Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    yeah ok buddy , u obviously watch to much tv
  • Options
    I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.
  • Options
    u still goin ?
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

You're not alone mate.

I think tman is 7.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    tman135 wrote: »
    the people who invest money in the game thats who ,if u dont care than dont comment

"Spend", not "invest" ;)

The investment bit is the illusion ;)

Oh, investing in the game in no illusion. EA stock is up about 40% in the past 12 months. But, I don't think that's really what he was talking about. Lol
  • Options
    all good , make your comments entertain each other
  • Options
    its an illusion right
  • Options
    its actually down by the way
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    [Oh, investing in the game in no illusion. EA stock is up about 40% in the past 12 months.

I can imagine. They're clearly doing something right. And not too fussed about whingers whinging on here I wouldn't think :smile:

• Options
    its just a game remember :)
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    By now it shouldn't be a surprise. One refresh at 800 crystals over the last months would have got you there.

Why shouldn’t this be a surprise. This game has been running for over 2 years and as far as I know there has never been an event that required spending crystals to unlock the 2nd time. It’s always designed to need crystals or money to get things the first time and then if you wait until the 2nd release you can get it without needing crystals. This is unprecedented.
  • Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    By now it shouldn't be a surprise. One refresh at 800 crystals over the last months would have got you there.

That's a classic hindsight bias. How would you have known that one refresh was all you would have needed? Why not 2 or 3? Why not a refresh plus one more pack of 10, or any other combination? Why not the event be 2 Home One events after the majority already have it at 7 stars?

I actually did buy 2 refreshes, expecting a return of the event in December. Alas, it came a month later, so I wasted 800 crystals. But it was my decision to do so, and I didn't make a thread complaining about it being wrong
  • Options
    What dirty dirty filthy dirty business. Chimaera ends the day before the home one event.

Dirty money grubbers. Keep your 7*, not another cent from me.
  • Options
    Im f2p and allready have Home One at 7*. This game is all about priorities and resource management. Chimaera will be back for all that wont catch the ship this time.

This +10000

I didn't even unlock Chimaera the first time around, only got to tier 4. But since then I did nothing but farm Rebel ships, including Ackbar's, to 7*. Only ship I have left to do is Bistan's and it's at 90/100. But all my Rebel ships were only 4* going into the first shot at Chimaera.

I'm not necessarily FTP, but I agree on the resource management and priorities. If you wanted Chimaera you would be able to get it this second time around. More than enough time.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Hiya,
    Seems this was omitted in our most recent patch notes. Quickly rectified! I'll update the notes alongside the event Calendar.

This hurts badly for peeps still missing fleet mastery shards, wouldn't matter if they indeed did overlap
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It's a **** move. The kind my dad would slap me in the face if i did when i was a kid. You can put it however you want, changing the order of which capital ships are obtained just before the event is an injury and running home one right after the event finishes is the insult.
    Post edited by Fitz on
  • Arronwolf
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If they do the Chimera event before the Home One event, it is just going to add another reason for people to uninstall this game. I try my best to stay competitive but when they throw these type of blatant cash grab tactics at people, any good will over the past few months goes right out the door.

NOTE to EA - Recently your track record of Battlefront, Need for Speed and UFC 3 has made your company the gold standard for what is wrong with video gaming industry. This may be on a much smaller scale, but what ever money you think you are going to squeeze out of people with this tactic probably isn't worth it.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Ask yourselves, with the business practices employed would you still be playing this game if wasn’t Star Wars?

I know I wouldn’t.

We are like dogs with an owner who abuses us. After every beating we go back for more, because we love him (it).
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    Agree, whether intentional or not, the scheduling of Chimaera vs Home One is going to be perceived as one of the most blatant money grabs I've seen on here, and that's saying something. Seriously??
    Oh, it was 100% intentional. Up until this month the order of the events has been Endurance -> Home One -> Executrix. Then this month it suddenly changed to Executrix -> Endurance -> Home One, and we find out the Chimaera is scheduled to come back right before the next Home One event. No way they didn't know exactly what they were doing there - there's no other reason to change the order like that when they've been consistent about it for months.

How do you not have it at 7 stars? I never bought a pack and have them all, except endurance at 7 stars. The only reason endurance isn't is because I missed 1 of the times that event ran.
  • Options
    I was going to post something and you beat me to it.

I would like to give them the benefit of a doubt and say their calendar has an error and that executrix is after chimera.

However if it’s true, it’s a real shame running home one after considering that most people don’t even use this utterly useless capital ship in arena and nothing apart from greed justifies it’s appreance after chimera.

I’m fine with spending money to buy crystals to refresh and get 15 for 800. I’m not fine with spending 999 to get 5 cause they don’t even give us an idea of the drop rates. @CG_Kozispoon please review your calendar.
  • Options
    I spent 800 in a refresh (90/100) and 999 in a pack (100/100) past time home one appeared anticipating something like this... Seems like i was right about CG greediness xD

Also i did it because i run home one in arena... (Usually top 1 at payout no refresh with a 400k fleet) so don't say noone runs home one in arena xD i play home one since the start... Even havivg a G12 tarkin against a G9 Ackbar (recently 10) with both capital ships at 7* and 6 dark side ships in the fleet xD
  • Options
    Fleet Mastery is always a 1 day event. The Chimera event is more like a legendary.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    This is so stupid. Why would they screw people over like this? (rhetorical question) Wouldn't it make more sense economically to put Home One right before Chimera because tons of people would buy refreshes? Wake up EA...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Heywood wrote: »
    This is so ****. Why would they screw people over like this? (rhetorical question) Wouldn't it make more sense economically to put Home One right before Chimera because tons of people would buy refreshes? Wake up EA...

No, because anyone who has done the event each time it appeared without refreshing is at 90/100, so if they put the event there those people would all finish it with no need for refreshes.
  • Options
    @Sarcodino well good for you but we don’t all have the leisure of being on baby servers.
    I’d eat your team for breakfast. A 5* Thrawn can beat a 420k AA team hands down. I do it daily for the poor guy that runs it on our shard. The only one.
  • Options
    Come on EA it’s 2018, start the year out well and do something cool for your player base. We aren’t asking for freebies. Just logic in your calendar
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous!!!!!!

Chimaera event ends Jan 24th and Home One event begins Jan 25th!!!!

My Home One sits at 90/100 blue prints!!!!! Eitehr a pack will be released or I can kiss the well needed 7* Chimaera away for god knows how long.

Its important for me so at least it can be another fleet added in TW defence.

The timing of all of this is just ridiculous!!!
This discussion has been closed.