I think it is time to retire the rancor raid!

12346Next

Replies

• Anonymousjedis
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Make another rancor level. Remove the ability to reduce turn meter for phases 2-4. Include a chance for zetas.
  • Options
    Rancor needs to remain but I do think an added extra difficulty tier to both Rancor and AAT would bring some new life into the game. Add a Mythic level difficulty to both for guilds that are way past Heroic.
  • Options
    cadwane wrote: »

There are far more current players than new players. What about them?

What is your source on that? I can show you some articles showing there are around 300,000 new players each month on average.

What do you mean by current?, 2 year + players?

I have several in my guild and literally everyone new to old looks forward to rancor raid and rewards in every guild I've been in.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate changes to the rancour raid.

To be honest a 50 person team activity is pointless once a single person can easily solo it using a single team.

That said there are a lot of new and existing players without this capability.

If you came up with Mythic tier Rancour raid.

Just to ballpark 40 times the hp and 4 times the attack and 4 times the tenacity an extra 150 speed or so. The tenacity will give it some resistance against the turn meter manipulation that's so common in teams that solo the rancour raid.

Give it half the raid Han shards drop and put in a new top tier character with a similar rate of drops, double the value of the gear drops.

Then do something similar for the tank raid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I see no reason to remove old content, it serves a purpose. If you don't feel it does and you don't want to do it any more then don't.

Making it easy, or auto able through new toons or abilities is what is supposed to happen to mid game content. This way you are not dragging through it when focused on the new or end game content.

It's hard to see the first steps from the top of the stairs, but many players still need it to develop. It drops gear and han shards. Even if you have han but have not been around for over a year, it's an important source of gear. It's also free gear, yes you can buy it but when you get it for free it helps.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I have no idea how long you've played but rancor is not fun for anyone any more. It's the same thing over and over again on auto for anyone who owns CLS.

Stop presuming to speak for everybody. I enjoy Rancor. I don't even auto it unless I'm busy. I run it manually because I like it.
  • Options
    What are these percentages of the player base that are being thrown around? How does anyone know what percentage of the player base needs raid Han yet or is too advanced to even bother with rancor. These are all just silly made up numbers you are all throwing around. Obviously the OP thinks they are in the majority but I highly doubt that is true. Even if it was true for most of the people on the boards, that isn't even a good representation of the player base as a whole. Just stop.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • Options
    Why not just add a tier to the raid that includes better gear/ drops/ zetas/ ect? Or rework the top prize so that anyone with the top score gets a better prize box with the above?
  • Options
    K_Ley2 wrote: »
    Why not just add a tier to the raid that includes better gear/ drops/ zetas/ ect? Or rework the top prize so that anyone with the top score gets a better prize box with the above?

I think the devs had pretty much said that wont happen.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I see no reason to remove old content, it serves a purpose. If you don't feel it does and you don't want to do it any more then don't.

This should be pinned to the top of the forum, for all the times I see selfish people asking for content to be removed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    This might come as a complete shock to you OP, but there players other than you in the game some of which may have just recently started playing. There is no reason to retire old content because it will be new for some players.
    The rancor is the short hurdle into raiding and it feels good when you can visually see your score getting better and better until you finally solo it. Then you move onto HAAT.
    Saying you want the raid retired because YOU have been soloing it for so long is the definition of being selfish and you need to get off your high horse and look at this from others point of views.
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    No. This thread comes up every now and then but it always feels selfish when it does.

The Rancor raid is one step in the process for EVERY player.

If there's no point then don't do it but there would be a lot of players/guilds who still benefit from it and why should they miss out on it because longtime players see "no point"?

Well sounds selfish on your end too. Why put raid gear behind a repetitive mode that has lost its value for older players and has become a grind?

Also if you have any idea of how games work then you would know that if you start a game 2 years late then you will miss content.

I also suggested to make it a monthly event so that all future and old players have the opportunity to experience the raid every month. I suggested they remove TM removal to make it more challenging but that could only be for the last tier which would be for guilds over 80 million.

The vast majority of the player base has played long enough to where rancor is a grind. The percentage of new players who want to experience it is too small and again, they will be able to do it once a month

Not sure how it's selfish on my end, seems like you're just throwing the word back without any sense of logic because I dared to say it first. That's pretty petty.

I also solo/auto Rancor and have been doing it for some time. I'm in the exact same situation as you are where there's not alot of point for me.

However, unlike you I don't have the "it's no longer relevant to me therefore get rid of it" attitude.

The Rancor is a rung on the ladder for a lot of players. If you remove too many rungs they hit a wall and end up quiting.

Your argument about raid gear is also misplaced. As an end game player you would earn far more rewards in TB, shard shop, fleet/arena etc to get gear that is now cheaper than ever to acquire that newer players wouldn't have the luxury of accessing. Again, Rancor fills that rung on the ladder of progression.

And finally, it's funny how you use the condescending "if you knew how a game works" line when if you knew how a game works you would know that a games longevity is about recycling and replenishing the player base over time as older players drop off. To say the percentage of players who want to do Rancor is too small to justify it is just flat out wrong.

This guy gets it. I want to point out OP that you don't have a clue what the word selfish means. You say he's selfish because he wants to keep something in the game for others to enjoy and your comeback at him is to say it's just a stupid grind for US older players.
    Just stop, you're making yourself look foolish.
  • JMATTYFLY
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Cadwane is a snowflake lol
  • Options
    Terrible idea. Period. If you don’t like it, don’t do it. No reason to take it away for other players.
  • Options
    Why not just have fun with it at this point if it serves no purpose to you? Stop autoing with CLS and use some.of your crappier toons. Have fun experimenting and using some characters that never see the light of day.

