Why are Jedi so weak

Replies

• Options
    Lumi and QGJ ain't weak

There isn't anything "weak" about Lumi. While QGJ hits hard, especially with his assist attack, he has less health than Dooku. And Yoda ain't much better... Sure they hit ok, but other than Lumi and especially Barris, their health is pitiful. That's at lvl70 with lvl8 gear...

Once you max out Yoda gear he aint so squishy. I have him 5* GR9 and he has 9300 health plus i think he gets more in gear 10. Just need 30 more purple eye balls lol. Not to mention he hits real hard too, with poggle buff I one shot Qui-Gone yesterday hitting for OVER 9000! lol. For real tho I one shot em lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Jedi's are far from weak. Without Jedi you just can't get far into GW which is a large part of the game. Even in Arena, at least most of the top 10 players in my server use QGJ as leader.

Actually Jedi is the strongest class (excluding the functional classes i.e. attacker/tank/healer/support) in this game. Just think about any team of 5 toons from the same class, Jedi team can beat all the others, even the Sith team.

I agree with this. Best 5 Jedi would beat best 5 of anything with the possible exceptions of droids.

A resistance team though is interesting with Poe and Rey and a pilot. But probably doesn't do enough damage to survive the fact that they have no healing.
  • Options
    brinau wrote: »
    aayla secura is great too.
    If Aayla wasn't a Jedi...she would be ideal for a "nightclub dance bar" in Jaaku.
    Never understood why that character was always made to look like a "loose char".
  • Options
    most of the jedi are underpowered and need reworked.

This
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for all the feedback guys.

OK, so I started working on my Anakin. He is up to level 52, but man alive I'm broke. It was expensive taking Yoda from 0 to 70 and QGJ from 25 to 70 this past week. I am just weary of throwing a 4* Anakin into my arena team (when I get him to 70)

Also, i have Assaj Ventress at lvl52, she is at gear 8, currently at 5*. I have the shards to make her 6*, I just don't have the 500k to cover the upgrade cost. Would a lvl70 6* Ventress be a good replacement for Barris in my arena team?

• Options

OK, so I started working on my Anakin. He is up to level 52, but man alive I'm broke. It was expensive taking Yoda from 0 to 70 and QGJ from 25 to 70 this past week. I am just weary of throwing a 4* Anakin into my arena team (when I get him to 70)

Also, i have Assaj Ventress at lvl52, she is at gear 8, currently at 5*. I have the shards to make her 6*, I just don't have the 500k to cover the upgrade cost. Would a lvl70 6* Ventress be a good replacement for Barris in my arena team?

If your going fora Strong Jedi team i would suggest cutting all losses with Asaj and finishing her later and go all out Eeth Koth. Not only does he have the most reliable stun in the game but he's got good health, damage and speed. Also he is one of the easiest players to gear up. If your not going all out Jedi then Finish Sid off to 7* before moving onto someone else in the Squad Arena Shipments. Right now Asaj is horrible in Arena because she is one of the slowest characters in the game, she is very helpful in PvE tho. Try to think long term with that your plans are and go from there!

Also seeing's as your done Lum i would suggest getting Poggle, very strong character as has great synergy with pretty well any team comp.

Just my thoughts!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Any help is greatly appreciated! [/quote]

If you are having trouble in GW I would suggest f
    Since reading about the Yoda event, I stopped farming anyone not a Jedi, and have grown my team as so.

My current A team

7* Lumi, 5 *Barris, 5* QGJ, 5* Yoda, and (depending on the match) 5* Dooku or 6* Sid

My issue is that now that I am rocking a mainly Jedi team, my team has dropped in the arena, and I STILL can't beat GW anymore.

I would also like to mention that I believe JC is huge key in surviving GW as a Jedi team because when his skill is maxed our it's only a 2 to 3 turn cool-down for his heal.. Depending on what you have him at currently it might be better for you to finish him off before Barris. Once again just my thoughts, hope it helps!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

If your going fora Strong Jedi team i would suggest cutting all losses with Asaj and finishing her later and go all out Eeth Koth. Not only does he have the most reliable stun in the game but he's got good health, damage and speed. Also he is one of the easiest players to gear up. If your not going all out Jedi then Finish Sid off to 7* before moving onto someone else in the Squad Arena Shipments. Right now Asaj is horrible in Arena because she is one of the slowest characters in the game, she is very helpful in PvE tho. Try to think long term with that your plans are and go from there!

