Why are Jedi so weak

13Next

Replies

• Options
    123 wrote: »
    Since reading about the Yoda event, I stopped farming anyone not a Jedi, and have grown my team as so.

My current A team

7* Lumi, 5 *Barris, 5* QGJ, 5* Yoda, and (depending on the match) 5* Dooku or 6* Sid

My issue is that now that I am rocking a mainly Jedi team, my team has dropped in the arena, and I STILL can't beat GW anymore.

Anyway, there are a LOT of toons that are set up to inflict MAJOR damage to my Jedi squad. Every hit is either stunning or ability blocking me. Is there ANY recourse to this? Currently, I use my Barris as leader for the amazing heal buffs at the start of each turn. But there again, when they are being stunned or ability blocked, I'm toast. Would putting QGJ as my leader be better than Barris?

There is a reason there aren't many Jedi teams. There are some real anti Jedi measures. While none of my Jedi have any special abilities against other toons. Not complaining, I'm just asking what I should/can do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

There's nothing weak about Jedi's, a better set up would be

Ima gun 35% counter to all jedi +30 defence
    Kit fisto 35% counter +35% from gun di + bonus attack chance
    Secura 65% counter +35% from gun di + bonus attack chance
    Obi wan ability block offense up evasion up + 35% counter from gun di
    Lumi powerful healer ability block evasion chance +35% counter from gun di

these toons all have even more abilities and advantages than I'm listing, all have powerful attacks.

I really can't understand why any would say Jedi's are under powered, even without the ones I have listed, all of them have several abilities that can be used to your advantage.

team would be fine if you had 6 or 7K to spend
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    As this post was originally a while ago, I have made some changes to my lineup. Currently I on arena I am running:

6*QGJ (lead)
    7*Lumi
    6*IG86
    6*Ventress
    6*Sid

I know running QGJ as my lead with only 2 Jedi isn't ideal, but it's very important to me to be able to take out someone before they even move. With QGJ leader ability and his assist move, I can take out one before they move 90% of the time. ESPECIALLY if he calls IG86 for the assist.

My Anakin is half way to 5*. When he gets to 6* he will be added to my A team, on all fronts. But currently I am concentrating on my getting Biggs, everywhere I can. I unlocked him on Monday and I will have him to 6* and added in place of Ventress or Sid in 2 or 3 days. My next GW purchase will be getting Tuskan Raider. I am thinking of an arena team of all assist guys, + Lumi. GS will be my next cantina farm. Then I will have QGJ, IG86, Biggs, Tuskan Raider, and GS as my arena team.

And to whoever suggested the Nightsister team, I seek those girls out. If I ever see a NS team, I DESTROY them with my current arena team (listed above.)

I still say all Jedi are seriously undervalued in this game. To whoever said no Droids ever faced a Jedi but Grevious, have you ever watched any of the Star Wars movies or series? On any given movie or even episode of the Clone Wars (where 95% of these characters are introduced on film,) it's not uncommon for a single Jedi to take out a battalion of battle droids, but i guess those don't count. Any Jedi who can't take out a Battle droid or GS with one stroke of their lights amber is SEVERELY misrepresented.

And one last comment, Count Dooku never beat Yoda. Perhaps only in his mind did he win that fight. Why in the world do you say he won that fight? Because he lived? Um, ok...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Predian wrote: »
    Jedi's are far from weak. Without Jedi you just can't get far into GW which is a large part of the game. Even in Arena, at least most of the top 10 players in my server use QGJ as leader.

Actually Jedi is the strongest class (excluding the functional classes i.e. attacker/tank/healer/support) in this game. Just think about any team of 5 toons from the same class, Jedi team can beat all the others, even the Sith team.

I agree with this. Best 5 Jedi would beat best 5 of anything with the possible exceptions of droids.

A resistance team though is interesting with Poe and Rey and a pilot. But probably doesn't do enough damage to survive the fact that they have no healing.

@Predian

They can destroy droids too with Eeth Koth.
    Ima Gun Di is even worse, he does 100% damage to droids (just like Maul)

They can destroy a team of 5/droids because a team of only droids suck. "Droid teams" use 3 droids. Just like FO teams use mostly Phasma, FOTP and Kylo, sometimes FOO, but round the team with Poe or Poggle or Dooku or daka.... But for whstever reason, Jedi fans believe Jedi should be entitled to work with only 5 jedi, have no weakness, and kill everything.

Just like Droids round their teams with Poggle or Geo or Poe, Jedi need to round their team using Rey or some other 1HKO dude that kills Sid for them. Big deal. Farm her and move on.

Because they are jedi.

The only thing that should beat jedi on equal footing 50% of the time is sith.

That is star wars.

Gs...clones...droids...all these are useless compared to them.

As vader said.
    "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force"

I would not play, or spend .money, in a game like you have described. I do both with this game. Fortunately CG does not follow that route of making everything non jedi irrelevant
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    to add the only droid to ever really defeat jedi was General Grevious....so without him Droids should be much behind the sith and Jedi.

Also, the only way the clones ever defeated jedi was from turning on them due to order 66. So that would be a fun addition for sith if fighting against teams with Jedi and cliones that would either prevent the clones from attacking or would make the clones hurt their own jedi teammates when they attack.