Plenty of people still get use out of the pit.
  • Options
    Right. 'Cause every single player has played the game for at least a year right? There are zero new players who just recently started the game right? And everyone even new players already has CLS right??
  • Options
    Yea I agree that is selfish you need to just Solo it like you say you can get your rewards of a bunch of free stuff and walk and stop complaining about getting free stuff.

What are you even talking about? Who asked for "free stuff"? Are you some type of old school anti liberal with your "stop asking for free stuff" overused quote?

I have no idea how long you've played but rancor is not fun for anyone any more. It's the same thing over and over again on auto for anyone who owns CLS. And there ar about to be many people who own him very soon

I disagree. I've been playing less than 6 months, and I find rancor fun... More so than tank.
  • Options
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should disappear altogether. People need those Han shards. I get you probably have him at 7* already but for those of us who don't have him already, being able to get his shards whenever you have the tickets is really nice. If you don't like it, don't participate; don't start asking for it to be taken from everyone just because you don't like it.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Face it @cadwane your idea is , well, not really a good one. As pointed out many times, removing the rancor and turning it into a once a month event is , well, slightly poorly thought out. Since you are OBVIOUSLY a highly skilled and developed player, your attention should be on Haat , or the LS and DS TB, those are where end game players focus their attention nowadays.

Removing a guild event earned via raid tickets, which has been an integral part of every players road from level one to level 85, makes about as much sense and walking off a cliff without a parachute or bungee cord.

So I'm assuming you enjoy every 2 days setting cls and han on auto and walking away for 10 minutes and that's it. Instead of a new raid?

Assume what you will, if you wish to be technical, I zero tag half the Rancors we run, and the other half I solo, and frankly whether I use my empire sans CLS , or a CLS comp, does not make one bit of difference.

Your complaint over a raid that was designed to be tackled several level caps ago and several more gear caps ago is frankly silly. Once you have developed your roster, in WHICHEVER fashion to be able to handle the rancor with ease, that should be considered an accomplishment, however you seem to portray it as a detriment, I think you have forgotten that the rancor is NOT A END GAME RAID. Of course lol, as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, if it's too easy and your bored, why don't you start a new account and then everything will be fun and challenging again.

That's not an argument, "just start a new account". If rancor wasn't end game raid then it wouldn't pay end game gear and end game currency.

Rancor won't be gone for good, it will still remain something that players need to work on

rancor gear is end game gear???

Yes of course is is.

Umm, right, mebbe if you are stopping at gear nine or ten.
  • Options
    Face it @cadwane your idea is , well, not really a good one. As pointed out many times, removing the rancor and turning it into a once a month event is , well, slightly poorly thought out. Since you are OBVIOUSLY a highly skilled and developed player, your attention should be on Haat , or the LS and DS TB, those are where end game players focus their attention nowadays.

Removing a guild event earned via raid tickets, which has been an integral part of every players road from level one to level 85, makes about as much sense and walking off a cliff without a parachute or bungee cord.

So I'm assuming you enjoy every 2 days setting cls and han on auto and walking away for 10 minutes and that's it. Instead of a new raid?

Assume what you will, if you wish to be technical, I zero tag half the Rancors we run, and the other half I solo, and frankly whether I use my empire sans CLS , or a CLS comp, does not make one bit of difference.

Your complaint over a raid that was designed to be tackled several level caps ago and several more gear caps ago is frankly silly. Once you have developed your roster, in WHICHEVER fashion to be able to handle the rancor with ease, that should be considered an accomplishment, however you seem to portray it as a detriment, I think you have forgotten that the rancor is NOT A END GAME RAID. Of course lol, as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, if it's too easy and your bored, why don't you start a new account and then everything will be fun and challenging again.

That's not an argument, "just start a new account". If rancor wasn't end game raid then it wouldn't pay end game gear and end game currency.

Rancor won't be gone for good, it will still remain something that players need to work on

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

Guild event shop gear is endgame gear not rancor gear.
    Not even close to end game gear.

You guys are basically acting like lawyers at a court. Willing to twist reality. Obviously raid gear will always be end game gear cause you need it to get past a certain level. Even if you somehow had every single character to gear 11 you still need pieces from rancor to get to 12 and every time a new toon comes to the game you still have tp through all 11 levels. Your denial is really insane

If thats the case then all gear is endgame gear cause you cant get past each gear lvl with out all gear.
  • Options

You know you are appearing to deliberately be obtuse right?
  • Options
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should disappear altogether. People need those Han shards. I get you probably have him at 7* already but for those of us who don't have him already, being able to get his shards whenever you have the tickets is really nice. If you don't like it, don't participate; don't start asking for it to be taken from everyone just because you don't like it.

Except i never said it would disappear. You just didn't bother to read the post. Also the new raid would give raid han shards so your entire arguement is not even real. God luck jumping on the hate wagon
  • Options

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

Guild event shop gear is endgame gear not rancor gear.
    Not even close to end game gear.

You guys are basically acting like lawyers at a court. Willing to twist reality. Obviously raid gear will always be end game gear cause you need it to get past a certain level. Even if you somehow had every single character to gear 11 you still need pieces from rancor to get to 12 and every time a new toon comes to the game you still have tp through all 11 levels. Your denial is really insane

If thats the case then all gear is endgame gear cause you cant get past each gear lvl with out all gear.

All gear is useful, you can at least admit that
  • Options
    Right. 'Cause every single player has played the game for at least a year right? There are zero new players who just recently started the game right? And everyone even new players already has CLS right??

If you start a game 2 years after launch then obviously you can't have the expectations of having all content at your feet. If that's your argument then why don't you demand markee events to come back for Nihilus, assasin, trooper, ahsoka, ewoks, talzin veterans. Those who didn't play back then missed them didn't they?