Also seeing's as your done Lum i would suggest getting Poggle, very strong character as has great synergy with pretty well any team comp.

Just my thoughts!

Thanks for the reply. Ok, let's see... I started getting Ventress before they fixed her ability where she heals herself. I didn't have her so I didn't know that was a bug. At the time, I thought she was a DS healer. I have never used her (my own) in any battle, but i have pulled her into a few before. I knew when I started farming her she wasn't even going to be viable until I get her to 6 stars. I have all 85 shards just don't want to use the 500k to give her that 6th star. Since I was told by many that Barris needs to be dropped from my Arena team, I was wondering if I should spend that 500k to give her the 6th star (again, I have all the shards already.) I have no plans to take her or Sid to 7*. Neither are end game characters, so 6 is as far as I'm taking either of them, at least anytime soon. Anyway, which would be better Ventress, or my 4* Anakin in my lineup? It took SO long to get him, and it's gonna take forever to get his star rating up. But it's a process, an everyday process.

My plan is to make an all out Jedi A team. I have already started farming Eeth Koth. I will have him unlocked in a few days. Since I'm going all in on QGJ, it made zero sense to continue on with Ahsoka Tano (even though she is 5* already,) since they are both purchased the same way, and I know i can get Koth to 7 stars fairly quickly
  • Options

Just my thoughts!

Thanks for the reply. Ok, let's see... I started getting Ventress before they fixed her ability where she heals herself. I didn't have her so I didn't know that was a bug. At the time, I thought she was a DS healer. I have never used her (my own) in any battle, but i have pulled her into a few before. I knew when I started farming her she wasn't even going to be viable until I get her to 6 stars. I have all 85 shards just don't want to use the 500k to give her that 6th star. Since I was told by many that Barris needs to be dropped from my Arena team, I was wondering if I should spend that 500k to give her the 6th star (again, I have all the shards already.) I have no plans to take her or Sid to 7*. Neither are end game characters, so 6 is as far as I'm taking either of them, at least anytime soon. Anyway, which would be better Ventress, or my 4* Anakin in my lineup? It took SO long to get him, and it's gonna take forever to get his star rating up. But it's a process, an everyday process.

My plan is to make an all out Jedi A team. I have already started farming Eeth Koth. I will have him unlocked in a few days. Since I'm going all in on QGJ, it made zero sense to continue on with Ahsoka Tano (even though she is 5* already,) since they are both purchased the same way, and I know i can get Koth to 7 stars fairly quickly

I would say just finish her off to 6* then. Anakin won't be very useful at 4 stars especially since it will take a long time to get him to 6*. Right on with farming Eeeth Koth, that's the first toon I maxed out, I went for Sid after Eeth, who btw is worth maxing out as a viable back-up toon, when you got the extra credits of coarse. Good call on forgetting about Ahsoka, I was farming her until QJ came out simply because she's a Jedi. Unfortunately she's completely useless with such slow speed not to mention her leader ability is basically a worse version of Darth Maul's. If it gave all Jedi turn meter instead of just her she might work as leader.

Anyways good luck with honing your squad out!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I took first in arena this week with 7* QGJ, Lumi, Yoda, Sid, and 4* Old Ben. I'm always top 5 in Arena and thats running 4 Jedi.

I'm curious why your name is deathstalker. Feel free to dm me, that username makes me think you could be someone I might know in real life...
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and earlier, I had Yoda, Barris, and Lumi stunned. I had QGJ and Dooku not stunned. I did QGJ assist move, and Dooku didn't come to assist, which I take as QGJ called in one of the stunned toons to assist him. Has anyone else seen this or had this happen? Is that supposed to happen? It seems logical to me if 3 of 5 are stunned, and an assist move is called, the remaining unstunned character should jump in for the assist. Now is it just me who thinks it's crazy he called for the assist from a stunned squad mate?

