Rancor Ranking Spankings

Prev13
There definitely needs to be some standard as to how Rankings are determined in raids, I mean how is it when over half my guild can solo and i have a Higher GP and finish first that i get ranked 3rd, 8th, 5th, 11th, etc..its really a smack in the face after pushing so hard to build my collection of toons to have it really not mean anything when you solo and rank right above the guy with 0 damage who missed the raid completely because its just a random lottery. Ranking ties should be determined by who finishes 1st and/or GP. This along with a new additional raid needs to be addressed as priority and I guarantee that you will be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees, speaking for the entire swgoh community on this one. Mickey Mic drop*

Like this.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Who finishes first just encourages people to break raid rules, so I am very very very much against that.

And GP means that the same person wins each time, which is exactly what the randomization fixed, so I am very much against that too.

I am perfectly fine with randomization. So, no, you are not speaking for "the entire swgoh community."
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I bet when you are no longer top 3 gp in your guild you will then complain about why ties in raid shouldn’t be determined by amount of gp someone has and it should be broken by some other random variable you can find to make you top 3 again. Basically if you are not ranked high, it’s not fair to you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Random is fine. It's much better than it was before and is better than by GP. There are ways that would be better than random but I would put a this type of change pretty far down my improvement request list.
  • Options
    I dislike all of your suggestions.

Whoever finishes first would encourage people to hurry up and down the raid before anyone else gets to go... this is a group raid meant to power up your whole guild.

Going by GP means the guy who is the farthest along (and hence needs the gear the least) would always get the top rewards... even if he's 7*ed his Han and others in the guild haven't.

The random rank assignment in ties is the best solution for guilds as a group. Everyone was very happy when they switched it to this instead of by player id like it used to be so you definitely represent a minor portion of the swgoh community. The majority applauded when it became this way.
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Who finishes first just encourages people to break raid rules, so I am very very very much against that.

And GP means that the same person wins each time, which is exactly what the randomization fixed, so I am very much against that too.

I am perfectly fine with randomization. So, no, you are not speaking for "the entire swgoh community."

Your probably only first due to randomness with that type of talk because anyone who finishes first or builds their Toons to a higher level will not agree with that at all dude, what sense does it make that I develop my characters and Toons to be last when you schmooze by due to a random 0101 . No thanks you work hard and develop your gameplay like everyone else, and if your guild mates are so low-life that they cheat that readily you need to find a new guild bud.
  • Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »

Your probably only first due to randomness with that type of talk because anyone who finishes first or builds their Toons to a higher level will not agree with that at all dude, what sense does it make that I develop my characters and Toons to be last when you schmooze by due to a random 0101 . No thanks you work hard and develop your gameplay like everyone else, and if your guild mates are so low-life that they cheat that readily you need to find a new guild bud.

Sorry, but you are very wrong. The community has already spoken on this issue... they like it random better.
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    I bet when you are no longer top 3 gp in your guild you will then **** about why ties in raid shouldn’t be determined by amount of gp someone has and it should be broken by some other random variable you can find to make you top 3 again. Basically if you are not ranked high, it’s not fair to you.

My point is is that I develop my character more than others so why should I be rewarded less? that makes absolutely no sense work harder for Less that is the logic that you guys are saying to me right now, smh seriously think some of you just like to respond for ships and giggles
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Did you notice how everyone who has posted on this thread so far has agreed with me and none of them have agreed with you? But no, go ahead and continue thinking it's just me.
  • Options
    I bet when you are no longer top 3 gp in your guild you will then **** about why ties in raid shouldn’t be determined by amount of gp someone has and it should be broken by some other random variable you can find to make you top 3 again. Basically if you are not ranked high, it’s not fair to you.

My point is is that I develop my character more than others so why should I be rewarded less? that makes absolutely no sense work harder for Less that is the logic that you guys are saying to me right now, smh seriously think some of you just like to respond for ships and giggles

So you somehow think you are more entitled to rewards than people who did the exact same amount of damage as you?

...ok
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I dislike all of your suggestions.

Whoever finishes first would encourage people to hurry up and down the raid before anyone else gets to go... this is a group raid meant to power up your whole guild.

Going by GP means the guy who is the farthest along (and hence needs the gear the least) would always get the top rewards... even if he's 7*ed his Han and others in the guild haven't.

The random rank assignment in ties is the best solution for guilds as a group. Everyone was very happy when they switched it to this instead of by player id like it used to be so you definitely represent a minor portion of the swgoh community. The majority applauded when it became this way.

No we approved a lesser evil when they switched, and also your guild should have 0 damage rule to ensure weaker mates get rewards so that whole argument about beating Rancor quickly is invalid because Rancor only last for 15 minutes in any Guild that has multiple solo players
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

So you somehow think you are more entitled to rewards than people who did the exact same amount of damage as you?

