense.
    Post edited by Boo on
  • Options
    Pacyn4life wrote: »
    New Poe...

As much as I love Poe, I can’t see justification for this. Outside of some emotional growth, there was nothing in the movie justifying new abilities or a new toon.

I expect some FO toons... specifically the Praetorian guard and FO Executioner (IIRC, they were in the RJT event).
  • Options
    How about Leia is no longer portrayed by Carrie Fisher in E9 (due to her sad passing) but don't worry they hired Al Pacino instead because they felt he was right for the role?

Its all nonsense.

What if Al Pachino identifies as Carrie Fisher now? We are talking Calif. here.

This discussion has been closed.