Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I spent 1,799 crystals last month to make sure I was ready. I don’t think f2p should get it this round.

A few quick points. First, as many have pointed out, this is at least partially a resource management game. Just because you managed yours poorly doesn't mean others should be punished.

Second, the f2p players were left out the last time around. Leaving them out again would be unprecedented (hence, poor resource management to spend heavily after the first pass).

Third, it appears your self-centered username is actually fairly accurate.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    A lot of whales that dosen’t wanna fight for payout huh?
    Not a whale. Do gud in spaceships. Put much resources into ships instead of squad arena, knowing that my squad arena rank would suffer for not keeping up with squad meta. At least spaceships meta has been very stable until addition of Chimaera, and that's only one meta-shifting ship. Get Biggs and TIEs, gear Biggs and TIEs to the max, get rank and get paid.

Devs did not change character event schedules to accommadate me, to give me a boost against people who were better prepared. Seems they'll do it with ship events though, to give the less prepared a boost against me.

Looking at forums. People like you going "whales whales whales." Annoying.
  • Options
    So you will buy the home one pack that will prob come out for event its a business!
  • Options
    Its just like when you have 49 stun guns and takes 2 refreshes to get that 1 you need no difference..
  • Options
    They are pieces of trash for putting home one out one day after event ends. If this is the case, I'm done with this game.
  • Options
    HOOKAY!
    • We see the scheduling conflict
    • This was not our intention
    • Stay tuned for a hotfix and further details on how this will be addressed next week.

For those who can, have a great three day weekend folks!

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    HOOKAY!
    • Stay tuned for a hotfix and further details on how this will be addressed next week.

I thought CG has been on vacation since dec 23.
  • Options
    Can
    Its just like when you have 49 stun guns and takes 2 refreshes to get that 1 you need no difference..

Amen. 49/50 and the last one seems to be constipated at some drop zones.

Or like when you're 83/85 for *insert toon name* and you sim 5 tickets, knowing that it will most likely be..

..84/85.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Yesac wrote: »
    Not sure about this move to redo the calendar. I get the anger that f2p have over that schedule, but at the same time, those who did use crystals (some even f2p use crystals on these things if you can imagine that !?!?!?!) to refresh Home One or get a pack or two to 7* the ship are a little undercut here. In all honesty, people who spend do so for an advantage, and it sounds like that advantage may have been taken away from some people who spent <cough>. Either way, it is what it is, and what's the use in complaining (vault-gate). I'm sure all those f2p out there who weren't ready for Chimeara will think this perspective is so much more wildly selfish than their own selfishness.

People who refreshed did so on speculation. They did it because they thought it was possible chimaera would come back first and wanted to play it safe. They knew they were taking the risk they would be wrong and that was their choice. They weren’t told it would be necessary. They aren’t entitled to anything if it gets changed.

From that same perspective: people who didn't refresh were gambling on Chimaera only coming back after they could 7* H1 without refreshes. They are not entitled to anything if it doesn't get changed.

In other words: this isn't about entitlement at all, but about what CG should do to balance keeping the f2p community happy(ish) and getting money in their coffers.

Honestly, I don't see much reason to change it: anybody who wants Chimaera badly enough, has either already refreshed, or will pony up 999 crystals for the final 10 shards. The complainers won't quit over this, or they should have quit ages ago over the veterans cash grab, the phoenix cash grab or the requirement of P2P toons in platoons: it's very clear you won't ever be prepared in this game without spending some (lots of) money. This is not the first case of that and it won't be the last. It's also clear that you can compete without spending money: a 6* Chimaera is perfectly viable, as is a 7* Executrix.
  • Options
    Weekend end. CG_Kozispoon what with event schedule?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nunki wrote: »

Today is a holiday in the US, so it may or may not be the end of their weekend.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Today is a holiday in the US, so it may or may not be the end of their weekend.

This is correct. Kozi and CapGasp both stated "Tuesday" - which is tomorrow. Not to mention the fact that the post asking for an immediate uodate was posted at 6:45 am developer time. So probably more like 30 hours, not 24.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    How is this thread not closed yet?
  • Options

just wow.... lol
  • Options

lol classy
  • Options
    I actually anticipated chimaera would return in January before Home One event which is why i chose to refresh once during the home one event between xmas and new years. the extra one they ran for us last month was the hint i needed to burn 800 crystals. was actually super happy when they announced home one would return after chimaera event finishes as my foresight paid off in the end and i'm actually a bit disappointed they are going to change it...
  • Options
    First of all I wanna say I'm totally f2p

After this I really understand everyone to be mad about the events dates... It's almost a joke... A bad one to have H1 event right after chimera end. I really get it.

But some ppl invested precious crystals or money in packs and refreshes.... Ppl like me stopped farming to get the refreshes for example.... And everyone who did this,made it by a pure gamble... Knowing we could loose the investment.

Having that in mind is just UNFAIR to swap events with winds ship... And an even greater laugh in the face for people who played the risky move of playing a refresh (for a ship that barely has any use in arena tbh)

I'm sorry for my f2p pals but this is the true and I know I'll get bad comments on this but we'll... It's known.