...ok

The only reason why it's the same amount of Damages because there's a cap on it also that is why It should be determined by who finishes first or GP when it is the same damage there's no entitlement anywhere where do you get that from? I built my Toons I fought hard I'm carrying the weaker of members who cannot solo so why shouldn't I be rewarded? what sense does that make. If you have a job and you work at the end of the week when you go collect your check is that entitlement or is that what you earn from your hard work think about it
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Raids require tickets to launch and whether you have 4mil gp or 400 thousand gp, both of you can only earn a max of 600 per day so those two contributed equally to the launch of a raid and thus should deserve equal chance at earning loot should both score the same in raid.

Someone as selfish as you clearly doesn't understand the concept of a guild.
  • Options

Did you notice how everyone who has posted on this thread so far has agreed with me and none of them have agreed with you? But no, go ahead and continue thinking it's just me.

Is just you the guys schmooze off of the stronger players to get rewards and build your characters up, because you haven't put in the real work you guys are the sponges in your guilds I bet that's why you would hate for it to be built off of Merit of your own actions
  • Options
    Raids require tickets to launch and whether you have 4mil gp or 400 thousand gp, both of you can only earn a max of 600 per day so those two contributed equally to the launch of a raid and thus should deserve equal chance at earning loot should both score the same in raid.

So using that logic even a guy who can't finish the raid by himself long as he contributes 600 he should get the same exact award because you would not be able to do it without him does that make sense no
  • Options

So using that logic even a guy who can't finish the raid by himself long as he contributes 600 he should get the same exact award because you would not be able to do it without him does that make sense no

Literally no one is saying that. But try this one: Why should all the other people who can also solo (meaning they've put in as much work as you, if not more) get less rewards than you? You aren't speaking for the whole SWGOH community, we remember when it was ranked by your ally code. Can you imagine that? You could solo the raid and ALWAYS get 50th if the others could solo, but you were unlucky enough to have the last ally code in your guild?
    This is way better than it was before. No one is saying what you are claiming they are. Liath, who you accused of "schmoozing" and being a "sponge" has been on the forums since October 2016 - almost a year longer than you. I'm sure he can solo Rancor every time. I'm also sure he doesn't, if his guild has rules in place to allow lower-level players to get rewards.
    It's a guild, man. It's a guild raid. It's designed to raise everyone up. I'm so, so glad you're not in my guild. And on that, I'm speaking for the whole SWGOH community.
    FYI, don't drop mics. They are expensive.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options

Read it more carefully. I said people who score the same so either both finished the raid by themselves or neither did. So yeah, they deserve equal chance at loot.
  • Options
    I finished my first solo with G8 characters... Now I toss in CLS and press Auto, as does several others in my guild. To be honest, I'd rather all rewards down the line just be equalized like TB and stop with pushing for competition because it isn't doing anything but encouraging foul play (pre-loading, "accidentally damaging during the 0 hour", etc).

"Oh but that will make it so people in your guild won't work on teams for the raid and will just expect to be carried!" You say? Well, news flash, anyone who is okay with being carried is probably already being carried.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone is right in this thread except for one person.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Jumping on the “OP” is wrong train...

• Options
    As a guy that just got 16th place Pit rewards in a raid that had 23 solos, I think the randomized ranking for ties is perfectly acceptable. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. But at least everybody has a shot at good rewards, unlike both the previous system and your suggestions. Would I prefer it if everybody that soloed got 1st place? Absolutely. But that's not going to happen.
  • Options

That's a nice way to put it ;)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Where can I buy that ticket?
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Where can I buy that ticket?

I have an extra one.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

On average you finish average amongst those who can solo the raid. If it really means so much to you, that you call your guild mates low—lives for having less GP than you, then I'd advice you to move to a new guild where your GP is simply average. Then your average Rancor rank will match your GP.

No matter how many times you claim to speak for the gaming community, you're still wrong. The gaming community in general strongly disagrees with you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Is just you the guys schmooze off of the stronger players to get rewards and build your characters up, because you haven't put in the real work you guys are the sponges in your guilds I bet that's why you would hate for it to be built off of Merit of your own actions

ROFL!
  • LighTofHeaven
    153 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ill just share how we do it in our guild:
    we set a 10k limit registration instead of 0 dmg
    if u go above 10k, u arent allowed to hit the raid anymore

hence its nor by player ID which **** so bad, and its not random which is fine by me
    its whoever puts some time to get as close to 10k as he can

plus we have 30 mins courtesy time before solo players can register, that way ensuring players can play p1 p2 p3 without someone jumping the gun and finishing the whole raid instantly

that way we remove the random element of the rankings.

"speaking for the entire swgoh community on this one" <== No ur not @wrekincruw

EDIT: or we can equalize the amount of han solo shards like in HAAT, so people can get it fasrer
  • Options

yes clearly i am the sponge in my guild
    https://swgoh.gg/u/lightofheaven/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    At the moment the rancour is too small a raid for big guilds. To be honest haat is too small a raid for big guilds.

Randomisation is ok. If you want to max your rewards go to a weaker guild where only you can solo.

That said it would be cool if you were ranked by the damage of the biggest single hit or something. Even better to get rid of the problem and move on to tier 8 raids.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Clearly the only solution here is to limit everyone to using CUP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I can finally auto solo the raid and the way it is now is definitely better than how it was before. The only thing that should change is that everyone who gets 1st place should get equal rewards. But that ain't gonna happen
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu