TW different number of Defensive positions on each side issue [Merge]

Replies

• Options
    I wonder what the purpose of this was, assuming it's not a mistake. It clearly wasn't to solve the tie problem. Are they having matchmaking problems because there fewer guilds out there than we think there are, and this was an attempt to add more possible opponent combinations?
  • Options
    A dev on another forum says this wasn't intentional.
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Every update they break something. It's like they just write code take a look at it on the screen and say yeah it works and plug it in the game right away.
  • Options
    Fattaro wrote: »
    In Territory War, we put 22 teams for each area and get 4400 points before battle. But other team put 24 teams for each area and get 4800 point battle.

How it can be fair game. They will start 400 points ahead of us.

This is not fair matching for our guild. :(

Mine is 17 versus 22 my guild was like **** 5 team difference. Maybe not level up unused people like referenced lol strong teams lol gp lol
  • Options
    The unfair thing is that

We put 22 teams in each area and there is 10 area.
    For Defence 20 * 22 * 10 = 4400
    They put 24 team
    For defence : 20 x 24 x 10 = 4800

For Attack
    We can earn max 10 x 24 x 10 = 2400
    They can earn max 10 x 22 x 10 = 2200

Total we can reach max 4400 + 2400 = 6800
    Total they can reach max 4800 + 2200 = 7000

Math shows us that

They have big advantage than us for victory
  • Options
    I wonder what the purpose of this was, assuming it's not a mistake. It clearly wasn't to solve the tie problem. Are they having matchmaking problems because there fewer guilds out there than we think there are, and this was an attempt to add more possible opponent combinations?

It may well be a misguided attempt to "level" the paying feeling between guilds with mis-matched participation if they are finding it hard to match up guilds with the same number of participants, but since it seems to be favoring teams with lower participation by giving them more slots per region, it's like building your system to favor having people "sit out"

• Options
    Liath wrote: »
    A Dev posted the following on Reddit, so I assume that means it's a bug:

"If you're having this problem, can you message me with the name of your guild and the name of your opponent's guild?"

It would be really nice if the developer would post it to the official forums...
  • Options
    The unfair thing is that

They put 24 team

For Attack

Math shows us that

Ties Fixed. Never let it be said CG doesn't fix things when you ask..... you might not like the fix, but they will give it to you!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    DirkRaygar wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    A Dev posted the following on Reddit, so I assume that means it's a bug:

"If you're having this problem, can you message me with the name of your guild and the name of your opponent's guild?"

It would be really nice if the developer would post it to the official forums...

Sure would be nice wouldn't it.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the "banner rules" haven't changed at all. What's changed (or is bugged, no official word yet on that, that I've seen) is the squad deployment limits in each territory are no longer the same for opposing guilds. I'm not sure how this will effect gameplay, but a full board clear will still result in a tie. So I can't see how this was something the Devs did to address the complaints about ties.

It affects game play because it places the guild with the fewer number of defense slots available at a disadvantage on any outcome other than a full sweep and it requires one guild to win an additional battle to clear each stage.

For example, with a 1-slot mismatch, if both guilds are able to clear 8 of the 10 regions and most of the squads in the remaining 2 regions. The guide with the fewer defensive slots available has to defeat 4 more total squads in those last two regions to force a tie, and that's after needing to win 8 more battles just to clear the first 8 regions.

And, as pointed out, if both sides have a "clean sweep" it's still a tie.
  • Options
    We don't have any change to win this battle if all of us destroy all teams. Is this good solution for ties? I don't think so.

According to my opinion to find a solution for ties. Team numbers should be same, max points should be same but if any guild reaches max point before then another guild, they can be first. If a guild want to win, they must be quicker then other guild. This is more fair solution than existing one it think.
  • Options
    Don't feel bad guys, my guild was allowed 14 per section while our opponent was given 21
  • Options
    dont worry everything work as intended.. this new TW matching will solve TIEs
  • Options
    The unfair thing is that

They put 24 team

For Attack

Math shows us that

Your math is wrong. You should count the Counqer point too and if you look that there is the different, so at the end, full clear will be tie.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to TW sub forum.

Last we heard Kozi said they are looking into it.
  • Options
    I can't imagine the chaos that's resulting from this in the dev offices
  • Fattaro
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

You are right, area win points have also changed, I missed it. Previous one, area points were same.
  • Options
    A full clear will still be a tie, but this system does present an unfair advantage as it forces one guild to defeat more squads in order to achieve a conquer and makes conquers more important to them.

The team with fewer available slots for defense has to defeat more 2 more squads in each an unconquered region then their opponent in order to achieve a tie and 3 more to win.

For example, if one guild as 23 slots and the other 24 slots, if both guilds conquer 8 of the 10 regions, the guild with 23 slots has had to win 8 more battles to get there and needs to defeat 4 more squads in those last 2 regions in order to win. If the guild with 24 slots leaves 4 squads alive between those last two regions, their opponent can't tie and must conquer one of those two regions in order to win.
  • Options
    So far in our tw:
    My guild theirs
    32 participants. ?
    16 D slots. 17 D slots
    4080 banners. 4150 banners
    1 zone cleared. 1 zone cleared
    9 more successful 0 more successful
    attacks. attacks.

To summarize: we are winning at the same time we a losing. Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    As the number of slots grows, the problem gets worse. with 22 and 24, the guild with 22 slots is at a 8-squad disadvantage if 2 regions are not conquered.
  • Options
    My guilds TW is totally whack this time around. We were allowed 14 squads per section while our opponent was allowed 21. I'm not too concerned as we filled our sections and set down more teams on defense overall then they did, but this still feels unintentional.

14:21 is a massive disadvantage. If you can't sweep, you're so far behind you need to defeat an entire extra region just to make up the difference.
  • Options
    As we were clearly the most disadvantaged I think we should be the most compensated. GKs for all of us please!
  • Options
    Between here and Reddit....does anyone have an even matchup?
  • Options

Would people with even match-ups realize there was something wrong?
  • Options

Yeah my guild is 22 vs 22. I was so confused with what people were talking about, cuz ours is the same, but I think I get it now. Seems like a nice fix?
  • Canadian_force78
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think it is great, it discourages bigger guilds from dropping tiers to have a easier win. Because if the lower guild clears they win, if it is that the lower gp guild is being able to set more defense
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

We do. But I'll take any compensation they offer anyway. ;)
  • Options
    it's not about fun but breaking ties.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They dont tell us that kind of information. all we know is that it is being looked into.
  • Options
    Brixia wrote: »
    We have 23, they have 25 defensive squads. But we get more banner for the conquest of a territory - so it equalises in the end.

They still have a huge advantage, as they likely have more participants, hence why they’re allowed more def squads. So they have more players, less teams they have to beat, and higher starting banners. While complete annihilation of both sides will result in a tie, they have to do a lot less work to achieve it.