This happens to me daily.

But if you stun the opposition(dooku) then attack him...he still counters you then goes back into his stunned state.

• Options
    Right now I'm running 5* Yoda Lead/ 7* Lum/ 7*JC/ 7* Eeth Koth and 7* Poggle. This works well against the Sid/Duku/Phasma/Daka/Kylo teams that have spread like wild fire over my server. I rarely get hit with healing immunity, plus all extra resist make my team go fairly fast for the first couple round, which are the only one that really matter. The only reason why this team works is because Yoda is a direct counter with stacking both his leader tenacity up and battle meditations. Oh and Poggle is big key, no way a F2P full Jedi team can do well on squad area... I'm doing well on offense in the squad arena but Jedi are horrible on defense. I can get down to top 50, probably further but i refuse to spend shards on squad arena. The problem is I can go from top 50 to over 200 in one day because defense is so terrible. Jedi Master Ailan is a P2P player who has a popular youtube channel with daily SWGOH videos. He is in top 5 in his server and shows in some of his recent videos that Jedi Squad doesn't work for P2P either, once again because the defense is so bad. The only way i see this improving is by making each Jedi have some sort of anti-sith passive's and fixing all the broken/useless Jedi.

Here's some key F2P Jedi character changes that are crucial and easy to fix:

- Ashoka needs way more speed, she is flat out useless. Her leader ability is also trash, it might be viable if EVERYONE got turn meter on evade, similar to Duku offence up.

- Mace Windu needs a better package (See character feedback on him, there is a lot he is still falling short with). His IA mechanics don't work either. When he finally does expose and doesn't get resisted he often doesn't even attack that character. He might be slightly usable if this got fix but even then, in no way is he a strong character.

- Ploo Koon is another badly broken character, **** all damage and has offence down move with almost no potency. Explain that one lol.

- Barris's passive doesn't work, I've never once seen her passive remove a neg status effect. She could also definitely use more damage, i'm sorry but that noodle she hits with just doesn't cut it. The ONLY real role she plays in is leader in GW, not very viable when a character has only one use.

- Jedi Knight Gardian is still way too slow and with no taunt does no ware near enough damage. Another useless Jedi

Long story short, EA has a fair amount of changes to make before making Jedi a serious force to be reckon with in Squad Arena. Simply putting Yoda in the game does not make up for all the broken and lack luster
    F2P Jedi characters. The really disappointing part is I spend all my time, efforts and in-game currency towards developing Jedi because to me Jedi is what Star Wars is all about. Only to find out that as F2P they can't seriously compete in Squad Arena. Having said all that I will still continue to work on my Jedi Roster primary in hopes that all the character flaws get fixed in the future.

Thanks if you took the time to read this rant lol.

Cheers!

Great post

There is only a couple semi viable jedi in the entire game...imo.

Cause defense is brutal...theybare succeptable to all attacks from every class of character and they excell against none
  • Options
    QGJ(L)
    Anakin
    Lumi
    Yoda
    Sid
    Is my team 7* max geared. I'll switch out Sid for Ahsoka when she gets buffed because it's bound to happen
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »
    Jedi's are far from weak. Without Jedi you just can't get far into GW which is a large part of the game. Even in Arena, at least most of the top 10 players in my server use QGJ as leader.

Actually Jedi is the strongest class (excluding the functional classes i.e. attacker/tank/healer/support) in this game. Just think about any team of 5 toons from the same class, Jedi team can beat all the others, even the Sith team.

I agree with this. Best 5 Jedi would beat best 5 of anything with the possible exceptions of droids.

A resistance team though is interesting with Poe and Rey and a pilot. But probably doesn't do enough damage to survive the fact that they have no healing.

@Predian

They can destroy droids too with Eeth Koth.
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@Predian

Ima Gun Di is even worse, he does 100% damage to droids (just like Maul)

They can destroy a team of 5/droids because a team of only droids suck. "Droid teams" use 3 droids. Just like FO teams use mostly Phasma, FOTP and Kylo, sometimes FOO, but round the team with Poe or Poggle or Dooku or daka.... But for whstever reason, Jedi fans believe Jedi should be entitled to work with only 5 jedi, have no weakness, and kill everything.