You are right, if close to the lore a pair of 2 Jedi could beat 300 clones, droids or Scoundrels. Fortunately, in CG have some clue about the importance of balance, and Jedi are on ewual footing tonthe rest of characters, or no faction would matter beside Jedi and Sith, and no one would spend s dime trying to build droids, Rebels, Resistance, night sisters, etc.

The force guides the devs
  • Options
    Jedi's are far from weak. Without Jedi you just can't get far into GW which is a large part of the game. Even in Arena, at least most of the top 10 players in my server use QGJ as leader.

Actually Jedi is the strongest class (excluding the functional classes i.e. attacker/tank/healer/support) in this game. Just think about any team of 5 toons from the same class, Jedi team can beat all the others, even the Sith team.

Jedi are not strong at all in this game. Of the 14 or so jedi, only about 3-5 of them are useable. Most are either weak or their kit is useless or pointless or just not effective.

I think the op is trying to say that it seems strange that so many characters have abilities that directly target jedi and mess them up bad too, but no jedi game any special ability similar to this or to possibly counter this.

With some of these anti jedi characters being so prominent in arena and GW it makes even running the strong jedi a liability sometimes, especially if you try to run more than 2 jedi on a team.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Jedi are not strong at all in this game. Of the 14 or so jedi, only about 3-5 of them are useable.
    Including GW, where Barris and JC and not just "usable", but all-stars, I would day that:
    Qi Gon Jinn
    Yoda
    Anakin
    luminara
    Old Ben,
    Ayla Secura
    Ima Gun Di
    Barris
    Jedi Consular
    Kit Fisto

Are more than " usable". If by usable you mean "top 8 chars in the game" then no, the 14 Jedi are not top8. For obvious and mathematical reasons.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

I think the op is trying to say that it seems strange that so many characters have abilities that directly target jedi and mess them up bad too, but no jedi game any special ability similar to this or to possibly counter this.
    Ima Gun Di destroys Droids, Eeth Koth also has anti droid skills, and Yoda literally crushes everything that can be resisted, like Dooku's Stun or Sid's healing inmunity.
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »

I agree with this. Best 5 Jedi would beat best 5 of anything with the possible exceptions of droids.

A resistance team though is interesting with Poe and Rey and a pilot. But probably doesn't do enough damage to survive the fact that they have no healing.

@Predian

They can destroy droids too with Eeth Koth.
    Ima Gun Di is even worse, he does 100% damage to droids (just like Maul)

They can destroy a team of 5/droids because a team of only droids suck. "Droid teams" use 3 droids. Just like FO teams use mostly Phasma, FOTP and Kylo, sometimes FOO, but round the team with Poe or Poggle or Dooku or daka.... But for whstever reason, Jedi fans believe Jedi should be entitled to work with only 5 jedi, have no weakness, and kill everything.

Just like Droids round their teams with Poggle or Geo or Poe, Jedi need to round their team using Rey or some other 1HKO dude that kills Sid for them. Big deal. Farm her and move on.

Because they are jedi.

The only thing that should beat jedi on equal footing 50% of the time is sith.

That is star wars.

Gs...clones...droids...all these are useless compared to them.

As vader said.
    "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force"

I would not play, or spend .money, in a game like you have described. I do both with this game. Fortunately CG does not follow that route of making everything non jedi irrelevant

they should be and need to be though, and not just less relevant that Jedi, less relevant than the sith as well.

And Grievous.

Clones and Droids are pretty much useless against sith and Jedi...that is fact.

they can be usefull in other ways...but in no way should a droid ever be able to 1 shot kill a sith or a jedi, nor should a clone....give your head a shake, this is a star wars game not a terminator one,

• Options

Ima Gun Di destroys Droids, Eeth Koth also has anti droid skills, and Yoda literally crushes everything that can be resisted, like Dooku's Stun or Sid's healing inmunity.

If eeth can get a turn he can lay a hurt on a droid...he certainly cannot 1 hit kill them though, so chances are an IG88 is getting a shot off and can kill eeth with that 1 shot....

• Options
    to add the only droid to ever really defeat jedi was General Grevious....so without him Droids should be much behind the sith and Jedi.

Also, the only way the clones ever defeated jedi was from turning on them due to order 66. So that would be a fun addition for sith if fighting against teams with Jedi and cliones that would either prevent the clones from attacking or would make the clones hurt their own jedi teammates when they attack.

You are right, if close to the lore a pair of 2 Jedi could beat 300 clones, droids or Scoundrels. Fortunately, in CG have some clue about the importance of balance, and Jedi are on ewual footing tonthe rest of characters, or no faction would matter beside Jedi and Sith, and no one would spend s dime trying to build droids, Rebels, Resistance, night sisters, etc.

The force guides the devs

the best toons can still have money made off them...namely the sith and the jedi...like they do now.

And there are other ways around making things more creative and usefull.

Like darth sidious and order 66 making clones far more valuable to his teams...or turning them against a team consisting of Jedi and Clones.

Then you have grievous who can make the droids more viable and destructive

Then there is Cad Bane who has killed Jedi. and could kill sith.

I get that its a game, and that EA wants to make as much money as possible, but it really strays so far from the mythos of star wars.