TW different number of Defensive positions on each side issue [Merge]

Replies

• Options
    Same with my guild, we had 48 active members vs there 50 active members. I can only assume that the paring is based solely on GP for active member but still a disadvantage for us!
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ya so it looks like the Guild with lower defensive teams gives less banners per completed wave than a guild that sets the max defense, also there is one less team to beat and gain 10 banners so it actually evens out
  • Options
    I noticed the same thing and put together a simple spreadsheet. A full clear on both sides would still result in a tie.
  • Options
    Could only set 23 vs 24 for the opponent. Just stupid. The other guild is already several million gp higher than us. If this is wai then thanks for sucking the fun out of the game further.
  • Options
    We are in the same situation, 50/50 and allowed only 24 per when it should be 25. They have 25 set in each.
  • Options

FieldL wrote: »
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Correct me if Im wrong here, but isnt that the point of getting 10 banners per defensive squad that can be deployed in the territory when conquering a zone?

So that means conquering a territory get 10*the difference between teams. Okay, so the total banner numbers are still the same. Clearing both territories still result in a tie.

Nope. You get 20 per set D, but only 10 for a win on attacks.

I think field meant 10 for defeating their defense
  • Options
    SandurzGoH wrote: »
    I noticed the same thing and put together a simple spreadsheet. A full clear on both sides would still result in a tie.

I believe this is the solution to the tie problem. But it doesn’t really works.
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    Ya so it looks like the Guild with lower defensive teams gives less banners per completed wave than a guild that sets the max defense, also there is one less team to beat and gain 10 banners so it actually evens out

Correct. Since we’re down 21/22 against the other guild, we get 10 more banners because we have 1 extra team to defeat, plus we get 10 more bonus banners than them if we defeat equivalent territories
  • Options
    Ours was 18 (max we could put in) vs their 21 for a 600 banner deficit right off the bat.
    The bonus award for a cleared territory seems to even that back out (they get 630 we get 660 for the first field) but we have to defeat 3 extra teams...

I think it hurts us smaller guilds more than the bigger guys. We thrive on these rewards as our only way of getting some of this gear.
  • Options

Correct. Since we’re down 21/22 against the other guild, we get 10 more banners because we have 1 extra team to defeat, plus we get 10 more bonus banners than them if we defeat equivalent territories

It’s fair and useless.
  • wvuparker
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Our guild is experiencing this too. 22 teams to their 24 teams, 400 points behind from the start. We are getting more points for conquering territories but that doesn't make it fair. It's a lot easier to fill a territory with toons than to conquer a territory that has set, defensive squads.

But that's not the worst part about whatever is happening. The worst part is we were not told about this? At least anywhere that I can find? If we had been told about this, our guild would have used an entirely different plan for offense/defense. Now we are stuck with the worst strategy possible for this type of setup...

@CG_Kozispoon Please explain to us what is happening, and why were we not told about this?

I often don't feel the gifts for inconveniences that CG gives are always necessary, but this is one of those instances that merit a huge gift (like what we would have gotten if we won this TW instead of losing). This isn't just a inconvenience for one person, but for our entire guild. We worked hard at strategies and planning for this TW in particular, and to be handed this huge setback (without prior notification of game mechanic changes) is like a slap in the face. We cannot properly strategize when the rules aren't the same for both opponents.
  • Options
    Same here with my guild, 15 squads per territory vs. 16 squads.
  • Caiz
    28 posts Member
    Options
    So yes even points are available with adjusted conquer bonuses if both guilds clear, but there are certainly major strategy implications as the lesser defensive count guild may load up more than usual on defense only to find they have a much higher hill to climb with less offense.

Bottom line the counts should be the same.
  • Options
    FieldL wrote: »

It’s fair and useless.

Agreed
  • Options
    We are 23 Vs 25, have 50/50 members. We only had 48 last time and had 23 as a result, could be a glitch that's carrying over totals from previous war?
  • Options
    Caiz wrote: »
    So yes even points are available with adjusted conquer bonuses if both guilds clear, but there are certainly major strategy implications as the lesser defensive count guild may load up more than usual on defense only to find they have a much higher hill to climb with less offense.

I agree. My idea is to introduce wave counts. The wave counts decide the result if banner counts are the same.
  • Options
    That seems right, but I feel like they could of explained this, if intentional, with yesterday’s update.
  • Options
    we have 17 slots, they have 18 slots filled, how is this fair? they are ahead of us already
  • Options
    This has been part of TW for weeks. It didnt just get added now. I questioned it a while ago
  • Options
    The only consultation prize I can offer is that clearing zones appears to be worth the additional points, so you can make up the difference IF you can clear the zones with the extra defensive teams.

So the "clear" bonus is worth 10 more points if it has 24 squads verse 23, and 20 more if it has 25 squads verse 23. But that means you need to clear the zones to make up the difference, you're still 2-squads behind on uncleared zones.
  • Options
    We have 23, they have 25 defensive squads. But we get more banner for the conquest of a territory - so it equalises in the end.
    Discord --> cvbrixia
  • Options
    Jures200 wrote: »
    That seems right, but I feel like they could of explained this, if intentional, with yesterday’s update.

At least they should let us know something has changed. For me, the new banner rule is quite hard to understand.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They seem to be experimenting with the numbers, probably to see what setup results in least ties. Or it is simply buggy as kitten. Last time we had more def teams with less active players than now.
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    This has been part of TW for weeks. It didnt just get added now. I questioned it a while ago

I bet few people noticed this since the number of deployed teams has always been the same.
  • Options
    Caiz wrote: »

That's exactly what happened to my guild this time around. We would have been much better off if we had kept most of our best squads for offense, and we would have done that if we had known our guild would have to clear the entire map just to climb ourselves out of a 400 banner hole.
  • Options
    19 v 23 here. 40 extra battles is fun
  • Options
    IMHO defensive squads are the most important part of tw. An attacking squad can only be used once but if a defensive squad can survive an encounter then they are able to stay on the board. So even if the banner rewards work out the same in the end, the team that starts out with more defensive squads is more likely to win.
  • Options
    They started with more banner than us, if we clear out everything we going to lose anyway

You will get EXTRA that will even them out.
  • Options
    Brink wrote: »
    My guild too...we have 50/50 signed up and we filled all slots...23 in each territory. Other guild has 24 teams on defense in each territory.
    Well this bugaboo sounds like a head scratcher. I would be perturbed if the match started and we were already losing at time zero.
    However, the available points are still equal for both sides ... say the other team has 24 squads per territory, you have 23. They get 24*20*10=4800 banners, you get 23*20*10=4600 banners for defense. You start at a 200 point disadvantage.
    BUT on offense, you have the opportunity to earn 24*20*10=4800 banners, while they can only earn 23*20*10=4600 banners (not including territory bonuses)***. In all, each guild can only earn 9400 banners (plus bonuses). Points available are equal for both sides.
    The situation does not make much sense with the information given, but that doesn't mean the TW is an impossible task for your guild.
    ***before somebody jumps in and hollers "you only get 10 banners for winning a match on offense, liar!" please realize that isn't exactly true. Yes, initially you get 10 banners for winning the match, but if you conquer the territory, you also get another 10 banners for that match. Then, you get the territory bonus on top of that.
    This is probably old hat and does not need to be spelled out, but just in case ...

That's all and good if you conquer every zone, you're still in the hole by 1 squad for every unconquered zone PLUS you need to defeat 1 more squad per-zone to conquer it. You need a minimum of 7 more squads just to get to the back 3 and when you get there you're still 6 wins behind.