Just like Droids round their teams with Poggle or Geo or Poe, Jedi need to round their team using Rey or some other 1HKO dude that kills Sid for them. Big deal. Farm her and move on.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

@Predian

Ima Gun Di is even worse, he does 100% damage to droids (just like Maul)

They can destroy a team of 5/droids because a team of only droids suck. "Droid teams" use 3 droids. Just like FO teams use mostly Phasma, FOTP and Kylo, sometimes FOO, but round the team with Poe or Poggle or Dooku or daka.... But for whstever reason, Jedi fans believe Jedi should be entitled to work with only 5 jedi, have no weakness, and kill everything.

Just like Droids round their teams with Poggle or Geo or Poe, Jedi need to round their team using Rey or some other 1HKO dude that kills Sid for them. Big deal. Farm her and move on.

Because they are jedi.

The only thing that should beat jedi on equal footing 50% of the time is sith.

That is star wars.

Gs...clones...droids...all these are useless compared to them.

As vader said.
    "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force"
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Options
    The issue is really that there are so many anti-jedi characters, i.e. people who deal specifically more damage to jedi. When you know that taking a jedi into a battle against Dooku means that your jedi won't be involved in the first round (possibly no rounds at all, given that his basic stuns jedis reliably as well), then there's no point carrying any jedi.
  • Options
    to add the only droid to ever really defeat jedi was General Grevious....so without him Droids should be much behind the sith and Jedi.

Also, the only way the clones ever defeated jedi was from turning on them due to order 66. So that would be a fun addition for sith if fighting against teams with Jedi and cliones that would either prevent the clones from attacking or would make the clones hurt their own jedi teammates when they attack.
  • Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    QGJ(L)
    Anakin
    Lumi
    Yoda
    Sid
    Is my team 7* max geared. I'll switch out Sid for Ahsoka when she gets buffed because it's bound to happen

This is the team I am going to build up to.

Right now I have a gear 8, 7*, 5 ability JC in place of Yoda and I am working on my 5* mace gear 8, ability 4...then I will farm Anakin.

Anakin, from what I see, is a super hard farm.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi aren't necessarily weak if you look at the big picture. QGJ, Lumi and Yoda are all viable for top tier arena. JC and Barriss are very useful in GW and other aspects of the game. Some of the jedi are fairly weak. Mace and Anakin are certainly two of those weaker than they should be.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Liam, Barris, Lumi, yoda, anakin, aayla, kit are all viable for regular use in top tier teams. Ima and Eeth are viable for part time use in top tier teams. JC and Ashoka are viable in GW. Mace and Plo are the only really bad Jedi. As a group that's pretty good.
  • Options
    They all died in the series for a reason
  • Options
    Mega - agree with everything you are saying

I think that all they need to do is just fix the stat boosts for the next gear levels when they put them in to fix everything

And most Jedi just need a slightly harder hit and higher potency and whatever star boosts their evade ability

On another note I was surprised with Eeth and I only have him at 6 stars and abilities at 6 as well - his stun seems to work a lot and his normal hit is 3-4K and has been critting for 5-6K
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's your problem that you use a Jedi team to beat an anti-Jedi line-up.. You would do better vs Dooku with a stunner and a high DPS... do we have this char? Yeah.. it's Cat Bane
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    make jedi great again.
  • zinho
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Just because Jedi ARE weak in reality !!
    pretty much all jedis weke killed by handguns on the first 3 movies.
    Then Maul killed easily QGJ, and actually fought 2 jedis. Dooku fought Yoda, anakin and obi wan and beat them all.
    So yeah ... Jedis are a joke ...
    Long live the SITH !!
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Since reading about the Yoda event, I stopped farming anyone not a Jedi, and have grown my team as so.

My current A team

7* Lumi, 5 *Barris, 5* QGJ, 5* Yoda, and (depending on the match) 5* Dooku or 6* Sid

My issue is that now that I am rocking a mainly Jedi team, my team has dropped in the arena, and I STILL can't beat GW anymore.