For other farms there has been no compassion.

A pack for 999 crystals should be the fair solution for everyone

And as a second thing

What's going on with those cheesy nightsisters squads of 70k wrecking teams above 105k? Taking advantage of lame mechanics? When is cg saying something about the clearly unbalanced state of NS? Are we going to get ignored about this as zauls meta and wait for a new R2-D2 (toons forced to spoil metals)???

• Options
  • Options
    Well, you made a gamble on the ship, others, like me, made the gamble on the Ns, I am 5 pieces away from my second g12 and they’ll be going in arena soon, as you say, it’s a gamble that you didn’t take, so get on with it ^_*
  • Options
    I happen to like Nightsisters and took my own ‘gamble’ on them.

I like your first point but your second seems to contradict it.
  • Options
    Anybody knows what is going to happen with home one's event? It's going to be before the spected date or chimaera will be one extra day? :/
    This game sucks
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    Well, you made a gamble on the ship, others, like me, made the gamble on the Ns, I am 5 pieces away from my second g12 and they’ll be going in arena soon, as you say, it’s a gamble that you didn’t take, so get on with it ^_*

You are not doing it right, nightsisters are not a gamble.... Are a clearly unbalanced and broken team in this game (I run them too.... Why should I stayed shut??? Just because it benefits me?))) no.... One thing is to defend a point of view... Another is to justify uncomparably broken stuff in game (if u played battlefront you can understand this statement.... "Using nightsisters is like playing with bacta adrenaline bodyguard and ee4... And a rapid fire modded controller")
  • Teemto
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I happen to like Nightsisters and took my own ‘gamble’ on them.

I like your first point but your second seems to contradict it.

And understand me... I like NS hahaha I run them and 'gambled' too... But they are seriously broken

I win with 1zeta and undergrads toons to fully geared enemies with 9zetas hahaha lol its broken :P

'' '' Gambled''' ' because to use them almost no gear is needed everyone knows how easy to gear they are
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It is what it is, i'm also a bit bummed out that i refreshed for nothing. Especially because it looked like i made the right call, only to see it turn into the wrong call -_-
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    My gripe is with the lack of consistency. Typically, you'd get some benefit from refreshing. This time around it's just Crystals down the drain. Can't rely on things always being this way in the future either.

1600 Crystals are quite hard for me to accumulate, so I'm also not happy that spending them didn't give me any tangible benefit.
  • Options
    Teemto wrote: »

After this I really understand everyone to be mad about the events dates... It's almost a joke... A bad one to have H1 event right after chimera end. I really get it.

But some ppl invested precious crystals or money in packs and refreshes.... Ppl like me stopped farming to get the refreshes for example.... And everyone who did this,made it by a pure gamble... Knowing we could loose the investment.

Having that in mind is just UNFAIR to swap events with winds ship... And an even greater laugh in the face for people who played the risky move of playing a refresh (for a ship that barely has any use in arena tbh)

I'm sorry for my f2p pals but this is the true and I know I'll get bad comments on this but we'll... It's known.

And as a second thing

What's going on with those cheesy nightsisters squads of 70k wrecking teams above 105k? Taking advantage of lame mechanics? When is cg saying something about the clearly unbalanced state of NS? Are we going to get ignored about this as zauls meta and wait for a new R2-D2 (toons forced to spoil metals)???

Troopers beat NS without troubles, all teams have strengths and weakness, plus NS become a good option for Who dont have top mods, no reason to change with it. Before i zeta BB8 NS was my last team, after i run JTR Lead again, but no reason to mess with something that work and is good for many players. About power, sinergy always is more important than power alone, i could run 118k power team and i run 105k because have a lot better sinergy, same for ships with a higher gap between the Max power fleet and my arena fleet. The power say about the heroe alone, but toghether is another story and even Phoenix with top mods with 130+ speed and all zetas become option for arena today.
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

Whats the fix now? In 2 Days the Event start and No Details...
  • Options
    S3nt1_ge wrote: »
    Whats the fix now? In 2 Days the Event start and No Details...

Patience, it's 4 or 5am where the developers live...
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Capgasp 3 days ago on reddit: "We're going to hotfix early next week (Monday is a holiday) to adjust the schedule so Chimaera runs overlapping with the Home One event. Kozi will have details for everyone sometime on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Caljr wrote: »
    Teemto wrote: »

And as a second thing

Troopers beat NS without troubles, all teams have strengths and weakness, plus NS become a good option for Who dont have top mods, no reason to change with it. Before i zeta BB8 NS was my last team, after i run JTR Lead again, but no reason to mess with something that work and is good for many players. About power, sinergy always is more important than power alone, i could run 118k power team and i run 105k because have a lot better sinergy, same for ships with a higher gap between the Max power fleet and my arena fleet. The power say about the heroe alone, but toghether is another story and even Phoenix with top mods with 130+ speed and all zetas become option for arena today.

Would like to point out that 105k vs 118k is a lot more reasonable that 70k vs 100k+. There is, at a certain point, where a difference becomes unreasonable. Perhaps the devs should rework the NS faction, perhaps not. But there is no reason to not look into it.
This discussion has been closed.