W/ Royal Guard update will anyone try a pure stun team?

Prev1
Will anyone be trying a team of all stun character in Squad Arena? They are fixing Asajj and making Royal Guard a beast tank that stuns

If I saw a team of Daka, Dooku, Royal Guard, Luke Skywalker, and Asajj I think I would pass and fight someone else. You might keep your rank just for being annoying, lol.

Replies

• somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So people invest into highly obtainable characters and strategy: high speed team: QGJ, Rey, Anikin, all hard nodes. Then, they release this, another game changer. Now, all the slow characters viable again.
    Back and forth with these guys: Poe, un-Poe, now another Poe again.
    Post edited by somegame8861 on
  • Options
    That he sucks?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    But he's the red crayola! Seriously, it's not like this game really requires skill, it's a collection game. Of course starting your collection off right can lead to quicker collecting moving forward.
  • Options
    I like him, he looks great!

And I actually ... really use him at times in the GW, he saved my day a few times there.

I think we should make an award to the first player who reaches Arena top-10 (or top-1) with him on the roster (or Ugnaught for that matter).
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I could make it to top 10 with Royal Guard the same day I came out. Not a problem. :) those skills are nice.
  • Options
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I suppose non enough said. What looks from new meta is that he is OP.
    Post edited by somegame8861 on
  • somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It looks another game changer. Poe made slow teams viable. Now it is back to the old business. Congrats to all F2Ps. Just get this guy and all your GW and Arena attackers can do business again.
    Rey, Anikin are back to junk mode.
    That's third time they change meta in a month, not without profit, I must say.
  • Options
    Royal Guard is very slow to star up, only 2 Hard mode nodes per day for shards. Also beyond Tier 6 he is very hard to gear up. I have a level 60 4* Tier 6 Royal Guard and I never bothered trying to get him to Tier 7 or level 70 because it requires too many resources.

Requirements for Tier 7

20 Purple Mk VI Biotech Implants
    20 Purple MK III Sienar Holo Projectors
    20 Purple MK IV Sorosuub Keypad

I don't even wanna think about the requirements for Tier 8.
  • Options
    He may be joining my daka and dooku, so atleast 3/5 yes
  • Options
    I would toss Luke for GS, so full stun every other turn :P
  • Options
    Sounds like @Qeltar
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    If it was easier to get characters I would. I relllly want to try Aayla in a squad, but that's not happening any time soon. I have 20 shards for her from bad decisions and that's not going anywhere for a good while.

I'd love to try QGJ Aayla Daka Dooku Royal Guard

• Options
    if/when we see Royal Guard become the go to character, will this make GW impossible.

Good chance with his new taunt ability that you will take out one or fewer of the dps characters in the first round. Now first hit you take a big hitters, kill him or take him under %50, ERG taunts, you have to hit him and try and beat him down (unless the timing works perfectly and you have QGJ up next every time).

And it's a unique skill so there is no cool down, meaning you can't even put in a joke suicide squad to get rid of him. It has to be a squad that can actually kill him.

If I faced him on every level (I start hitting max squads around stage 3-5) I doubt I make it to stage 9

Any thoughts?
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    No. It'll be fine.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    These boards are getting so ridiculous. Yes, f'ing Royal Guard is going to break GW. Give me a break. I have a lot of complaints about the devs, but I have to give them credit for dealing with this ridiculous fanbase. Nonstop complaints about everything.
  • Options
    Noci wrote: »
    These boards are getting so ridiculous. Yes, f'ing Royal Guard is going to break GW. Give me a break. I have a lot of complaints about the devs, but I have to give them credit for dealing with this ridiculous fanbase. Nonstop complaints about everything.

Someone needs to get laid
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Only 2 hard battles to farm shards

60 purple pieces of gear to get him from Tier 6 to Tier 7 alone.

Not many people will have a formidable version of the Royal Guard for a long time.
  • Options

Not many people will have a formidable version of the Royal Guard for a long time.

This.
  • Options
    Are they adding the RG to the cantina or anything? Pretty long farm in it's current state... although mine is already 5* somehow.
  • Options

And I think 60 more to get 7-8. 40 stars and 20 thumbtacks. Maybe more, I forget. And 90 for gear 8 not counting the 2 slots you need over lv 70 for. But to be fair, 50 of the 90 are the walkie talkies you should have plenty of from str challenge.
  • Options

Yea, by the time he starts making an appearance, everyone should have an A team, B team, suicides squads etc.
  • Options
    If you have the bad luck of running into a whale team in GW...he will be a real pain. His health at 7* is far and away the highest. If you have aoe toons, and see him, bust them out
  • Options
    Time to add Asajj to your squad in addition to QGJ
  • Options
    I actually made a thread about it earlier: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15211/thinking-of-making-a-stun-team-with-new-update#latest
    But I was thinking
    RG
    Daka
    Aayla
    CUP
    Savage
  • Options
    Tmac wrote: »
    Will anyone be trying a team of all stun character in Squad Arena? They are fixing Asajj and making Royal Guard a beast tank that stuns

If I saw a team of Daka, Dooku, Royal Guard, Luke Skywalker, and Asajj I think I would pass and fight someone else. You might keep your rank just for being annoying, lol.

I'll reserve judgement on "beast" status. He has been underwhelming so far, and I do not think he will surpass Poe for best beast tank. We shall see.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Ppl think everything is gonna break something smh. There is literally nothing the devs can do that wont make everyone cry non stop. I feel so bad for them.

Devs couod give each of us 1,000 crystals and i guarantee withing 1 day there would be 5+ dif posts all crying about it in some way smh

Just pitiful
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Ppl think everything is gonna break something smh. There is literally nothing the devs can do that wont make everyone cry non stop. I feel so bad for them.

Devs couod give each of us 1,000 crystals and i guarantee withing 1 day there would be 5+ dif posts all crying about it in some way smh

Just pitiful

Lets put that theory to the test
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options

Screenshot_2016_02_22_15_11_33.png
    My body is ready.
  • Options
    He will become relevant again, but it wont "break" GW. I understand the struggle people have with GW, but when you actually put time and thought into it, you can fully clear it every day. The royal guard has very obvious counters that I am sure everyone will figure out quickly.