Anyway, there are a LOT of toons that are set up to inflict MAJOR damage to my Jedi squad. Every hit is either stunning or ability blocking me. Is there ANY recourse to this? Currently, I use my Barris as leader for the amazing heal buffs at the start of each turn. But there again, when they are being stunned or ability blocked, I'm toast. Would putting QGJ as my leader be better than Barris?

There is a reason there aren't many Jedi teams. There are some real anti Jedi measures. While none of my Jedi have any special abilities against other toons. Not complaining, I'm just asking what I should/can do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

There's nothing weak about Jedi's, a better set up would be

Ima gun 35% counter to all jedi +30 defence
    Kit fisto 35% counter +35% from gun di + bonus attack chance
    Secura 65% counter +35% from gun di + bonus attack chance
    Obi wan ability block offense up evasion up + 35% counter from gun di
    Lumi powerful healer ability block evasion chance +35% counter from gun di

these toons all have even more abilities and advantages than I'm listing, all have powerful attacks.

I really can't understand why any would say Jedi's are under powered, even without the ones I have listed, all of them have several abilities that can be used to your advantage.
  • Options
    Try an all Nightsisters squad. It tears apart quads. I love my team!
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Right now I'm running 5* Yoda Lead/ 7* Lum/ 7*JC/ 7* Eeth Koth and 7* Poggle. This works well against the Sid/Duku/Phasma/Daka/Kylo teams that have spread like wild fire over my server. I rarely get hit with healing immunity, plus all extra resist make my team go fairly fast for the first couple round, which are the only one that really matter. The only reason why this team works is because Yoda is a direct counter with stacking both his leader tenacity up and battle meditations. Oh and Poggle is big key, no way a F2P full Jedi team can do well on squad area... I'm doing well on offense in the squad arena but Jedi are horrible on defense. I can get down to top 50, probably further but i refuse to spend shards on squad arena. The problem is I can go from top 50 to over 200 in one day because defense is so terrible. Jedi Master Ailan is a P2P player who has a popular youtube channel with daily SWGOH videos. He is in top 5 in his server and shows in some of his recent videos that Jedi Squad doesn't work for P2P either, once again because the defense is so bad. The only way i see this improving is by making each Jedi have some sort of anti-sith passive's and fixing all the broken/useless Jedi.

Here's some key F2P Jedi character changes that are crucial and easy to fix:

- Ashoka needs way more speed, she is flat out useless. Her leader ability is also trash, it might be viable if EVERYONE got turn meter on evade, similar to Duku offence up.

- Mace Windu needs a better package (See character feedback on him, there is a lot he is still falling short with). His IA mechanics don't work either. When he finally does expose and doesn't get resisted he often doesn't even attack that character. He might be slightly usable if this got fix but even then, in no way is he a strong character.

- Ploo Koon is another badly broken character, **** all damage and has offence down move with almost no potency. Explain that one lol.

- Barris's passive doesn't work, I've never once seen her passive remove a neg status effect. She could also definitely use more damage, i'm sorry but that noodle she hits with just doesn't cut it. The ONLY real role she plays in is leader in GW, not very viable when a character has only one use.

- Jedi Knight Gardian is still way too slow and with no taunt does no ware near enough damage. Another useless Jedi

Long story short, EA has a fair amount of changes to make before making Jedi a serious force to be reckon with in Squad Arena. Simply putting Yoda in the game does not make up for all the broken and lack luster
    F2P Jedi characters. The really disappointing part is I spend all my time, efforts and in-game currency towards developing Jedi because to me Jedi is what Star Wars is all about. Only to find out that as F2P they can't seriously compete in Squad Arena. Having said all that I will still continue to work on my Jedi Roster primary in hopes that all the character flaws get fixed in the future.

Thanks if you took the time to read this rant lol.

Cheers!

Megadeth this is a sweet thread with explanations and fixes. Sincerely hoping someone notices and implements these changes. Barriss, Mace, Ahsoka would be so much more fun with these changes. And they still wouldn't be as OP as GS.